• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2016 Plus Ultra! HBM2, VR, 144Hz, and 4K for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipu

Banned
Don't stress the TN/IPS stuff as it looks fine to me.

TN
viewing_angles.jpg

Yeah...

Pagusas

Elden Member
Hi, I've searched in this thread and the GTX 1080 thread and didn't see an answer to this question:

The official GTX 1080 specs (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080) show HDCP 2.2, but not every 1080 is showing HDCP Ready on Newegg. The MSI Gaming X shows "HDCP Ready Yes" on Newegg, but the PNY VCGGTX10808XGPB-OC doesn't state this at all. Should every 1080 (and every 10x0 from what I see) support HDCP, or can different manufacturers have different compliance?

I'm also looking at getting the PNY 1080 or 1070, what I've seen of reviews is that PNY is lesser known, but fine. Are their video cards typically low noise and durable quality?

every single one is HDCP compliant. That is not something you need to worry about, its part of the required specs.

I picked up a 1070 about 2 months ago (EVGA), and I'm approaching the end of my Step-up window.

Question: Will I appreciate a step up to a 1080, or is it not worthwhile?

Criteria for making my decision:
-I've enjoyed my 1070, and while it's great for 1440p, I'd really like to be doing 4k. For most games, it seems like the 1080 is just barely hitting acceptable performance in that area (More so with OCing), but the 1070 can really only hit the bottom rung. Will I feel an appreciable jump with the 1080?
-A 1080ti is likely bound for next year, but I'm expecting it to be a solid $100+ over the 1080 (Somewhere between a Titan and 1080). I really think the 1080 is probably my highest upper limit for buying a video card. Safe to assume I won't like the 1080ti's price?
-If I were to do a the Step-up, what's the best EVGA model to choose?

Thanks for your thoughts!

FireRises

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor (soon to have a GTX 1080).

Would you go,

27" 1440p 165hz G-sync IPS

or

27" 4K 60hz G-sync IPS

The 1440p seems perfect for what's happening now, but 4K is definitely the future. I haven't tasted the sweetness that is a higher refresh rate (above 60) so I haven't been spoiled yet so to speak.

kuYuri

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor (soon to have a GTX 1080).

Would you go,

27" 1440p 165hz G-sync IPS

or

27" 4K 60hz G-sync IPS

The 1440p seems perfect for what's happening now, but 4K is definitely the future. I haven't tasted the sweetness that is a higher refresh rate (above 60) so I haven't been spoiled yet so to speak.

I have 1440p and I love it. I can have a higher resolution over 1080p and have the high refresh rate in most games, rarely having to turn down settings. It's still the sweet spot for 980 Ti/1070/1080/Titan Xs in latest AAA games. I vote 1440p for now, but only because I haven't really experienced 4K outside of downsampling/DSR.

I'm planning on going 4K in maybe another two years. My next goal is 21:9 Ultrawide.

If doing other things besides gaming, 4K might be the better choice.

FireRises

I have 1440p and I love it. I can have a higher resolution over 1080p and have the high refresh rate in most games, rarely having to turn down settings. It's still the sweet spot for 980 Ti/1070/1080/Titan Xs in latest AAA games. I vote 1440p for now, but only because I haven't really experienced 4K outside of downsampling/DSR.

I'm planning on going 4K in maybe another two years. My next goal is 21:9 Ultrawide.

If doing other things besides gaming, 4K might be the better choice.

thanks! I'm leaning towards the 1440p because it makes the most sense now... maybe use that and see where 4K is in 2 years

enewtabie

Looks fine to me.

IPS is great, but the backbleed, higher response time and higher price are important factors.

If my XB271HU has backbleed I'll consider switching to PG278Q.

Yeah me too. I factored in several things. I wanted a 1ms 144hz 1440p Gsync Monitor and I don't want to spend a lot. No doubt IPS has great some great features but to get that I would have had to spend at least another $180-250.

kuYuri

Yeah me too. I factored in several things. I wanted a 1ms 144hz 1440p Gsync Monitor and I don't want to spend a lot. No doubt IPS has great some great features but to get that I would have had to spend at least another $180-250.

I think that also depends on when you bought it. For example, the Acer XB270HU which has an IPS panel was available typically around $700+, closer to $750 last year. Earlier this year, I saw it for as low as $500 for a brand new, non-refurbished model. Why the drop in price? Presumably because the newer model, the XB271HU, released later that year for about the same price as the XB270 model. So retailers probably started dropping the price later on to get rid of stock and make way for the new model.

I believe the PG278Q is the same, where the price was dropped after the 279Q was released since it's the newer, premium model with an IPS panel.

Jezbollah

I picked up a 1070 about 2 months ago (EVGA), and I'm approaching the end of my Step-up window.

-I've enjoyed my 1070, and while it's great for 1440p, I'd really like to be doing 4k. For most games, it seems like the 1080 is just barely hitting acceptable performance in that area (More so with OCing), but the 1070 can really only hit the bottom rung. Will I feel an appreciable jump with the 1080?
-A 1080ti is likely bound for next year, but I'm expecting it to be a solid $100+ over the 1080 (Somewhere between a Titan and 1080). I really think the 1080 is probably my highest upper limit for buying a video card. Safe to assume I won't like the 1080ti's price?

Do you have a 4K monitor right now? If so then really you should have gone straight with a 1080 rather than 1070. If you can wait for it, I'd wait for the 1080ti - going by recent trends it should be faster than the Titan X Pascal.

With regards to the EVGA model, personally I'd go for a Hybrid as that will allow you ample room to overclock.

J_Viper

Does anyone with a Dell S2716DG use it with their PS4?

Whenever I'm using it to watch a movie, the screen occasionally goes blank for a second or two, then turns back on. It's infuriating.

I tried disabling Deep Sleep, but that doesn't seem to work.

Please advise, I'm going crazy here.

Do you have a 4K monitor right now? If so then really you should have gone straight with a 1080 rather than 1070. If you can wait for it, I'd wait for the 1080ti - going by recent trends it should be faster than the Titan X Pascal.

With regards to the EVGA model, personally I'd go for a Hybrid as that will allow you ample room to overclock.

When I bought the card, I wasn't sure I was going to get a 4k TV, but after I saw one in action, and saw a great deal on one, I was sold. So as much as possible, I'm trying to play things in 4k. The 1070 handles it surprisingly well, but not without significant caveats for some games. Now I'm thinking though that the 1080 is the better 4k fit, but I want to make sure the extra funds spent come through in a noticeable way. I'd consider the 1080ti, but given the likelihood of an extreme cost, it seems unlikely I'd go in on it.

The Hybrid is interesting, but even for overclocking, is it really worth that kind of premium? Am I really going to get that much more of an overclock compared to the other models? (Reference not included obviously.)

I am about to purchase G402 HYPERION FURY mouse. The shop which sells them has a price lower than the RRP which is a rare event in my country. Do you guys know this mouse had previous models which were replaced by the newer, therefore the price is lower? For example, if the original model had any kind of faults and was replaced with the newer under the same name.

Thank you for info.

I had this thought too, but then I remembered Nvidia will release their new cards, which seem to improve a lot the current ones, in less than a year, so I decided to go for a 1070, then I will sell to fund enough to get the new xx70 model

ACE 1991

Looking to replace my PG278Q (I dumbly scratched the screen and now have to sell it pennies, Asus wants $500 to fix it) and want to get a 1440P IPS display. While I'm going to miss gsync and 144hz, IPS will be nice. Is there anything decent under $300 with low latency?

Looking to build. Explain to me Asus's motherboard skus to me?

I think I will go with the Z170-K but thats mostly because it seems right in the middle of their range. Plus I like the idea of having a type C port.

Building around a i5 6600k + gtx1060 if that mattes.

Whats so special about the more expensive ones and whats bad about the cheap ones?

Just more ports and mini vrs full ATX?

Vipu

Banned
Looks fine to me.

IPS is great, but the backbleed, higher response time and higher price are important factors.

That 2ms responsetime is barely noticable even with taken still pictures and ips have less input lag.

Do processor prices go up? The OP and what I see are different. About 80 dollars difference for an i5 for example.

Also, I've never used a SSD. How does your system know which drive to use?

Looks fine to me.

Does 1ms to 4ms really matter?

I've been stuck on which monitor to buy FOREVER now. Both ASUS and ACER IPS 1440p/Gsync were sold out on Amazon for a while and recently came back in stock. I was wondering if there were going to be new models soon or what.

I really want to get one but I don't know what to do :( :( :(

jonno394

complete noob of a question, but I ordered a 4K TV last night,and want to connect my PC to it. My HDMI cables are all 5+years old, so just gonna get a new one to make sure it is fast enough for the 4K signal.

will these be ok? I doubt i'll be gaming any time soon at 4k60 (though I've heard older games like Tales of Zestiria will run on my GTX1060 at that res/frame rate)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014I8SIJY/

Sorry for the bump but im getting a lot of conflicting information online about hdmi cables and 4k 4:4:4 support and whether things like this one support it (as well as whether 4:4:4 support is that important). Just need to know what to buy really to set myself up for the future :/

Jezbollah

When I bought the card, I wasn't sure I was going to get a 4k TV, but after I saw one in action, and saw a great deal on one, I was sold. So as much as possible, I'm trying to play things in 4k. The 1070 handles it surprisingly well, but not without significant caveats for some games. Now I'm thinking though that the 1080 is the better 4k fit, but I want to make sure the extra funds spent come through in a noticeable way. I'd consider the 1080ti, but given the likelihood of an extreme cost, it seems unlikely I'd go in on it.

The Hybrid is interesting, but even for overclocking, is it really worth that kind of premium? Am I really going to get that much more of an overclock compared to the other models? (Reference not included obviously.)

Fair play :) If I was in your position, I would wait for a 1080TI, or at the very least wait till the TIs come out and wait for the 1080s now come down in price (because they will). The 1080s are certainly, what I'd consider a good entry level for 4k, but given that the TIs *should* deliver better-than-TitanXPascal performance, you might want to see their benchmarks

The reasons I mention the Hybrid is the cooling (even though Pascal is better than the 980 series, really if you want to overclock to get the most out of the card you need to be water cooled, be it AIO or full water cooling system). Take a look at the review videos that are out there - Personally speaking Im much inclined to go for a AIO cooler over air but it really depends on your circumstances. We're very much early into the 4K gaming scene for PC gaming. It will be expensive though :/

kuYuri

Does 1ms to 4ms really matter?

I've been stuck on which monitor to buy FOREVER now. Both ASUS and ACER IPS 1440p/Gsync were sold out on Amazon for a while and recently came back in stock. I was wondering if there were going to be new models soon or what.

I really want to get one but I don't know what to do :( :( :(

Acer announced a new version of the XB271HU, the XB271HUT. It's pretty much nearly identical to the 271HU, it just adds built in Tobii eye tracking technology, of which only like three games support it right now, including The Division. Basically allows you to have camera controls using your eyes rather than using a mouse/analog stick. Not a very useful thing to have since so few games support it. The X34 Predator is getting a new version this year that has more curve and is 100hz by default and can overclock up to 144hz.

Asus hasn't announced any new monitors that fit your description.

The majority of the monitors coming out soon from them tend to be 25~ inch monitors that are either 1080p, VA panel, G-Sync or have higher refresh rates from 180hz to 240hz. They seem to be targeting more competitive/esports players with these.

Just buy the ones that are out now is my advice.

I was thinking about what parts I would buy if I were looking to build a brand new 1080p gaming PC in 2016, and so I put together a parts list to see what it would look like and what it would cost.

I don't actually need a new PC (I only did this for fun) but let me know how you guys would improve it. I focused on choosing high-quality parts from respected manufacturers that treat their customers right in the event that something goes wrong, so hopefully that informs some of your opinions on my part choices.

To describe it in one line: MicroATX form factor PC with quadcore i5-6500 processor and GTX 1060 with 6GB of VRAM. Windows 10, a nice IPS 1080p monitor and a good budget KB/mouse set are also included in the price.

Here's the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($204.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($55.63 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($41.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card ($254.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit ($119.00 @ Amazon)
Monitor: HP 22cwa 21.5" 60Hz Monitor ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Cooler Master Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Other: HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset for PC & PS4 (HX-HSCS-BK/NA) ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1000.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-07 19:28 EDT-0400

I think this build could theoretically play any game on the market today at smooth framerates, high settings and 1080p.

mulac

In the market for a new monitor:

ASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor

https://www.pccasegear.com/products...g-swift-34in-100hz-g-sync-ips-gaming-monitor/

Does anyone know if its worth grabbing one of these (i can afford) - for mainly PC on my GTX980 which I'll upgrade when the 1080ti's come out and also PS4 gaming aswell as the usual "work" PC stuff.

Or hold off and wait for the NEW ones to come out whenever that is...with PS4 i obviously know it cant output at 4k or GSYNC but how is gaming on one of these?

Compsiox

Banned

https://www.pccasegear.com/products...g-swift-34in-100hz-g-sync-ips-gaming-monitor/

Does anyone know if its worth grabbing one of these (i can afford) - for mainly PC on my GTX980 which I'll upgrade when the 1080ti's come out and also PS4 gaming aswell as the usual "work" PC stuff.

Or hold off and wait for the NEW ones to come out whenever that is...with PS4 i obviously know it cant output at 4k or GSYNC but how is gaming on one of these?

Definitely overpriced. I'd say it's worth it if money isn't a problem. I would check to see if lightbleed is a severe issue. Some manufacturers have better QA processes than others. I know one of the Swift IPS models had more severe cases of lightbleed than other monitors.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Do processor prices go up? The OP and what I see are different. About 80 dollars difference for an i5 for example.

Also, I've never used a SSD. How does your system know which drive to use?

Prices in the OP look right, about $200 for a 6500 and $245 for a 6600K. They haven't gone up, but every once in a while a deal comes along. I got my 6600K for about $215 after shipping.

You can control the boot order in the bios, so you just set the SSD to be the first one.

Happy with my 6600K OC and I'm not even done yet. Added +0.1V offset and so far I'm at 4.7GHz core and 4GHz cache. XTU test temps not going above the mid 60s. Lower than Prime would be but still good from what I've seen.

Edit: 4.8 crashed, so I'll play with cache more and then do a longer test.

kendrid

Banned
Many pages ago I asked about upgrading an I7 920 (ancient) CPU with a GTX 750 Ti.

I end up upgrading the GPU to a GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB. With the Outlast 2 demo I get 60 FPS 95% of the time at 1440p.

I am really curious how Gears 4 will perform next week. My CPU is very old but most games I have tried are not CPU intensive.

On a side note, I purchased the GPU from jet.com for $230 shipped. It end up being drop shipped from Newegg. Newegg has the same card for $260.

PC gaming and work-related processes should be great, gaming on ultrawides like these are an eye-opener, while doing work on these means better management of open windows, and more space to work with, without adding additional monitors cluttering it all up.

As for "worth", it's relative. Some will point out that the Acer Predator X34 <insert variant here> is more "worth it", since it is cheaper, and they use the same panel, I like the aesthetics more on my PG348Q. The back of the monitor is beautiful, it's almost a sin to leave the back facing a wall.

I love mine to bits. And I'm a stickler for keeping it neat around the setup. The X34 has this square hole where you route your cables through, but sorely visible unless you use a separate VESA mount stand and route the cables inside the mount. Either way, most aren't concerned with stray cables around their tables, so these little things aren't a factor for them to consider the PG348Q over the X34.

q6AhHdil.jpg

My setup with my own PG348Q.

PS4 on this will have the usual black bars. PC gaming on this, with games that supports ultrawide resolution, is sublime. Forza Horizon 3 looks superb running at 3440x1440.

mulac

PC gaming and work-related processes should be great, gaming on ultrawides like these are an eye-opener, while doing work on these means better management of open windows, and more space to work with, without adding additional monitors cluttering it all up.

As for "worth", it's relative. Some will point out that the Acer Predator X34 <insert variant here> is more "worth it", since it is cheaper, and they use the same panel, I like the aesthetics more on my PG348Q. The back of the monitor is beautiful, it's almost a sin to leave the back facing a wall.

I love mine to bits. And I'm a stickler for keeping it neat around the setup. The X34 has this square hole where you route your cables through, but sorely visible unless you use a separate VESA mount stand and route the cables inside the mount. Either way, most aren't concerned with stray cables around their tables, so these little things aren't a factor for them to consider the PG348Q over the X34.

q6AhHdil.jpg

My setup with my own PG348Q.

PS4 on this will have the usual black bars. PC gaming on this, with games that supports ultrawide resolution, is sublime. Forza Horizon 3 looks superb running at 3440x1440.

Exactly what I was looking for thanks! Purchased :)

TheBear

Hey guys I'm close to completing my MAME cabinet PC build and having some issues picking a GPU

The PC so far has a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V (socket 1155) mobo with an i3-2100 with 4GB of ram and a 350W PSU.

I need a GPU with S-Video so I can connect to the CRT (no RGB or SCART) and need to be able to run Dreamcast emulators as a minimum.

Would a 1GB 4890 paired with the above specs do the trick? Is the PSU & CPU upto the task? Any other cards out there worth looking it?

Appreciate any advice. Cheers

3x0

Neo Member
Hey guys I'm close to completing my MAME cabinet PC build and having some issues picking a GPU

The PC so far has a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V (socket 1155) mobo with an i3-2100 with 4GB of ram and a 350W PSU.

I need a GPU with S-Video so I can connect to the CRT (no RGB or SCART) and need to be able to run Dreamcast emulators as a minimum.

Would a 1GB 4890 paired with the above specs do the trick? Is the PSU & CPU upto the task? Any other cards out there worth looking it?

Appreciate any advice. Cheers

The PSU most likely won't be sufficient. I'd recommend a 450W or 500W model from a reputable manufacturer, new or used. Check http://www.jonnyguru.com/ for reviews.

http://imgur.com/a/5ylq8

That's my current PC.
Inel i5 4690k
Thermalright True Spirit 120 M BW CPU Cooler
2*4 GB RAM
MSI Z97M Gaming MoBo
MSI GeForce GTX 970
Fractal Arc Mini R2 Case

Built in late 2014. I'm not thinking about building a completely new PC but maybe it's time for some minor changes - or is it too late? The changes I was thinking about: adding additional 8 GB RAM and changing the CPU Cooler with a water cooling system so that my GPU has more space. Yay or nay? If yay, what's a good (small) water cooling for a Mini Case?

Vipu

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/5ylq8

That's my current PC.
Inel i5 4690k
Thermalright True Spirit 120 M BW CPU Cooler
2*4 GB RAM
MSI Z97M Gaming MoBo
MSI GeForce GTX 970
Fractal Arc Mini R2 Case

Built in late 2014. I'm not thinking about building a completely new PC but maybe it's time for some minor changes - or is it too late? The changes I was thinking about: adding additional 8 GB RAM and changing the CPU Cooler with a water cooling system so that my GPU has more space. Yay or nay? If yay, what's a good (small) water cooling for a Mini Case?

Do you have high temps?
I dont see anything wrong in that build.

Sure you can get more RAM but do you have problems with too little ram?
If you dont have SSD get SSD.
If you game a lot maybe new gpu?
Also remove that useless HDD cage next to GPU blocking air and takes lots of useless space.

Do you have high temps?
I dont see anything wrong in that build.

Sure you can get more RAM but do you have problems with too little ram?
If you dont have SSD get SSD.
If you game a lot maybe new gpu?
Also remove that useless HDD cage next to GPU blocking air and takes lots of useless space.

Nah, no problems with high temps. Didn't bother overclocking my CPU though.
Only thing bothering me is the little to nothing space between my cooler and the GPU. The GPU is "hanging" due to its weight but that's even kinda convenient as it's the only reason why CPU cooler radiator and GPU don't touch. Didn't even fix the GPU with screws because otherwise the radiator would scratch on the GPU faceplate. Don't know how it'd be with a new GPU or if it'd even be a problem if Cooler radiator and GPU touch all the time.... it's just bothering me though. ^-^
Good suggestion about the HDD cage. Don't even know why I didn't remove it yet.

No problems with my RAM yet. Probably a waste of money buying more RAM at the moment. And luckily I already got a SSD.

Acer announced a new version of the XB271HU, the XB271HUT. It's pretty much nearly identical to the 271HU, it just adds built in Tobii eye tracking technology, of which only like three games support it right now, including The Division. Basically allows you to have camera controls using your eyes rather than using a mouse/analog stick. Not a very useful thing to have since so few games support it. The X34 Predator is getting a new version this year that has more curve and is 100hz by default and can overclock up to 144hz.

Asus hasn't announced any new monitors that fit your description.

The majority of the monitors coming out soon from them tend to be 25~ inch monitors that are either 1080p, VA panel, G-Sync or have higher refresh rates from 180hz to 240hz. They seem to be targeting more competitive/esports players with these.

Just buy the ones that are out now is my advice.

Thanks for the info, I don't think I'd want to spend the extra $100 or $200 for eye tracking. At the same time, it's just hard to pull the trigger on $750, though I just did get a refund check for property taxes...

3x0

Neo Member
Nah, no problems with high temps. Didn't bother overclocking my CPU though.
Only thing bothering me is the little to nothing space between my cooler and the GPU. The GPU is "hanging" due to its weight but that's even kinda convenient as it's the only reason why CPU cooler radiator and GPU don't touch. Didn't even fix the GPU with screws because otherwise the radiator would scratch on the GPU faceplate. Don't know how it'd be with a new GPU or if it'd even be a problem if Cooler radiator and GPU touch all the time.... it's just bothering me though. ^-^
Good suggestion about the HDD cage. Don't even know why I didn't remove it yet.

No problems with my RAM yet. Probably a waste of money buying more RAM at the moment. And luckily I already got a SSD.

As far as I can see, the plastic clip for the fan is the problem.
Just get regular metal clips for mounting fans: https://www.frozencpu.com/products/...rchon_Shaman_.html?tl=g40c14s1400&id=pZDPHnhb (not sure if these are compatible with your model)

Take of the unnecessarily large clip that came with the CPU cooler: http://www.thermalright.com/images/cooler/true_spirit_120m_bw_reva/700/fan.jpg
and attach the existing fan with the metal clips.

As far as I can see, the plastic clip for the fan is the problem.
Just get regular metal clips for mounting fans: https://www.frozencpu.com/products/...rchon_Shaman_.html?tl=g40c14s1400&id=pZDPHnhb (not sure if these are compatible with your model)

Take of the unnecessarily large clip that came with the CPU cooler: http://www.thermalright.com/images/cooler/true_spirit_120m_bw_reva/700/fan.jpg
and attach the existing fan with the metal clips.

Damn. That could actually work. Thank you! Didn't expect such an easy solution, ha!

ISee

Thinking about getting a 1070 as prices are hitting my magical 450€ barrier (+Gear of War 4, so basically ~400€).

There are currently 3 1070s available for that price in my region.

1.) Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
2.) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme Edition
3.) Asus Strix GTX1070-8G-Gaming (not the Asus ROG Strix)

Which one is the best in regards to overclocking, cooling and loudness?

AmyS

As far as Nvidia and HBM2, I'm really beginning to wonder what their plan is.

There are rumors of a Pascal refresh, including including three GP102 cards: 2080, 2080 Ti and Titan Black v2, but that's of course unconfirmed. The main point is, these cards are rumored to be using GDDR5-X, not HBM2. Assuming Volta architecture is revealed at GTC in April, and non-gaming (Tesla) cards come out in 2017, gaming cards in early 2018, does that mean Nvidia won't have HBM2 GeForce cards until early 2018 or do you think they'll release at least one Pascal card with HBM2 in 2017 -- What do you think guys?

Bloodember

Thinking about getting a 1070 as prices are hitting my magical 450€ barrier (+Gear of War 4, so basically ~400€).

There are currently 3 1070s available for that price in my region.

1.) Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
2.) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme Edition
3.) Asus Strix GTX1070-8G-Gaming (not the Asus ROG Strix)

Which one is the best in regards to overclocking, cooling and loudness?

If it were me, I'd go with the Asus Strix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom