• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

upandaway

Are you talking about the 2nd Gold Skutulla on Adventure mode or Legend mode? The system for each one is different. For the Adventure mode ones, you just need to not lose 4 hearts by the time you get 1200 KOs. For the Legend mode ones, each chapter has a specific objective (you can check it in the warriors info screen, but the names are usually hidden. You can get full descriptions online though) and they appear after that's done. However, you need to play with the specified character or weapon type listed beside the Skulltula, otherwise it doesn't appear.
Yeah Legend mode, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Do you know where those full descriptions are?

How is the multiplayer in this game? I typically only get multiplayer games for the Wii U so I can play with my son. I doubt I will touch anything single player. If there's not much meat to it I will probably pass on this title.

All the content in the game can be played both single-player and multi-player, and the game has a hundred hours worth of content at least. The multiplayer is graphically inferior though, both the framerate and visuals take a huge hit. I've been playing a lot of multiplayer these last few days though and it's still very much playable.

Note that the first level (~20 min) is single-player only.

ChuyMasta

Ok, I finally played with Midna. I recall reading somewhere in here about her running speed. So far I searched the forum, perhaps I suck, but! Why is she slow? What button do I hold for the wolf to run? I feel like this is a Leon can run in re4?! Level of question.

NeonZ

How is the multiplayer in this game? I typically only get multiplayer games for the Wii U so I can play with my son. I doubt I will touch anything single player. If there's not much meat to it I will probably pass on this title.

The first time you go through the first mission in Legend mode, you need to play solo, but afterwards everything, including all other chapters of Legend mode (the main story), is available in local co-op. One player in the Gamepad, another in the tv main screen. The graphics take a hit for the multiplayer, with lower resolution in the main screen. The performance also gets more unstable, although only a couple of times it's really a problem.

It isn't compatible with the Wii Controller, only Wii Remote + nunchuck or Wii U Pro Controller.

Yeah Legend mode, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Do you know where those full descriptions are?

This walkthrough seems to have all of them.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-warriors/Walkthrough

Kinsei

Banned
man, the stage in the far right square of the second row from the bottom was brutal when going for an A rank. Luck based stages like that suck.

TheMoon

Basically everything is multiplayer. Player 2 can jump in anywhere.

You guys know the trick to quick-running, right?

Just press the dodge button and keep holding it as you move in a direction. You can let it go once you start running.

All the content in the game can be played both single-player and multi-player, and the game has a hundred hours worth of content at least. The multiplayer is graphically inferior though, both the framerate and visuals take a huge hit. I've been playing a lot of multiplayer these last few days though and it's still very much playable.

Note that the first level (~20 min) is single-player only.
Oh shit there's local multiplayer?

tim1138

Wrapped up Legend mode today, the story surprised me with how good it was. The last boss fight took me a few tries, but I never felt frustrated with it. This is the first musou style game I've ever played, and it was a blast. Now onto Adventure and Challenge Modes!

Aww son of a...

I completely forgot you could do that.

I finally did it! Yeah it was the timer. I made sure that Sheik had a wall of Stalfos inbetween her and Zelda. So she never even made it there. ;)

I had to work fast to beat King Dodongo that quickly. I didn't think he took that long. Of course I was using a crappy level 1 weapon. That's why I'm doing some of those hard Skulltulas from Legend mode before I continue with Adventure. I want to throw away all of these level 1 weapons that serve no purpose anymore.

NeonZ

It's really odd that they bothered including OoT King Dodongo, even made a Zelda 1 sprite for him, which can be seen in the Adventure mode credits... but yet he doesn't appear in the Adventure mode at all. Does anyone know if they include the OoT King Dodongo in the Master Quest DLC stages?

I finally did it! Yeah it was the timer. I made sure that Sheik had a wall of Stalfos inbetween her and Zelda. So she never even made it there. ;)

I had to work fast to beat King Dodongo that quickly. I didn't think he took that long. Of course I was using a crappy level 1 weapon. That's why I'm doing some of those hard Skulltulas from Legend mode before I continue with Adventure. I want to throw away all of these level 1 weapons that serve no purpose anymore.

You don't need to use level 1 weapons there. The weapon icon, when applicable (doesn't Sheik only have her face listed there?) is referencing only the weapon type/moveset, not the weapon tier.

ohlawd

I'm completely cheating by using 2 players in those level 3 weapons map.
I need to get every weapons before the first DLC anyway.

my bro and I were doing some of the tiles for the lvl 1 and 2s

I had to drop him from the lvl 3s since he was taking too much damage :x

Kouriozan

my bro and I were doing some of the tiles for the lvl 1 and 2s

I had to drop him from the lvl 3s since he was taking too much damage :x

I'm doing it alone :lol
Taking the first player in a safe spot then destroy everything with the second one. Usually Link with his godly charged special attack (X)

I feel like I've learned more about this game in the last 24 hours than I have in the last week of playing.

We usually complain about the excessive handholding in Zelda games, so it's pretty interesting that Hyrule Warriors won't explain all of it's system upfront. It's been days since we started playing and talking about the game here on Gaf and we're still learning. This is SO much better than the usual Zelda approach! I hope to see this in Zelda U.

-PXG-

I finally opened my copy and popped it in. This is my first time actually owning a musou game. Holy shit it's awesome. The music is lovely. I can there is a lot to do and tons of replay value.

Oh, whatever then, I thought you did it to make it easier somehow to get an a-rank because of split characters. That's true though, using your preferred character like that is pretty smart. I've been playing a bunch of co-op these last few days and it doesn't seem like the levels get harder, do they? Strange how enemies don't get stronger. The only hard part is finding a co-op buddy who won't take a bunch of damage, heh.

NeonZ

Oh, whatever then, I thought you did it to make it easier somehow to get an a-rank because of split characters. That's true though, using your preferred character like that is pretty smart. I've been playing a bunch of co-op these last few days and it doesn't seem like the levels get harder, do they? Strange how enemies don't get stronger. The only hard part is finding a co-op buddy who won't take a bunch of damage, heh.

The only disadvantage is that if either of the characters go through the damage limit you won't get the A Ranking anymore. There are also less grunts, so you take longer to gather kills (although they're added up for the A Ranking KO).

The only disadvantage is that if either of the characters go through the damage limit you won't get the A Ranking anymore. There are also less grunts, so you take longer to gather kills (although they're added up for the A Ranking KO).

Yupp, but the less grunts thing doesn't matter much as you only need 600 KO's each.

georly

Because then I can focus on the three new characters. (+ that locked weapon skill)
I'm only missing 2 weapons anyway.

I'm using my wiimote to do the restricted character stages with me as the 2nd player.

AHAHAHAHAH that's brilliant. Totally gonna do that. Screw playing as agitha or ruto.

Kinsei

Banned
I wish the game would stop telling me to do things that put me at a disadvantage.

"Destroy the bombchus"

But having them destroy some of your keeps actually helps in that mission.

*Stop the Cuccos from taking over the keep*

But they attack the other enemies, and they're a lot more resilient than your AI comrades.

Dizzy-4U

So, Adventure mode, how do you find those heart pieces that are supposed to be "treasures"?.

Do I have to play with certain character or are they hidden under rocks or something? I'm trying to find one of the early ones, got the two skulltulas but still can't find the heart.

So, Adventure mode, how do you find those heart pieces that are supposed to be "treasures"?.

Do I have to play with certain character or are they hidden under rocks or something? I'm trying to find one of the early ones, got the two skulltulas but still can't find the heart.

You have to be playing as the character they belong to if you want to find them at all, though most are in keeps you don't need to capture so they're easy enough to find. If there's an enemy keep that's not required then it'll probably have a character heart container for you if you capture it :p

Legend mode is sometimes a bit more subtle: they like to hide them under rocks on the odd occasion o_O

You don't need to use level 1 weapons there. The weapon icon, when applicable (doesn't Sheik only have her face listed there?) is referencing only the weapon type/moveset, not the weapon tier.

Are you serious? I thought it had to be that exact weapon. That would have saved me some grief. I'm going to try that out later and then slap myself when it turns out to be true.

And it's Impa's Giant Knife that's listed for the Gold Skulltula. Sheik is just what's recommended for the stage.

Dizzy-4U

You have to be playing as the character they belong to if you want to find them at all, though most are in keeps you don't need to capture so they're easy enough to find. If there's an enemy keep that's not required then it'll probably have a character heart container for you if you capture it :p

Legend mode is sometimes a bit more subtle: they like to hide them under rocks on the odd occasion o_O
Oh yeah, I just got a heart container from another quest. It's just a keep capture thing, good.

What caught me off guard about that one was that the character was greyed out. Probably is for a character I haven't unlocked yet.

Fandangox

Oh yeah, I just got a heart container from another quest. It's just a keep capture thing, good.

What caught me off guard about that one was that the character was greyed out. Probably is for a character I haven't unlocked yet.

Were you playing adventute mode? Each character have their own heart pieces, so you must have just gotten the one that belonged to whoever you were using.

how to heal my Base?
Bases will automagically begin to heal up over time on their own if there are no enemies in them. Unfortunately, the little cannon-fodder enemies count so if they're milling about in your base it won't heal until the Friendly AI clear them out :/
I've tried giving them a hand in the past by clearing out huge swathes of them but I swear the little beggars just seem to respawn until the game decides they're done.

NZerker12

I finally managed to obtain all the weapons yesterday. I am now currently trying to kill
25,000 enemies to unlock the master sword skill
, and I have to say it takes a lot longer than what I thought, it actually becomes quite tedious. I have fortunately brought the number down to around 7,900 hopefully another 4 - 5 battles will allow me to unlock it.

Kouriozan

Really? When is it ever preferable to have them destroy a keep? Is it a tough mission that forces you to hold multiple keeps at the same time?
Problem is it's killing your army's morale if you let the bombchu destroy keeps.
If it happens and you forget to check the main keep, it can die really quickly.

I wish the game would stop telling me to do things that put me at a disadvantage.

"Destroy the bombchus"

But having them destroy some of your keeps actually helps in that mission.

*Stop the Cuccos from taking over the keep*

But they attack the other enemies, and they're a lot more resilient than your AI comrades.
1. Lows the morale. A LOT. It can make the rest of the level a lot harder because your AI army turns from somewhat competent idiots to totally braindead. I've seen a lot of times captains of my team taking an enemy commander by themselves, or me arriving adn them having half the health leaving me an easier job to finish.
And why wouldnt you kill the bombchus in time. Is pretty easy in the majority of the stages if you are not underleveled.

2. It depends about the cucco keeps. You only need to destroy them if they keep a base in one of the main pathways to the enemy keep or when they spawn just in the base next to the main enemy keep. If you let the have that base you are going to have a really hard time when you decide to kill the enemy commander if you cant kill it fast enough.

NZerker12

Woo, just unlocked the skill for the master sword. It
increases the swords base power from 300 to 500
. It definitely makes lv99 network links a lot easier to beat now.

Top Bottom