• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kinsei

Banned
So guys, how do you unlock the 25000 ko abilities of weapons that are NOT the master sword? Ive already got all the weapons so the master sword KO number is in red, but for the other weapons with similar locked skills its still purple.

Haven't found anything on the interent that would help me. I have a bunch of weapons with 25000 ko skills, so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.

You need to get the 25k kills with the master sword to unlock the other 25k skill.

NZerker12

So guys, how do you unlock the 25000 ko abilities of weapons that are NOT the master sword? Ive already got all the weapons so the master sword KO number is in red, but for the other weapons with similar locked skills its still purple.

Haven't found anything on the interent that would help me. I have a bunch of weapons with 25000 ko skills, so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.

You have to unlock the skill on the master sword (kill 25,000 enemies) to unlock the 25,000 skills.

Join the ruto OP cult my friend.
Midna is also best character.

Unlock the true power of the master sword to start working on those 25k.

Shengar

Just bought this few days ago, and as Warriors veteran, I'm really liking what I've seen so far. The lock on system especially, could be a powerful recipe to improved on the Warriors game formula.

Also fuck cuccoc, those chickens hits like trucks.
Starting to learn how to play with Ruto. At first I was the worst with her, but when you play her right it feels so good.
Panda, can I add your NNID? :3

L95

Oh, the first bit of DLC is released tomorrow in the US, right? I can't wait to try out the new characters. I haven't looked at much japanese footage, so I'm not sure what they play like...

Neo Dark

Oh, the first bit of DLC is released tomorrow in the US, right? I can't wait to try out the new characters. I haven't looked at much japanese footage, so I'm not sure what they play like...

I haven't seen the other two since I don't care about those two as much but Cia looks like she plays like how she fights against you in the game

upandaway

Just bought this few days ago, and as Warriors veteran, I'm really liking what I've seen so far. The lock on system especially, could be a powerful recipe to improved on the Warriors game formula.

Also fuck cuccoc, those chickens hits like trucks.

Panda, can I add your NNID? :3
Go ahead, it's y.alon .

So I was trying to get the hard skulltulas of legend mode.
Went to do the 3rd level one. You need to take half the life bar of Gohma (and impa be stil alive) before the second skulltula appears.

The problem is... I 1 hit kill gohma before i can take half of his life bar.

Am i fucked? Repeating it again with a less powerfull weapon could be the solution, the problem is, all my magic rods are already powerful.

After 66 hours I think I'm done with the game until all DLC is released.
I know the first DLC gets released tomorrow in EU

After clearing the whole adventure map and finishing Legendary mode twice I find it a bit surprising that I still have a handful of ???? materials left.

Also: I still think the skulltula system is far from perfect, I don't like it. Especially when you have to
kill King Dodongo within 3 minutes
and all he does is rolling around without giving you the chance to throw some bombs into his mouth. That's 10~15 min wasted without any progress.

Am i fucked? Repeating it again with a less powerfull weapon could be the solution, the problem is, all my magic rods are already powerful.

Right when it spawns, attack it when his weak spot is exposed, but don't finish it. Somewhen it will disappear and respawn in the Deku tree (I think) with his "weakness-bar" full again. Now you should be able to get him below half health without actually finishing him. At least, that's how I did it.

TheMoon

Went to do the 3rd level one. You need to take half the life bar of Gohma (and impa be stil alive) before the second skulltula appears.

Can't you use items to cause low damage amounts?

NeonZ

With the magic rod, you should be able to hit it from outside of the range of the weak point attack.

Try to get a LV2 or LV1 rod, or use 2P.

Completing missions on easier difficulties will get you weaker weapons in my experience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So bit of a silly question, but want to confirm. I can still get the Hero of Hyrule pack after tomorrow, when the first DLC pack hits, right? I'm probably gonna wait until Friday or next week to get more funds & forgot it's coming out tomorrow.

Also need to get back to this. Finished all the OoT/TP/SS stages in Legend, so back to linear stages.

Right when it spawns, attack it when his weak spot is exposed, but don't finish it. Somewhen it will disappear and respawn in the Deku tree (I think) with his "weakness-bar" full again. Now you should be able to get him below half health without actually finishing him. At least, that's how I did it.

Interesting, I didnt remember about that, it seems its the best option.

Can't you use items to cause low damage amounts?
Gohma is not affected by normal items, I think.

EDIT
Yep, HaterisHating know how to get that second skulltula. Worked like charm.

Could someone help me figure out how Agitha's C4 (I think it's that one, the YYYX one) works? I get on the butterfly, and I hit Y but it doesn't seem to do much, so I just hit X to divebomb out of it. There's got to be more to it though.

Fandangox

Could someone help me figure out how Agitha's C4 (I think it's that one, the YYYX one) works? I get on the butterfly, and I hit Y but it doesn't seem to do much, so I just hit X to divebomb out of it. There's got to be more to it though.

Agitha's C4 is the whirlwind, its supposed to get all the enemies in one spot so you can take them all out when you divebomb into them.

Dizzy-4U

This may seem like an incredible stupid question considering I have put 50 hours into the game already but....Is it possible to avoid damage from those keeps that have elemental barriers on them?

The way I've been doing it so far was to knock the boss outside as fast as I could and kick it's ass outside. But now I have a problem, friggin Darunia stays in the center and it's pretty hard to knock him out. I can't lure him out either :/

Kouriozan

This may seem like an incredible stupid question considering I have put 50 hours into the game already but....Is it possible to avoid damage from those keeps that have elemental barriers on them?

The way I've been doing it so far was to knock the boss outside as fast as I could and kick it's ass outside. But now I have a problem, friggin Darunia stays in the center and it's pretty hard to knock him out. You can't lure him out either :/

You have to capture a keep with a fairy icon on the map, take the fairy and use it in the keep doing elemental damages.
There is some stage with only 1 fairy for 2 keeps of the same element, I dunno what to do with those ones.

The way I've been doing it so far was to knock the boss outside as fast as I could and kick it's ass outside. But now I have a problem, friggin Darunia stays in the center and it's pretty hard to knock him out. I can't lure him out either :/

Other than using the fairies? Focus Spirit will also protect you, as will defeating the keep boss (though in your case, that boss is Darunia).

Either
A) Use fairies
B) Use spirit focus with a character whose weapon is of the same element as the keep
C) Get them out of there quickly with special attacks and keep them out

EDIT:

Whaaaaaat? I always captured those fairy keeps. You get a fairy in your inventory? I never checked.

Lol, seriously. Read the damn tutorials. Haha, what did you think the fairy was for, all these 50 hours you've played?

Dizzy-4U

It appears that I missed a very important game mechanic. See? I told you guys my question was stupid. Always wondered what was the deal with those fairies.

Portalbox

It appears that I missed a ver important game mechanic. See? I told you guys my question was stupid. Always wondered what was the deal with those fairies.

You are not alone. At first I thought picking up the fairy was enough to protect me, but then I noticed it didn't do a thing... I had to ask other people to know that I had I use it, too.

Oh okay. I guess I was trying to do something else with it, like flying around and attacking other groups, but I could never go far enough.

Thank you!

I haven't played in a while, but it sounds to me like you're just describing her regular strong attack (X). I can't remember, does she also do the exact same attack at the end of her C4?

I haven't played in a while, but it sounds to me like you're just describing her regular strong attack (X). I can't remember, does she also do the exact same attack at the end of her C4?

No. But usually in a hurry, and thats most of the time with agitha, is that pressing C4 will accidentally do the butterfly special at the end.

I beat the 1000 ko with agitha by doing the hurricane and then divebombing with the butterfly, seems her "best" group attack, but it's less than optimal.

darkmagus

I unlocked the Lvl3 gauntlets, the Lvl3 giant blade, Zant Lvl2 Weapon (I hate those damm Cuccos) and got a couple of skulltulas. also did a couple of network links :)

with the DLC coming at the end of this week, i am not even close to finish this game lol

Dreavus

I did a double take at the lvl 3 gauntlets when I unlocked them last night, but then I remembered Link's Awakening exists. So many great little details in this game.

Kinsei

Banned
I did the first two stages in legend mode on hero difficulty and man, talk about increasing the enemies stats to a point where the game becomes unfun. The damage they dealt was fine, but they have way too much health. My level 83 Link with every attack badge took way too long to kill Dodongo and Wizzro. After I finish the next two stages, I'm going to wait until Sheik and Lana are 99 before continuing.

The worst part is, the rewards aren't even that great. Oh, 10k rupees you say? I can get 40k just by doing the True Partners reward map.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I did the first two stages in legend mode on hero difficulty and man, talk about increasing the enemies stats to a point where the game becomes unfun. The damage they dealt was fine, but they have way too much health. My level 83 Link with every attack badge took way too long to kill Dodongo and Wizzro. After I finish the next two stages, I'm going to wait until Sheik and Lana are 99 before continuing.

The worst part is, the rewards aren't even that great. Oh, 10k rupees you say? I can get 40k just by doing the True Partners reward map.

Yeah Hero mode just aint fun. When I got to king dodongo and did my super to him after whittling down his gauge and it did like 1/20 of his health I quit the mission right then and there.

El Odio

Banned
Finally got Zant's second weapon after coming up at 16mins the first time and then a little too much damage the second. I really like his playstyle, he's so crazy.

tariniel

The FPS in this game is booty. I swear it drops to like 15 fps in some areas.

I finished legend mode and don't really have any desire to keep playing. Overall it was fun but I don't think it was $60 worth of fun.

TheMoon

The sheer breadth of statements regarding the framerate for this game is hilarious. Everything from "unplayable!" to "extremely smooth."

Akiller

2zeyzip.jpg

Mah Impah.

The sheer breadth of statements regarding the framerate for this game is hilarious. Everything from "unplayable!" to "extremely smooth."

Yeah, really. People just have different opinions on what is unplayable. In single-player the framerate doesn't bother me at all. In multiplayer it really does drop a lot but the game is still fun and it's not exactly a game where you have to be frame perfect anyway.

Mesoian

Yeah, really. People just have different opinions on what is unplayable. In single-player the framerate doesn't bother me at all. In multiplayer it really does drop a lot but the game is still fun and it's not exactly a game where you have to be frame perfect anyway.

I can get WAY down there though. I'm having trouble with an adventure mode mission where there's probably 6 big icy poes surrounded by their own 100 guys in a small alley in the temple of time and the game CHUGS. Makes it hard getting out of there without taking any damage.

I find the camera getting stuck in walls to be more annoying than the frame rate though.

Finally got Zant's second weapon after coming up at 16mins the first time and then a little too much damage the second. I really like his playstyle, he's so crazy.

I like the fact that his X turns his swords into friggen Gatling Guns. So good.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
More often than not I find myself actually impressed with the framerate. I'll be facing like a hundred dudes and think WOW look at all those dudes and so smooth. I've always had a really high tolerance for frame rate dips though, 90% of the time I don't even notice them, and 9% of the time I just think "wow slowin down cause so much stuff, bitchin." It's a rare thing for a frame drop in a game to hit my brain in a negative way.

lyrick

More often than not I find myself actually impressed with the framerate. I'll be facing like a hundred dudes and think WOW look at all those dudes and so smooth. I've always had a really high tolerance for frame rate dips though, 90% of the time I don't even notice them, and 9% of the time I just think "wow slowin down cause so much stuff, bitchin." It's a rare thing for a frame drop in a game to hit my brain in a negative way.

then cuccos jump on screen and bring that framerate down to hell, I swear it's always the damn cuccos.

Kinsei

Banned
I found a secret technique with Link! If you dodge and then hit X you'll do his C2 instead of his C1. Using this technique I can fully deplete the weakness gauge of giant bosses (Minus the Imprisoned because of how that fight works) before they get up! Do other characters have hidden techniques like that?

Sagitario

So, everyone uses rupees to level up or is there a faster way? Cause Link is level 44 but the rest are ~20.

I found a secret technique with Link! If you dodge and then hit X you'll do his C2 instead of his C1. Using this technique I can fully deplete the weakness gauge of giant bosses (Minus the Imprisoned because of how that fight works) before they get up! Do other characters have hidden techniques like that?
Am I the only one who uses the Zelda style controls? :p

Which one is that?

The game chugs a bunch anytime you are near a Cya and another commander, attaking between them.
15-20 fps not uncommon.
You can notice this in one of the adventure maps where at the beggining of the stage Impa is already fighting Cya inside the amster sword temple.

So, everyone uses rupees to level up or is there a faster way? Cause Link is level 44 but the rest are ~20.

Am I the only one who uses the Zelda style controls? :p

Yes, use rupees to level up. It'll get really expensive though.

And yeah, Warriors-controls are the standard that most people use. It's basically the same thing though. There's no reason to use the Zelda-controls.

Top Bottom