• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

CBTech

Heh, I found there were so many enemies in Summoning Gate 2 that the framerate went down the toilet. That said, once I learned to harness the obscene power of Argorok and X spam I found it pretty easy :3

I want the DLC noooowwwwwwwwww @.@

You are right. Argorak is OP. Finally managed to pull it off. I tried this level in coop and the frame rate was easily below 20 about all of the time and enemies that should be there weren't showing up. Made taking keeps really slow.

I want to check out the dlc, but I want to at least get all of the lvl3 weapons first. Maybe even beat all of the adventure mode levels.

Kill 800 enemies in 7 minutes with Ghirahim. T____T
Just pray for a bomb item to fall of one of the groups. Ive seen that this stages like to do that.

Also if your Ghirahim is overpowered kill the first two commanders (Ghirahim and Fi), its really easy and fast, use the X power to mark them and in 4 hits they are usually out, but you can let the others live. That way non will have time to turn red so if a laser of gohma hits you it eill only take 1 hearts instead of 4.

Use yellow bars attacks a lot when you find large groups (helps to have 3 bars) and the other groups just use the ceiling barrier he creates.

Its not easy, but if you cant just level more Ghirahim.

RiggyRob

Just pray for a bomb item to fall of one of the groups. Ive seen that this stages like to do that.

Also if your Ghirahim is overpowered kill the first two commanders (Ghirahim and Fi), its really easy and fast, use the X power to mark them and in 4 hits they are usually out, but you can let the others live. That way non will have time to turn red so if a laser of gohma hits you it eill only take 1 hearts instead of 4.

Use yellow bars attacks a lot when you find large groups (helps to have 3 bars) and the other groups just use the ceiling barrier he creates.

Its not easy, but if you cant just level more Ghirahim.

Yeah, what does this do exactly?

Kouriozan

I'm in version 1.2.1, what's the latest?

Just did the 3rd extra scenario stage, wow it's so hard.
Midna traps you while Zant try to run away, and you lose if he manage to.
Then after tons of dialogues (while Zant is still going to escape), Aghita appear and you have to defeat her to open the gates and break free, just after that you lose because Zant managed to run.
Edit : lost again, argh!
Will try something else.

Kouriozan

Alright, I'll try that battle again from the beginning, it's really hard.
Managed to catch up Zant but then Wizzro and the ally base die so quick, wow.

Didn't think I'd enjoy a dynasty warriors type game this much, purchased this a couple of days after I got a Wii u in the weekend. I wish there was local Co op but it is what it is.

TheMoon

Didn't think I'd enjoy a dynasty warriors type game this much, purchased this a couple of days after I got a Wii u in the weekend. I wish there was local Co op but it is what it is.

So you really didn't see the "P2 press + to join" in all the menus? (or read anything about this game lol) :D

TheMoon

Nope. Lol. And I kinda went in blind when I got this. I'm glad I did since everything feels fresh. Thank you.

There's even the controller select menu in the normal settings. You didn't even check those? :D

Man, I'd jump off a cliff before I start a game without going through every bit in the options/settings menu lol.

Kouriozan

When I said they went crazy with the monsters count, I wasn't joking.

wiiu_screenshot_gameps5r90.jpg

There's even the controller select menu in the normal settings. You didn't even check those? :D

Man, I'd jump off a cliff before I start a game without going through every bit in the options/settings menu lol.
Man I feel dumb. I only check to make sure subtitles are on and go on my way. I didn't have a pro controller till two days ago so I didn't bother to check the control options. I guess my buddy and I are going through this later.

Kouriozan

OMG that first Master Quest adventure map.
Keep your magic gauge full, kill Dodongo, use focus spirit, profit!
Should be easy for that 500 KO while in focus spirit medal.

Nohar

Volga is so powerful, it is borderline silly. His regular attacks are devastating.
Cya is fun to play, and is a well-rounded character.
Wizzro focuses more on AoE attacks. The thing is that the balls that he shoots explode, and you are able to juggle with the enemies quite easily.

Overall, I'm really happy with those 3 new characters.
I was able to kill 1800 mobs with Volga on the first Master Quest mission. In 5 minutes. Yup, they did go crazy with the monster count.

CBTech

I don't feel like I use Focus Spirit effectively at all. Can you only increase your magic meter through pots? Enemies don't seem to drop them.

Volga is so powerful, it is borderline silly. His regular attacks are devastating.
Cya is fun to play, and is a well-rounded character.
Wizzro focuses more on AoE attacks. The thing is that the balls that he shoots explode, and you are able to juggle with the enemies quite easily.

Overall, I'm really happy with those 3 new characters.
I was able to kill 1800 mobs with Volga on the first Master Quest mission. In 5 minutes. Yup, they did go crazy with the monster count.

Thank god, at least he is also powerful when you control him. Its ridiculous stupid in the high level adventure stages when you have to kill him and he is accompained by Wizzro, and even worse in the adventure stage of killing wizzro but not him with shitty Darunia.
You are like, "Holy shit, would you just leave your stupid stick alone if only for 3 seconds so I can attack wizzro's weakpont, jesus christ"

I don't feel like I use Focus Spirit effectively at all. Can you only increase your magic meter through pots? Enemies don't seem to drop them.

Every 25, 50, 75, 100 and 130 KO the magic meter feels a quarter during the use of the spirit focus. After that you cant get more refills, what makes me wonder how the fuck can you get the 500Ko achivement with spirit focus. My max is 360 or something like that.

Finally

Mid-Battle Cinematics

45J1b8r.jpg

It feels amazing doesnt it?

Bah, I have no time to play. Not even sure if I'll have time in the weekend. Hopefully next week though, want to try out the new characters. Also are the scenarios that hard? Don't they have a difficulty selection like regular story mode?

Also I want Epona :3

Yeah, focus spirit is rare in this game. I only get to use it a few times per battle; often only one as I always save it for when there's an enormous amount of enemies. For every 25 KO during focus spirit you regain some magic, so you can keep going forever if there are many enemies around you.

EDIT:

Every 25, 50, 75, 100 and 130 KO the magic meter feels a quarter during the use of the spirit focus. After that you cant get more refills, what makes me wonder how the fuck can you get the 500Ko achivement with spirit focus. My max is 360 or something like that.

Oh that's right, after 130 you don't get any more refills, huh?

Top Bottom