• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

D-Pad

How do i access the dlc new adventure map?? Is epona unlocked there as well?? I downloaded it but can't find it. Thanks.

Do you have any of the other new dlc content? Make sure you let it install (have to exit the game). You should have an option to play it when you select Adventure mode... Unless there's something you have to unlock first (I wouldn't know as I had unlocked all of the original characters previous to my purchase).

Durden77

So I beat the Cia mission Darkness Falls, and it didn't seem like an ending but I don't see a new mission. Was that it? Also do the new characters have higher level weapons, and how do you get them? I'm guessing from Master Quest adventure?

TheMoon

That first Cia legendary mission is no joke. Played it on hard and you're definitely under-leveled at the mid-way point.

Yea, just did that. Only had enough rupees to get her to Lv 15. She did quite alright still but things took their time.

Here are some random shots:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ygyhy.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0175s47.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018pub1.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0118lah.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lqzpy.jpg

Just finished the Legends mode new maps. I kind of wish there was more of a resolution for the last one. I know it just ties back in to the map story, but I just wanted something other than that short conversation. A new cinematic? Some narration? Oh well.

Now onto Adventure Mode!!

I'll probably go back and forth between the old map which I still haven't beaten, and the new one.

Volga is hilariously fun.

That first Cia legendary mission is no joke. Played it on hard and you're definitely under-leveled at the mid-way point.

I expected it to be way easier, and was defeated on my first try. Tried again and cleared it. I'm trying not to use rupees to level-up the new characters until I complete the new Legend Mode, because I want it to be a good challenge.

Oh man, page 99! We'll need a new thread!

pixlexic

Banned
took me a while to take the plunge but I am glad I did. Not a fan of the dynasty warriors series but I am haveing a blast with this. I guess the theme has a lot to do with it.t

I expected it to be way easier, and was defeated on my first try. Tried again and cleared it. I'm trying not to use rupees to level-up the new characters until I complete the new Legend Mode, because I want it to be a good challenge.

Oh man, page 99! We'll need a new thread!

Yeah I got defeated twice. I've never used rupees to level up characters actually.

The first time I lost cause Wizrobe died while I was putting out a bombachu.
The second time I lost because the allied base fell while I was helping out wizzrobe.
The third I knew what to do so I won. The powered up Dino things were the ones that were trouble because it took forever to deplete their health -- same with the damn bombachus. She doesn't have any x attacks that move her forward so the bombachu would keep moving up when I'm attacking -- forcing to just rely on Y hits and the musou gauge.

I think I ended up being level 8 after winning.

fred

Just in case some of you were wondering playing Hyrule Warriors using the Bayonetta 2 control scheme does NOT work lmfao

Played the demo of Bayonetta 2 a couple of times then immediately went from that to Hyrule Warriors and my brain got a bit confused lololol

NeonZ

Thinking about it... they could include some weapon swaps as the collectibles in the next Adventure Map. It seems like an easy way to add cheap collectibles that still would be fairly relevant.

Kouriozan

Zelda using Sheik's harp

So yeah, you fight weapon swapped characters in the Master Quest adventure map.
I thought the character giving weapon needed to have more weapons than the one who will get it.
Or it's different for NPC, I'm kinda new about the whole weapons swapping stuff.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I posted this in the Nintendo PR thread but thought i'd post it here as well.

Hyrule Warriors has sold through over 190,000 units in 8 days in the USA. In Japan its sold through around 120,000 units in less than two months. This is the first time a Musou game has performed better overseas than in Japan (Apart from Troy musou)and that's down to the Zelda brand appealling more outside Japan.

We know for a fact the game has sold through at least 310,000 units worldwide but i'd go as far as to say Koei could have sold through over 450,000 units worldwide by now when factoring in all regions.

For those who want to compare Hyrule Warriors numbers in the USA:

Hyrule Warriors - 190,000 (8 days) WiiU
Dynasty Warriors 5 - 160,000 (4 months) PS2
Dynasty Warriors 6 - 220,000 (10 months) PS3/360
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 220,000 (9 months) PS3/360

LTD in the USA was over 250k for DW5 and over 300k for DW6/7.

Numbers taken from NPD and Koei.

Dynasty warriors game sales are never front loaded in the USA. The sales are always spread over the year. Hyrule Warriors looks front loaded.

Dynasty Warriors 5 sold over 1.5 million worldwide. Dynasty Warriors 6 and 7 sold over 1 million worldwide and Dynasty Warriors 8 has fallen short of 1 million.

This is usually thanks to high sales in Japan. Dynasty Warriors 5 sold 950,000 units, Dynasty Warriors 6 sold ~480,000 and Dynasty Warriors 7 sold 495,000. Hyrule Warriors has failed to take off in Japan only selling less than 120,000 so far. Even though EU and USA is picking up the slack it wont be enough to get to 1 million like Koei wanted.

Richie

I posted this in the Nintendo PR thread but thought i'd post it here as well.

Hyrule Warriors has sold through over 190,000 units in 8 days in the USA. In Japan its sold through around 120,000 units in less than two months. This is the first time a Musou game has performed better overseas than in Japan (Apart from Troy musou)and that's down to the Zelda brand appealling more outside Japan.

We know for a fact the game has sold through at least 310,000 units worldwide but i'd go as far as to say Koei could have sold through over 450,000 units worldwide by now when factoring in all regions.

For those who want to compare Hyrule Warriors numbers in the USA:

Hyrule Warriors - 190,000 (8 days) WiiU
Dynasty Warriors 5 - 160,000 (4 months) PS2
Dynasty Warriors 6 - 220,000 (10 months) PS3/360
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 220,000 (9 months) PS3/360

Numbers taken from NPD and Koei.

Dynasty warriors game sales are never front loaded in the USA. The sales are always spread over the year. Hyrule Warriors looks front loaded.

Dynasty Warriors 5 sold over 1.5 million worldwide. Dynasty Warriors 6 and 7 sold over 1 million worldwide and Dynasty Warriors 8 has fallen short of 1 million.

This is usually thanks to high sales in Japan. Dynasty Warriors 5 sold 950,000 units, Dynasty Warriors 6 sold ~480,000 and Dynasty Warriors 7 sold 495,000. Hyrule Warriors has failed to take off in Japan only selling less than 120,000 so far. Even though EU and USA is picking up the slack it wont be enough to get to 1 million like Koei wanted.

Thanks a lot for sharing, and props for taking the time to do this informative a post in the first place. The 190,000 are in the USA alone, would Canada and Latin America add much more numbers to that? Crossing fingers that positive word of mouth and the holidays will push this to the worldwide million it needs to meet Tecmo Koei's expectations.

Golnei

Should I buy this or Bayonetta 2?

It depends on your priorities, they're completely different genres, after all. Between the adventure mode and the DLCs, you can easily get hundreds of hours out of Hyrule Warriors; but Bayonetta would be a much more focused experience which, while still very replayable and rewarding to return to, might not lend itself as well to being picked up intermittently. If I had to choose one, I'd pick Bayonetta due to my biases towards the developer and genre, but both are worthwhile.

In theory it's not possible as the glitch has been said to only work on characters with multiple weapons :/

Though the NPC glitch must work with single weapon characters - how else could Ganondorf use the Parasol?

uhGid4h-640x360.jpg

Though the NPC glitch must work with single weapon characters - how else could Ganondorf use the Parasol?

uhGid4h-640x360.jpg
That... is all kinds of amazing XD
I assumed that technically it'd be possible, it's just the glitch players use only seems to replicate in the UI on multi-character weapons. That said, are we even sure the NPCs doing it is a glitch? :p

Just in case some of you were wondering playing Hyrule Warriors using the Bayonetta 2 control scheme does NOT work lmfao

Played the demo of Bayonetta 2 a couple of times then immediately went from that to Hyrule Warriors and my brain got a bit confused lololol

This same thing happened to me, my brain was like durr.

wowzors

So I bought the 19.99 pack and downloaded it (I think?) How can I tell that the doc is installed? I don't see anything leading me to believe that it is :(

Sayter

So I bought the 19.99 pack and downloaded it (I think?) How can I tell that the doc is installed? I don't see anything leading me to believe that it is :(

See if the Download Management app button is pulsing. Or click it to see if the DLC is downloading.

Neo Dark

Go to free mode, find Lana and see if she has her
Guardian of Time
costume. Or try going into adventure mode and see if Master Quest is listed

Bombless

Game got delivered yesterday afternoon. Opened it about 8 hours ago. I've been playing the game for 7 of those. This is going to hurt me.

Top Bottom