• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Fandangox

so it's not just a senseless fight. I think I'm going to enjoy this game more than I expected

Legends mode is not that hard, Adventure mode is where most of the challenge is, I recommend alternating between the two modes, as you cannot advance in Adventure mode at certain points until you advance enough in the story mode (Legends Mode).

Of course you can also just play the entire story first if you chose to do that.

Neo Dark

so it's not just a senseless fight. I think I'm going to enjoy this game more than I expected

You can make it a senseless fight. You'll just probably end up losing eventually though lol

Hmm, there is a tree to burn here but using the candle gets you a failed animation, whut?

wiiu_screenshot_gameprfplj.jpg

Is the glitch on the master quest map?

I wish they added a happy ending for Cia cause I kind of liked her OH WELL I guess I'll wait for the Hyrule Warriors doujins to do that for me

Neo Dark

How do you play the new dlc? Is it accessible later on or after you beat the game?
It should be accessible right off the bat

I wish they added a happy ending for Cia cause I kind of liked her OH WELL I guess I'll wait for the Hyrule Warriors doujins to do that for me
You and me both... at least the first part. No doujins for me though

Yes.
Maybe it's some weird stuff like need to use the bracelet :lol
Could be. Try all items until something possibly works lol

Golnei

But I know, but in a game that is filler with almost a dozen really great designs, hers just comes off like, "LOOK AT MY BOOBS!"

Though when you realize that the plot of the game is a woman unraveling the fabric of spacetime because of thirst, I guess it's fitting.

In my fanfiction, Cia is just tossing outfits out of her closet onto her bed 80's fashion montage style until she finds the thing that all the boys are supposed to like, an old halloween costume half eaten by moths.

The best thing about it is that they somehow found a way to make it look even worse in the DLC - a fluorescent green paintjob on the tackiest design in the game makes for a truly awful sight.

Though fun movesets aside, everything about Lana and Cia make up the worst aspects of the game. I just wanted to enjoy the Zelda fanservice without being hit over the head with an asinine love triangle plot and the ugly connotations of having Cia's two halves be a pure, self-sacrificing pale maiden whose entire characterisation can be summarised by the phrase "moé noises"; and an evil, disposable brown slut who exists to be humiliated, ogled and killed off. I don't really expect a Zelda musou to be a shining light of social progress, but something just a tiny bit less lazy and pandering would have been nice.

Lol, Still clrearing 100% the normal adventure map and have not touched the DLC yet. Cant wait to finish around tonight and begin with it.
There something fun in overpowering with high level characters low level stages just to get a second skulltula.
It's like:
wwC0WNj.gif

That's how you get the 500 KOs while in Focus Spirit in the very first stage of the Master Quest map.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gjrh7.jpg

My god
We need tips, TIPS!!!!

Holy shit and the amount of enemies on that map.
You used link, but my highest count is with characters like midna and ruto (300 something), isnt he hard to do 500?

Kouriozan

Just encountered my first brutal stage in Master Quest, Dark Link, Dark Fi and Dark Ghirahim hurt so much (-4 hearts per attack), and it's just 2 cases left of the starting position.
I'm scared of what might be coming in the harder stages.
My god
We need tips, TIPS!!!!

Holy shit and the amount of enemies on that map.
You used link, but my highest count is with characters like midna and ruto (300 something), isnt he hard to do 500?
Well, there is simply tons of ennemies and most of them drop magic pot, so let some of those on the field, use Focus Spirit and get the pot when it almost runs out.
Oh and I was using the Master Sword, still haven't got the 25k KOs for the skill, only 1700 left now.

Edit : welp, 2 maps without ennemies, the first harp is far to the right.
Looks like it'll be hard to advance too.

Edit 2 : welp again, 3rd map without ennemies, only one way to go now.

taizuke

Okay so i downloaded and installed the update as well as purchased the season pass. Now, how do i access Master Quest?

Kinsei

Banned
I'm really enjoying the new characters, especially Wizzro. He's a ton of fun to play as.

Are the new Legend mode scenarios meant to be what really happened or just what if scenarios? The first and fourth levels seem like they could have happened, but the rest contradict the main storyline.

Yes.
Maybe it's some weird stuff like need to use the bracelet :lol

Use the recorder. Just like in the second quest in the original LoZ.

taizuke

Come on, I'm not asking you to read through many pages, but you could at least read the post above you before making a new reply.

But, i did quit the game and restarted and nothing. Where is it selectable in the menu?

Edit - Solved. Guess it just didn't want to update the first time i tried it.

Neo Dark

Okay so i downloaded and installed the update as well as purchased the season pass. Now, how do i access Master Quest?

I haven't looked at that yet since I had a class I had to get to but make sure the DLC did download and install correctly by checking if you have
Cia/
Lana's
Guardian of Time
outfit unlocked.

Edit: Nevermind. I see you got it working a minute before I posted.

Come on, I'm not asking you to read through many pages, but you could at least read the post above you before making a new reply.
Did you read my post?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134614822&postcount=4823

I was about to say the DLC is making me fall in love for Hyrule Warriors all over again, but then I realized that after 80 hours of playtime I was still in love with Hyrule Warriors. The DLC only makes me love it even more.

Playing as Cia is so cool. You can obliterate the Dodongo's weakness bar spamming her C4 (the one that summons Dark Links) and dodge-cancelling to use C4 a second time. So...much... fun!

Edit: in which stage can I find some shield-moblin helmets? I need them for a few badges.

Kinsei

Banned
I was about to say the DLC is making me fall in love for Hyrule Warriors all over again, but then I realized that after 80 hours of playtime I was still in love with Hyrule Warriors. The DLC only makes me love it even more.

Playing as Cia is so cool. You can obliterate the Dodongo's weakness bar spamming her C4 (the one that summons Dark Links) and dodge-cancelling to use C4 a second time. So...much... fun!

I prefer her C3. It wrecks the weakness gauge on everything.

Dizzy-4U

New adventure maps are great and all but are they planning on adding new stages in the future? I'd gladly sacrifice an adventure map for 1 or 2 new stages.

Kinsei

Banned
Great thanks! I had already pre ordered it and pay for it, do I just turn on the game and that's it?

Yep! You might have to restart your Wii U a few times though. It seems like it will install either the DLC or the update first, and then you need to restart for the one it didn't do.

Neo Dark

Great thanks! I had already pre ordered it and pay for it, do I just turn on the game and that's it?
Go to Wii U menu. If you do quick start, I don't think it installs the updates. Also go into download management and make sure they were downloaded. You'll know if you have the downloads installed because it will say you're on version 1.3 and list the new stuff you got from DLC

Yes yes, she's very wonderful.
Not that part. Was talking about the top part where I was wondering why I was quoted. And also the part on how the only costume from this DLC was the Guardian of Time (since you wrote a lot of costumes came with this update on this OP)

Kinsei

Banned
Go to Wii U menu. If you do quick start, I don't think it installs the updates. Also go into download management and make sure they were downloaded. You'll know if you have the downloads installed because it will say you're on version 1.3 and list the new stuff you got from DLC

Not that part. Was talking about the top part where I was wondering why I was quoted. And also the part on how the only costume from this DLC was the Guardian of Time (since you wrote a lot of costumes came with this update on this OP)

The costumes are unlocked through the adventure map like the new 8 bit weapons.

Neo Dark

The costumes are unlocked through the adventure map like the new 8 bit weapons.

Oh ok. Never mind then to that part. My bad.

Edit:
Need someone to verify that. Haven't had time to play yet but the Japanese gamers reported that you can unlock many costumes in the new adventure map. We have screenshots of them too. A purple Link if I recall, and some Majora's Mask-esque costumes and a Lorule costume for Zelda.

Yeah I remember seeing those. I just didn't know it was part of the new adventure map.

Need someone to verify that. Haven't had time to play yet but the Japanese gamers reported that you can unlock many costumes in the new adventure map. We have screenshots of them too. A purple Link if I recall, and some Majora's Mask-esque costumes and a Lorule costume for Zelda.

Kouriozan

You get them in the Master Quest map.
First one for Link is purple tunic.
Edit : too late.

Kinsei

Banned
They incorporated the weapon swap glitch into the new adventure map. There's a mission where you fight Zelda who's using Link's 8 bit sword.

I'm guessing if we ever get HW2 that it will become a feature instead of a glitch.

Kouriozan

They incorporated the weapon swap glitch into the new adventure map. There's a mission where you fight Zelda who's using Link's 8 bit sword.

I'm guessing if we ever get HW2 that it will become a feature instead of a glitch.
Zelda's 8bit sword is white while Link is brown.
It's her star rank rapier weapon so it's normal :)

NZerker12

I believe I remember hearing that you can unlock 8-bit weapons for other characters in dlc. I think it is her rapier.

Just encountered my first brutal stage in Master Quest, Dark Link, Dark Fi and Dark Ghirahim hurt so much (-4 hearts per attack), and it's just 2 cases left of the starting position.
I'm scared of what might be coming in the harder stages.
Well, there is simply tons of ennemies and most of them drop magic pot, so let some of those on the field, use Focus Spirit and get the pot when it almost runs out.
Oh and I was using the Master Sword, still haven't got the 25k KOs for the skill, only 1700 left now.

Edit : welp, 2 maps without ennemies, the first harp is far to the right.
Looks like it'll be hard to advance too.

Edit 2 : welp again, 3rd map without ennemies, only one way to go now.

That what I will do then. Thanks for the tips.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I've avoided every single season pass ever because they always seemed like a rip-off, but with this game and its awesome content I caved. Not regretting a single thing yet. I was a bit worried that an entire additional Adventure Mode map that looks the same might feel like padding. So far it doesn't because of the new missions with new characters, but time will tell. And it's not like the background texture is relevant in Adventure Mode, so I guess it's fine they're reusing it.

jimi_dini

Anyone know how to get the 2nd Skulltula in Land Of Myth (Death Mountain)

I definitely
destroyed Darunia 2 times, defeated way more than 1500 enemies, but no skulltula
. I have tried 3 times now :/

It's the last one that I'm missing. Afterwards I will have completed all 5 pictures.

EDIT: got it, no idea what was different this time.

Fandangox

Wait really!? I joked before that I hoped they would tackle this the same way Midway tackled Johny Cage's MK1 fatality, and apparently, they did!

Top Bottom