• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Neo Dark

Is the update live in the US yet?

Kind of. The dlc itself is... And the Wii U even downloaded it but for some reason the update itself isn't at least not for me lol

Edit: well it's supposed to be live. Can't even use network link for adventure mode anymore but so far it hasn't found the update

Kind of. The dlc itself is... And the Wii U even downloaded it but for some reason the update itself isn't at least not for me lol

Edit: well it's supposed to be live. Can't even use network link for adventure mode anymore but so far it hasn't found the update

turn your wii u on and off thats what i had to do

bobohoro

Holy shit, Volga slays. Fireworks everywhere.

iewTSWZpls6XV.gif

Kouriozan

Volga is awesome, indeed.
But I'm in love with Cia's Y -> 6x X, it's like her own Link's spin move.
Her special attack has an huge range too.

Kinsei

Banned
Update faster game!

What legendary skill?

Edit: Boo you can't toggle her hat on her guardian of time outfit. Good thing I think it's cute

The 25k skill that can show up on any weapon other than the master sword. It raises that weapons power up to 450.

Sadist

So wait, let me get this straight; you get Cia, Volga and Wizzro for free after the update?

Well I'll be. But... their lvl 2 and lvl 3 weapons? Those are included in the DLC I suppose...

Neo Dark

Heh spamming Cia's normal attack is fun. Love how those discs spin around then form a tornado

Edit: she doesn't have a complete level animation?

NeonZ

Well I'll be. But... their lvl 2 and lvl 3 weapons? Those are included in the DLC I suppose...

Well, the legendary skill could be used to make lvl 1 weapons have lvl 3 power, so they should be perfectly playable even with lvl 1 weapons, although it'd take a lot of grinding.

Mesoian

sexy evil sorceress trope

But I know, but in a game that is filler with almost a dozen really great designs, hers just comes off like, "LOOK AT MY BOOBS!"

Though when you realize that the plot of the game is a woman unraveling the fabric of spacetime because of thirst, I guess it's fitting.

In my fanfiction, Cia is just tossing outfits out of her closet onto her bed 80's fashion montage style until she finds the thing that all the boys are supposed to like, an old halloween costume half eaten by moths.

NeonZ

Are all the preorder bonus costumes available yet or are those included in the upcoming DLC?

Those eventually will be avaliable in the store according to the initial press release, but nothing else has been said about them yet. I think we'll only see news in November, since Club Nintendo Ganondorf costumes promotion runs up to the end of October.

Fandangox

Got the update, played as Volga real quick to get a sense of how he plays, he is really fun.

Gonna have to head home in a bit, but I want to try to see if I can make a network Link appear before leaving.

mgc093

Neo Member
So I just bought HW, I wasn't sure but I decided to give it a try. So what can I expect? Is the any replay value? Is there any hard mode?

zulux21

So I just bought HW, I wasn't sure but I decided to give it a try. So what can I expect? Is the any replay value? Is there any hard mode?

you can expect to murder.... a lot.
you can expect to use special moves... a lot.
you can expect to use a combination of two buttons... a lot.
you can expect rock versions of a number of zelda songs
tons of nods to the series causing the game to not feel like something made with zelda in mind, but something lovingly crafted from hardcore zelda fans.
As for replay value it will depend if you want to do everything... if all you want to do is burn through the story you likely won't have much reason to go back to the story... now if you want to collect rewards and get more and more power then there is a ton of replay value, with people clocking in over 100s of hours already.

not only is there a hard mode, there is a really hard mode that you won't be able to complete until you gain way way WAY more power then you needed to beat the game on hard.

suggestion: read OP ;)

there is also that, as the OP is amazing and keeps updating. My condition of reading the OP once and never reading it again unless I need certain info I know was there makes me forget it often :p

zulux21

Just got an extra heart for Lana in Master Quest, does that mean she can't reach her max hearts amount normally?

not sure I don't have everyone's hearts, but it also wouldn't be surprising if they added some more hearts in the dlc maps just for more things to collect since in general after the first 10 hearts they are pretty much pointless and just there to collect anyways.

Expect a good game. You have 100 hours of value at least. There are multiple hard difficulties, the hardest of which you won't be able to complete. Also, why not just play the game instead of asking these questions if you already have the game?

there is also that, as the OP is amazing and keeps updating. My condition of reading the OP once and never reading it again unless I need certain info I know was there makes me forget it often :p

Awwww.

georly

Are all the preorder bonus costumes available yet or are those included in the upcoming DLC?

Yeah, i'd love to acquire those. Super lame. At this point, I hope they're free DLC because of the retailer split :/

I need to check my time played when I get home. I've almost unlocked every weapon in adventure mode.

Neo Dark

Am I crazy or does the guardian of time costume add some breast jiggle to Lana and Cia?

Edit: fucking phone loool
Probably to Lana since her outfit was more tight before. But for Cia, not really. You're crazy there. Should be looking at that hip action instead lol

It's the one with 5 blue sphere flying toward her and she summons 4 Dark Link to destroy them + stomp the last one, then orders 2 Link to attack the camera.

Oh yeah I remember that sequence from last month's trailer for her now. Kind of weird how it got skipped when I skipped the scenario's cutscene

mgc093

Neo Member
suggestion: read OP ;)
Faire enough haha

you can expect to murder.... a lot.
you can expect to use special moves... a lot.
you can expect to use a combination of two buttons... a lot.
you can expect rock versions of a number of zelda songs
tons of nods to the series causing the game to not feel like something made with zelda in mind, but something lovingly crafted from hardcore zelda fans.
As for replay value it will depend if you want to do everything... if all you want to do is burn through the story you likely won't have much reason to go back to the story... now if you want to collect rewards and get more and more power then there is a ton of replay value, with people clocking in over 100s of hours already.

not only is there a hard mode, there is a really hard mode that you won't be able to complete until you gain way way WAY more power then you needed to beat the game on hard.

Well that covers pretty much everything. Thanks
I was worried about the enemies because the look quite dull

NeonZ

Just got an extra heart for Lana in Master Quest, does that mean she can't reach her max hearts amount normally?

I've seen a video showing Link with a partial third row of hearts, so the Master Quest maps have extra hearts for the base characters, on top of the base game.

zulux21

Yeah, i'd love to acquire those. Super lame. At this point, I hope they're free DLC because of the retailer split :/

I need to check my time played when I get home. I've almost unlocked every weapon in adventure mode.

There is no way they will be free, given the pricing of DW8 dlc I would expect them to be around $1 per costume or like $5 for a pack of all of them.

Faire enough haha

Well that covers pretty much everything. Thanks
I was worried about the enemies because the look quite dull

when you see dull enemies you are looking at the peons. They don't do much but are there in huge numbers and cause a threat to your base, but not much threat to you. The more intelligent and harder to deal with enemies are the special enemies and commanders... both of which put up a good fight and if you don't pay attention can wrack up some damage on you. Most of your time will be spent quickly dealing with the peons and then playing with the harder more intelligent enemies. Some of which feel pretty close to fighting the enemy in a zelda game, just with you having access to much faster attacks and dodging (the lizards in particular feel really close to their original versions to me)

mgc093

Neo Member
There is no way they will be free, given the pricing of DW8 dlc I would expect them to be around $1 per costume or like $5 for a pack of all of them.

when you see dull enemies you are looking at the peons. They don't do much but are there in huge numbers and cause a threat to your base, but not much threat to you. The more intelligent and harder to deal with enemies are the special enemies and commanders... both of which put up a good fight and if you don't pay attention can wrack up some damage on you. Most of your time will be spent quickly dealing with the peons and then playing with the harder more intelligent enemies. Some of which feel pretty close to fighting the enemy in a zelda game, just with you having access to much faster attacks and dodging (the lizards in particular feel really close to their original versions to me)
so it's not just a senseless fight. I think I'm going to enjoy this game more than I expected

Top Bottom