• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2016 Plus Ultra! HBM2, VR, 144Hz, and 4K for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a 1070 but my PSU (850w) only has two 6 pin connectors and the 1070 requires 8 pins. Is it safe to use a 6 to 8 pin adapter? I am using the card as is without any OC-ing. It comes OC-ed out of the box, but nothing crazy. Or is it necessary to change the PSU?

valouris

I ordered a 1070 but my PSU (850w) only has two 6 pin connectors and the 1070 requires 8 pins. Is it safe to use a 6 to 8 pin adapter? I am using the card as is without any OC-ing. It comes OC-ed out of the box, but nothing crazy. Or is it necessary to change the PSU?

Which PSU model is it?

Okay guys, going to be ordering some of my parts starting today, hopefully have them all in a month or so. Here's the list:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($198.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($63.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($33.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING X Video Card ($269.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer ($15.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($84.88 @ OutletPC)
Total: $827.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-27 13:32 EDT-0400

Any final thoughts?
There's no plan on overclocking. Will add more fans, RAM, and a SSD later down the road. Now since I won't have everything til next month, I want to get the most expensive parts out of the way first which is the CPU and GPU. Last week, I was told the MSI RX480 was the best for quiet and performance.
Does MSI make reliable GPU hardware and do they have good customer support? just in case I get DOA from Newegg (hopefully that doesn't happen).
Will my PSU be compatible with it?
Edit: one more question: will the MSI RX480 fit in my case?
I think that's all the questions I have for my build.

LilJoka

Okay guys, going to be ordering some of my parts starting today, hopefully have them all in a month or so. Here's the list:

Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($63.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($33.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer ($15.88 @ OutletPC)
Total: $827.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-27 13:32 EDT-0400

Any final thoughts?
There's no plan on overclocking. Will add more fans, RAM, and a SSD later down the road. Now since I won't have everything til next month, I want to get the most expensive parts out of the way first which is the CPU and GPU. Last week, I was told the MSI RX480 was the best for quiet and performance.
Does MSI make reliable GPU hardware and do they have good customer support? just in case I get DOA from Newegg (hopefully that doesn't happen).
Will my PSU be compatible with it?
Edit: one more question: will the MSI RX480 fit in my case?
I think that's all the questions I have for my build.

Some changes:
matx motherboard -> matx case
You cant run ram more than 2133mhz in a B150 board. 2133Mhz CL13 is the fastest your board can handle.
Get rid of the DVD drive. You can download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft and use a USB to install the OS.
I swapped the board to the cheapest option, you might want to change it if there is a specific feature the MSI had.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $820.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-27 14:46 EDT-0400

Id be tempted to pick up a 2nd hand GTX 970, as they will trounce the RX 480 and GTX 1060. Slightly higher power consumption but the PSU can handle it.

Gav

Hopefully someone can help, not sure where to ask.

What power cable/supply would i need for an ASUS ROG P278Q monitor?
Im in the UK, if that makes a difference!

Thankyou.

Some changes:
matx motherboard -> matx case
You cant run ram more than 2133mhz in a B150 board. 2133Mhz CL13 is the fastest your board can handle.
Get rid of the DVD drive. You can download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft and use a USB to install the OS.
I swapped the board to the cheapest option, you might want to change it if there is a specific feature the MSI had.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $820.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-27 14:46 EDT-0400

Id be tempted to pick up a 2nd hand GTX 970, as they will trounce the RX 480 and GTX 1060. Slightly higher power consumption but the PSU can handle it.

I won't have to worry about anything being limited on that motherboard?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I just replaced it a couple weeks ago with a Corsair 650

I thought it fixed the issue. It fixed issues I was having with overclocking and I thought also the GPU but apparently not.

I guess it has to be the motherboard at this point.

It's ridiculous. This past week has just had so many things going on and Monday was the worst day with consecutive awful things happening. I should have expected it to happen.
I feel you on this just being one more thing.

Anyway I did numerous driver reinstalled this morning.
No luck.

Lots of discussions online said to make sure max performance is enabled in Nvidia control panel.
No luck.

Did a system restore to last week.
No Luck.

About to head out to buy 3 cans of compressed air to blow through my 680.

I have a new PSU and GPU already but have yet to install them because I need to mod my case to fit the new GPU.

I have a silverstone sfx 450 PSU right now, I'm considering swapping in the new corsair 609watt sfx that I bought for the 1080.

Not sure if I actually feel like requiring everything today though..

Ugh, it's just so annoying that right as I'm about to be finally ready for big upgrade my rig goes unstable.

Magnus

I am elated with my new rig. Thanks to the folks in here who answered my many questions.

Overwatch is practically singing, highest possible settings without a frame drop. All the other games I've played, like Legion looking and performing pretty damned well too. The whole computer is just zippy and delightful. Forgot what this was like.

So happy.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I feel you on this just being one more thing.

Anyway I did numerous driver reinstalled this morning.
No luck.

Lots of discussions online said to make sure max performance is enabled in Nvidia control panel.
No luck.

Did a system restore to last week.
No Luck.

About to head out to buy 3 cans of compressed air to blow through my 680.

I have a new PSU and GPU already but have yet to install them because I need to mod my case to fit the new GPU.

I have a silverstone sfx 450 PSU right now, I'm considering swapping in the new corsair 609watt sfx that I bought for the 1080.

Not sure if I actually feel like requiring everything today though..

Ugh, it's just so annoying that right as I'm about to be finally ready for big upgrade my rig goes unstable.

sigh, i'm on the same track as you. i messed with those settings a live chat nvidia rep told me to do, so next time the driver crashes again ill uninstall it and put in the last one i remember working correctly. i might have to go back even further a couple times?

they said they'd have me do stress tests if the old driver didnt work.

First time posting in this thread. I've decided to get a PC over a Mac, for the purpose if 2D animation & illustration. Not really going to be gaming, thought I might, but the main point is to get a high-powered rig and build it myself. I don't have experience doing it.

Here are the minimum specs I need to meet, as per the top-end requirements of the program I'm going to be running:

Windows 10
Intel Core i7 3.5ghz
at least 16GB of memory
GTX980 or better, minimum (how many GB do you recommend for this card? is that even configurable?)

I live in Toronto. Want to build this myself and want to pay as little as possible but still meet these needs. Also, need to be able to be future proof, I need to make sure I can upgrade the video card & memory going forward. Stupid question, but can you upgrade the processor past an i7 in the future?

Also, do you have a recommendation for a monitor? Will be doing graphics & illustration work, 2D animation, so I need a large surface to use, best picture quality.

Budget is $2000 CAD.

Any help is MUCH appreciated, as like I said, I'm starting from scratch.

Cheers!

vlaktron

Neo Member
So i think my evga gtx 650 ti boost has finally bit the dust. Its having major temp problems where it will shoot straight up in the 90's when playing games. I can't seem to play for more than 10-15mins before the game either freezes or crashes to desktop. Its out of warranty and i've already tried reapplying thermal paste which hasn't helped.

I'm looking to get a new card to replace it. Currently have a 1080p setup and don't plan on upgrading in that area. I do pretty much all my current AAA gaming on console and use my PC for the odd PC exclusive (Xcom 2, Civ, etc) older AAA games picked up through steam sales and indie games.

I have a $50 gift card to newegg and I've been eying either a Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ (4GB) or a Evga gtx 1060 (probably 6GB). Leaning towards the 470 right now as its cheaper, but still seems to perform pretty well when compared to the 1060. Could also be talked into a 480 if thats a better option.

BraXzy

Does anyone know anything about the AOC G2460PG 24" 144Hz Gsync Monitor?

Been looking for a good while now at monitor upgrade options, and while I'd like to invest in a good 27" 1440p IPS, at the minute my rig wouldn't really handle it so I was looking at a cheap alternative till I have something more powerful in a year or two.

Spotted this monitor for cheap but I can't find much in the way of reviews/in depth impressions since it's a couple years old.

kami_sama

i have that card too. it might be fan cable not seated properly so the fan is hitting off it. take the card out and have a look. unscrewing the fan/shroud is really simple so don't worry about doing it if you need to. i remember reading about people having this issue at launch. if it keeps happening then get it replaced.

I´ve checked, and there's no cables or anything that would cause the noise. I think the bearing are the cause.

Will have to rma :(

So in anticipation of my new GPU coming this week, I started to look into overclocking my CPU, a FX-6300, to lessen the inevitable bottleneck. I'm on stock cooling (dumb I know) and I used AMD Overdrive + my BIOS to set it to 4100MHz (default is 3500MHz) and to disable the Turbo boost. I fired up a game quickly to test the temps and was constantly hitting 70+C which I assume is bad, so I stopped and reverted everything back to normal.

Here's the thing, my CPU is still getting kinda hot at the default 3500MHz (turned Turbo back on and set it to stay at 3500MHz). Here is a pic of what the temps were like and the current/min/max MHz values:

O9sMht8.png

IDK if something is still screwy with the settings and it's still trying to get to 4100MHz or what. It shouldn't be maxing at 4100MHz still, should it? Should I look into upgrading the cooler? My motherboard is an ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3.

Or are these temps completely fine? Any help is greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
sigh, i'm on the same track as you. i messed with those settings a live chat nvidia rep told me to do, so next time the driver crashes again ill uninstall it and put in the last one i remember working correctly. i might have to go back even further a couple times?

they said they'd have me do stress tests if the old driver didnt work.
A weird thing for me is i was on a driver from July that has been perfectly fine until yesterday. Then once the issue started I upgraded to the latest. And I think before July the last driver I had was from April maybe.

It would be more assuring to me if it happened right after I changed drivers or something. And so far the computer hasn't hardlocked or rebooted the game just crashes and once I task manager out everything is fine.

With gpuz I saw that cars got to about 80c before it locked.. which is pretty hot.

They are not Sli. I bought one for my wifes setup. They were tested on their own each time. Same test on both on same profiles. Very strange.

Different cases, different airflow, different ambient temps, different amounts of dust on the filters are al reasons why the temps could be different. In other words, don't worry about it.

oh they were tested in the same computer? It could be one of the cards has Samsung memory and another micron memory, I've heard 1070's with Micron memory run hotter.

greekappi

I'm thinking of upgrading some of my gaming PC components and I was wondering what you all thought of my choices:

So, first off, what I have currently is as follows:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard

iTgIJgq.png

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor

Wg1LFSy.png

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit for Intel and AMD Platforms CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

UpuKTzO.png

FSP AURUM GOLD 700 700W 80PLUS GOLD Certified ATX POWER SUPPLY compatible with Intel Core i3 /i5/i7 and Supports Intel Latest Platform, ATI CrossFireX

YX6scz9.png

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler, RR-B10-212P-G1

Ucp3bx9.png

Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Five Fans, window side panel, top hard drive dock

jFjlYWJ.png

I have two 980s running SLI for my GPUs.

Now, I'm running this on my TV at 1080p 60Hz. I want to be able to play Forza Horizon 3 on max settings here and even future proof for my eventual 4K TV upgrade.

What do I need to upgrade in my rig to make this happen?

I was thinking about getting a new motherboard, ram, and processor. I'm assuming I'll need new ram for the motherboard, DDR4 vs the DDR3 I have now, correct?

Here is what I've been eyeing:

Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 2-Way SLI ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

PBtrAsq.png

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662I76700K]

uRMDPgD.png

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz (PC4-24000) C15 Memory Kit - Black (not sure which clock speed I need or what PC4-24000 means)

a63hCw1.png

------------------------------------------------------

So, will the motherboard fit in my existing case? Will my two 980s still be enough or should I go 1080 (Titan is way too pricey and diminishing returns, right?)? Is the power supply still ok?

Help!

Thanks in advance.

So i think my evga gtx 650 ti boost has finally bit the dust. Its having major temp problems where it will shoot straight up in the 90's when playing games. I can't seem to play for more than 10-15mins before the game either freezes or crashes to desktop. Its out of warranty and i've already tried reapplying thermal paste which hasn't helped.

I'm looking to get a new card to replace it. Currently have a 1080p setup and don't plan on upgrading in that area. I do pretty much all my current AAA gaming on console and use my PC for the odd PC exclusive (Xcom 2, Civ, etc) older AAA games picked up through steam sales and indie games.

I have a $50 gift card to newegg and I've been eying either a Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ (4GB) or a Evga gtx 1060 (probably 6GB). Leaning towards the 470 right now as its cheaper, but still seems to perform pretty well when compared to the 1060. Could also be talked into a 480 if thats a better option.

Get the 470 8Gb version. It's like a 480 4Gb reference but cheaper.

Different cases, different airflow, different ambient temps, different amounts of dust on the filters are al reasons why the temps could be different. In other words, don't worry about it.

oh they were tested in the same computer? It could be one of the cards has Samsung memory and another micron memory, I've heard 1070's with Micron memory run hotter.

Yeah the one is 10c cooler under load at all times. 62c is the highest i have seen it go even with my oc. They both perform within 1 percent of each other in benchmarks.

Also rolled back from the newest nvidia drivers and it performs a lot better.

luoapp

Hopefully someone can help, not sure where to ask.

What power cable/supply would i need for an ASUS ROG P278Q monitor?
Im in the UK, if that makes a difference!

Thankyou.

Monitors get power from wall outlets, no power supplies needed. They ship with a power cord.

Yeah the one is 10c cooler under load at all times. 62c is the highest i have seen it go even with my oc. They both perform within 1 percent of each other in benchmarks.

Also rolled back from the newest nvidia drivers and it performs a lot better.

Download gpuz if you haven't and check the memory type. Its possible the hotter one uses Micron memory which according to some people needs more voltage than Samsung memory to run at the advertised speeds. A factory Oc of the memory would exaggerate that problem.

So in anticipation of my new GPU coming this week, I started to look into overclocking my CPU, a FX-6300, to lessen the inevitable bottleneck. I'm on stock cooling (dumb I know) and I used AMD Overdrive + my BIOS to set it to 4100MHz (default is 3500MHz) and to disable the Turbo boost. I fired up a game quickly to test the temps and was constantly hitting 70+C which I assume is bad, so I stopped and reverted everything back to normal.

Here's the thing, my CPU is still getting kinda hot at the default 3500MHz (turned Turbo back on and set it to stay at 3500MHz). Here is a pic of what the temps were like and the current/min/max MHz values:

IDK if something is still screwy with the settings and it's still trying to get to 4100MHz or what. It shouldn't be maxing at 4100MHz still, should it? Should I look into upgrading the cooler? My motherboard is an ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3.

Or are these temps completely fine? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You should hold off on overclocking until you get a better cooler.

4.1 ghz is the stock turbo boost of your cpu, so don't worry if your max MHz is reported as 4.1.

Try looking up some overclocking guides, like this one to get an idea of what your settings should be like. But again, you should wait until you get a better cooler.

Hi guys. My PC is getting pretty long in the tooth (4 years old now) so I'll be looking at getting a new machine some time in the next 12 months odd.

What's the word on the street about next gen CPU's and GPU's? Are there any major shakeups on the way that I should hold out for?

Brenal

So i have been meaning to upgrade the dinosaur(10-12years old) that is my desktop, soon i will probably build a new pc from scratch but in the mean time i want to get last bit of performance out of my old motherboard as the parts are probably very cheap now, i already reached the maximum ram(2GB of DDR2) and the absolute best cpu(pentiumD at 3.6GHZ) .My question is, which is the best graphics card i can get before getting bottleneck by the specs above?, considering i dont have a 6pin pcie express connector.

kuYuri

Hey guys! A little advice needed.

I'm building a PC with similar parts as the "STANDARD" build in the OP, and just wanted to make sure everything looks fine. I would also like to know if a B150 motherboard is noticably worse than an H170 for normal use/older gaming, as the H170 I intended to buy is no longer in stock from the site I planned on ordering from. The B150 would be MSI B150 Mortar if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($89.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($72.82 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 460 2GB Dual OC Video Card ($114.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.69 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($43.33 @ OutletPC)

I think you'd be totally fine with a B150 mobo.

Bloodember

So i have been meaning to upgrade the dinosaur(10-12years old) that is my desktop, soon i will probably build a new pc from scratch but in the mean time i want to get last bit of performance out of my old motherboard as the parts are probably very cheap now, i already reached the maximum ram(2GB of DDR2) and the absolute best cpu(pentiumD at 3.6GHZ) .My question is, which is the best graphics card i can get before getting bottleneck by the specs above?, considering i dont have a 6pin pcie express connector.
Any new graphics card will be bottle-necked massively by your computer. Just upgrade the whole thing.

Roulette

Hi guys. My Windows 10 install was corrupted (recovery disc and install discs won't work), but it's an old system so I'm planning on a new build. My old 1680x1050 monitor died as well.

Current components:

CPU: i5 2500k
Motherboard: Asus P8H61 Pro
Memory: 1 x 4GB DDR3
Storage: 2 x 1TB SATA HDD
Video Card: Radeon HD5750
Case: Antec 302
PSU: Corsair 750w

Planned new build:

CPU: i5 6600k
Motherboard: Asus Z170-PRO
Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (plus my old 2 x 1TB SATA HDDs)
Video Card: GTX 1060 or 1070
Case: My old Antec 302
PSU: My old Corsair 750w
Monitors: 2 x XB241H (G-Sync)

Here are some questions:

1. Video card - going from a 1060 to a 1070 adds $300 (AU) to my build. Is it worth it?
  2. Monitors - I was planning on getting two new ones, but my wife got wind of it and wants one of them. She has two old, mismatched monitors, so chances are I'll be getting 2 x 1080p G-SYNC monitors (of which I would use one, along with one of her old 1280x1024 ones). If I'm only using one, is it worth getting a G-SYNC monitor? Will a single GTX 1060/1070 be enough for one G-SYNC monitor and an old one (or 2 G-SYNCS if I end up with 2)?
  3. Old components - is there anything I already have that can/should be used in the new build besides Windows 10, case and PSU?
  4. Old files - if I do a fresh install on the SSD, will all my old files be accessible if I set them as secondary drives?
  5. PSU - will my 750w PSU be enough for the new build? Any other parts that aren't suitable?

LilJoka

Hi guys. My Windows 10 install was corrupted (recovery disc and install discs won't work), but it's an old system so I'm planning on a new build. My old 1680x1050 monitor died as well.

Current components:

CPU: i5 2500k
Motherboard: Asus P8H61 Pro
Memory: 1 x 4GB DDR3
Storage: 2 x 1TB SATA HDD
Video Card: Radeon HD5750
Case: Antec 302
PSU: Corsair 750w

Planned new build:

CPU: i7 3770k
Motherboard: Asus Z170-PRO
Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (plus my old 2 x 1TB SATA HDDs)
Video Card: GTX 1060 or 1070
Case: My old Antec 302
PSU: My old Corsair 750w
Monitors: 2 x XB241H (G-Sync)

Here are some questions:

1. Video card - going from a 1060 to a 1070 adds $300 (AU) to my build. Is it worth it?
  2. Monitors - I was planning on getting two new ones, but my wife got wind of it and wants one of them. She has two old, mismatched monitors, so chances are I'll be getting 2 x 1080p G-SYNC monitors (of which I would use one, along with one of her old 1280x1024 ones). If I'm only using one, is it worth getting a G-SYNC monitor? Will a single GTX 1060/1070 be enough for one G-SYNC monitor and an old one (or 2 G-SYNCS if I end up with 2)?
  3. Old components - is there anything I already have that can/should be used in the new build besides Windows 10, case and PSU?
  4. Old files - if I do a fresh install on the SSD, will all my old files be accessible if I set them as secondary drives?
  5. PSU - will my 750w PSU be enough for the new build? Any other parts that aren't suitable?

3770k is not compatible with Z170, only Z77/Z68, even H61 but without overclocking capability.
Z170 uses Skylake (6 series Intel CPU).

derFeef

As mentioned I got that MSI 1070 X Gaming a few days ago. And WOW does it overclock like a beast. Currently sitting at 200+ GPU and 170+ MEM - what are you guys reaching in terms of overclocking? Any suggestions for voltage etc.?

As mentioned I got that MSI 1070 X Gaming a few days ago. And WOW does it overclock like a beast. Currently sitting at 200+ GPU and 170+ MEM - what are you guys reaching in terms of overclocking? Any suggestions for voltage etc.?

For me increasing voltage didn't do anything to allow for higher OC or stability. My MSI 1070 gaming the normal one. Is running at +200 +700 memory flawlessly.

BraXzy

Does anyone know anything about the AOC G2460PG 24" 144Hz Gsync Monitor?

Been looking for a good while now at monitor upgrade options, and while I'd like to invest in a good 27" 1440p IPS, at the minute my rig wouldn't really handle it so I was looking at a cheap alternative till I have something more powerful in a year or two.

Spotted this monitor for cheap but I can't find much in the way of reviews/in depth impressions since it's a couple years old.

I've picked this up for cheap from eBay (ex-display).

Fingers crossed it's all good :D

shagia

How does the Intel Core i7-6700k fair against the i7-5930K ? I can only find comparison against the i7-5920k :/

I think this mostly depends on your needs and budget since the 6700k is a ~$300 mainstream 4 core and the 5930k is a ~$500 enthusiast 6 core. You'll notice a small or even unnoticeable difference between both CPUs, i.e the 6700k usually performing a bit better in games because of it's stronger single core performance and the 5930k performing better with multi-core / threaded processes, but Haswell-E does completely okay playing games.

samar11

kami_sama

Update on the clicking noise on the gpu fan.
I identified the fan that was making it, and after trying various things, pressing down hard on the central part did the trick. No clicking noise even at 100%.
I hope it stays like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom