• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i have a drummania controller...without a foot pedal!

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
okay, so a friend of mine sold me his drummania controller, but something weird happened to the foot pedal. it might have fallen out of the box during shipment or lost in his house or what...but that's not what matters.

does someone know a work around for another pedal? could i just buy a cheap one from a music store? anyone know?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
if you can't find a replacement, you could just set the setting in Drummania to auto bass pedal IIRC.

explodet

Personally I can't play with the drum pedal - my rhythm just disappears - probably due to the years and years of DDR and dealing with only two limbs.

I know I should practice with it, but it just throws me off so much. Whenever the song gets slightly complicated, I just fall apart.

explodet said:
Personally I can't play with the drum pedal - my rhythm just disappears - probably due to the years and years of DDR and dealing with only two limbs.

I know I should practice with it, but it just throws me off so much. Whenever the song gets slightly complicated, I just fall apart.

Beatmania with sticks! It doesn't have to do with years of DDR, though, it just has to do with years of not being a drummer. It doesn't come naturally for anyone to separate rhythms and assign them to 3 (or more, in real drumming, as you're often using a pedal with your left foot also) independent limbs.

The pedal is what sets the game apart and makes it really similar to drumming. Otherwise it's just another falling note game with pads instead of keys. Work on the bass!

And Exxy.. don't fall slave to the auto-bass, man. You can do it!

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i don't want to use the auto-bass at all, but at the moment i don't have a pedal, and it doesn't seem like there's a suitable repalcement until i have a whole new drum kit...

drummania is pretty kick ass, though. especially with two guitars rocking it.

Nikashi

Banned
eXxy, is the connection for the pedal like a mini microphone jack? I got a Beatmania controller (3rd Party), and for some unknown reason it came with a pedal.

miyuru

Yeah, hopefully you get a bass pedal soon! Auto bass is for losers! :p It's much more satisfying when you're hitting the bass yourself, and yeah, totally sets the game apart from other rhythm games.

Drummania? Fuck my girlfriend and I played this in an arcade up at Whistler last week. Where can I buy this game and the drum pads? it fucking rocks.

I play with auto bass, mainly because the pad you get with the controller is horrible. It's like a small piece of dance mat (the simple unpadded type) and putting your foot down on it is very unnatural and makes your ankle hurt. I bought a reload pad for a gun game, but I haven't bothered to track down the cable I need to connect it to the drums.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I'm not sure what kind of pedal it is, but however you can adapt any old midi pedal or whatever to the DM slot, it'll work. I don't know the specifics since I don't have home GF/DM titles, but you're certainly not screwed w/o having the original one.

The pedal works in the external plug of the Beatmania IIDX slots; this was intended to be used for home versions of Beatmania III that never came to exist. Incidentally, using the foot pedal in IIDX doubles as a scratch, for some odd reason.

Top Bottom