• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. 22nm+28nm, Tri-Gate, and reading the OP. [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rur0ni

Some recent pick ups:

1x ($219.99) G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL $219.99
1 x ($159.99) ASUS P8Z77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $159.99
1 x ($99.95) Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Professional DJ Styled Headphone $99.95
2 x ($24.99) Rosewill RX-DU300 2.5" & 3.5" USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking $49.98
1 x ($-2.99) DISCOUNT FOR PREFERRED ACCOUNT$-2.99
1 x ($-43.00) DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE$-43.0

I had a P8P67-M PRO with 2500k, got the Z77 for the USB3, eventual Ivy Bridge upgrade, and it has a TPM header as well. When I get the Ivy Bridge chip later this year I'll upgrade my media center pc with the P8P67-M PRO, 2500k, and 16GB DDR3... the memory and board now sit collecting dust. At 32GB now in my main system (VMware work).

Also USB3 is the truth, got tired of slow USB transfers.

Some recent pick ups:

1x ($219.99) G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL $219.99
1 x ($159.99) ASUS P8Z77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $159.99
1 x ($99.95) Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Professional DJ Styled Headphone $99.95
2 x ($24.99) Rosewill RX-DU300 2.5" & 3.5" USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking $49.98
1 x ($-2.99) DISCOUNT FOR PREFERRED ACCOUNT$-2.99
1 x ($-43.00) DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE$-43.0

I had a P8P67-M PRO with 2500k, got the Z77 for the USB3, eventual Ivy Bridge upgrade, and it has a TPM header as well. When I get the Ivy Bridge chip later this year I'll upgrade my media center pc with the P8P67-M PRO, 2500k, and 16GB DDR3... the memory and board now sit collecting dust. At 32GB now in my main system (VMware work).

Also USB3 is the truth, got tired of slow USB transfers.

Does this mean that I can't make you jelly anymore?

TTG

Would someone up to speed on pc prices be so kind as to take a look at this guy:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...g=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=84*56671*78518*&topnav=

Is this a good deal? I would look for something in the i-5 range, but there seems to be a substantial downgrade(i5-2320, integrated graphics and slower ram) for the 600$ model. I'm not against building my own system, but at a glance that doesn't really look like a cheaper route.

Primary use(besides the obvious) will be a lot of work in Visual Studio and other compilers/development tools. Gaming is not a concern, but it would be a shame if I couldn't run current stuff at the lower settings. The most important part is that whatever I decide to buy, it will have to last for at least 5 years.

RedSwirl

Just a quick question: how much difference in game performance does the CPU alone really make?

For really high-end games like Crysis 2 or The Witcher, what difference would it actually make if I kept the same graphics card (an HD6850), but switched from a Q6600 system to an i5 or i7 system?

radjago

I picked up an OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W for my build and the 12V 6-pin and 8-pin CPU leads are too short to do proper cable management with a bottom-mounted power supply.

Can anyone recommend a place to order a good cheap set of extension cables for this?

MrBig

Would someone up to speed on pc prices be so kind as to take a look at this guy:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...g=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=84*56671*78518*&topnav=

Is this a good deal? I would look for something in the i-5 range, but there seems to be a substantial downgrade(i5-2320, integrated graphics and slower ram) for the 600$ model. I'm not against building my own system, but at a glance that doesn't really look like a cheaper route.

Primary use(besides the obvious) will be a lot of work in Visual Studio and other compilers/development tools. Gaming is not a concern, but it would be a shame if I couldn't run current stuff at the lower settings. The most important part is that whatever I decide to buy, it will have to last for at least 5 years.

Enhanced build in the op would be better and cheaper. The gpu in the Dell is junk. You especially want to have quality components in your machine when you want it to last that long, and Dell isn't exactly a source of quality parts.

Pandemic

Halp, should I purchase a custom built, $1500 PC, or save up some more moneh, till around $2000-$2500 and then purchase a new PC...?

CRS

459907_4129771922082_714914901_o.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm a little proud of myself. After not building anything in over 5 years, it turned out pretty well, especially with the cable management.

The only issue I have is the CPU fan. I can't place it on the other side because of the ram and it's right in front of the back fan.

The back fan is blowing air in while the CPU fan is blowing air out. It's a Cooler Master 212 EVO and I was wondering if it would be possible for the CPU fan to NOT be completely covering the heatsink and stick out a little bit.

Diomedes

Motherboard I've been waiting to go on sale has gone on sale, how much work am I in for upgrading MB? Built last year, but chose MB poorly, hoping to rectify it.

Would I need to backup/wipe/restore any drives?
Have an OEM copy of Win7, am I screwed and need to buy a new copy?
Is this a good idea?

krzy123

Not gonna lie, I'm a little proud of myself. After not building anything in over 5 years, it turned out pretty well, especially with the cable management.

The only issue I have is the CPU fan. I can't place it on the other side because of the ram and it's right in front of the back fan.

The back fan is blowing air in while the CPU fan is blowing air out. It's a Cooler Master 212 EVO and I was wondering if it would be possible for the CPU fan to NOT be completely covering the heatsink and stick out a little bit.

Isn't the back fan an exhaust fan? On the evo you can also remove the fan and remount brackets and have the fan exhaust as well in your current config.

On my evo the fan sticks up about an half inch to clear ram, I have lower profile g.skill snipers.

Radec

Hey gaf, I have a friend from the states who asked me to help him buy a gaming desktop. He don't know how to assemble the parts so it should be pre-built.

-Assembled
-$1000-$1300
-With OS
-Can play most games @ mid to high settings @ decent fps.
-Ships to within the US

Thanks.

CRS

Isn't the back fan an exhaust fan? On the evo you can also remove the fan and remount brackets and have the fan exhaust as well in your current config.

On my evo the fan sticks up about an half inch to clear ram, I have lower profile g.skill snipers.

The back is an exhaust. Have no idea what I was thinking there.

Would it be detrimental to the PC to leave the fan as is? I tried putting it on the other side with it sticking out about a half inch as well and it didn't seem right. So it would be okay?

Edgeward

Building a new PC and getting a new hdd as well. My question is, can I just stick my old drive as an extra drive without any need of formatting so I can move things over to my new main C drive?

mkenyon

Banned
Halp, should I purchase a custom built, $1500 PC, or save up some more moneh, till around $2000-$2500 and then purchase a new PC...?
That kind of price jump is usually dictated by a specific need. By that, I mean surround 120hz/large format displays, insane HDD arrays, or amazing render performance. Anything outside of that is plenty well served by a $1500 budget.
Building a new PC and getting a new hdd as well. My question is, can I just stick my old drive as an extra drive without any need of formatting so I can move things over to my new main C drive?
Yup.
Hey gaf, I have a friend from the states who asked me to help him buy a gaming desktop. He don't know how to assemble the parts so it should be pre-built.

-Assembled
-$1000-$1300
-With OS
-Can play most games @ mid to high settings @ decent fps.
-Ships to within the US

Thanks.
OP. If still unsure, use the OP while you are selecting the parts for the computer.
Motherboard I've been waiting to go on sale has gone on sale, how much work am I in for upgrading MB? Built last year, but chose MB poorly, hoping to rectify it.

Would I need to backup/wipe/restore any drives?
Have an OEM copy of Win7, am I screwed and need to buy a new copy?
Is this a good idea?
Always always always reformat between major hardware changes.

Nope.

I have no idea what your current situation is, so maybe?

What you aren't seeing is that pre-builts cut prices in all the wrong places. The OP builds give you a good foundation with the motherboard and PSU to do incremental upgrades. These dell/HP/whatever systems have horrible proprietary motherboards and PSUs I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

If by chance you are located in the Pac NW, I offer my services to GAFers for free. Tips in Whiskey are appreciated.

That being said, I'd crawl over the newegg, NCIX, and Tiger Direct deals if you're looking for a straight box computer that you can go home and plug in. If you want one of the middle ground type systems, where its all good non-proprietary parts but assembled by a company that gives you a warranty, there are some good links in the OP. Takes a bit more effort to get the price to where you want it to be, but well worth it in the end.

I'm going to do some google-fu on visual studio hardware usage to give you a better idea of where you want to put your money.

MrBig

You can get an SSD/HDD as your primary and keep the HDD as a secondary. Just disable booting from the HDD in the bios.

I took apart my external drive and put it in my case today with my SSD and it is by far the loudest thing in there when its seeking (when the 670 isn't blowing) :/

krzy123

The back is an exhaust. Have no idea what I was thinking there.

Would it be detrimental to the PC to leave the fan as is? I tried putting it on the other side with it sticking out about a half inch as well and it didn't seem right. So it would be okay?

Should be ok imo, my brother and I have been running it in the same config. The HAF cases have plenty of airflow, Here's a pic of mine (excuse the pre cable management mess =) ):

mkenyon

Banned
You can just pull off the RAM "heatsink". There's some latches you can clip, and then it just peels right off. It doesn't do anything, it's entirely aesthetic.

*edit*

Okay, back to TTG.

You want an i7 or even a 6/8 core AMD like the FX8150. Visual Basic is n-threaded, which means it can use however many threads your processor has. 2600K/3770K i7s have 8, 8150s have 8, 3930Ks have 12. Bulldozer (8150) does surprisingly well in n-threaded applications, and the 1090T/1100T (Phenom IIs) do as well, if you want to go the super budget route.

The computer you selected hits this, but man, you can get so much more. Just by getting a cheap cooler (Hyper 212+ as outlined in the OP) and a decent motherboard, you can get a 25-30% linear increase in CPU performance. That's not anything to scoff at when you're talking about lots of heavy CPU tasks.

GAF, will an H61 motherboard even boot up using an Ivy Bridge? Or do I need to slap a Sandy Bridge first to get it to boot so I can update the BIOS to support Ivy?

mkenyon

Banned
To continue from last page, after some more research, Visual Studio like lots of threads AND speed. A 2600/3770K clocked at 4 Ghz+ would destroy it.

KHarvey16

Pulled the trigger:

Intel Core i5-3570K
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H
EVGA GTX 570 SC
2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600
128GB Vertex4
OCZ 550W ZS PSU

Considered the Vertex4 for awhile...decided since it's going to be a boot drive with some games on it catastrophic failure is not that worrisome. It's also their first drive using Marvell silicon with their own firmware so it has a good chance of being an improvement reliability wise. Gonna use my current HDD for data.

Did it all on Newegg save for the RAM, which I picked up for $38 at Fry's!

scogoth

Pulled the trigger:

Intel Core i5-3570K
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H
EVGA GTX 570 SC
2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600
128GB Vertex4
OCZ 550W ZS PSU

Considered the Vertex4 for awhile...decided since it's going to be a boot drive with some games on it catastrophic failure is not that worrisome. It's also their first drive using Marvell silicon with their own firmware so it has a good chance of being an improvement reliability wise. Gonna use my current HDD for data.

Did it all on Newegg save for the RAM, which I picked up for $38 at Fry's!

its not using marvell silison, its using their own. They bought indilix and the vertex 4 is their first ssd with an in-house developed contoller.

mkenyon

Banned
So I was able to slide the fan all the way down and the fan is RIGHT NEXT to the RAM stick.

Should be okay, right?

Edit: picture

Should be fine. If all else fails, you can remove the RAM heatsink with some clippers and a bit of elbow grease.

Hawk269

Received my Case Labs Magnum TH10 case today...My God it's is HUGE! The care of packaging they did was simply amazing as well. The case looks incredbile and so many damn options. I love the removable Mother board tray that comes with it's own feet so if you wanted to run it like a test bed you could, then slide it back into the case. It is very modular and comes with some cool accessories to customize it.

I am currently adding my case fans to the case, mother board is installed and in a few minutes will start adding the Radiator's for he Water Cooling set up. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Hawk269

You did it, you crazy bastard. If you have a decent camera, a build log would be awesome.

lmao. Yeah, I did it. I took a few pictures already, took a pic of all the parts etc. Will take a few more as I am building it. Right now, finishing up the fans and fan filters and about to install the hdd's and SSd the to HDD cage.

Hawk269

I am officially posting on my new rig. It started first time I booted it up.

Congrats! It feels good to get a boot up on the first try. I am a little nervous as I am doing my first water-cooling rig, but I think it will turn out fine (crossing fingers).

Fou-Lu

Man bitfenix cases look so smooth. Part of me wants a big, flashy case to show off, the other part of me says to go for class, aka bitfenix.

mkenyon

Banned
Man bitfenix cases look so smooth. Part of me want a bigs, flashy case to show off, the other part of me says to go for class, aka bitfenix.
Your latter half is a smart man.

Bitfenix is really winning me over. It's like Lian Li but not stupid expensive, and with some standardized features like radiator support.

Shinobi XL, Ghost, and Prodigy are amazing cases. Outlaw is equally amazing for the price. Feels like you're building in a $100 case that you can find for as low as $37.

Sarcasm

How bad is not matching resolutions in a dual monitor setup? I have 24" LCD with 1920x1200. I caved in and bought a va LED 27" 1080 monitor.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
  • Your Current Specs: i5 3.2gh dual core / 8gb ram / Gigabyte H55 usb3 / Geforce GTX460 / 850Watt Corsair PSU
  • Budget: $500 to $1000
  • Main Use: Gaming(5), Emulation (PS2/Wii)(5), Video Editing(1), HD Streaming(5), 3D work(1), General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback)(5). Rate importance on a 1-5 scale. (5 Being highest)
  • Monitor Resolution: Buying a new monitor 1080p
  • List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: WOW, Diablo 3, Half Life when it comes out.
  • Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope this is a from scratch build.
  • When will you build?: Within a month or however long it takes for the parts to ship.
  • Will you be overclocking?: No.

Hey guys wondering if you can review the parts I've picked out and either point out incompatibilities or changes. The computer I'm using right now is my sisters and I built it about a year ago without any problems. Now I want to build one for myself.

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX650 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPSV12 v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC High ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139035

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231486

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185

Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

TTG

You can just pull off the RAM "heatsink". There's some latches you can clip, and then it just peels right off. It doesn't do anything, it's entirely aesthetic.

*edit*

Okay, back to TTG.

You want an i7 or even a 6/8 core AMD like the FX8150. Visual Basic is n-threaded, which means it can use however many threads your processor has. 2600K/3770K i7s have 8, 8150s have 8, 3930Ks have 12. Bulldozer (8150) does surprisingly well in n-threaded applications, and the 1090T/1100T (Phenom IIs) do as well, if you want to go the super budget route.

The computer you selected hits this, but man, you can get so much more. Just by getting a cheap cooler (Hyper 212+ as outlined in the OP) and a decent motherboard, you can get a 25-30% linear increase in CPU performance. That's not anything to scoff at when you're talking about lots of heavy CPU tasks.

Thanks for the detailed advice. I'll start by looking over the sites you mentioned and go from there. I'm not in any way against building my own pc, it's just a matter of budget and how buying a new OS factors in(believe it or not, I'm still running XP over here).

Unfortunately, I'm in SoCal, but thanks for the offer! I'm sure I'll be seeking your advice again if I decide on one of the OP's or tech report's builds.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
E3 being so awful and with my second 360 that's died I've decided to get back into PC gaming. The PC will be used in a comfy couch setting purely for games. I want it to run the best looking games at max settings comfortably for the next couple of years as well as be able to handle wii/PS2 emulation. I'm not interested in building it myself so I'd rather buy a pre-built unit from a reputable PC store. My budget is around the $2,000-2,500 AUD range. As it'll be plugged into my HDTV and surround set-up I don't need to budget for a monitor or speakers.

I've looked around and found a few set ups. What does GAF think?

http://www.jw.com.au/jw-i7-3770-gaming-tower-p-10474 (changed the SSD to 120gb, video card to 2 x 2GB AMD Radeon 7850)

Or

http://www.scorptec.com.au/system/166

Are either a good bet? Any other suggestions within Australia?

Cheers.

fugimax

So, I won a maxed-out Alienware Aurora at E3 ... Anything I need to know? Serious question, although I know it sounds like a stealth brag. Just curious about noise, dependability, quirks, etc.

Ceebs

So, I won a maxed-out Alienware Aurora at E3 ... Anything I need to know? Serious question, although I know it sounds like a stealth brag. Just curious about noise, dependability, quirks, etc.

I would like to know what the specs of the one you got are. Looking at their page a maxed out one would be leaning towards the batshit crazy side of things.

Your latter half is a smart man.

Bitfenix is really winning me over. It's like Lian Li but not stupid expensive, and with some standardized features like radiator support.

Shinobi XL, Ghost, and Prodigy are amazing cases. Outlaw is equally amazing for the price. Feels like you're building in a $100 case that you can find for as low as $37.

Where can you find a good bitfenix mid tower case for $37?

fugimax

I would like to know what the specs of the one you got are. Looking at their page a maxed out one would be leaning towards the batshit crazy side of things.
Ya, the contest just said it was an "Aurora Package", but when I asked the guy in charge of it, he said to go to the website and max everything. Also comes with a 24" ultrasharp, steelseries kb/mouse, headset, etc. They were advertising $6500 in prizes, and the other stuff couldn't have been worth more than $1000 (a few joysticks, headsets, etc). Alienware provided all the hardware for their booth which had at least 100 machines in it.

So ya, fingers crossed, as that machine's specs would be freaking ridiculous.

DeadCell

So I basically know nothing when it comes to pc gaming, that being said I want a decent gaming laptop and have been leaning towards an Alienware M17x R4... good idea or bad?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GAF, will an H61 motherboard even boot up using an Ivy Bridge? Or do I need to slap a Sandy Bridge first to get it to boot so I can update the BIOS to support Ivy?
Check mobo website and CPU Compatibility list. Some newer revisions might support Ivy out of box, but it depends on what BIOS you have.
I'd imagine most do not support IB out of the box.
  • Your Current Specs: i5 3.2gh dual core / 8gb ram / Gigabyte H55 usb3 / Geforce GTX460 / 850Watt Corsair PSU
  • Budget: $500 to $1000
  • Main Use: Gaming(5), Emulation (PS2/Wii)(5), Video Editing(1), HD Streaming(5), 3D work(1), General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback)(5). Rate importance on a 1-5 scale. (5 Being highest)
  • Monitor Resolution: Buying a new monitor 1080p
  • List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: WOW, Diablo 3, Half Life when it comes out.
  • Looking to reuse any parts?: Nope this is a from scratch build.
  • When will you build?: Within a month or however long it takes for the parts to ship.
  • Will you be overclocking?: No.

Hey guys wondering if you can review the parts I've picked out and either point out incompatibilities or changes. The computer I'm using right now is my sisters and I built it about a year ago without any problems. Now I want to build one for myself.

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX650 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPSV12 v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC High ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139035

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231486

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185

Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236117

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986
Graphics?
PSU is overkill, could spend $80 there, but the AX650 should last you a looooooong while. Good unit.
HD Streaming = Streaming from your computer. Both this and Emulation really favor overclocking. Very simple to do a light OC and you have all the parts needed. Getting an 3570K for that would be good as they run lower power and seem to do better on stock voltage.
Thanks for the detailed advice. I'll start by looking over the sites you mentioned and go from there. I'm not in any way against building my own pc, it's just a matter of budget and how buying a new OS factors in(believe it or not, I'm still running XP over here).

Unfortunately, I'm in SoCal, but thanks for the offer! I'm sure I'll be seeking your advice again if I decide on one of the OP's or tech report's builds.
I usually am ok with Tech Report builds, but mine are obviously better ;)
Post the specs / model / whatever.
E3 being so awful and with my second 360 that's died I've decided to get back into PC gaming. The PC will be used in a comfy couch setting purely for games. I want it to run the best looking games at max settings comfortably for the next couple of years as well as be able to handle wii/PS2 emulation. I'm not interested in building it myself so I'd rather buy a pre-built unit from a reputable PC store. My budget is around the $2,000-2,500 AUD range. As it'll be plugged into my HDTV and surround set-up I don't need to budget for a monitor or speakers.

I've looked around and found a few set ups. What does GAF think?

http://www.jw.com.au/jw-i7-3770-gaming-tower-p-10474 (changed the SSD to 120gb, video card to 2 x 2GB AMD Radeon 7850)

Or

http://www.scorptec.com.au/system/166

Are either a good bet? Any other suggestions within Australia?

Cheers.
Don't like either of those.
JW motherboard? No thanks. OCZ SSD's? Also pass.

Both come with default SLi 560's? Nope. The first one doesn't even have a single card option. At least the second one offers a 580 as an option even if that is outdated from the 670/7950.

I'd ask one of the AU overclocking websites for information on prebuilts over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom