• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Yeah, I meant beating it with Agitha :p

C5? What exactly do you press to get it? Is there a list of combos, that explains them in detail? I'm never really sure how many button presses are required for each combo, I'm just finding a way to do them and then repeat that. Sometimes it's dependant on timing as well for example Sheik - I simply button-mash Y until she does the forward motion and jumps into the air, then I press X immediately to get that special attack going right after landing. I have no idea how many X presses are required to get it. :/
C5 is YYYYX
I always use the animation of characters to know which attack to use. In this case is after a small tornado attack she hits the floor with her umbrella, thats when you need to use X.

C5? What exactly do you press to get it? Is there a list of combos, that explains them in detail? I'm never really sure how many button presses are required for each combo, I'm just finding a way to do them and then repeat that. Sometimes it's dependant on timing as well for example Sheik - I simply button-mash Y until she does the forward motion and jumps into the air, then I press X immediately to get that special attack going right after landing. I have no idea how many X presses are required to get it. :/

Of course there is a list of combo; every Warriors game has it. Again: everyone who plays the game should really take a look at the pause menu. You'll find much information there, including a list of combos. Also again: C5 is YYYY-X. There are many ways to learn when to end a combo, and sure, looking at the characters animations work well.

Oh BTW, speaking of characters animations to do certain attacks.

The lag in the Ruto stage against Cia in Adventure mode in the temple of the master sword (I think is to get a heart with Ruto, and Zelda has 2 hearts in chests, and 2 skulltulas can be find).
Holy moly of fuck if the game didnt lag as hell. The first 5 minutes of that stage is you trying to fight against the lag, which makes the level more challenging than it is.
It doesnt help that the game already starts with Sheik attacking your boss commander and another group compose by Fi attacking your home base 3 bases apart.

I didnt have a serious problem of lag until I got to that level.

Zelda's baton BBY is the real deal.

8ws3ZXa.jpg

And I'm only missing the last stage on hard mode, it gets chaotic when
Ganondorf
joins the battle.

Time to level up Darunia. :(

Oh and Ruto fucking sucks, I hater her stages in Adventure Mode.

8ws3ZXa.jpg

Ganondorf
joins the battle.

In always find funny people that say Zelda with the baton or Agitha are good and Ruto sucks.
I think Ruto is one of the best characters and totally destroys everything and Zelda and Agitha are low tier as hell.
Different strokes for different folks it seems.

Most of the lags happens when Argarok is on the battlefield. Rest of the time, rare and barely noticeable frame drops.

I dont mind frame drops, the problem is, this stage is a constant 10-15fps lag.

NeonZ

Yeah, I meant beating it with Agitha :p
You don't need to A rank it with Agitha though, just beat it. Anyway, the easiest way is to get Bomb + skill and buy the bomb badges for her.

I actually like Agitha. She can quickly beat large groups of officers in those later levels with the hurricane + butterfly attack in spite of being much lower level than my Link. However, she really is bad for that 1000 kills stage since her combos take so long and the enemies are spread out.

Only the last Lana level 3 weapon and I will have all the weapons in the game until the dlc.

Also 2 more stages to clear the whole map, with the majority already in gold.

Mesoian

8ws3ZXa.jpg

Ganondorf
joins the battle.

Once you figure out how to use her standard X attack after her water meter is filled up, you realize how godlike she is. Getting 200 kills by standing in the same spot, so good.

"Figure out how to use"? You just aim and press x, no? Is there more to it?

I think the nuance that might not be immediately apparent that makes it handy is its absurd range. Once you realise you can basically hit anything you can see and start using it as a snipe/artillery strike rather than trying to use it at closer and more dangerous ranges it becomes a lot more useful/safe :p

Once you figure out how to use her standard X attack after her water meter is filled up, you realize how godlike she is. Getting 200 kills by standing in the same spot, so good.

The problem is that I wish she weren't standing in the same spot.

That move leaves you so open to boss attacks during her "Kill X enemies in Y time" adventure stages. The one on Lake Hylia took me a good ten tries to A-rank.

I just hate when I use Ruto's strong attack and forward whatever reason she faces the wrong way and then you have to slowly turn her over or try to cancel it with B, which also takes way too long.

I never had a problem in the kill X with Ruto (or any other mission for that matter). Just make her face always the grunts and bosses intead of running away and let them in your back like with the other characters.
Like you go, do the tidal wave combo, make everything face you, and then run back until you are like 10 meters from them. Use the special. Boom there goes the 100 group of grunts and the boss is to far to take you damage.

I just hate when I use Ruto's strong attack and forward whatever reason she faces the wrong way and then you have to slowly turn her over or try to cancel it with B, which also takes way too long.

I only had that problem the first times i used Ruto. It was really bothersome. Then after using it as a sniper weapon instead of near by, it never happened again.

I love running up to the entrance of a keep, shooting waves in all three directions, and then running in to take out the Keep Boss. Seizin' keeps in 10 seconds; so good.

PKrockin

It would be cool if you could swipe over a map on the gamepad to order your forces to strike an outpost or fortify a position. Can you do something like that later? It help me feel like the commander of the army.

It would be cool if you could swipe over a map on the gamepad to order your forces to strike an outpost or fortify a position. Can you do something like that later? It help me feel like the commander of the army.

You aren't the commander of the army though. It would be fun to be; they should make a game mode like that.

Nia

So I got three Gold Skulltulas in Legend Mode on hard, and almost completely filled in this picture. I expected it would be finished at the Valley of Seers, but it started on another picture instead. So I am left annoyed by this missing piece.

Finally encountered my first network Link yesterday. Meeps, you should be getting a little gift. :)

Also unlocked
Ruto
and
Ghirahim
. The adventure mode map is a bit daunting at first but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

So I got three Gold Skulltulas in Legend Mode on hard, and almost completely filled in this picture. I expected it would be finished at the Valley of Seers, but it started on another picture instead. So I am left annoyed by this missing piece.

Yeah, I think I have 3 different pictures going with none of them actually completed yet.

Mesoian

I think the nuance that might not be immediately apparent that makes it handy is its absurd range. Once you realise you can basically hit anything you can see and start using it as a snipe/artillery strike rather than trying to use it at closer and more dangerous ranges it becomes a lot more useful/safe :p

Indeed. The ability to clear entire keeps from outside with a full water bar is super good. And her "kill 700 enemies" missions were made super easy when you can clear out entire groups from what feels like a football field away.

upandaway

I'm having tons of fun when I'm strong enough (or better, heh heh) but it's really frustrating when I'm not. I just did the second Twilight level in Legend mode on Hard, with a level 37 Midna (level 1 weapon) and people just didn't die. Clearing boss weakpoint gauge made him lose less than 1/4ths of his HP, not cool.

That's after I spent a ton of rupees getting Midna to that level and it's the highest level I have, too.

Anyone knows good EXP grinding spots?

Get all the skulltulas on normal and the first two on hard to get it. All of them are in Legend mode.

Wait, I'm not? lol

Are you serious? You can see your commander by pausing the game. Usually it's the person who's standing in your base, I believe. If you win the battle it'll also say that their forces won. They are also the ones who tell you what your objective is and where they're sending their units; they decide where raid captains go etcetera. You don't. You're just a soldier.

Albeit a soldier who's way, way, way, way, way stronger than anyone else in your army, heh.

Kouriozan

For the first picture it's every skulltula in Legend mode + the first two 2nd skulltula in hard in those first two Legend stages.
Edit : too late :x

PKrockin

Are you serious? You can see your commander by pausing the game. Usually it's the person who's standing in your base, I believe. If you win the battle it'll also say that their forces won. They are also the ones who tell you what your objective is and where they're sending their units; they decide where raid captains go etcetera. You don't. You're just a soldier.

Albeit a soldier who's way, way, way, way, way stronger than anyone else in your army, heh.
I only see a half-dozen Hyrulean Captains or something spread around my forces. I never noticed anything like a general. Like I said, it's hard for me to pay attention to the actual dialogue mid-battle since I have to read it. If the commander showed up in the dialogue I must have mistaken him for a captain or something.

Still, Lana says she's the one leading the troops in mission 3 and at the point where the paths split the intro text says for example "Impa led a small force of soldiers..." You can see why I'd think that.

I only see a half-dozen Hyrulean Captains or something spread around my forces. I never noticed anything like a general. Like I said, it's hard for me to pay attention to the actual dialogue mid-battle since I have to read it. If the commander showed up in the dialogue I must have mistaken him for a captain or something.

Still, Lana says she's the one leading the troops in mission 3 and at the point where the paths split the intro text says for example "Impa led a small force of soldiers..." You can see why I'd think that.

Well he or she isn't called "commander". He or she is called by their own name. Also if you miss dialogue you can read it all in the pause menu's battle log.

Do we get the option to turn off in-battle cutscene with the DLC patch?

I think so. Hopefully.

CBTech

How do you guys deal with the kill 700+ in 10 minutes stages. Anything below that I can do fine but I really struggle on anything 700+. Enemy clumps are too small and spread out and the giant bosses (especially gohma) make taking <4000 damage really hard.

zulux21

Kingdom Under Fire: Hyrule.

Fund it.

I would imagine if anything they would steal the gameplay from kessen as that is already a koei series :p

How do you guys deal with the kill 700+ in 10 minutes stages. Anything below that I can do fine but I really struggle on anything 700+. Enemy clumps are too small and spread out and the giant bosses (especially gohma) make taking <4000 damage really hard.

I keep the bosses distracted, my wife wracks up the kills.

Ha, I unlocked that illustration just yesterday.

It was a bit hard to fight Lana and Impa at the same time, but I managed to beat the stage.

Level up is the only option. :p

Here is a quick Adventure Mode guide though: http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-warriors/Adventure_Mode

Mesoian

Avoid the bosses at all costs, let them nip at your heels while you're taking out mobs just out of reach. Eventually you'll have 2 or 3 bosses on the field basically tripping over themselves in order to follow you, getting in each others way, and essentially taking themselves out of the equation.

I once had a Gohma get stuck in a wall and it was the first time I really wish that the WiiU had the PS4 and XBone's replay capture feature.

TunaLover

I really can't stand playing co-op mode, there is a notable drop in resolution and framerate. Even playing solo I have noticed enemies pop up, I generally don't mind pop-up when it's gradual, even pop up in the background, I would prefer less and more thoughter enemies in order to reduce this, but oh well, getting so much fun with the game.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So I figured why not get a list of IDs going (unless there is one that just isn't in the OP or I missed it.)

thus I created a google spreadsheet and I should have it just turned so anyone with this link can edit it...

link will be hidden in email tags so that lurkers can't mess with the list.

for the record feel free to move me down the list... my name feels wrong at the top it should be at the bottom :p

Cool, added myself to the list and sent friend requests to everyone there.

CBTech

Do we know yet if the upcoming dlc contains the OoT and TP costumes that were preorder bonuses? And what about the SS costumes? Also Ganondorf really needs a Demise costume.

Man I've played a ton of this game and I'm still excited when I think about it. Work needs to end faster. Haha.

boxter432

Of course there is a list of combo; every Warriors game has it. Again: everyone who plays the game should really take a look at the pause menu. You'll find much information there, including a list of combos. Also again: C5 is YYYY-X. There are many ways to learn when to end a combo, and sure, looking at the characters animations work well.

I think he means a list of what each combo is, not just the combo screen in the menu that says what buttons they have (as in hit the button once or 3x).

so more like:
Link's Sword
C1 = upward spinning strike, can continue combo by hitting attack twice, and strong attack to slam the ground
C2 = stepback spinning attack
etc...

I would love to see one as well, I feel like sometimes the combos come out the same even when I hit different buttons (namely Lana's deku slingshot happens too often for me, and wondering if it is a part of 2 combos or if I am just timing it wrong)

Nice pic. I love how great the game looks.
I'm actually quite impressed by how it looks judging by the screenshots posted here. After seeing all the
bad quality
videos on youtube I wasn't expecting that at all!

I will definitely get this but there's still Bayo, Pikmin 3, Smash and WW HD on my list...

Kouriozan

First DLC in less than 48 hours, really can't wait to play as Cia with her white costume.
Then I can do laughs battle with Link's water weapon :lol

Do we know yet if the upcoming dlc contains the OoT and TP costumes that were preorder bonuses? And what about the SS costumes? Also Ganondorf really needs a Demise costume.

OP states that the costumes will be hitting the eshop at some point but I honestly don't know... Nintendo hasn't really indicated too much on the matter as far as I can tell. And there is a Twilight Princess DLC code auction on ebay that got to 100 bucks right now... >_<

all weapons, all heart containers, all skultulas , and all S rank (A rank) in adventure mode completed 100% right here!

Just under 70 hours. now all i have left is hard mode skultulas which seem like nothing compared to completing everything in adventure mode.

If anyone needs advice, i can help out right here!

CBTech

all weapons, all heart containers, all skultulas , and all S rank (A rank) in adventure mode completed 100% right here!

Just under 70 hours. now all i have left is hard mode skultulas which seem like nothing compared to completing everything in adventure mode.

If anyone needs advice, i can help out right here!

Nice. I haven't decided if I want to get the hard mode skulltulas and heart containers in legend mode after I get everyone's level 2 weapons or after I complete adventure mode.

TheMoon

OP states that the costumes will be hitting the eshop at some point but I honestly don't know... Nintendo hasn't really indicated too much on the matter as far as I can tell. And there is a Twilight Princess DLC code auction on ebay that got to 100 bucks right now... >_<

poor idiots. seriously, I have no sympathy for people who don't do any research about what they're buying lol

Yeah, nothing more has been mentioned from Nintendo.

Also holy shit at 100 bucks. Is it actually being sold for that much? Bloody hell, I stole a bunch of codes from Nintendo and gave them all away. Had I known this I would have taken twice as many and sold the rest to idiots with too big wallets.

Top Bottom