• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

zulux21

Yeah, nothing more has been mentioned from Nintendo.

Also holy shit at 100 bucks. Is it actually being sold for that much? Bloody hell, I stole a bunch of codes from Nintendo and gave them all away. Had I known this I would have taken twice as many and sold the rest to idiots with too big wallets.

TP dlc is generally going for around $40. only on ebay though. I haven't seen them reach anywhere near that price on other places, as I have been trying to get rid of my skyward sword dlc (typically going for 30 or so) for much less and still can't get bites.

zulux21

why would anybody pay that much money for costume dlc that will almost assuredly be $5 or less when it hits the eshop

as plenty of people can't wait, and it's the only way to get it right now? (seriously the next time a big AAA title has a broken street date of a week, go check out how much they go for. They tend to be going for $300+ for a game that will be available everywhere for $60 in less than 7 days.)
For some having it right now is a must and thus they will pay a lot and not care.
for others $40 is merely going to a lower scale place for a single meal and thus is a trivial amount of money.

As it stands there is no time frame for when the dlc will hit the eshop. It could easily be after the season pass is done thus not until march 2015. If you really want to play through the game with the costumes you would likely look for a way to get them regardless of prices as it's quite likely by march 2015 most people will be putting this game away for good.

Personally even $5 for all of the costumes is to much, but that is because I am in general the type who won't waste money on purely cosmetic items (I say most of the time, because if I invest a lot of time with a free to play game I will) Plus 99% of the time I forget characters have other costumes in the game as it is lol.

Dizzy-4U

I've only gotten weapons that I have level 3 for. That being said, I haven't run into level 3 Shackles or Gauntlets yet, even though I have them. I haven't "cleared out" the Links that have appeared on my map. Maybe they need to refresh? At any rate, I'm not sure what the answer to that is. Though since I've only been seeing Level 3 weapons offered, I'm not certain that they offer anything less Do you have other level 3 weapons unlocked?

I helped out somebody's Link, and was massively underleveled. With Fi, no less. I won, but it took half an hour. Got a 420 True Goddess Sword out of it though! Yippee!
That actually makes sense. It would explain why I didn't get any links when I first started Adventure Mode. I get like 7 links now with 3/4 of the map unlocked.

zulux21

I've only gotten weapons that I have level 3 for. That being said, I haven't run into level 3 Shackles or Gauntlets yet, even though I have them. I haven't "cleared out" the Links that have appeared on my map. Maybe they need to refresh? At any rate, I'm not sure what the answer to that is. Though since I've only been seeing Level 3 weapons offered, I'm not certain that they offer anything less Do you have other level 3 weapons unlocked?

I helped out somebody's Link, and was massively underleveled. With Fi, no less. I won, but it took half an hour. Got a 420 True Goddess Sword out of it though! Yippee!

level 2 weapons get offered. As I have no level 3 weapons unlocked yet.
I also got offered something that looked like a bag of money from a level 99 but there wasn't any way I could finish that one.

Kouriozan

all weapons, all heart containers, all skultulas , and all S rank (A rank) in adventure mode completed 100% right here!

Just under 70 hours. now all i have left is hard mode skultulas which seem like nothing compared to completing everything in adventure mode.

If anyone needs advice, i can help out right here!
Very nice, I'm in the 70 hours too and I'm missing about 35 skulltulas and tons of heart pieces.

NeonZ

OP states that the costumes will be hitting the eshop at some point but I honestly don't know... Nintendo hasn't really indicated too much on the matter as far as I can tell. And there is a Twilight Princess DLC code auction on ebay that got to 100 bucks right now... >_<

I guess we'll only hear something official from them again after the Ganon club Nintendo promotion ends, so, only after the end of this month.

bobohoro

Haha holy shit at that top left challenge map. Beating 1000 enemies in 10 minutes with 4 imprisoned on the field? So stupid. Got an A with Link, but did not manage to even beat the map with Agitha. Will need to farm her a nice weapon and get her leveled up a bit more.

Some new stuff on Ghirahim: If you use C1 to target an enemy, some of his charge attacks actually change and do more damage. His C2 for example introduces a big shadow sword stab in mid-air.

all weapons, all heart containers, all skultulas , and all S rank (A rank) in adventure mode completed 100% right here!

Just under 70 hours. now all i have left is hard mode skultulas which seem like nothing compared to completing everything in adventure mode.

Holy shit wow, im like doubling that and still not done. Did you not repeat a lot of stages trying to get A ranks?

Kinsei

Banned
The level 3 summoning gate mission was the toughest weapon mission to A rank so far. It took me over 5 tries! On the bright side, I now only have 3 more weapons left to get (Hammer, Book, and Rapier).

Nia

I found out I missed an easy Skulltula on one of the later stages. Whoops. I completed the illustration and the reward after, and what I got for it made me very happy. I love the
Zora Tunic.

Sagitario

Besides the "KO 1000 enemies" skulltula, you can't make the second one appear in Free mode?
I played "Eldin Caves - The Sheikah Tribesman" on hard, Free mode, as Impa, using a Giant Blade and fulfilling the other requirements. The first spider appeared after 1000 kills, but the second one didn't (Sheik was alive, Wizzro was defeated and Bombchus weren't destroyed).
I did the stage again [hard, Free mode]. No second skulltula. I decided to try in Legend mode doing exactly the same actions and the second spider appeared by the end of the level.

Holyshit the upper left side of the adventure map is totally bullshit with its levels.
Try using the worse characters to beat this stages (thankfully the bombchu trick in the zelda one worked like charm).
Got some serious porblems in the agitha ones but could power thorugh them at the end (14:54 minutes thank god).

What trick?

Dreavus

You're just in time for the DLC!

For some reason I thought the new map was part of the free DLC, but I was mistaken. Might throw down for all 4 packs sooner than I thought.

I am scared to view my playtime.

Keikaku

I got this game last week along with dropping a pre-order on Bayonetta 2. My Wii U collection is now up to 12 games (14 once Bayo 1+2 come in) and I just got this console in July. That's way more than I was expecting when I bought it. Just like the 3DS, I really think the Wii U offers a lot more than it shows at first glance.

Looking forward to diving in sometime at the end of the week :)

So I figured why not get a list of IDs going (unless there is one that just isn't in the OP or I missed it.)

thus I created a google spreadsheet and I should have it just turned so anyone with this link can edit it...

link will be hidden in email tags so that lurkers can't mess with the list.

for the record feel free to move me down the list... my name feels wrong at the top it should be at the bottom :p

Great idea! Thanks for setting this up :)

Holy shit wow, im like doubling that and still not done. Did you not repeat a lot of stages trying to get A ranks?

Thanks to lots of advice from miiverse, and some of my own style and adaptation, i was able to get most of them done in 2-3 tries. miiverse helped out a lot.

Adding some of my style for example:

the agitha 1000 enemies in 10 mins for heart container, i followed miiverse advice of using C1 butterfly riding and slamming down for KO's to keep yourself safe

I added obtaining the x1000 skill of bomb + on my weapon with the badge to increase its duration, to obtain the bomb upgrade every few hundred kills to make the mission a breeze. took 2 tries.

then proceed to A rank it with Midna with C3 spam. Pretty painless!

Holy shit adventure mode has credits, and they are really cool.
It even feels better thats the last obscured stage I had to beat yet. Need to beat it in less than 20 minutes though, probably with the 5 power wooden sword or the magic rod.

I actually am a big fan of the the Hyrulean Solider Link Skin.
Same here

What trick?

You need to let the second bombchu destroy the base, even if you have time to take it out. Destroy only the first and 3rd bombchus, then go where the 2nd one exploded and get it fast becuase its bar is only in the middle.

Thanks to lots of advice from miiverse, and some of my own style and adaptation, i was able to get most of them done in 2-3 tries. miiverse helped out a lot.

Adding some of my style for example:

the agitha 1000 enemies in 10 mins for heart container, i followed miiverse advice of using C1 butterfly riding and slamming down for KO's to keep yourself safe

I added obtaining the x1000 skill of bomb + on my weapon with the badge to increase its duration, to obtain the bomb upgrade every few hundred kills to make the mission a breeze. took 2 tries.

then proceed to A rank it with Midna with C3 spam. Pretty painless!

Interesting, thats one of the only stages I havent tried yet. Dont have the bomb skill though.

Tiu Neo

So I figured why not get a list of IDs going (unless there is one that just isn't in the OP or I missed it.)

thus I created a google spreadsheet and I should have it just turned so anyone with this link can edit it...

link will be hidden in email tags so that lurkers can't mess with the list.

for the record feel free to move me down the list... my name feels wrong at the top it should be at the bottom :p

Added myself to the list, will add everyone as soon as I turn my wii u on. :D

Kinsei

Banned
Has anyone figured out how to consistently do the infinite rupees glitch? I know it has something to do with the first reward map, but I haven't been able to trigger it.

989... 989!!!!
FUCK YOU AGITHA! FUCK YOU IMPRESSIONEDS! FUCK YOU GAME WHEN IN THE LAST MINUTES THERE ARE NO MORE GROUPS TO DO EASY KILL COUNTS!!!
She is level 86 for fucks sake.

Even devs knew aghita sucked major donkey balls.

The tips only help me to get near 900, I dont have anything to do the bomb thing with her, and fuck the game if it thinks im going to do a hundred random battles until a shitty 1000 abilty of bombs appear as loot.

Ok, so this is only possible with 2 players? Its a pity becuase the game looks like ass when done that.
Still very cool find.
I had Zelda use Lana's Summoning Gate. She hums her own theme instead of Lana's.&#65279;
WHAT THE?! I NEED TO DO THIS.

You're just in time for the DLC!

For some reason I thought the new map was part of the free DLC, but I was mistaken. Might throw down for all 4 packs sooner than I thought.

I am scared to view my playtime.

Yah perfect timing! This game is like crack, each row on the adventure mode map was a line, and now i want more!

Only downside to this game is that its taking away a majority of the time i want playing smash lol.

Phil S.

Banned
989... 989!!!!
FUCK YOU AGITHA! FUCK YOU IMPRESSIONEDS! FUCK YOU GAME WHEN IN THE LAST MINUTES THERE ARE NO MORE GROUPS TO DO EASY KILL COUNTS!!!
She is level 86 for fucks sake..

My brother and I did one "defeat ___ enemies in __ minutes" deals with three Gohmas in the Sealed Ground map. Anyway, we beat it with ONE second to go. We thought we failed until we saw the victory sign. Phew!

We previously failed it with only 10 kills to go, so we feel you!

My brother and I did one "defeat ___ enemies in __ minutes" deals with three Gohmas in the Sealed Ground map. Anyway, we beat it with ONE second to go. We thought we failed until we saw the victory sign. Phew!

We previously failed it with only 10 kills to go, so we feel you!

That ones really easy compared to this one.
The devs even say to you you only need bronce to get the reward, and that means only beating it.
They put agitha and 1000 and impressioned just to say, hey, fuck you player.

I hate when the impressioned fuck up the camera.

Neo Dark

Wow.. Insane how much the dlc is being sold for. For those that were in a country I kind of understand. But for those that could pre-order for the code... They could have pre-ordered all three sets and returned two of them for a fraction of the money they're putting out now

That ones really easy compared to this one.
The devs even say to you you only need bronce to get the reward, and that means only beating it.
They put agitha and 1000 and impressioned just to say, hey, fuck you player.

I hate when the impressioned fuck up the camera.

Yah i was very fortunate to get the bomb+ skill.

I could suggest, running into those empty keeps. They usually do drop some kind of item upgrade drop in those in the pots. Bomb is ideal, but bow is ok too. Bow will take out groups faster than butterfly spam, so it will shave off couple more secs to make it. Hookshot would probably not be useful, but i never tried.

YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! 10 seconds on the clock. Finally beat the damn thing.
FUCK YOU WORST STAGE EVER!
The imprissioned is the worst boss created in the zelda series for ever. Thats my conclusion after Skyward Sword and this stage of hell.

Yah i was very fortunate to get the bomb+ skill.

I could suggest, running into those empty keeps. They usually do drop some kind of item upgrade drop in those in the pots. Bomb is ideal, but bow is ok too. Bow will take out groups faster than butterfly spam, so it will shave off couple more secs to make it. Hookshot would probably not be useful, but i never tried.

Yes, seems the bomb is the most useful one. I got lucky in the last one and saw a bomb in the middle of the field (I dont even know how it got there) and could get 50 ko easily.
What I dont like is that the character seems to throw the bomb in the direction of the imprissioneds, even if they are not near or locked on.
But thank god I finally did it.

Prax

989... 989!!!!
She is level 86 for fucks sake.

Even devs knew aghita sucked major donkey balls.

The tips only help me to get near 900, I dont have anything to do the bomb thing with her, and fuck the game if it thinks im going to do a hundred random battles until a shitty 1000 abilty of bombs appear as loot.

Ok, so this is only possible with 2 players? Its a pity becuase the game looks like ass when done that.
Still very cool find.

WHAT THE?! I NEED TO DO THIS.

Haven't tried out the glitch yet, but can't you just press + on the 2nd player again and unjoin? That way you can play 1P with it.

Coketruck

I know I'm late to the party with this, but I just unlocked Ganon... Holy crap, laying waste to fools with him is freaking awesome! I'm clearing keeps in three or four seconds. It's nuts.

Kinsei

Banned
I finished Adventure mode!

zlCfzSjAxs8EnAbd3g

I still haven't A ranked the boss rush yet. I have a strategy, but my level 55 Sheik with a five star triforce harp isn't strong enough to do it in 15 minutes. I hope I can get her high enough before the DLC comes out.

Dizzy-4U

Still very cool find.
Well damn, I just tried it. YOU CAN!!!!!!! Press + and it goes back to 1 player.

So basically, I just got Lana level 3 weapon using the Master Sword.

Edit: It seems that you need to have the second weapon unlocked for that character to work though. So, you can't do it with all characters using this method apparently.

Fandangox

zlCfzSjAxs8EnAbd3g

I still haven't A ranked the boss rush yet. I have a strategy, but my level 55 Sheik with a five star triforce harp isn't strong enough to do it in 15 minutes. I hope I can get her high enough before the DLC comes out.

Nice!

All I have left is the heart piecea now, got all weapons and skulltulas.

Richie

zlCfzSjAxs8EnAbd3g

Congrats! Awesome little ending screen there. Better than Zelda 1's :p

I just got off my lazy ass and registered the game in Club Nintendo, but the Ganondorf DLC code hasn't appeared in my To-Do list. Already logged off and in, and nothing. Did it take some time for you guys?

Congrats! Awesome little ending screen there. Better than Zelda 1's :p

I just got off my lazy ass and registered the game in Club Nintendo, but the Ganondorf DLC code hasn't appeared in my To-Do list. Already logged off and in, and nothing. Did it take some time for you guys?

Has the offer already expired?

So guys, how do you unlock the 25000 ko abilities of weapons that are NOT the master sword? Ive already got all the weapons so the master sword KO number is in red, but for the other weapons with similar locked skills its still purple.

Haven't found anything on the interent that would help me. I have a bunch of weapons with 25000 ko skills, so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.

Starting to learn how to play with Ruto. At first I was the worst with her, but when you play her right it feels so good.

Join the ruto OP cult my friend.
Midna is also best character.

Top Bottom