• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'I really regret my vote now': The Brexit voters who wish they'd voted to remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

You know what, I will never speak ill of the electoral college again. We don't deserve direct democracy.
Yep. Popular vote alone aint enough. Checks and balances are a must when governing to prevent emotional acts to drastically ruin aa country overnight.

Seems like a silly article. A 1.3 million difference between yes and no. How many people fit this scenario?
1.3 million people converged to Cleveland the in a day to celebrate a championship. Its not as unlikely as you think there could be that many people at once who feel regret.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
the clinically retarded.

giphy.gif

200w.gif

Do these people not know about blank votes?

Apparently hundreds/thousands of people were ringing the electoral office today to change their votes.

Just goes to show what a mess this whole thing was.

This is equally hilarious, because it's not like it matters even if they got to change their vote (presumably all to Remain). I refuse to believe there are more than 650 000 people that voted for the opposite of what they wanted.

Cipherr

If only they put that much thought into it beforehand.

"Didn't think my vote would count."

What a weird way to view it.

It's common though. We see it in the U.S. too. "Oh nothing of note will REALLY change if Trump is elected." or "Oh whoever wins office doesn't really matter.". It's infuriating seeing adults chuck votes with this sort of dismissive mindset when everyone ends up having to pay for it.

Wanderer5

"My vote – I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to remain."

........ -___-

Fucked up thing is the same thing could happen in America for Trump.

the biggest difference is that the UK is 80% White while the US is 60% non-Hispanic White.

it just took that 2% more of Leave voters do dumbly tip the scale over last night.

Trump is going to lose in November

Toparaman

Banned
Same people who voted for Arnie Schwarzenegger in CA, because "lol wouldn't it be funny, not like it's gonna happen anyway lol".

Future

Wow, "Got mine, fuck you". Sounds like a Trump supporter to me.

If the young people didn't stop voting cuz it doesn't matter, or voted opposite of what they want because of the lulz, then her vote would have been cancelled out

Funny how voting works when people actually take it seriously. God I hate young people. And clouds

How representative of the 17.4 million is this really though? There is literally no way of telling, unless you take an actual poll.

Two questions:

What did you vote?
What would you vote on a do-over?

Perhaps they should actually do this but I have a feeling it will be less than some people imagine.

Also, if the vote had gone the other way by a narrow margin, you'd probably see the same comments from the other side.

No you wouldn't.

Only one side was a vote for unnecessary and absurd chaos.

The side that won this stupid thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom