• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Finished my Shinibi XL case build for the wife, since she wants to get into BF4 and play the Sims 3 all day, and my laptop is needed right now (I currently use a MSI GT70 17").

Pretty modest specs actually, I used my leftover GTX780 from my last build I was trying to Quad-SLI.

So:

Core i7 3770K (at stock, grabbed a sale at TD for $315!) with leftover Noctua cooler, using Shin Etsu paste.
GTX 780 3GB
16GB ARES GSkill RAM
256GB Corsair Force SSD
1TB WD Blue HDD
LG Blu-Ray Rewriter Black (I've still got two of these :p)
850watt SeaSonic X Series PSU (had three, now have one left :(
Shinobi XL White SoftTouch Case
12in Liquid Neon Cathode Light on top of window.
2x Orange/Orange & Orange/Green 80mm fans on top
1x Apevia 120mm multicolored fan on top
1x Logisys Jumbo Lazer LED - Amber (which I gerry-rigged inside the case to illuminate everything).

So she's happy, it's very pretty and lights up really nice like she wanted. And as a sidenote, I forgot his name here but thanks for the recommend on the Shinobi XL case, it's awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/xMHQMwc.png

I mixed some stuff of the OP. What do you guys think of this build?

Also, I'm thinking on getting an Asus Maximus VI Hero as motherboard and a single 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram so I can upgrade later to 16gb easily. I'm reaching the budget's limit, so I'll just be using an 160gb HDD I already have along with the SSD on my build.
Without a given budget it's hard to say. Put this together for you real quick:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£173.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.00 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£116.69 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£69.98 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (£191.60 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.90 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£38.39 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £753.54
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 15:03 BST+0100)

Added a heatsink for overclocking.

Changed the motherboard to the cheaper but really decent MSI G45.

2x8 GB is overkill if you're only gaming, so I went for 2x4GB Ripjaws. If you're doing RAM intensive media work, feel free to change that to 1x8GB and add another stick later.

There's some amazing deals on 670s in the UK right now, so I picked a good Gigabyte model. Massive performance increase from the 7870 for not much more.

The CX430M may be modular, but I'd not recommend the CX series. The Seasonic made XFX Core 450 costs the same and is higher quality. Hide the cables behind the motherboard tray and no one will ever know. (sshhhh)

If this is above budget, axe the R4 and get a cheaper case. (NZXT Source 210, Corsair 200r, Bitfenix Shinobi)

If you have some more money to spare, I'd absolutely recommend moving up to the Sandisk Ultra 256GB.

Reckoner

Thanks for the response, schandmann!

I changed the board and psu to the one you recommended, but for the gpu I just changed to the sapphire version of the 7870. My budget is kinda flexible, but I want to save on some stuff, and the 7870 seems to perform good and is 40 pounds cheaper. For the ram, I found out about these that clock at 2400mhz for a little price difference.
Also, I'm thinking if I should really spend more on an SSD. I mean, I would love to, but I just want it for the OS and some apps, and knowing that an SSD seems to not have a long lifespan (as it works in cycles), I guess that even a 64gbs one would be sufficient. The CPU cooler is really necessary? I don't intend to oc now, maybe in the future

Right now it is at 677.86£

kharma45

I changed the board and psu to the one you recommended, but for the gpu I just changed to the sapphire version of the 7870. My budget is kinda flexible, but I want to save on some stuff, and the 7870 seems to perform good and is 40 pounds cheaper. For the ram, I found out about these that clock at 2400mhz for a little price difference.
Also, I'm thinking if I should really spend more on an SSD. I mean, I would love to, but I just want it for the OS and some apps, and knowing that an SSD seems to not have a long lifespan (as it works in cycles), I guess that even a 64gbs one would be sufficient. The CPU cooler is really necessary? I don't intend to oc now, maybe in the future

That RAM is a waste of money, save a tenner and just get this stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004S3T5DI/

670 is also a better buy than a 7870, 4GB one on sale for £200 delivered atm with two free games, would be my choice http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-290-AS but it's up to yourself. What 7870 was it?

Don't get a 64GB SSD, it's much too limiting. 120GB is the bare minimum, and you want the cooler. It's quieter than stock and overclocking is so easy to do you might as well do it from the off.

Reckoner

That RAM is a waste of money, save a tenner and just get this stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004S3T5DI/

670 is also a better buy than a 7870, 4GB one on sale for £200 delivered atm with two free games, would be my choice http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-290-AS but it's up to yourself. What 7870 was it?

Don't get a 64GB SSD, it's much too limiting. 120GB is the bare minimum, and you want the cooler. It's quieter than stock and overclocking is so easy to do you might as well do it from the off.

The thing is that I can save some money now and get the cooler later, when I feel like overclocking. Even though my budget is flexible, I don't want to go over 700£ right now.

I just changed for the 120gb one, then. Thanks!

kharma45

The thing is that I can save some money now and get the cooler later, when I feel like overclocking. Even though my budget is flexible, I don't want to go over 700£ right now.

I just changed for the 120gb one, then. Thanks!

Swap to Ivy Bridge if you're looking to save money with the 3570K and the ASUS Z77 LK. Performance is practically the same unless emulation is big on your priority list.

This is also the cheapest good SSD around http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ and you can save further money on the RAM here http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=PCPartPicker

Reckoner

Swap to Ivy Bridge if you're looking to save money with the 3570K and the ASUS Z77 LK. Performance is practically the same unless emulation is big on your priority list.

This is also the cheapest good SSD around http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ and you can save further money on the RAM here http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=PCPartPicker

It's good right now. 685£ with the 7870 gpu. I'm still considering the GTX 670, but I don't know if I really need the extra power for 50£ more

tarheel91

It's good right now. 685£ with the 7870 gpu. I'm still considering the GTX 670, but I don't know if I really need the extra power for 50£ more

I'd go with a 7950 over a 670. The 7950s are ridiculously discounted at the moment due to the new line of AMD cards coming out soon.

Also, SSD reliability is only a problem in server applications. For consumers, they'll last longer than you need them.

kennah

I always read that SSDs have worse durability than HDDs
That used to be the case.

But now it's the other way around. Stress tests on the 840 pro have put it at 25 years of writes before death (at writing 30 gigs every day). Hard drive quality has gone severely down in the last few years since the flooding/only two manufacturers that don't give a shit.

kharma45

I'd go with a 7950 over a 670. The 7950s are ridiculously discounted at the moment due to the new line of AMD cards coming out soon.

Also, SSD reliability is only a problem in server applications. For consumers, they'll last longer than you need them.

Not in the UK they're not, they're the same price as a 670.

Reckoner

But now it's the other way around. Stress tests on the 840 pro have put it at 25 years of writes before death (at writing 30 gigs every day). Hard drive quality has gone severely down in the last few years since the flooding/only two manufacturers that don't give a shit.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Should I expect a similar performance with the Sandisk SSD?

kharma45

That's good to know. Thanks!

Should I expect a similar performance with the Sandisk SSD?

Yes, as that test was actually the 840 not the 840 Pro with TLC NAND.

I'd save the cash though and grab the Kingston, cheaper and it'll be as fast in most day to day stuff.

kennah

Speaking of SSDs. There is a 250gig 840 in the buy sell trade thread listed for $100 shipped in the US. Hell of a deal.

I very recently paid $95 for a 128gig 830 :p

Reckoner

I'm reading that I need a bracket for the SSD. Is it true? Where can I get a cheap one?

Edit: Nevermind. The product information for the R4 says that it already has SSD compatibility

ArynCrinn

Banned

I still think WD HDD's are solid quality as they've always been, but to agree to a extent they need to be upping the quality/life/reliability while retaining price points as well, which they aren't.

Hi guys, somewhere along the line I seem to have picked up a nasty trojan. Avast detected it but I'm still getting strange behaviour, freezes and icons blacking out, etc. It's annoying to say the least. I use Avast, Spybot search and destroy, Malware Bytes and have just downloaded Ad-Aware too to try and flush this out. Any one have any advice on what I can do to combat this, or am I resigned to a reformat?

Loto

If you're not doing media work, the i7 is a waste. Get an i5-3570K instead.

Also, add a Cooler Master 212 EVO heatsink for overclocking.

If you can wait a little, wait for the AMD 7XXX series prices to drop. As it stands now, the 7970 GHz Edition is roughly comparable to the 770 and a hundred dollars cheaper. (Also: free games!) Will probably get even cheaper in the next weeks when the R9 cards release.

The Seasonic G 550 is the better choice for a PSU.

The Define R4 is a great case with room to spare. Don't worry.

Thank you for taking the time to look over my build. I changed to the power supply you suggested and the i5 instead. I think I'm sticking with 770. I got a pretty good deal for it.

thanks again!

nbthedude

Typically, how long after a hardware announcement do new graphics cards ship?

I'm wondering particularly about the time frame for these new AMDs that are being announced on Wednesday.

As kharma45 said, if you move to Ivy Bridge, you get basically the same performance for less. How's this?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.00 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£81.08 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.98 @ Novatech)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card (£199.92 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.90 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£38.39 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £712.25
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 18:54 BST+0100)

If you want to go sub £700, choose a less expensive case. The Fractal Core 3000 is as nice as the R4 for 20 quid less and can be nearly as quiet with your setup.

Reckoner

As kharma45 said, if you move to Ivy Bridge, you get basically the same performance for less. How's this?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£81.08 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.98 @ Novatech)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card (£199.92 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £712.25
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 18:54 BST+0100)

If you want to go sub £700, choose a less expensive case. The Fractal Core 3000 is as nice as the R4 for 20 quid less and can be nearly as quiet with your setup.

Thanks again!

I'm still considering that gpu, but probably I'm going to miss the deal since I'm only ordering the parts next week. The 7870 is cool, if I miss it, anyway. I already put that power supply and ram. The cooler will be something to get later, when I start feeling the need to get more power.

Just one question: The R4 case comes with two fans... are those enough to keep it all cool?

Thanks again!

I'm still considering that gpu, but probably I'm going to miss the deal since I'm only ordering the parts next week. The 7870 is cool, if I miss it, anyway. I already put that power supply and ram. The cooler will be something to get later, when I start feeling the need to get more power.

Just one question: The R4 case comes with two fans... are those enough to keep it all cool?
The various 670s have been on sale for a while now in the UK, so I guess they'll still be on sale next week. More raw power and 4GB of VRAM make these a lot more future-proof than the 7870, so I absolutely recommend you buy a GTX670. Srsly.

Also, spend the extra 20 quid for the 212 EVO. You have to disassemble your entire rig to retrofit a heatsink, which is a big ass hassle.

Two 140mm fans can easily keep a 3570K and GTX 670 cool, no problem.

Reckoner

The various 670s have been on sale for a while now in the UK, so I guess they'll still be on sale next week. More raw power and 4GB of VRAM make these a lot more future-proof than the 7870, so I absolutely recommend you buy a GTX670. Srsly.

Also, spend the extra 20 quid for the 212 EVO. You have to disassemble your entire rig to retrofit a heatsink, which is a big ass hassle.

Two 140mm fans can easily keep a 3570K and GTX 670 cool, no problem.

Didn't realize that! Then I'll get the cooler. It would be great if Amazon had the 670 in stock for that price since they would ship it for free

Didn't realize that! Then I'll get the cooler. It would be great if Amazon had the 670 in stock for that price since they would ship it for free
Scan.co.uk also ships for free as far as I know.
Just saw that the 4GB Asus 670 is not yet in stock. Hope they have it when you place your order. If they don't, wait a few days or buy a 2GB 670 like this one. Still a much better deal than the 7870.

Akros

Neo Member
Hey Guys finally decided to go back to pc gaming, kinda need help with a build....while the info here is fruitful and abundant it is overwhelming, My budget is 1200...not trying to go overboard with the best of the best shit out here but i need something that is able to keep up for the next few yrs

Addnan

Hey Guys finally decided to go back to pc gaming, kinda need help with a build....while the info here is fruitful and abundant it is overwhelming, My budget is 1200...not trying to go overboard with the best of the best shit out here but i need something that is able to keep up for the next few yrs

Fill out the questions in the OP.

noonche

Hi guys, I'm looking into building an HTPC that can support some gaming. Currently I have the following, all from new egg:

* AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop
* MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) AM3+ AMD 760G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
* Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
* LIAN LI PC-Q07B USB3.0 Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
* Rosewill Stallion Series RD700 700W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
* SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224DB/BEBE - OEM

It comes out to $550 with Windows 7.

I have a couple of questions though:

Will all these parts work together? I think they will but I'm not sure how to be sure.
Does this seem like a reasonable build/price?
Will this case support a dedicated graphics card? If so, how do I know which ones? If not can you recommend a small form factor case/power-supply that will?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Azulsky

Hi guys, I'm looking into building an HTPC that can support some gaming. Currently I have the following, all from new egg:

* Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
* Rosewill Stallion Series RD700 700W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Will all these parts work together? I think they will but I'm not sure how to be sure.
Will this case support a dedicated graphics card? If so, how do I know which ones? If not can you recommend a small form factor case/power-supply that will?

My personal vote would be for this

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_760_asus_directcu_mini_review,1.html

760 totally fits the bill for 1080p gaming. And that model will fit anywhere. I dont know where they are for sale yet as the reviews just popped out but I will do some hunting.

Addnan

You have an MATX motherboard with an ITX case that won't work. As far as I know there are no good ITX boards for AMD. You should really go Intel if you are gaming, check the OP for SFF builds.

Can anyone tell me how AMD's "Never Reloaded" promo works? Going to go AMD first and switch to nVidia later down the line, just to say I've tried both.

Do the games offered give you separate Steam codes? I'd like to give Saints Row 4 to my girlfriend.

Reckoner

Scan.co.uk also ships for free as far as I know.
Just saw that the 4GB Asus 670 is not yet in stock. Hope they have it when you place your order. If they don't, wait a few days or buy a 2GB 670 like this one. Still a much better deal than the 7870.

Probably they ship for free, but only for UK residents. I'm from another country and Amazon has free shipping with MRW

def sim

Can anyone tell me how AMD's "Never Reloaded" promo works? Going to go AMD first and switch to nVidia later down the line, just to say I've tried both.

Do the games offered give you separate Steam codes? I'd like to give Saints Row 4 to my girlfriend.

I had the Sleeping Dogs/Far Cry 3/Hitman promo with my card and they provided separate codes. I don't think they've changed how they handle it since then.

tarheel91

My Hyper 212 Evo's fan is dying. I wanted to replace it with a Noctua 120mm PWM fan, but they apparently don't make them anymore? So I'm down to the 140mm Noctua PWM fan or a 120mm Cougar PWM fan. Any thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E16835608036&gclid=COyH_av437kCFcSd4AodJysA6Q

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002

Edit: Apparently the 120mm fan I was looking at was just discontinued. Found a Noctua 120mm:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E16835608038&gclid=CPL2tK7537kCFc2f4AodbVYAFQ

noonche

You have an MATX motherboard with an ITX case that won't work. As far as I know there are no good ITX boards for AMD. You should really go Intel if you are gaming, check the OP for SFF builds.

Thanks.

I put together an Intel build based on the OP, but it comes out to over $1000 and I was hoping to keep things closer to $800. I'll have to think about this. Here's what I have in the cart right now:

* Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
* ASUS P8H77-I LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
* Team 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory
* Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
* COOLER MASTER Elite RC-130-KKN1 Midnight Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
* MSI R7950-3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
* Toshiba Q Series HDTS225XZSTA 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
* LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

$1041.39 shipped.

Thoughts?

Addnan

Thanks.

I put together an Intel build based on the OP, but it comes out to over $1000 and I was hoping to keep things closer to $800. I'll have to think about this. Here's what I have in the cart right now:

* Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
* ASUS P8H77-I LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
* Team 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory
* Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
* COOLER MASTER Elite RC-130-KKN1 Midnight Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
* MSI R7950-3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
* Toshiba Q Series HDTS225XZSTA 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
* LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

$1041.39 shipped.

Thoughts?

If you are willing to spend that much you can get better. Best way to save money right now would be not to get and SSD. I love SSD, but if it means cheaping out on another part, no way.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($164.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.97 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1028.86
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 17:38 EDT-0400)

[url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1GyQw]PCPartPicker part list[/url] / [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1GyQw/by_merchant/]Price breakdown by merchant[/url] / [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1GyQw/benchmarks/]Benchmarks[/url]

[b]CPU:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54670]Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor[/url] ($219.99 @ Newegg)
[b]Motherboard:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h87iplus]Asus H87I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard[/url] ($118.55 @ Newegg)
[b]Memory:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b]Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory[/url] ($74.99 @ Amazon)
[b]Storage:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te120bw]Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk[/url] ($99.99 @ Amazon)
[b]Video Card:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-03gp42784kr]EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card[/url] ($663.98 @ Newegg)
[b]Power Supply:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-power-supply-st65fg]Silverstone 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply[/url] ($115.98 @ Newegg)
[b]Operating System:[/b] [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/microsoft-os-wn700404]Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)[/url] ($99.99 @ Newegg)
[b]Other:[/b] SilverStone PP05 Short Cable for PSU Set ($19.99)
[b]Other:[/b] Nippon Labs CT-4MINI-NA ($1.49)
[b]Other:[/b] Fractal Design FD-CA-NODE-304-WH White Aluminum / Steel Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case ($89.99)
[b]Other:[/b] QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DPort 27" 2560x1440 Samsung PLS (LG IPS) Matt Screen Panel HDMI, Display Port, PC 27-inch Monitor * Thunderbolt Display ($379.00)
[b]Total:[/b] $1883.94
[i](Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)[/i]
[i](Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-22 18:54 EDT-0400)[/i]

This is it guys. I can't believe I went from small indie build to 1440p megaton. Damn you mofos and all your tech talk. I will now wait for the AMD presser and decide if I should go with the new AMD benchmark GPU or wait for a possible price drop for the whole line of GTX 780 cards. I have a feeling that Valves announcement won't be aimed at where I want to take my next gen gaming.

Is it me or that 1440p monitor (Amazon) I picked out amazing for all it's bells and whistles. For that price! Hope I am right on that one. I will post if all goes well when I get it shipped.

Deadstar

I hope someone here can help me. I just purchased a EVGA GTX 770 with the acx cooler (has two fans). This thing is an absolute beast and is awesome however it sounds like a jet engine when I play any game. I used the evga precision tuner to drop the fan speed down to the lowest amount but for some reason it still pumps like crazy, I guess to maintain a low temp.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to return it but it's just so loud. I had a gtx 570 before and it was nowhere near this loud.

Reckoner

Because you posted UK sites, I assumed you were from the UK. Where are you from? Do you have any local sites that might be worth a look?

I'm from Portugal. I got some stores nearby like Aquapc, Mbit, PCDiga and Chip7, but it would cost a bit more there

btw, the cooler master 212 says "Versatile all-in-one mounting solution supporting the latest Intel? LGA 1366 / 1155 and AMD FM1 / AM3+". I presume it also supports 1150, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom