• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
So, everyone uses rupees to level up or is there a faster way? Cause Link is level 44 but the rest are ~20.

Am I the only one who uses the Zelda style controls? :p

Which one is that?

Depends on where you are in the game. I mostly use rupees on the lowest leveled characters every now and again (usually if I have around ~150k with no urgent need) while just playing through whatever tiles are available/feasible in adventure mode. Rupees seem to be the main element of avoiding grinding in the game. Of course this does imply some grinding for rupees, but just doing available tiles hasn't brought me up against a wall where I feel grinding is necessary yet.

Also, be sure to get the level 2/3 weapons for low level characters as soon as possible since they make a huge difference and buying someone up to level 40 is kinda pointless if the equipment is garbage.

Not sure how all of this applies to legend mode, though. I just used Link whenever I could.

Jackano

So, everyone uses rupees to level up or is there a faster way? Cause Link is level 44 but the rest are ~20.

Which one is that?

I usually do this: Play a level with a character, and after this, complete his leveling up with money.
I use Zelda controls. Didn't knew the difference, recognized Zelda name in japanese, choose it.
Unlockable adventure mode content with
the first skulltulas illustration

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I found a secret technique with Link! If you dodge and then hit X you'll do his C2 instead of his C1. Using this technique I can fully deplete the weakness gauge of giant bosses (Minus the Imprisoned because of how that fight works) before they get up! Do other characters have hidden techniques like that?

You're right I have noticed this too! Though I have not played around much with it. Now that I think about it, that might be the "regular" way to do the attack performed after a hook shot. As you probably know, when Link uses the hook shot to leap to an enemy, the attack you link (heh) into is his C2 launcher, not a C1 or light attack. So my guess would be that Dash > Attack will perform each character's hook shot attack? I will definitely do some tests on this.

Edit: Just did some quick tests. Lana (Book), Sheik (Harp) and Impa (Giant blade) can't do this, sadly. Neither of them do their hook shot or C2 after a dash, which is surprising for Impa as she does her C2 after the hook shot and it is a launcher like Link's. But there may be other characters that have this property.

Fandangox

Which one is that?

One of the reward maps you get from completing the illustrations (20 specific skulltulas) Its the one with Link, Zelda, Lana, Impa, Midna, Fi, and Agitha.

zulux21

so... i really wish that damage rank was based off never getting to X number of hearts left (for example can never go below 10 hearts to get an A rank, below 5 for a b rank, below 1 heart for a C rank)

the current system makes getting hearts feel so utterly pointless.... as whether you have 5 hearts to start with or 500 you still can't lose many and still A rank, thus I have no motivation to A rank the missions that just give heart pieces ><;

Sagitario

Once again, thanks for the answers! I'm just missing one piece to complete that illustration :D

Yes, use rupees to level up. It'll get really expensive though.
And yeah, Warriors-controls are the standard that most people use. It's basically the same thing though. There's no reason to use the Zelda-controls.
The reason for some of us: comfort.
For me, it's way easier to reach B for regular attack and Y for strong attack. And using A for evading and X for Special makes sense (because of accessibility). I know it's a matter of preference :p

So something strange happened to me and I hope its not a bug.

In the adventure stage where you get Fi's level 2 weapon I have a quarter of heart yet to find.
So I do the stage with my overpowered Fi and begin getting every enemy base to find it.

I get all enemy bases and i dont remember the chest appearing. So I go back to each base before ending the stage looking through to see if I left a chest unopen or somethind. No chest to be found.

Well maybe I go it and I didnt even think about it, so I beat the commander, and ended the satge with an A rank.

Look at the map and there it is, the map says I still have to find a quarter of heart piece.
WTF?

Im pretty sure it was me who got all the enemy bases and not one of the other captains, and I dont even know if that would result in the chest not appearing.

Somebody please, help me here.

EDIT: Solved. Probably a bug.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
so... i really wish that damage rank was based off never getting to X number of hearts left (for example can never go below 10 hearts to get an A rank, below 5 for a b rank, below 1 heart for a C rank)

the current system makes getting hearts feel so utterly pointless.... as whether you have 5 hearts to start with or 500 you still can't lose many and still A rank, thus I have no motivation to A rank the missions that just give heart pieces ><;

Yea the rank requirements for A grade is by far my least favorite aspect of this entire game. Heart containers may as well be pointless beyond the required '10' or '4' in some cases. Even building KO's up to 1200 in many cases gets far too tedious and rarely feels like an accomplishment mixed with the other constraints.

Just really has put a damper on my enjoyment of tackling this mode overall.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

In the adventure stage where you get Fi's level 2 weapon I have a quarter of heart yet to find.
So I do the stage with my overpowered Fi and begin getting every enemy base to find it.

I get all enemy bases and i dont remember the chest appearing. So I go back to each base before ending the stage looking through to see if I left a chest unopen or somethind. No chest to be found.

Well maybe I go it and I didnt even think about it, so I beat the commander, and ended the satge with an A rank.

Look at the map and there it is, the map says I still have to find a quarter of heart piece.
WTF?

Im pretty sure it was me who got all the enemy bases and not one of the other captains, and I dont even know if that would result in the chest not appearing.

Very likely there is a boulder to bomb with the chest underneath. Not all heart pieces come from conquering keeps.

Fandangox

It would be waaaaaay too easy if damage requirement worked like that, I get the point of Heart Containers being otherwise useless, but I assume they are thwre for hero mode.

I havent tried Hero mode yet, but if damage received is anything like Chaos in SW and WO then those would be needed.

Very likely there is a boulder to bomb with the chest underneath. Not all heart pieces come from conquering keeps.

Nope, thats not how adventure mode works, they all come from chests.

And I just got it by switching off the game and playing it again.
Or the the game was bugged and I indeed got the keep but it didnt trigger or seems that if one of the cpatains gets the keep for you the chests doesnt appear (strange becuase im pretty sure Ive had other time where keeps were taken by other captains and the chest appeared).

El Odio

Banned
One of the reward maps you get from completing the illustrations (20 specific skulltulas) Its the one with Link, Zelda, Lana, Impa, Midna, Fi, and Agitha.
When ever the phrase "Adventure mode map(s)" comes up, also in terms of DLC, does that mean just one extra square/mission or more?
Nope, thats not how adventure mode works, they all come from chests.
The pieces of heart located elsewhere are still in the red chests. Don't know if it was in a mission with Fi but I recall having to climb up the ledge in the TP Hyrule field map to get one before.

WTF?

EDIT: Solved. Probably a bug.

This happened to me once, i think in another map, or maybe this one. If your allies take the keep that has the piece in it, it won't register the chest to appear. You have to be the one that takes the keep.

I noticed that allies took that certain keep while i was off doing officer control. Make sure you take that one keep asap before the keep gets taken by your allies.

EDIT: Seems you found your answer while i was typing

Fandangox

And I just got it by switching off the game and playing it again.
Or the the game was bugged and I indeed got the keep but it didnt trigger or seems that if one of the cpatains gets the keep for you the chests doesnt appear (strange becuase im pretty sure Ive had other time where keeps were taken by other captains and the chest appeared).

If your allies get a keep, you will see a notification (not recorded on the battle log) that says "Chest sighted" It happens if you get them too.

Fandangox

When ever the phrase "Adventure mode map(s)" comes up, also in terms of DLC, does that mean just one extra square/mission or more?

The pieces of heart located elsewhere are still in the red chests. Don't know if it was in a mission with Fi but I recall having to climb up the ledge in the TP Hyrule field map to get one before.

Well there's the 128 squares in the regular adventure mode, 5 extra squares that you get for finding Skulltulas and tomorrow's DLC adventure map has apprently another set of 128 squares. Not sure on that though.

Kouriozan

Well there's the 128 squares in the regular adventure mode, 5 extra squares that you get for finding Skulltulas and tomorrow's DLC adventure map has apprently another set of 128 squares. Not sure on that though.
It's the same as the normal big one, supposedly harder, that's why the first pack is called Master Quest.
The next 2 packs should give a big new adventure map.

NeonZ

The first DLC Adventure mode map is a full one, as big as the original, although it reuses the geography of the original Zelda (but that makes sense with the "Master Quest/Ura Zelda" title), but with some different item usage and different actual stages/challenges.

zulux21

It would be waaaaaay too easy if damage requirement worked like that, I get the point of Heart Containers being otherwise useless, but I assume they are thwre for hero mode.

I havent tried Hero mode yet, but if damage received is anything like Chaos in SW and WO then those would be needed.

Hero mode was somewhat painful at level 35 (you lose like 3-4 hearts per hit)... but at least the first stage was easily doable with taking minimal damage.

and while it could be a bit to easy that way, at least grinding for all of the hearts would make things easier. Some of the characters really suck at avoiding damage >.>;

CBTech

Ugh, getting the lol 2 summoning gate is so dang hard. So many enemies swarm your base that you don't have time to go out and complete your objectives not to mention trying to get the heart piece and skulltula.

To the person who said yesterday (IIRC) that the golden bag in the rewards thing gave you always gold or at least silver, I have to say that I just got a bronce bag from a level 65 link.

WOW! Full RNG on the bag rewards, way to go Omega Force!

If your allies get a keep, you will see a notification (not recorded on the battle log) that says "Chest sighted" It happens if you get them too.

So it definately was a bug.

Ugh, getting the lol 2 summoning gate is so dang hard. So many enemies swarm your base that you don't have time to go out and complete your objectives not to mention trying to get the heart piece and skulltula.

Heh, I found there were so many enemies in Summoning Gate 2 that the framerate went down the toilet. That said, once I learned to harness the obscene power of Argorok and X spam I found it pretty easy :3

I want the DLC noooowwwwwwwwww @.@

Meeps

So I was trying to get the hard skulltulas of legend mode.
Went to do the 3rd level one. You need to take half the life bar of Gohma (and impa be stil alive) before the second skulltula appears.

The problem is... I 1 hit kill gohma before i can take half of his life bar.

Am i fucked? Repeating it again with a less powerfull weapon could be the solution, the problem is, all my magic rods are already powerful.

I saw you've already gotten replies, but I worked around this by waiting for the broken weakpoint ring to disappear while doing chip damage from a distance. It takes a while, but it does eventually disappear and reset the weakpoint meter.

Richie

Is there a certain amount of Materials that you get to keep in Adventure Mode? Because sometimes I'll pick up every single material bag I can find, and once I finish the mission, only very few will register. What's up with that?

boxter432

Is there a certain amount of Materials that you get to keep in Adventure Mode? Because sometimes I'll pick up every single material bag I can find, and once I finish the mission, only very few will register. What's up with that?

yep: 99 (and you don't have to pick up any bags, they are auto collected).

I noticed that as well, right when I found out about auto-collecting, I thought it didn't work on bronze materials, but that was just b/c I had 99 rags/whatever the most common couple were.

Richie

yep: 99 (and you don't have to pick up any bags, they are auto collected).

I noticed that as well, right when I found out about auto-collecting, I thought it didn't work on bronze materials, but that was just b/c I had 99 rags/whatever the most common couple were.

Would this also apply to materials of more value, though? Like, in those levels where you get to fight several of the playable characters (Agitha, Midna, Lana, etc), I'll try and defeat them all, and pick up their bags...but sometimes (most of the time, really) only a few or one will register. I wish there was the option to sell materials.

StAidan

Man, I've got so much left to do in Adventure Mode. I just unlocked Ghirahim and Ruto today and still have the other 2 characters and tons of weapons to go. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's DLC as much as everyone else is, though.

I never would have expected it a month ago, but now I'm pretty sure Hyrule Warriors is my GOTY.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I just has the best glitch ever happen. I was doing zant's spin and a cutscene triggered. After it was over... infinite spin. I literally just mowed down his defeat 600 stage xD

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So I just has the best glitch ever happen. I was doing zant's spin and a cutscene triggered. After it was over... infinite spin. I literally just mowed down his defeat 600 stage xD

alSdjja.jpg

tRPwBfS.png

That's no glitch. Zant would be a master of 'Rotation' ! !

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wonder I can replicate it and then use it with the weapon swap glitch... Easy stage clears xD though the characters that can swap don't need any help

Kinsei

Banned
I finally did it. I got an a rank on the boss rush. I had to grind up to level 98, but I did it. If you get hit twice you're not getting an A rank.

El Odio

Banned
Is there some sort of way to increase the likely hood of getting gold material drops? I've been using weapons with a material+ boost but it doesn't actually seem to help. Almost anytime I have to fight Midna or Cia I almost always get their gold drop but everyone else has been silver so far.

bobohoro

I wonder I can replicate it and then use it with the weapon swap glitch... Easy stage clears xD though the characters that can swap don't need any help

Nope, can't be replicated with certainty. Tried it a few times myself and more often than not, it won't work.

Kouriozan

Currently getting a bit more skulltulas just before the DLC, sitting at 74 at the moment.
Then it'll be all hearts pieces and A rank, and with the new map, I'm faaaaaaaaar from done haha.
Just checked my playtime and I'm at 68 hours.

Currently getting a bit more skulltulas just before the DLC, sitting at 74 at the moment.
Then it'll be all hearts pieces and A rank, and with the new map, I'm faaaaaaaaar from done haha.
Just checked my playtime and I'm at 68 hours.

Got the three down rows from adventure mode in gold with all completed.
Im going now row for row to complete the skulltulas as heart pieces that im missing.

Im going to wait for this afternoon for the patch to go live. After nearly 200 hours im sick of the commander cutscenes that break your attacks and even can harm you.

Hope after eating the patch is already live.

Kouriozan

Yeah, I need the option to disable cutscene too.
Everytime I'm going to the boss keep, I immediatly lock him/her on, then there is the cutscene, I skip it and the camera isn't locked anymore and you have to press it twice more.

Edit : update is here, gogogo!

Top Bottom