• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kouriozan

Was doing the first level on Hero mode with Link last weapon, it took ages even at level 80.
Then I tried that Levias combo, and it's surprisingly effective against big boss, it deplete the weak point gauge so fast :eek:

bobohoro

1. Lows the morale. A LOT. It can make the rest of the level a lot harder because your AI army turns from somewhat competent idiots to totally braindead. I've seen a lot of times captains of my team taking an enemy commander by themselves, or me arriving adn them having half the health leaving me an easier job to finish.
And why wouldnt you kill the bombchus in time. Is pretty easy in the majority of the stages if you are not underleveled.

Generally right, but there is one Level where it's easier to let the bombchus destroy the two keeps while you get your KO count up (to boost low morale) and just regain them quickly afterwards, since you only need half the amount of kills if the keep was once yours. I think the map is near Baton Lv3 and plays on the Goron Keep map.

TheMoon

Was doing the first level on Hero mode with Link last weapon, it took ages even at level 80.
Then I tried that Levias combo, and it's surprisingly effective against big boss, it deplete the weak point gauge so fast :eek:

Even at 80? It took me 36 minutes at level 46(?) or something.

Even at 80? It took me 36 minutes at level 46(?) or something.

I did it at level 40 iirc with the Master Sword. Wasn't too bad, only the king took quite a long time. Enemies could kill me in just two-three hits though.

NZerker12

Yep.

Just did Darunia level 3 weapon map.
K.O. A rank
Damage A rank
Time B rank... 15:26 NOOOOOOOOOO
That level is already super hard, they could have give me A rank 26 sec is nothing! >.<

Tell me about it, out of all the level 3 weapon missions, this one was the most annoying especially those damn goblins which kept spawning constantly. I had to level Darunia to level 60 just to do it.

Kouriozan

Finally got all weapons, time to kill 25k ennemies with the Master Sword.
Checking my playtime, it took me 62 hours, but I still need to get all heart pieces and skulltulas :)

Kinsei

Banned
I take it you're not meant to get an A rank on boss rush until after you've powered up the master sword? It takes me 15 minutes just to kill 3 of them with a 5 star level 3 weapon while using my level 65 Link.

Really? When is it ever preferable to have them destroy a keep? Is it a tough mission that forces you to hold multiple keeps at the same time?

The far right square of the second row from the bottom. If all your keeps are standing when the bombchu that goes for your allied base is destroyed, all of the enemy captains rush the base. If you let one or more of your keeps get taken over, they wait until you get them back. It lets you take out the captains individually instead of all at once.

bumpkin

Finally got through Death fucking Mountain today. Suck it, Daruna! That stage was easily the hardest one I've played so far as someone with zero prior Mosuo (sp?) experience.

Fandangox

I take it you're not meant to get an A rank on boss rush until after you've powered up the master sword?.

I feel the same about the evil powers reward map, they give you 3 minutes to kill Zant, Volga, Wizzro, and Ghirahim who are all at 4 different corners of the map, and once you kill 2 of them 3 more generals appear.

Great farming mission though.

Soodanim

Hyrule Warriors, I owe you an apology. I said Zelda was rubbish. While unlocking her 3rd rapier, I've had my eyes opened. She's goddess tier. Sheik is still the most fun, but the damage I was doing to Cia with her light combos was magnificent.

Hyrule Warriors, I owe you an apology. I said Zelda was rubbish. While unlocking her 3rd rapier, I've had my eyes opened. She's goddess tier. Sheik is still the most fun, but the damage I was doing to Cia with her light combos was magnificent.

Never minding the fact that you are literally talking to a game, I strongly disagree with calling her "goddess tier". She is below average for sure. That said she's still good enough, but definitely not even close to Link, Sheik or Impa.

Unlocked Link's level 3 Gauntlet weapon earlier. I didn't get a chance to use it, but I know I want to! I'll have a lot more time the next few days, so I'm hoping to unlock as much as I can before the DLC comes out (still missing a number of weapons, and Zant entirely - I've been hanging out on the other side of the Map mostly).

Neki

Can anyone tell me why Sheik is so good? I feel like I do much better with Link and Impa against bosses and clearing out mobs.

Can anyone tell me why Sheik is so good? I feel like I do much better with Link and Impa against bosses and clearing out mobs.

Sheik is insanely fast and has excellent moves for every scenario. She can create a water shield, blocking all incoming damage. She can create a field of light, refilling all three of her special attack bars. Her special attack also has one of the biggest ranges in the game. She can use every element. Her dodge is amazing.

Simply put: she is the best character for almost every possible scenario in the game, however when simply clearing out mobs, as you do in a majority of the missions, Link, Impa and Lana are definitely as good as Sheik if not even better. For bosses though, Sheik rules yet again. You can refill your special attack bars while the bosses do their bullshit and then special attack-spam them.

Sagitario

Is there any advantage in playing on hard besides getting just a bit more rupees? Some enemies become sponges and if I'm not getting better drops, then I don't see the point.

Fandangox

Is there any advantage in playing on hard besides getting just a bit more rupees? Some enemies become sponges and if I'm not getting better drops, then I don't see the point.

Each stage has 2 skulltulas, you need to get the first, and then replay the stage on hard (with the character/weapon needed) and meet the requirements to get the secons skulltula.

Soodanim

Never minding the fact that you are literally talking to a game, I strongly disagree with calling her "goddess tier". She is below average for sure. That said she's still good enough, but definitely not even close to Link, Sheik or Impa.
She's pretty good at taking out crowds, and she's decent against lifebar enemies. Her special attack arrow and her weak meter attack (whatever it's called) hits a nice wide range. YYYYX (charged) tears through enemies enquiry enough to be caught in it. Not to mention her essentially having double the amount of combos because of the charge light orb thing.

She's no Sheik, but who is? She's definitely more fun than some others.
Goddess tier was partly a SS reference.

NeonZ

The only enemy that bothered me was Darunia. I don't think playing on normal would have been as fun. But, yes, there are better drops in general, not only the ruppee bonus.

Camjo-Z

God I hate Agitha. I mean, with characters like Fi and Ruto, I didn't like them at first but after leveling them up a bit they started to do damage and I understood how to use them better. But Agitha, she just has nothing going for her. Painfully slow attacks, awful range, and even her butterfly-riding gimmick is mediocre. Every time I see an A Rank reward with her face on it I just sigh and shake my head.

On a less negative note, I usually don't like playing as Lana (Se, NO! Se, NO! Se, NO!) but it's cute how she sings the Zelda theme while using the Summoning Gate. The fact that it has a badass moveset doesn't hurt either.

Dreavus

God I hate Agitha. I mean, with characters like Fi and Ruto, I didn't like them at first but after leveling them up a bit they started to do damage and I understood how to use them a better. But Agitha, she just has nothing going for her. Painfully slow attacks, awful range, and even her butterfly-riding gimmick is mediocre. Every time I see an A Rank reward with her face on it I just sigh and shake my head.

On a less negative note, I usually don't like playing as Lana (Se, NO! Se, NO! Se, NO!) but it's cute how she sings the Zelda theme while using the Summoning Gate. The fact that it has a badass moveset doesn't hurt either.

Agitha boils down to spamming XXY - then dodge cancelling it and letting the beetle do it's thing in safety, then using the Tornado combo for crowds (XXXY I think). I don't like playing her much either, but she can be reasonably effective using those combos.

TheMoon

What the others said + it's more fun. Hard actually keeps you on your toes a bit without being brutally unforgiving or anything like that.

Just registered this on club Nintendo, didn't get a ganon code. Was I supposed to?

Look on the CN site. It should be there before it gets mailed to you. Can take 24h (or up to two days apparently?). Mine was there within a few hours (EU). A friend's was there immediately (NA).

Agitha boils down to spamming XXY - then dodge cancelling it and letting the beetle do it's thing in safety, then using the Tornado combo for crowds (XXXY I think). I don't like playing her much either, but she can be reasonably effective using those combos.

I'm still not sure about YYYX. I've been messing about and noticed that YYYYX (1 more Y :p) seems to cover the same distance as the final distance traveled by the whirlwind before it times out, but in considerably less time. That said, I don't know how many extra kills I get from minions wandering into the whirlwind while it's still up. It's hard to say which is the best crowd-clearance for her :eek:

Also, against Humanoid bosses/officers I tend to YX them first before doing YYX-B as the launch prevents them interrupting your summon and the second hit of the YYX-B will actually hit and add extra air-time to them too so they won't be able to recover before your green beetle makes it's eventual appearance :3

i really do wish she'd been at least given a better gimmick than the butterfly though :/ Lana's summoned Argorok flight laughs at it.

lol at agitha's last adventure stage.
Welcome to lizalfos land, have a good stay.

If its not the damage, is the time. Shitty agitha good for nothing (yeah yeah, I know her combos. she is just too slow to do everything in time).

NeonZ

If its not the damage, is the time. Shitty agitha good for nothing (yeah yeah, I know her combos. she is just too slow to do everything in time).

Start the tornado (YYYX) before the lizalfos reach her. It'll go forward and reach them. Also, don't forget to follow up YYYX with XYYYX (where she boards the butterfly, attacks enemies trapped inside the tornado and then divebombs). It does a lot of damage to officers.

StAidan

I really need to practice combos more. I've mostly stuck with Cn combos through Legend Mode, but I've now seen from experience that Adventure demands a lot more as you move away from the starting area.

Dizzy-4U

I hate Ruto so much. Half the stuff I have in Adventure mode is for her.

Does she have a better weapon that can make my life easier? Her default one is painfully slow.

Are all the playable characters in the post because I heard that Dynasty Warrior games usually have a fuck-ton of characters and I want to see someone from Mask.

NeonZ

Are all the playable characters in the post because I heard that Dynasty Warrior games usually have a fuck-ton of characters and I want to see someone from Mask.

Dynasty Warriors has tons of characters, but the series has been going on for a while, usually the first game in each subseries has a low number of characters. The opening post is missing some characters though (Sheik, Midna, Fi) and we're getting three other characters this week as a free update. They're already in the game as npcs - Wizzro, Volga and Cia - three original characters, although Wizzro is basically a super Zelda 1 Wizzrobe, even using a Wizzrobe sprite in the Adventure mode.

Some characters have multiple weapons that give them completely different movesets (Link has 4 different ones, including one where you basically play with another character
the Great Fairy, with Link just as support
). Lana has three weapons, Zelda and Impa have two.

The paid DLC is also adding three characters (one in the Twilight Princess Pack and two in the Majora's Mask pack), alongside two new weapons (Epona/mounted moveset for Link in the first DLC pack, Master Quest, and an unrevealed one right now in the Twilight Princess pack). However, we don't know yet if those themed packs will be strictly limited to those series. The first pack is "Master Quest", and also includes some other unrelated features, not just "Master Quest" related content.

El Odio

Banned
Each stage has 2 skulltulas, you need to get the first, and then replay the stage on hard (with the character/weapon needed) and meet the requirements to get the secons skulltula.
How do you get the requirements for the second skulltula to show though? I've played through the whole campaign minus the final stage on hard and it still only tells me how to get the first one in the checklist.

Meeps

How do you get the requirements for the second skulltula to show though? I've played through the whole campaign minus the final stage on hard and it still only tells me how to get the first one in the checklist.

I don't think the second set shows up until after you beat Legend mode once.

Fandangox

Finish Legend Mode. You also have to get the first skulltulla in a stage to get the second. Goto warriors info in the pause screen, it should be there.

Sagitario

Thanks for the answers, guys!

What the others said + it's more fun. Hard actually keeps you on your toes a bit without being brutally unforgiving or anything like that.

Look on the CN site. It should be there before it gets mailed to you. Can take 24h (or up to two days apparently?). Mine was there within a few hours (EU). A friend's was there immediately (NA).
I'm not finding it more fun, honestly. It actually feels more tedious.

I just did "Battle of the Triforce" and the last mission (where you have to defeat both Link and Zelda) took me more than 30 minutes (if not more).
Link and Zelda kept reviving themselves. Just when I was about to defeat one, the other revived. It took me a while to finally get them both at the same place so I could finish them [almost] at the same time (that way they wouldn't be able to get enough time to revive).

Thank goodness for the saving option, cause the checkpoint didn't help much (and I wish materials were automatically picked up after defeating an enemy :p)

Kinsei

Banned
I noticed that Death Mountain has the square platform with a circle of stones on it outside of Goron City just like in Ocarina of Time. I wonder what other little references I've been running past without noticing.

zlCfzSid8VQJuWZCQm

zulux21

Thanks for the answers, guys!

I'm not finding it more fun, honestly. It actually feels more tedious.

I just did "Battle of the Triforce" and the last mission (where you have to defeat both Link and Zelda) took me more than 30 minutes (if not more).
Link and Zelda kept reviving themselves. Just when I was about to defeat one, the other revived. It took me a while to finally get them both at the same place so I could finish them [almost] at the same time (that way they wouldn't be able to get enough time to revive).

Thank goodness for the saving option, cause the checkpoint didn't help much (and I wish materials were automatically picked up after defeating an enemy :p)

play with a friend... that battle is a piece of cake in co op :p

also again my id is zulux21. I have been playing with network links... actually had a friend list person show up today but alas he was to high of a level for me to play with as my wife kept dying.

I noticed that Death Mountain has the square platform with a circle of stones on it outside of Goron City just like in Ocarina of Time. I wonder what other little references I've been running past without noticing.

zlCfzSid8VQJuWZCQm
Same level has the statue from inside the town you toss bombs in.

Lucreto

I am really enjoying this game. I did play dynasty warriors but I am enjoying this far more. Just finished the Legend mode and being the trophy/achievement whore I lack the incentive to continue through the adventure mode. I even find it sad.

I have too many other games to play through before November.

Top Bottom