• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
Small question : When using two cards in SLI is their a general preference or recommendation to use either Fans or water for Cooling ?

Water cooling if its a viable option.

If you get fans, go for blower style coolers as they will blast the hot air out of your case rather than circulating it.

Mad Max

I got the exact same case (phobya test bench)
And the exact motherboard (ASUS Maximus V EXTREME)
I Would really love to have the same water cooling loop like this one.

And i do live in saudi arabia but don't worry about that we have alot of 3rd party services in here that can buy anything from anywhere for small amount of fee (around $15)
The only thing that i can't buy is liquid or flammables.

Looking at that photo I think I can recognize some parts (NVM this I see I was way late and kennah already found the exact parts).
The GPU block is an EK FC7950/FC7970; The reservoir is probably an EK multioption or a bitspower one; The tubing could be anything, but the size is probably 5/8"OD (outer diameter) 3/8"ID (inner diameter); I'm not sure what the radiator is; Fittings are compression, but the type is hard to make out: could be bitspower or something that just kinda looks like it.

My recommendation for parts to get is:

Pump: Laing D5 ~$80
Pump Top: EK, or get one of those nice bitspower D5 modkits ~$30/$80 (the pump body is mounted onto the top)
CPU block: EK Supremacy (acetal, there also is a "clean" version if you dont like circles) ~$60
GPU block: depends on the card you get. Make sure that you get a card with a reference PCB as you won't find any full cover blocks for it otherwise. ~$100
Reservoir: Bitspower or EK tube res ~$40
Radiator: Alphacool ut60 360mm, EK XTX 360mm, XSPC RX360 ~$80
Radiator fans: Scythe GT AP15 ~$15 a piece
Fittings: Bitspower compression stuff is nice, monsoon compression fittings are also quite nice.
Tubing: Primochill advanced LRT 3/8"ID 5/8"OD or Feser 3/8"ID 5/8"OD

Thorgal

Up to you. Lots of people do water because it is quieter and cooler. Two reference cards blast out a lot of heat and noise. There are adapters and fittings that directly link up multiple cards. it looks pretty cool to do that way.

Water cooling if its a viable option.

If you get fans, go for blower style coolers as they will blast the hot air out of your case rather than circulating it.

Thanks guys .

Think ill take the Fans .

i play most of my games with headphones anyway so the noise wont be a problem and
I probably won't go too much with OC so i am not expecting overheating issues.

diaspora

Given that I'm 99% sure that one of my four DIMM slots isn't working, would my beset option for an upgrade from 4GB of RAM to 16 be 2x8?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hmm, after playing Skyrim for 2.5 hrs it just freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del to kill the process. I'm on 314.22 drivers and cpu/gpu temps are fine. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thorgal

Hmm, after playing Skyrim for 2.5 hrs it just freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del to kill the process. I'm on 314.22 drivers and cpu/gpu temps are fine. Any ideas for troubleshooting?
Did you heavily mod the game ?

too many high resolution texture mods can make your GPU V-ram starved.

So after the advice that you guys gave me I have moved towards building the PC my self and used the template that was advised on here, but I have expanded it a bit.

Here is what I have at the moment:

Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core £138.69
Motherboard Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA1155 £46.31
Memory Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 £41.45
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM £49.98
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB £149.99
Power Supply XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V £49.99

It comes out £476 so far, (I don't need a case as I am getting one from a friend)

I am still willing to spend another £50/55, which area do you guys think I should upgrade and with what?
Thanks.

mkenyon

Banned
Gaf Here is my questions!

1- What the hell is going on with AMD?? where is the HD 8000 series ? i want to get the HD 8970 :(

2- Recommend me a good water cooling kit Please!

Also i have ended my 3770k vs 4770k debate and the winner is the 3770k for two reasons:

1- Better overclocking.
2- Temperature.

So here is my new build

CPU: I7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel Z77

GPU : Not yet!!
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (I will get corsair dominator 2800 soon)

SSD: Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 256 GB .
Have you already purchased the motherboard? Because, you could add a lot more to your budget if you went with something like the MSI MPower, which is equal with the Maximus V Extreme. The only thing you are missing out on is PLX chips to give you additional PCI-E lanes for 4-Way SLI. That's pretty much the only reason to get a Maximus V Extreme.

You basically have to choose between picking out each part individually for aesthetic reasons, or saving money and getting a kit. The XSPC D5 kits, which include everything you need for a CPU are a great value.

Addnan

So after the advice that you guys gave me I have moved towards building the PC my self and used the template that was advised on here, but I have expanded it a bit.

It comes out £476 so far, (I don't need a case as I am getting one from a friend)

I am still willing to spend another £50/55, which area do you guys think I should upgrade and with what?
Thanks.
You can move the graphics card to a 760. http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...ds/nvidiagtx760keplerseries/76xph6dv6kkz.html

Will be a pretty big boost over the 660.

Azzurri

Is the MSI GeForce GTX 780 Gaming a non reference 780, or just a minor tweak to the reference card with a different fan?

koji kabuto

They detail all the parts you need in the page you pulled that image from :p

Wasserkühlung (Water cooling)
EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme LT AMD Acetal Top - CPU Block
EK Water Blocks EK-FC7970 - GPU Block
EK Water Blocks EK-DCP 4.0 - Pump
EK Water Blocks EK-Multioption RES 250 - Tube reservoir
Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme III 360 Radiator Rev.2 - The giant radiator at the bottom
Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPRO PL-PS 3x - the fans on the radiator
Alphacool Heatmaster II - fan and pump controller, kind of unnecessary
Aquacomputer Durchflusssensor "high flow" G1/4 - flow sensor, unnecessary
13/10 Anschlüsse - fittings
Masterkleer Schlauch PVC 12,7/9,5mm - tubing

Will have to change the CPU Block (They have AMD CPU) so i think i'm getting a XSPC RayStorm for $55

Also the GPU waterblock will change it to EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Waterblock for $162

(Question: Do i need the Backplate? What is it used for? )

Everything else looks okay to me and i may just change the reservoir for a this one.

yhst-39083765508394_2267_15064079

M3z_

Is the MSI GeForce GTX 780 Gaming a non reference 780, or just a minor tweak to the reference card with a different fan?

Pretty sure the new MSI gtx 780 is just a reference card with twin frozr cooling, but the twin frozr cooler is very good.

kennah

Will have to change the CPU Block (They have AMD CPU) so i think i'm getting a XSPC RayStorm for $55

Also the GPU waterblock will change it to EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Waterblock for $162

(Question: Do i need the Backplate? What is it used for? )

Everything else looks okay to me and i may just change the reservoir for a this one.

yhst-39083765508394_2267_15064079

Most blocks come with both AMD and Intel mounting hardware. But yep, that'll be fine. Backplates help stop the card from bending/look nice. Those Helix reservoirs are super cool looking.

larvi

Any GAF opinions on the BenQ XL2720T ? I'm looking at 120hz 27" monitors and leaning towards that. Any others that are better?

Noaloha

Apologies if this isn't the thread for this sort of question!

I'm totally ignorant when it comes to internet connection stuff. I'm suddenly getting pings to my Planetside 2 server of 230ms, where it used to be around 80-ish (Me: Nottingham, UK, Server: Amsterdam, NL)

I downloaded a program called Networx and used it to capture this Trace Route to the server's IP.

Can anyone spot any obvious problems here and advise if it's a problem at my end or at my ISP?

iBKA7bkMSJqks.PNG

For troubleshooting, I've power cycled my modem/router, I've full-scanned for malware (MSE and Malwarebytes), I've checked that I'm the only one using my network bandwidth.

When I run Speedtest.net, I get normal values, down of 17, up of 1.8. When I use Pingtest.net to check locations, it's reporting 30-40 for London, Sweden and Germany. I don't know how reliable speedtest.net and pingtest.net are though.

Any advice?

PaineReign

Neo Member
Sorry to repost, but I am still having some issues.

Just built my first computer and it works beautifully when the graphics card is not installed, but when I put the card into the computer I the machine turns on and I get a beep from the motherboard but I get no signal on my monitor.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 660

I have been trying a few things, but with no success. I am not sure at what point I simply need to return the graphics card because it is broken in some way.

Addnan

Sorry to repost, but I am still having some issues.

Just built my first computer and it works beautifully when the graphics card is not installed, but when I put the card into the computer I the machine turns on and I get a beep from the motherboard but I get no signal on my monitor.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 660

I have been trying a few things, but with no success. I am not sure at what point I simply need to return the graphics card because it is broken in some way.

Did you plug the PCI-E cable into the card?

koji kabuto

Looking at that photo I think I can recognize some parts (NVM this I see I was way late and kennah already found the exact parts).
The GPU block is an EK FC7950/FC7970; The reservoir is probably an EK multioption or a bitspower one; The tubing could be anything, but the size is probably 5/8"OD (outer diameter) 3/8"ID (inner diameter); I'm not sure what the radiator is; Fittings are compression, but the type is hard to make out: could be bitspower or something that just kinda looks like it.

My recommendation for parts to get is:

Pump: Laing D5 ~$80
Pump Top: EK, or get one of those nice bitspower D5 modkits ~$30/$80 (the pump body is mounted onto the top)
CPU block: EK Supremacy (acetal, there also is a "clean" version if you dont like circles) ~$60
GPU block: depends on the card you get. Make sure that you get a card with a reference PCB as you won't find any full cover blocks for it otherwise. ~$100
Reservoir: Bitspower or EK tube res ~$40
Radiator: Alphacool ut60 360mm, EK XTX 360mm, XSPC RX360 ~$80
Radiator fans: Scythe GT AP15 ~$15 a piece
Fittings: Bitspower compression stuff is nice, monsoon compression fittings are also quite nice.
Tubing: Primochill advanced LRT 3/8"ID 5/8"OD or Feser 3/8"ID 5/8"OD

I will definitely go with your recommendation with the Laing D5 pump.
The CPU Block i think i'm going with the XSPC RayStorm

The price difference between Bitspower and the FrozenQ Liquid Fusion convinced me to switch to the Bitspower (red)

For the radiator i'm really not worried alot because i think they are all the same size (almost?) and it will hopefully fit in my case.
So i may go with the Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme III or EK XTX 360mm.
Also i'll take your recommendation on the fitting and tubing the Bitspower stuff looks so sexy

Have you already purchased the motherboard? Because, you could add a lot more to your budget if you went with something like the MSI MPower, which is equal with the Maximus V Extreme. The only thing you are missing out on is PLX chips to give you additional PCI-E lanes for 4-Way SLI. That's pretty much the only reason to get a Maximus V Extreme.

You basically have to choose between picking out each part individually for aesthetic reasons, or saving money and getting a kit. The XSPC D5 kits, which include everything you need for a CPU are a great value.

Already bought the motherboard and Amazon put it under "Shipping Now" i guess i can request a cancellation but i'm really in love with this motherboard i wanted a rampage with my old build but i didn't get it and i regretted that, So i'm getting Maximus instead lol

clav

Apologies if this isn't the thread for this sort of question!

I'm totally ignorant when it comes to internet connection stuff. I'm suddenly getting pings to my Planetside 2 server of 230ms, where it used to be around 80-ish (Me: Nottingham, UK, Server: Amsterdam, NL)

I downloaded a program called Networx and used it to capture this Trace Route to the server's IP.

Can anyone spot any obvious problems here and advise if it's a problem at my end or at my ISP?

iBKA7bkMSJqks.PNG

For troubleshooting, I've power cycled my modem/router, I've full-scanned for malware (MSE and Malwarebytes), I've checked that I'm the only one using my network bandwidth.

When I run Speedtest.net, I get normal values, down of 17, up of 1.8. When I use Pingtest.net to check locations, it's reporting 30-40 for London, Sweden and Germany. I don't know how reliable speedtest.net and pingtest.net are though.

Any advice?

Next time when you run a trace route, you can use the command 'tracert' in command prompt to accomplish the same thing. (e.g. tracert google.com)

You don't need a program.

You can also use the command 'pathping' to benchmark your ping times(e.g. pathping google.com).

As for your connection, looks like there is trouble on the first few hops. Are you running on wired or wireless?

kharma45

http://www.maplin.co.uk/intel-core-i3-asus-8gb-gaming-bundle-670658

Been looking around and found this deal. I was originally gonna go for a i3 3220, MSI mobo and 8gb ram and this comes up much cheaper and I save money. What do you guys think of this combo?

Is it a good buy?

It seems a fair price, slightly older hardware (SB and H61) but I can't beat it. Best I could do was this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor (£93.72 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£42.90 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£44.29 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £180.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-04 19:06 BST+0100)

Thanks.

If you can take it to almost £550 you could go for this

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£172.53 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£93.62 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7850 OC Edition 2GB Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card With FREE Never Settle Reloaded download coupon (£136.98)
Total: £547.39
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-04 19:09 BST+0100)

Gets you a better CPU with an unlocked multiplier (you won't get any good overclocks with the stock cooler but you could take it to around 4 GHz without too much bother if you don't get unlucky with the CPU. To take it any further you will need one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0068OI7T8/), better motherboard, and whilst the GPU is cheaper you get an extra free game (BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider vs Metro: Last Light) and it overclocks extremely well. 660 is marginally faster at stock but once you stretch the legs of the 7850 it is a better card. Unfortunately that RAM I suggested first time around is OOS now but the normal branded stuff is still there.

Inversive

Does anyone know of a good guide for overclocking a 3750k? I've just finished building my first pc with some help from this thread which was a good experience, just waiting on my 760 before i jump in and gorge myself on all the games i've missed.
I'm worried about fucking up and ruining my brand new pc, though i know it won't happen :p
Also i've replaced the standard heat sink with an Enermax ETS-T40 so heat won't be a problem.

Noaloha

Next time when you run a trace route, you can use the command 'tracert' in command prompt to accomplish the same thing. (e.g. tracert google.com)

You don't need a program.

You can also use the command 'pathping' to benchmark (e.g. pathping google.com).

As for your connection, looks like there is trouble on the first few hops. Are you running on wired or wireless?

That command prompt thing is nice to know! If I had to guess, I assume the whole software package is just a UI for CMD stuff.

I'm wired. These issues popped up about two days ago, when I was playing Planetside 2 and found myself persistently desynced. No changes to any of my hardware or software that I can think of.

It seems a fair price, slightly older hardware (SB and H61) but I can't beat it. Best I could do was this

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor (£93.72 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£42.90 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £180.91
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-04 19:06 BST+0100)

So it looks like a decent buy then?

Thanks then, I really don't need that much power for what I'm doing anyways.

kharma45

Does anyone know of a good guide for overclocking a 3750k? I've just finished building my first pc with some help from this thread which was a good experience, just waiting on my 760 before i jump in and gorge myself on all the games i've missed.
I'm worried about fucking up and ruining my brand new pc, though i know it won't happen :p
Also i've replaced the standard heat sink with an Enermax ETS-T40 so heat won't be a problem.

What mobo do you have?

So it looks like a decent buy then?

Thanks then, I really don't need that much power for what I'm doing anyways.

Yeah it's perfectly fine.

Mad Max

The CPU Block i think i'm going with the XSPC RayStorm

For the radiator i'm really not worried alot because i think they are all the same size (almost?) and it will hopefully fit in my case.
So i may go with the Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme III or EK XTX 360mm.

The raystorm is also a fine choice.

Those radiators I posted are all the same size (60mm thick, 360mmx120mm surface area) and I think they should fit in that testbench pretty well. Also beware that the NexXxoS Xtreme III is an old model which isn't all that great. The alphacool rads to look out for are the ut60's (there is also a thinner version called the xt45 (45mm) and a thicker one called the monsta (80mm)), which are some of the best performing rads out there.

If you can take it to almost £550 you could go for this

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£172.53 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£93.62 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7850 OC Edition 2GB Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card With FREE Never Settle Reloaded download coupon (£136.98)
Total: £547.39
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-04 19:09 BST+0100)

Gets you a better CPU with an unlocked multiplier (you won't get any good overclocks with the stock cooler but you could take it to around 4 GHz without too much bother if you don't get unlucky with the CPU. To take it any further you will need one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0068OI7T8/), better motherboard, and whilst the GPU is cheaper you get an extra free game (BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider vs Metro: Last Light) and it overclocks extremely well. 660 is marginally faster at stock but once you stretch the legs of the 7850 it is a better card. Unfortunately that RAM I suggested first time around is OOS now but the normal branded stuff is still there.

Thanks for the advice, I've looked at improving the motherboard and the CPU but unfortunately I'm at the limit of my budget at that point. This is how it looks in the end:

CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core £169.99
Motherboard MSI B75A-G43 ATX LGA1155 £61.99
Memory Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 £44.29
Power Supply XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V

It comes out at around £526

My final question is will all this fit together with no problem? Thanks for all your help and advice.

Noaloha

The issue seems to be between your ISP and the Level3 backbone.
Cheers. Had a word with the ISP and they've confirmed that there's a specific issue with copious game servers and game streaming sites, all of which matches up to my symptoms.

Thanks for that. With my up/down speeds being seemingly fine, I really wasn't sure that it was an ISP fault, so I was hesitant to bring them into it. Guess I just wait it out. :]

kharma45

Thanks for the advice, I've looked at improving the motherboard and the CPU but unfortunately I'm at the limit of my budget at that point. This is how it looks in the end:

My final question is will all this fit together with no problem? Thanks for all your help and advice.

The B75 and a K CPU isn't the ideal fit. It will work but it is wasting the CPU tbh. I'll help more when I'm back from the gym.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Hey guys my 10+ year router is on its last leg. My house has about 15 wireless devices and I am sure more are too come. Does anyone know what's a good router to use in the suburbs? My computer catches about 12 other connections near my house if that helps at all. Also my brother likes to stream HD movies and sports and I do game a lot. Thanks in advance.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Welp, ~$500 in, and I officially give up on an acrylic system :(

Hopefully I can maybe recoup some of my cost by reselling the fittings - but man, 14 Primochill fittings and two sets of tube, 14 e22 fittings and five acrylic tubes, lots of sandpaper, a hobby saw, a heat gun, a bending tool lots of shipping costs, and countless items to fit inside the tube; and we're looking at about half a grand wasted. Boy am I frustrated.

I got the 8mm red silicone cord from Australia yesterday, and I was THRILLED to finally get going. A bit too thick. So I olive oil it up... still too thick. So I run to the store today and buy some medium and fine grit sandpaper. I sand it down, then clean it up with the fine paper, then rinse, then dry, then try. Just a tiny, TINY bit each time... unfortunately, after 90 minutes, it still doesn't fit. I I try going back and forth between two sets of e22 tube, knowing there might be slight differences in ID. So I run to the store, and buy some coarse and extra coarse paper... another hour, and it still won't fit. So, out of pure curiosity, I grab a third e22 tube... and now my silicone is WAY too small. It basically falls in :-/ I expected a slight difference, but at this point, my frustration has boiled over. I'm tired of getting my hopes up. I've been patient, I've spent the money, and I've scoured the net for every piece of instruction I can find.

At this point, it's time to cut my losses. It sucks - a several thousand dollar build won't achieve my vision. But fun is slowly turning to anger. It's life - of course - it's the most 1st World White Person Problem I could ever have - of course. I recognize it's not a huge deal, and I'll get over it, certainly. But boy do I feel a bit defeated :(

The damage I did in my kitchen:

9208497387_33ff44dd43_c.jpg

SO!! With all that said.... what's the absolute best tube to buy nowadays? I want no kinks - no issues whatsoever. I want simple and sexy. Recommendations?

Also - I guess I'll be getting the Monsoon fittings I originally wanted back in the day, lol.

Roland1979

Also, I need a monitor under 200€, a gaming mouse, and a wireless network adapter. Thanks for the help!

I can only help you with the gaming mouse part. The G400, modeled after the famous MX518 will disappear because it is replaced by the G400s. Normally These mice are around € 60,-. So is the G400s. Because the G400 is being replaced you can find it for much less, for almost half! I suggest you take advantage of that before they are all gone. I already have one but am thinking about ordering another. If you are looking for a mouse pad I suggest the Steelseries QcK series.

Figured this might be a decent place to request help. My downloads folder on my 2TB Seagate Barracuda is very slow to load, and I'm worried about that. I only have about 7 GBs in there, and it's the only folder to run into this issue. It takes about 30 seconds to load and until that point it says there is nothing in it. I have about 500 GBs remaining, and my steam folder which is the most used at 700 GBs loads instantly.

Any advice?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

At a glance, it seems like it'll fit fine. But run those parts through pcpartpicker.com and see if the compatibility fits.

My suggestion is that if you don't intend to overclock, drop to a normal 3570 (without the K, which means you get the same CPU but without an unlocked multiplier for easy overclocking) and get a Geforce 660Ti (since it seems like you want to go with Nvidia). You end up with a better GPU with effectively the same CPU (it is a version of the same CPU that is harder to overclock), which means better gaming performance in the end.

You may also want to drop to DDR3-1600 or DDR3-1333 for the RAM to save a little money. If I remember right, Ivy Bridge CPUs don't go past 1333 for RAM unless you overclock it anyway.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Figured this might be a decent place to request help. My downloads folder on my 2TB Seagate Barracuda is very slow to load, and I'm worried about that. I only have about 7 GBs in there, and it's the only folder to run into this issue. It takes about 30 seconds to load and until that point it says there is nothing in it. I have about 500 GBs remaining, and my steam folder which is the most used at 700 GBs loads instantly.

Any advice?

Run this on all your drives and post the results: http://www.hdtune.com/

Run this on all your drives and post the results: http://www.hdtune.com/

ijOrf3owpCiLS.png

HD Tune Pro: ST2000DM001-9YN164 Benchmark

Test capacity: full

Read transfer rate
Transfer Rate Minimum : 70.1 MB/s
Transfer Rate Maximum : 208.8 MB/s
Transfer Rate Average : 139.9 MB/s
Access Time : 14.9 ms
Burst Rate : 228.9 MB/s