• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2017 The Ryzing of Kaby Lake and NVMwhee!

plushyp

I want to get a PC built before the end of August. Only two things I have locked down are a GTX 1080Ti and a 2K G-SYNC monitor - Acer Predator XB271HU or ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q. But since both of these are more than a year old then I guess even they will get an upgrade.

Not going the 4K way because it'll be too expensive for me and I want all the latest games to be running on a great framerate at 2K resolution for a few years atleast. Was thinking of i7700k before but having read some of the replies on the past 2-3 pages, I am waiting for the new socket and hexa-core from Intel.....

What do you all feel? Have already waited a year, might as well wait a few more months till August right?

ChazGW7

edrmsc7m.jpg

20 years, you served me well. You will never be forgotten.

So: tell me about the latest in PC monitor technology and what to look for.

RIP.

going from that to a Asus PG27UQ (27 inch, 4K, 144hz, Gsync, HDR, Quantum Dot), your eyes would most definitely implode.

What do you all feel? Have already waited a year, might as well wait a few more months till August right?

Not convinced Intels latest will release in August. I could be wrong but I guess we will see. Regardless if you are happy to wait then go for it, are you not interested in Ryzen at all?
Truthfully apart from high fidelity open world games, I don't see a 7700k bottlenecking your build from running 144hz 2K for the next few years, your GPU will be most responsible for whenever that happens. The 1080ti is a beast though so I think you will be comfortable for a while with or without the wait for Intels next offering. If it was me I would just grab a Ryzen 1700 or 1800 IMO.

Also +1 vote for the Asus ROG. It what I use and it is literal gaming bliss every time I load up a new game. My body is ready for the PG27UQ, my wallet is not however.

I need some speaker help. I bought a used Microlab M600 2.1 system for R250 ($20). They're better than what I had before, but the sub makes a low, electrical humming sound that's very noticeable to me. Even when there's no satellites plugged in, it makes that noise. They're still under warranty, so I sent them an email, but if I get a negative response, I'd wondering what my best options would be.

There's used Thornet & Vander Gut 2.0 speakers for R500 ($38). They're bookshelf speakers, and I'm not sure if I'd need an amp to use them.

There's also a used Logitech X-530 5.1 system for R700 ($54) that's two years old.

That seems to be the best of the currently available used audio stuff in my area. If I can't get the sub for the Microlab system sorted out, should I go for the Thornet & Vander or the Logitech system? Or should I just save up and buy something new? Max budget is around R1000 ($77).

I'm not interested in loudness. Just clarity, and obviously they must be silent at idle. None of this humming shit my current setup does.

What case/mobo form factor is the most popular these days? When I built my PC in 2011, it seemed like ATX was the go-to for gaming PCs. Would people here agree that ATX is still the most common form factor for gaming/editing PCs, or would ITX or even mITX be more popular now? I feel as though things have shrunk down a bit, but not sure if that's really true.

LQX

I recently RMA'd a 980 and EVGA was kind enough to send me a 980 TI as a replacement but my system won't stay on for more than 5 minutes.

I was using my 580 as a backup while I waited for the new card and everything was great. I put the new 980 TI in and the whole system locks up and nothing gets put in the event logs. I'm monitoring all temps on CPU and GPU and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I've got the latest drivers and updated my BIOS. I can't figure it out but I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

I also tried a full Windows 10 rebuild just in case.

Any suggestions?

ASRock P67 EXTREME4
Intel 2500K
Corsair 750w power
8 GB RAM

Your power supply should be enough but it still might be the culprit. Do you have another?

What case/mobo form factor is the most popular these days? When I built my PC in 2011, it seemed like ATX was the go-to for gaming PCs. Would people here agree that ATX is still the most common form factor for gaming/editing PCs, or would ITX or even mITX be more popular now? I feel as though things have shrunk down a bit, but not sure if that's really true.

Probably mATX. Most systems don't use more than one GPU, and it allows a system to be smaller than a full ATX system without dealing with the more precise nature of ITX builds.

ChazGW7

mATX is the way to go nowadays if you're going with 1 GPU.

Probably mATX. Most systems don't use more than one GPU, and it allows a system to be smaller than a full ATX system without dealing with the more precise nature of ITX builds.

mATX is the way to go nowadays if you're going with 1 GPU.

Thanks, mATX is actually what I meant in my post, not mITX. That makes sense, thank you. Might be a few months still, but really starting to feel the itch to upgrade my mobo/CPU/RAM and just trying to feel out the details.

blacklotus

Guys, i need your final help:

Parts:

Mobo
CPU
GPU
RAM
Power Supply

Budget 850/1000€
Source prices for my country: novoatalho.pt

Was going with something like this:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
G.SKILL 8GB DDR4 3000MHZ AEGIS
XFX TS Bronze 550w
MSI Radeon RX 480 Armor 8G OC

But got an extra 200€ budget so... help a guy a out.

Thanks.

Quick update:

So far i bought:

Ryzen 5 1600
MSI Tomahawk B350
Seasonic 520W
8GB DDR4 2400mhz

Built all the stuff on my old Iq-Eye computer case and used my old GTX 670.

And O.M.G. was the GPU being gimped by my old processor... I went from not being able to play BF1 online due to bad framerates coupled with severed frame drops to being able to play on my max screen resolution in High detail!

I genuinely don't need to get a new GPU, but i will, since it has been aproved by the Budget Director known as Wife.
Will be getting a 1070.

Anyway, i'm in my love with my Ryzen.

dcx4610

So many new builders posting here and PC threads popping up. I had a feeling this might happen with Sony and Microsoft going x86 and with the mid gen upgrades.

For the new PC people out there, keep in mind that you can do so much more tha game. We have a lot of people in the world now that are only used to phones. Seek out IRC chat, way more powerful web browsing, music, videos, etc. Don't look at your new build as just a gaming box. It can be the center piece for your entire entertainment.

Does anyone know if there is a modern mouse with the same ergonomics, feel, or shape to these old mice?

MX500-MX518-G400-mice_thumb.png

I used to use the MX500 and it was the absolute most comfortable mouse for my big hands. Not sure exactly what my grip style was, but I do remember my entire hand was in contact with the mouse, and I would use the middle link on my index finger to click.

I would try buying one of these again, but it's discontinued and super expensive. So I'm hoping there's a modern equivalent. Something on the bigger side, with good hand ergonomics so you can fully rest your hand on it.

Branson

So, since I've decided on a 7700K, should I go for water cooling or a Hyper 212 Evo air cooler? I assume both would be fine but just curious.

rtcn63

So, since I've decided on a 7700K, should I go for water cooling or a Hyper 212 Evo air cooler? I assume both would be fine but just curious.

Noctua D15(S)? Just make sure it fits in whatever case you're using.

Thanks, mATX is actually what I meant in my post, not mITX. That makes sense, thank you. Might be a few months still, but really starting to feel the itch to upgrade my mobo/CPU/RAM and just trying to feel out the details.

Do realize that with mATX, you'll be giving up PCI and storage slots. Not a big deal for most people, but something to think about if you plan on keeping the PC long-term.

My next case will probably be a Define C. Smaller than the R5 (I can deal with an external optical drive), although I do hope they revise it to hold more HDD's (the Define and Mini C hold the same amount...).

GodofWine

I recently RMA'd a 980 and EVGA was kind enough to send me a 980 TI as a replacement but my system won't stay on for more than 5 minutes.

I was using my 580 as a backup while I waited for the new card and everything was great. I put the new 980 TI in and the whole system locks up and nothing gets put in the event logs. I'm monitoring all temps on CPU and GPU and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I've got the latest drivers and updated my BIOS. I can't figure it out but I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

I also tried a full Windows 10 rebuild just in case.

Any suggestions?

ASRock P67 EXTREME4
Intel 2500K
Corsair 750w power
8 GB RAM

Have you tried to physically remove, and reinstall the GPU?

Branson

Noctua D15(S)? Just make sure it fits in whatever case you're using.

Do realize that with mATX, you'll be giving up PCI and storage slots. Not a big deal for most people, but something to think about if you plan on keeping the PC long-term.

My next case will probably be a Define C. Smaller than the R5 (I can deal with an external optical drive), although I do hope they revise it to hold more HDD's (the Define and Mini C hold the same amount...).

Good god that cooler is huge. Lol. That doesn't even look safe to put on a motherboard

Saw a deal for 1060 3GB for $130. Is it worth it as a stopgap for me? Not looking to do a full upgrade, just looking to upgrade by 560ti + get some more RAM.

Right now, my PC has 2 SSDs, 1 HDD, and 1 CD drive. I'm probably going to just get rid of the CD drive... I just don't need or use it anymore. I'm also considering removing and selling my 500 GB HDD and replacing it with a 2 TB (or larger) drive. However, if I get something like the Corsair 240 Air, it looks like it has plenty of bays to hold 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs if I wanted, which may be the way I go when it's all said and done. I appreciate the input, however!

As an unrelated question, is there any concerns pairing an AMD processor with an nVidia graphics card? I always think of Intel+nVidia and AMD+ATI (well, AMD now), so crossing those seems "wrong" some how. Is there any reason I shouldn't be mixing-and-matching, in this sense?

NEO0MJ

As an unrelated question, is there any concerns pairing an AMD processor with an nVidia graphics card? I always think of Intel+nVidia and AMD+ATI (well, AMD now), so crossing those seems "wrong" some how. Is there any reason I shouldn't be mixing-and-matching, in this sense?

No reason to worry about it. Heck, the guide in the OP contains several examples of that combo.

rtcn63

Saw a deal for 1060 3GB for $130. Is it worth it as a stopgap for me? Not looking to do a full upgrade, just looking to upgrade by 560ti + get some more RAM.

1080p/60fps medium to high settings should be good for at least another year or two. The most limiting factor will likely be the 3GB of vram, but that'll be game-specific.

Right now, my PC has 2 SSDs, 1 HDD, and 1 CD drive. I'm probably going to just get rid of the CD drive... I just don't need or use it anymore. I'm also considering removing and selling my 500 GB HDD and replacing it with a 2 TB (or larger) drive. However, if I get something like the Corsair 240 Air, it looks like it has plenty of bays to hold 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs if I wanted, which may be the way I go when it's all said and done. I appreciate the input, however!

Nvidia's own "battlebox" gives you the option of a Ryzen CPU https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/battlebox/

Dipswitch

Looking for some feedback on a new build + some advice projecting out 1-2 years in the future. Some background first though, so buckle up as it's a long read.....

My current build (i7 3770K, 16GB DDR3, 7970 3GB card, 256GB Crucial SSD, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint HD) is used primarily for gaming, but also used daily for web browsing, document editing, etc. It's about 4.5 years old and is overdue for an upgrade. I usually upgrade on a 4 year cadence and then remain completely hands off until my next build (I broke that rule by adding another 8GB of memory to my build in 2015, but I digress). As such, I always try and project out gaming hardware requirements before I order, which I think I've done a reasonable job on the last few builds. Right now I current game on a 1080p monitor AND tv, but I'm likely going to move up to a 4K TV within 18 months.

I decided to wait for my new build until this year to see how Ryzen and Vega will shake out. I had intended to wait until late fall to make a final decision on parts, but the wrinkle here is that my wife needs a capable machine to do some extensive Lightroom/Photoshop on for her fledgling photography business. Right now she's using my i7 based Yoga 2 Pro laptop, but it isn't cutting the mustard. The plan is to give her my machine to use for 1-2 years, but she needs it ASAP. So I may need to accelerate my build somewhat AND it may influence my current build plans.

I've thrown together a tentative build in PCPartpicker here - the 1080 can be ignored as it's just a placeholder for now, as are vendor choices - I'll likely order everything either through Newegg or Amazon. Ditto for the memory choice, although 16GB of DDR4 is the intended target.

The key decision is the use of a Ryzen based CPU. I was originally thinking of getting the Ryzen 7 1800x because I'm betting on multicore/multithreading use increasing significantly in games in the next 2 years or so. But the $500 price point is a bit much to swallow, so I thought I'd roll with the 1600x for the next year or two and then potentially upgrade to a Ryzen 2 CPU and toss the 1600x into my wife's next build. The problem there is that the Ryzen chips don't compare very favorably to Intel in either Photoshop or Lightroom benchmarks, so it probably won't be the optimal choice to base her machine on 2 years from now. That means I either stick with it myself for 4 years and compromise on my 8 core dreams. Or eat the cost and toss it in 2 years or so in favor of what I assume will be a cheaper, more capable 8 core model.

To further make my head hurt, I then started mulling the idea of going with a new Intel build (probably based on the i7 7700K), with the premise that this would be what I'd end up giving to my wife in 2 years and then I'd go through the platform decision process again. The benefit there is that she gets to keep using Intel chips for her work and I get some more breathing room to see if AMD steps up its game with Ryzen. Whatever video card I buy now would be repurposed in that build however and I'd replace it with something more suited to my wife's requirements.

So I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts on my somewhat schizophrenic build plans. I'd also welcome feedback on the power supply wattage and memory brand/speeds. I typically have bought Crucial memory, as I've never had an issue with it for the last 3 builds I've done. But I'm not sure it'll play nice with Ryzen in terms of speed settings.

I've also typically bought over specced PSU's, preferring never to deal with any headroom issues. My second to last build had a 750W PSU and my current build has a 650W PSU. The reality here though is that I don't think I've come anywhere close to maxing out either of those units. I'm never going to run an SLI setup and I can't envision using more than 1 HD and 2 SSDs + an optical drive. Therefore, a 500-550W PSU would probably be fine. Again though, I'd prefer to pay an extra $20-30 now rather than ever have to deal with headroom issues down the road.

Again, thoughts there would be welcome and thanks in advance!

Nvidia's own "battlebox" gives you the option of a Ryzen CPU https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/battlebox/

Well that's fun/interesting. Thanks.

OK WELL Y'ALL GOT ME HYPED so now I'm putting together pieces despite probably not pulling the trigger on any of it for at least a couple of months. Anything about this hypothetical build that I should be concerned with? I will mainly use the system for gaming (1080p, but some day would like to go to 1440p), rendering/editing, and streaming. $900 is my max budget, but I'd prefer to head closer to the $600 range.

Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 mATX ($80)
GPU: 960 4GB ($0; recycling it from my current build)
RAM: G.skill 2x8 GB 3200 MHz ($125)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 ($320)
Case: Corsair Air 240 mATX ($70)
HDD: WD Blue 2 TB 5,400 RPM ($70)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 550w-650w fully modular ($80)

Already have 2 SSDs, 1 HDD, and a monitor/KB/mouse. Going to transfer my Windows license or get one from r/software swap for ~$50.

I also have a Hyper 212+ cooler from my current P67/i5 2500k build that I will use if needed, but it seems like Ryzen 1700s come with their own cooler? I plan to do a mild overclock on the 1700, but not particularly worried about pushing into the 4 GHz range.

The total of all of that is about $900 after taxes; I may drop off the HDD for now and just add that on later as needed. My only real concern is whether the ASRock is the right choice of board for me, or if I'm cheaping-out too much and should put a bit more into that.

Thoughts?

dcx4610

Well that's fun/interesting. Thanks.

OK WELL Y'ALL GOT ME HYPED so now I'm putting together pieces despite probably not pulling the trigger on any of it for at least a couple of months. Anything about this hypothetical build that I should be concerned with? I will mainly use the system for gaming (1080p, but some day would like to go to 1440p), rendering/editing, and streaming. $900 is my max budget, but I'd prefer to head closer to the $600 range.

Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 mATX ($80)
GPU: 960 4GB ($0; recycling it from my current build)
RAM: G.skill 2x8 GB 3200 MHz ($125)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 ($320)
Case: Corsair Air 240 mATX ($70)
HDD: WD Blue 2 TB 5,400 RPM ($70)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 550w-650w fully modular ($80)

Already have 2 SSDs, 1 HDD, and a monitor/KB/mouse. Going to transfer my Windows license or get one from r/software swap for ~$50.

I also have a Hyper 212+ cooler from my current P67/i5 2500k build that I will use if needed, but it seems like Ryzen 1700s come with their own cooler? I plan to do a mild overclock on the 1700, but not particularly worried about pushing into the 4 GHz range.

The total of all of that is about $900 after taxes; I may drop off the HDD for now and just add that on later as needed. My only real concern is whether the ASRock is the right choice of board for me, or if I'm cheaping-out too much and should put a bit more into that.

Thoughts?

ASRock is fine. It's hard to go wrong on motherboards as long as you get a brand name. Just make sure the board supports the RAM. The only problem I see it the video card. You'll be fine at 1080p but probably not Ultra settings and you'll definitely need to upgrade for 1440p.

ASRock is fine. It's hard to go wrong on motherboards as long as you get a brand name. Just make sure the board supports the RAM. The only problem I see it the video card. You'll be fine at 1080p but probably not Ultra settings and you'll definitely need to upgrade for 1440p.

OK, thanks. Yeah, I know the video card isn't great, but it is such an easy component to swap out later on that I'll stick to it for the time being. I think I'm going to wait until the 1100 series is out before I strongly consider an upgrade. Mostly, I'm just happy to have the extra rendering power under the hood from the new CPU/RAM.

see5harp

That depends on your budget. The Fractal Define Mini C seems to be a popular choice, as well as the Corsair Air 240.

I don't really have a budget for the case. The mid towers I was looking at were the NZXT S340VR and the Phanteks one without tempered glass (I don't want both sides of the case to be glass. I really don't have any PCI cards other than video card at this point and never use a disc drive so at this point I'm starting to realize mATX might be the right move to make. If I need a disc drive I can always buy an external.

Everdred

Have you tried to physically remove, and reinstall the GPU?
Yeah, 3 times.

Your power supply should be enough but it still might be the culprit. Do you have another?
I don't have an extra but it is 5.5 years old. I also had the thought that it might be power related but just can't prove it. EVGA only ask​ for a minimum of 600w for your system.

None of my IRL friends play on PC so I can't really test the parts in others systems.

I'm worried about investing more money into the system and making no progress. I spent $35 to RMA the card already.

I do have 3 hard drives hooked up. Maybe if I bump it down to 2 there will be less power draw?

Edit: looks like power draw of a HDD is incredibly low but a DVD drive is a little more. Maybe I'll disconnect that and a drive to see if it helps.
http://www.buildcomputers.net/power-consumption-of-pc-components.html

Bloodember

Yeah, 3 times.

I don't have an extra but it is 5.5 years old. I also had the thought that it might be power related but just can't prove it. EVGA only ask​ for a minimum of 600w for your system.

None of my IRL friends play on PC so I can't really test the parts in others systems.

I'm worried about investing more money into the system and making no progress. I spent $35 to RMA the card already.

I do have 3 hard drives hooked up. Maybe if I bump it down to 2 there will be less power draw?

Edit: looks like power draw of a HDD is incredibly low but a DVD drive is a little more. Maybe I'll disconnect that and a drive to see if it helps.
If the problem only occurs with that gpu, its your psu. You've already ruled out the gpu by rmaing it.

Any good deals on processors or gfx cards right now? Looking to upgrade, spend like $300 max. My comp is over 3 years old.

This is what I'm looking at in my cart right now:
BJ436WX.png

The best budget graphics card for Dark Souls 3: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti

Sounds good, that's the one I've got in my cart!

You should post your entire specs for better help

i5-4430 @ 3 Ghz quad core
GTX 650 GPU
8 gb Ram
Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 Micro ATX DDR3 1600 Intel Motherboards GA-B85M-D3H
Antec VP-450 Power Supply

rtcn63

Honestly, I'd keep the CPU and just drop in a 1050ti (on sale) if possible. 750ti is going the way of the Dino Crisis, if you still feel the CPU is holding you back after, then sure.

I'm running an i5-3570k + 1060 + 8GB ram + 430W PSU.

dcx4610

Yeah, 3 times.

It's almost certainly the power supply if it's powering off. It's tough to say if it's a bad power supply or not enough wattage. Was it doing it before the new card? Corsair has an excellent advanced RMA and will ship you a brand new power supply as long as you cover shipping.

Sounds good, that's the one I've got in my cart!

i5-4430 @ 3 Ghz quad core
GTX 650 GPU
8 gb Ram
Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 Micro ATX DDR3 1600 Intel Motherboards GA-B85M-D3H
Antec VP-450 Power Supply

Well, for a start that i7 wouldn't be compatible with your motherboard. Your motherboard, and your current CPU, use the LGA 1150 socket type. The i7 2600 is LGA 1155, being an older CPU. The relevant i7 for you would be something like the i7 4770 or 4790.

The GTX 750 Ti meanwhile has been supplanted in its price bracket. If you are prepared to pay that much for a 750 Ti, buy a 1050 Ti instead. Here's a refurbished unit on Newegg, or here's a new one, same price as the 750 Ti after rebate.

Honestly, I'd keep the CPU and just drop in a 1050ti (on sale) if possible. 750ti is going the way of the Dino Crisis, if you still feel the CPU is holding you back after, then sure.

I'm running an i5-3570k + 1060 + 8GB ram + 430W PSU.

Like this one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MF7EQJZ

It's like $10 more expensive than the GTX 750ti...

Well, for a start that i7 wouldn't be compatible with your motherboard. Your motherboard, and your current CPU, use the LGA 1150 socket type. The i7 2600 is LGA 1155, being an older CPU. The relevant i7 for you would be something like the i7 4770 or 4790.

The GTX 750 Ti meanwhile has been supplanted in its price bracket. If you are prepared to pay that much for a 750 Ti, buy a 1050 Ti instead. Here's a refurbished unit on Newegg, or here's a new one, same price as the 750 Ti after rebate.

Wow thanks a lot!!

rtcn63

Like this one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MF7EQJZ

It's like $10 more expensive than the GTX 750ti...

I have an EVGA 1060 SC. The single fan gets annoying once you get to like 60%+ fan speed, but not too big of an issue if you aren't playing demanding games in 80F weather. (Which is what I was doing recently)

If you have a microcenter nearby and don't mind a worse cooler (meaning hotter and louder), there's a Zotac 1060 3GB for $150 http://www.microcenter.com/single_p...&MccGuid=186b0a97-92ed-4ae5-8440-9596473f6aaf

SpyGuy239

Am I right to assume that 32GB of DDR 4 RAM is of no benefit in gaming compared to 16 GB in addition to other common work tasks if there was a video editing involved?

rtcn63

Am I right to assume that 32GB of DDR 4 RAM is of no benefit in gaming compared to 16 GB in addition to other common work tasks if there was a video editing involved?

For just gaming, even 8GB will do, especially when paired with a GPU with 3GB-8GB of vram. I'd get 1x8 or 2x8GB sticks of 3200mhz ram if the mobo supports it (although you'd be looking at an extra $10-20ish over 2400mhz).

I have an EVGA 1060 SC. The single fan gets annoying once you get to like 60%+ fan speed, but not too big of an issue if you aren't playing demanding games in 80F weather. (Which is what I was doing recently)

If you have a microcenter nearby and don't mind a worse cooler (meaning hotter and louder), there's a Zotac 1060 3GB for $150 http://www.microcenter.com/single_p...&MccGuid=186b0a97-92ed-4ae5-8440-9596473f6aaf

Thanks, looks like that particular deal is sold out at my location

To clarify: You will likely still have to turn some settings down in order to maintain a locked 60 FPS. The 1050 Ti performs well as a medium-high settings card for current titles, but not really ultra. Still, should look and perform better than console versions.

I'm fine playing on medium settings. Hell, I'm fine being able to play the game at all!

Do you have any advice on:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti FTW ACX 3.0- 149.99
vs
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING (single fan)- 139.99

rtcn mentioned that a single fan might not be great in warmer weather, I'm in an NYC apt so it can get pretty hot in the summer

I'm fine playing on medium settings. Hell, I'm fine being able to play the game at all!

Do you have any advice on:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti FTW ACX 3.0- 149.99
vs
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING (single fan)- 139.99

rtcn mentioned that a single fan might not be great in warmer weather, I'm in an NYC apt so it can get pretty hot in the summer

Oh, the FTW card will be better in all, from general build quality to temperatures. For an extra ten bucks, probably worth it.

Top Bottom