• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2017 The Ryzing of Kaby Lake and NVMwhee!

Tobe

after a freak accident were my motherboard just bursted into flames
xMOGqmn.jpg
thank god i was at home cause that wouldve been a burnt desk at least.

and some good luck in csgo (got a dropped knife valued around 1.5k ) i got all this

question about the video card, do i need 2 pci cables from the power supply to it or just one that breaks into 2?

Branson

With the temp spiking issue and the terrible TIM, I definitely regret the 7700k. I'm not going to be delidding it, but I plan to be rid of it ASAP. I'm not happy with the Asus Hero Z270 motherboard either.
Hmm. I guess it would be smart to wait and see what comes up in the next couple of months. Just sucks not having a pc right now.

Sorry you had trouble though. Nothing more frustrating sometimes.

LordAlu

So I am looking to gather a new build. I am the biggest noob when it comes to this, the last time I had a gaming pc was around 2011 and I've been only gaming on console since so I don't know much about the hardware that's around these days.

I will be mostly using this one for games, video editing, and web browsing/media etc... From a quick look around I am looking to for the cheapest build around the RX 460 that would give me basic 1080p gaming. My budget is around 400-600CAD.

I just bought this monitor last week, I'm hoping it's good for gaming? I've been contemplating returning it and getting a curved or wide monitor instead?

I'm not sure if I need to fill the form below but here it is:

Your Current Specs: a 6 year old laptop with a broken screen ^^"
Budget: 400-600CAD, Canada

Main Use: Rate 1-5. 5 being Highest: Light Gaming 2, Gaming 5, Emulation (PS2/Wii/Wii U) 0, Video Editing 5, Streaming games in HD 2, 3D/Model work (and what program) 1, General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback) 5.

Monitor Resolution: What resolution will you be playing your games at? (1080p, 1440p, 4K (2160p) Are you going to upgrade later? -Maybe to a Wide display 1440p- Are you buying a new monitor? - Just bought a 1080p 27"-
List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: -BF1, GTAV, new and upcoming games in general- Is 30FPS acceptable? -Yes, it's the aim- 60? -Would be great if but not at a higher $ increase- 144? -Probably way out of my budget- How important is PhysX / SuperSampling / CUDA / GSYNC / FREESYNC to you? - I don't know much about any of those-
Looking to reuse any parts?: List make and model (e.g. Corsair 750TX, 640GB SATA HDD, Antec 900) - I have a 500 GB HDD sitting around-
When will you build?: Do you have a deadline? How long can you wait? - Preferably by June 11th -
Will you be overclocking?: Yes, No, Maybe (This means yes!)
How's this for you?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($84.50 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Memory: Team - Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 560 2GB PULSE Video Card ($136.00 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.98 @ NCIX)
Total: $600.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-03 02:39 EDT-0400
  • The new Pentium is basically a Core i3 in all but name, but for a lower price.
  • SSD as the only drive. Add the 500GB you have lying around if you need more space.
  • Radeon RX 560 should be good for 1080p60 at medium-high settings in most stuff.
Grab Windows 10 from Play-asia or something and you're good to go.

Tobe

How'd that happen?

tbh i wish i knew, played some cs for like 40 min. mind you this system was a stock 6700k with a flawless corsair h100i )checked already for leaks and shit) and a stock gtx 670.

left the pc idle for 5~7 min, heard a buzzing noise immediately checked it, flames on the motherboard coming out of the ethernet port.

manfestival

I was told to wait a month for another drop from AMD because of a new line of processors coming out. Is this true or just rumor? seeing the performance difference over my current CPU vs the new ryzens for the price point is highly appealing.

Bloodember

I was told to wait a month for another drop from AMD because of a new line of processors coming out. Is this true or just rumor? seeing the performance difference over my current CPU vs the new ryzens for the price point is highly appealing.
The threadrippers come out at the end of the month, don't expect them to be cheap though, the Ryzen 3's don't have a release date yet, probably 3rd quarter. Honestly no reason to wait, processor prices won't change.

jediyoshi

question about the video card, do i need 2 pci cables from the power supply to it or just one that breaks into 2?

The power supply cables should straight up have ones that say VGA on it. One that breaks out into 2 8pins is what it needs.

LilJoka

I just finished my new build.

My 7700K hits 95c during Prime95, is that OK? I have a MasterAir Pro 4 fan on it.

Small FFT with AVX instructions and multi core enhancement - yes.

Make sure the CPU is at 4.2ghz when running prime otherwise you have multi core enhancement enabled which will push extra vcore and 4.5ghz all core turbo.

Everdred

Small FFT with AVX instructions and multi core enhancement - yes.

Make sure the CPU is at 4.2ghz when running prime otherwise you have multi core enhancement enabled which will push extra vcore and 4.5ghz all core turbo.
That was blended test. This is my first time using the program. Looks like my CPU is running 4.5hgz when running either test. How do I prevent that?

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
How's this for you?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($84.50 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Memory: Team - Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 560 2GB PULSE Video Card ($136.00 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.98 @ NCIX)
Total: $600.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-03 02:39 EDT-0400
  • The new Pentium is basically a Core i3 in all but name, but for a lower price.
  • SSD as the only drive. Add the 500GB you have lying around if you need more space.
  • Radeon RX 560 should be good for 1080p60 at medium-high settings in most stuff.
Grab Windows 10 from Play-asia or something and you're good to go.

Looks good.

just a few questions, is the RX 560 better than the RX 460?
Can I somehow drop the total a little bit (Such as getting this RAM instead)? and If i opted for a smaller, cheaper SSD what should I look for in an SSD?

And most importantly can I get a case with a window for a similar price?

Thanks for the help!

Interested in getting a gaming PC by September but i'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of building one.

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8020A2-Desktop-i5-7400-802-11AC/dp/B01NBL8BER/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1496478718&sr=1-2&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289793011

How are the specs for the price? Would this be a decent setup for games such as Destiny 2, Shadow of War, etc.

Recommend me any pre-built PCs if there are any better deals out there, budget is around $700-850.

Mozendo

I heard cryptocurrency is the the hot thing again and AMD cards are once again nearly impossible to find due to demands.

For anyone who's keeping up with this would trading my R9 Fury for a dual/triple fan 1070 be possible? Kinda disappointed in vega.

Jafku

Interested in getting a gaming PC by September but i'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of building one.

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXiVR8020A2-Desktop-i5-7400-802-11AC/dp/B01NBL8BER/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1496478718&sr=1-2&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289793011

How are the specs for the price? Would this be a decent setup for games such as Destiny 2, Shadow of War, etc.

Recommend me any pre-built PCs if there are any better deals out there, budget is around $700-850.
Decent. You could sell that 480 and pick up a 1070

dcx4610

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to mess with RAM speeds? I've got 3200 RAM with a compatible motherboard, and I've managed to get it from a default 2133 to 2667, but I'd like to get it to at least 2933 since I have a Ryzen processor.

I've tried the suggested voltage/times (3200 16-18-18-38 @ 1.35V) but it didn't work.

If it's XMP compatible (most are now), simply go into the BIOS and select the XMP profile. It will automatically set itself to what the RAM is capable of.

LilJoka

If it's XMP compatible (most are now), simply go into the BIOS and select the XMP profile. It will automatically set itself to what the RAM is capable of.

Not so simple on Ryzen since the boards/CPUs cant cope.

Just have to keep bumping the speeds up till you find the maximum, then start tweaking the timings close to XMP.

I actually got a bad Seasonic PSU from Newegg. There really is such a thing as a bad Seasonic. Sigh.

Now I have to send it back. Maybe I'll try the new EVGA Supernova 850 G3. There's a rebate going on that one right now.

Well, i just built one for the first time and it was fun as fuck - and easy.

I keep going back and forth on whether I should build one myself or buy a prebuilt, people keep telling me how easy it is to build a pc, I'm sort of leaning towards building it myself after playing with pcpart-picker for a bit and watching a few youtube videos.

Renekton

I heard cryptocurrency is the the hot thing again and AMD cards are once again nearly impossible to find due to demands.

For anyone who's keeping up with this would trading my R9 Fury for a dual/triple fan 1070 be possible? Kinda disappointed in vega.
I think the demand is for 570/580 and sadly not Fury.

dcx4610

I keep going back and forth on whether I should build one myself or buy a prebuilt, people keep telling me how easy it is to build a pc, I'm sort of leaning towards building it myself after playing with pcpart-picker for a bit and watching a few youtube videos.

Build it to appreciate it. You may or may not have problems doing the build but once you do it once, it gives you a greater understanding of all of the parts involved, what they do and how to troubleshoot when needed. It becomes addicting though. Every few years you'll get the itch.

Charamiwa

Banned
Guys I have a dumb question:

Assuming both monitors are the same size, will 1080p on a 4K screen look better, worse, or the same as on a native 1080p screen? I'm basically trying to find out if a 4k monitor can do both optimally.

dcx4610

Guys I have a dumb question that's probably widely known but since it's weirdly specific I don't know where to find an answer:

Assuming both monitors are the same size, will 1080p on a 4K screen look better, worse, or the same as on a native 1080p screen? I'm basically trying to find out if a 4k monitor can do both optimally.

In theory, 1080p on a 4k display should look indistinguishable or even better than on a 1080p display since it multiples into 2160. That said, it all depends on the upscaler used and most monitors that are out, aren't very good. 1080p content on 4k typically looks a little soft and blurry. 1080p on a native screen is typically going to be superior.

Frostman

Need some opinions on this spec:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/n6JkKZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/n6JkKZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (£190.83 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard (£95.26 @ Alza)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£123.58 @ More Computers)
Storage: PNY - CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£39.47 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card (£379.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.98 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair - CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£65.40 @ Aria PC)
Total: £964.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-03 12:56 BST+0100

Purely used for Gaming and some other general use/multitasking. I have a hardrive I can install already for more storage.

What are your opinions on going with Ryzen? Or should I think about sticking to intel?

Currently gaming at 1080p, looking to stick to 1080/60. In the future I am thinking about trying UW (2560x1080), but I don't know when.

Cheers.

dcx4610

Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/n6JkKZ/by_merchant/

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£123.58 @ More Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card (£379.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair - CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£65.40 @ Aria PC)

Purely used for Gaming and some other general use/multitasking. I have a hardrive I can install already for more storage.

What are your opinions on going with Ryzen? Or should I think about sticking to intel?

Currently gaming at 1080p, looking to stick to 1080/60. In the future I am thinking about trying UW (2560x1080), but I don't know when.

Cheers.

I'd go with Samsung EVO for your SSD over the PNY. Tried, true and reliable. 120GB is fine if you just plan on just using it as your OS and applications drive. The 2nd HD will be needed for your games and media.

Other than that, you should be able to hit 1080/60 easily. There are some newer games that are really CPU demanding and that's where Ryzen suffers. For whatever reason, Ryzen CPUs seem to be behind 20-30fps in a lot of games.

Frostman

I'd go with Samsung EVO for your SSD over the PNY. Tried, true and reliable. 120GB is fine if you just plan on just using it as your OS and applications drive. The 2nd HD will be needed for your games and media.

Other than that, you should be able to hit 1080/60 easily. There are some newer games that are really CPU demanding and that's where Ryzen suffers. For whatever reason, Ryzen CPUs seem to be behind 20-30fps in a lot of games.

Cheers! I've swapped out the PNY for a Samsung Evo, and as you said it's purely for OS, applications and maybe a game depending on size.

Yeah it's proving a hard choice to make regarding the CPU, as I don't know which would fair better in the long run. I suppose I chose the Ryzen in the initial list because I thought that perhaps it would fair better than the Intel equivelant over the next couple of years, but I could be miles off the mark. I also don't know whether I want to cough up the money for an i7.

Thoughts? It's within my budget and would be used mainly for gaming (Destiny 2, SOW, FC4) with some light editing every now and then.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kTvNHN

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($208.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($62.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($93.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: PNY - CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($52.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital - RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($41.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming 8G Video Card ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $791.50

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone know a good low RPM 200mm fan?

The Phanteks 200mm fan just doesn't go low enough and produces more noise than I'd like.

Ideally, I'd like something that can get down to 200mm.

Or can I just use voltage resistance to bring my Phanteks down? I know PWM won't do it...goes to about 600RPM. I'd like to bring that down to 400RPM maybe.

edit: maybe it's time to get a fan control 5.25" bay. My Phanteks Evolv mATX case would be perfect for it, since I just put it in the back.

It's been years since I've actually owned a printer.

We're looking at getting something that we can set up on the network so we can print to it wirelessly. And something not too expensive.

Any recommendations?

xinek

Hi everyone -- I'm looking to do a first build (gaming only, 60fps minimum) and not really sure whether to get parts for enthusiast build etc. I'm thinking of finding a monitor I love and then doing a PC build to drive it at high settings -- does that seem like a reasonable way to set some starting parameters? I haven't played on a PC since the 90s, so I'm really out of touch on what's necessary for an ultra smooth gaming PC and what's hype. I don't have a budget.

It sounds like a 144Hz is pretty desirable for a monitor, but is that only for 100fps higher? Or are there always benefits?

It sounds like FreeSync is great to have?

The ultrawide monitors really look cool -- what's the general consensus? Are they worth it? I think curved TVs are ridiculous, but how about for gaming at a table? Part of the problem is that it seems difficult to find reviews that don't sound sponsored!

I'm eyeing this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1D7JVO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anyway, any advice on the monitors you all love would be most appreciated. I'm looking to start buying probably this month if I can figure out where to start!

Cheers.
Should be able to hit 1080p/60 on most games, might need to turn down some ultra demanding settings, depending on the game.

I'd like to see those benches too. For 1080/60, Ryzen is more than enough for any game. It will only lose like that if you are talking about higher fps, like above 120. A R5 1600 is a fantastic CPU, and anyone considering a i5 should seriously take a look at the R5 instead.

Frostman

I'd like to see those benches too. For 1080/60, Ryzen is more than enough for any game. It will only lose like that if you are talking about higher fps, like above 120. A R5 1600 is a fantastic CPU, and anyone considering a i5 should seriously take a look at the R5 instead.

Yeah from benches I've seen, the differences seem negligible.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hi everyone -- I'm looking to do a first build (gaming only, 60fps minimum) and not really sure whether to get parts for enthusiast build etc. I'm thinking of finding a monitor I love and then doing a PC build to drive it at high settings -- does that seem like a reasonable way to set some starting parameters? I haven't played on a PC since the 90s, so I'm really out of touch on what's necessary for an ultra smooth gaming PC and what's hype. I don't have a budget.

It sounds like a 144Hz is pretty desirable for a monitor, but is that only for 100fps higher? Or are there always benefits?

It sounds like FreeSync is great to have?

The ultrawide monitors really look cool -- what's the general consensus? Are they worth it? I think curved TVs are ridiculous, but how about for gaming at a table? Part of the problem is that it seems difficult to find reviews that don't sound sponsored!

I'm eyeing this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1D7JVO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anyway, any advice on the monitors you all love would be most appreciated. I'm looking to start buying probably this month if I can figure out where to start!

When it comes to monitors these days there are many options to consider.

First up there's the panel type - IPS, TN, or VA, although most are either IPS or TN. TN monitors are generally cheaper and but IPS monitors have better color representation, better viewing angles, and less color shift when looking at a solid color from one part of the screen to another part (for example, an orange background being consistently the same shade across the entire monitor). TN monitors traditionally have had lower input lag and higher refresh rates but modern gaming IPS monitors have pretty much caught up in these areas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNc2fKuVnGU
https://pcmonitors.info/articles/lcd-panel-types-explored/

Then there's the refresh rate. A video is a series of images being shown rapidly on the screen and the refresh rate is how many images or frames the display can show per second. 144hz = display updates 144 times per second. Having a higher refresh rate will make motion look smoother. Some monitors only go to 60hz while others run at 165hz. However, some games (like most fighting games for example) are locked to 60 fps so keep that in mind. There's also the possibility of overclocking a monitor, which means making it run at a higher refresh rate than it comes out of the box, but on my personal monitor I haven't had much luck going much higher than default and would recommend buying a monitor with the intention of running it at the factory supported refresh rates.

Variable refresh rate - this means that instead of the monitor running at a constant steady refresh rate of 120hz for example, it can run at the same refresh rate as the frame rate of the videocard. Meaning that if your videocard is pumping out 107 frames per second then your monitor will display 107 frames in a second and it will adjust in real time to match the video card. AMD's implementation is called FreeSync and Nvidia's implementation is called GSync, and if you have a FreeSync monitor then you'll need an AMD videocard to use variable refresh rate and to use GSync you'll need an nvidia videocard. The benefit of this is that it eliminates screen tearing which can happen if the frame rate and refresh rate are out of sync and can also make frame rates below 60fps seem smoother.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/faq
http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovation...m_freesync&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301
https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-range/

Screen size - the size of the panel

Other features - build quality, matte vs glossy screen, ports & amount of ports, color, design, brand, etc...

Screen resolution & aspect ratio - more pixels means being able to see more detail, but to appreciably tell the difference between resolutions in real world usage you have to factor in the screen size as well. How much of a difference does going from 1440p to 4k make at 27" - you'd want to see both in person yourself to see what you prefer and if it's worth paying more to you. Same goes for ultrawide vs regular monitors - you'd want to see them in person to see which you prefer. I personally like regular monitors over having a monitor so wide and perfer higher resolution over higher refresh rate, but each person will have their own preferences. In general, the bigger the screen then the bigger difference a higher resolution will make.

Since I'm more familiar with the current popular gsync monitors then I'll list some of them, but there are also plenty of freesync monitors available as well:
165hz 1440p IPS Gsync 27":
Acer Predator XB271HU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...r=1&cm_re=acer_ips_27"-_-24-106-004-_-Product
Asus ROG PG279Q: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._re=asus_ips_gsync_27"-_-24-236-660-_-Product

4K 60hz IPS Gsync 27"
Acer Predator XB271HK: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...r=1&cm_re=acer_ips_27"-_-24-009-890-_-Product
Asus ROG PG27AQ: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._re=asus_ips_gsync_27"-_-24-236-677-_-Product

34" 3440x1440 100hz IPS Gsync
Asus ROG PG348Q: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236717
Acer Predator X34: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...69&cm_re=acer_predator-_-24-009-869-_-Product

35" 3440 x 1440 100hz Gsync:
HP Omen X 35: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824276560

27" 4K IPS HDR Gsync 144hz (not out yet)
Asus PG27UQ: http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/01/04/rog-pg27uq-intro/

If possible though I'd try to go to a store like Microcenter and look at some monitors in person to get a feel for what you like.

Celcius

°Temp. member

J3ffro

We're looking at getting something that we can set up on the network so we can print to it wirelessly. And something not too expensive.

Any recommendations?

My wife bought us a Samsung Xpress M2020W about 6 months ago for random print jobs. Setting it up on the network was super easy, and my wife is very...uh...budget conscious so she did a bunch of compare/contrast with other printers. I've barely used it, but it seemed completely fine.

SRG01

Need some advice here: Just saw a used ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX on Kijiji for $640 Canadian. Is that a good buy, or am I better off just getting a new one or even the 1080 Ti at this point of the product cycle?

LQX

Need some advice here: Just saw a used ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX on Kijiji for $640 Canadian. Is that a good buy, or am I better off just getting a new one or even the 1080 Ti at this point of the product cycle?

If anything I would get the 1080 Ti for the resale value. To me the price of the 1080 is trending down.

Any recommendations?

Canon MX922 is under $100 and pretty decent. Works great wirelessly for me.

Canon MX922 is under $100 and pretty decent. Works great wirelessly for me.

My wife bought us a Samsung Xpress M2020W about 6 months ago for random print jobs.

I was gifted one of these for Christmas and have been liking it: https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Envy-4512-All-in-One-Printer-Copier-Scanner/43836777

Those all seem like solid options. Thanks! That Samsung one looks rather nice. Decisions decisions....

Looks like they sold out yesterday but these 1080TIs were on sale on Ebay for $635.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Yes, that is possible.

Well, I checked my CPU and motherboard and could not find any bent pins, but when I put it together again it seems to be working. I am pretty sure I did nothing different with the wires, so I must assume I somehow managed to put the RAM in wrong several times.

Thanks for the help everyone, hopefully it's smooth sailing now. Got Windows installed and everything.

How much value would you put on having an IPS screen over a TN screen given that all other factors are equal? Is it worth the 200-250 EUR premium?

dcx4610

How much value would you put on having an IPS screen over a TN screen given that all other factors are equal? Is it worth the 200-250 EUR premium?

Some TNs are better than others. I went from an Asus TN to a IPS and while I prefer the IPS, it's not mind blowingly different.

If you can go IPS I would but I wouldn't break the bank either unless you can afford. That said, I probably wouldn't go back to TN but I would go VA. You might want to look into some VA panels if you can as I feel they are the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom