• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was playing the Donkey Konga and Paper Mario 2 demo tonight...

Memles

While it's obvious that the demo is really enchanting people, from a purchase level I really feel like you'd need at least an extra bongo to really keep the game interesting for multiplayer, and that kind of financial commitment isn't something I see myself making.

LakeEarth

AniHawk said:
Except it's not classic Nintendo... it's Namco.

$49.99. It's the only way it comes. $29.99 for extra drums.

Oh okay, sorry.

Only $50? So that'd only come to like $70 Canadian. Oh you better beileve this one's mine!

Soul4ger

Got a chance to play the demo tonight. The Nintendo rep came in yesterday and installed the drum. Also got Pokemon Leaf Green in the GBA, too.

The games are awesome. Even Pikmin 2 had me smiling, and I EXPECT that to be my favorite title this year. Unfortunately, most people around here don't pay much notice. I'd suggest that they check out the cool new games on the GC demo, and I swear to God the five or so times I did, they all went and played Pandora Tomorrow. Not that it's a bad game, mind you...

Memles

LakeEarth said:
Oh okay, sorry.

Only $50? So that'd only come to like $70 Canadian. Oh you better beileve this one's mine!

Future Shop's website has it listed for $60 Canadian, actually...just for a heads up.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Wherehouse.com and a few other online stores have it listed for $30.00...

Yes, I know, they've probably mixed up the game with the drums... but I do intend to take advantage of their mistake while I can.

In the Gamestop computer the drums are listed at $34.99. Pelican is also putting out a drum about a week before the game comes out, but for the same price. I hope this changes closer to release.

cvxfreak

BobbyRobby said:
In the Gamestop computer the drums are listed at $34.99. Pelican is also putting out a drum about a week before the game comes out, but for the same price. I hope this changes closer to release.

Always leave it up to Pelican to make a clone product... yeesh.

GDGF

Soothsayer
TekunoRobby said:
Hah I was rocking out with three old cuban men at a Toys R Us today. Seems like their family went on some huge trip to Toys R Us and they were stuck taking the kids around the toy store. I went with my dad to show him the game since he played the congos when he was younger. They came over while I was playing the Bongo Drums and started singing with 'Oye Come Va' and clapping along with me. Since they were so interested I showed them how to play and we had a great time. I'm telling you old hispanic men fucking own this game.

That sounds funking awesome :)

AniHawk

MaddenNFL64 said:
I'm not so sure about Donkey Konga, but Jungle Beat is going to own.

Teh fur shading :O!

Jungle Beat was pretty fun, and it reminded me a LOT of Yoshi's Island/Story for some reason. I didn't feel like playing DKonga until I played Taiko. I mean, DK just seems so empty- you just bang on drums and match the beats right? Nothing too exciting there. Well, it's so much more fun once you give in and give it a go. I might have really liked it because I wasn't especting much either, but it was really damn addictive, and I mostly played one song the whole time.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I made my friend read this thread, and afterwards he went to TRU and played the demo. Spent about a half hour with it and was almost late to work.

Donkey Konga sales officially +1
Extra Drum sales +3

BuddyC

Mama Smurf said:
How is it compared to Samba de Amigo? I'm not sure I could play a music game if it's not getting on for that level, I'd just want to fire Samba up all the time.

With the exception of dance games. I love that shit.
Samba has a much better soundtrack, and is generally a lot more fun to play. That's not to say Konga is bad by any means. Whilst it can't compete with The King, it is rather fun, moreso than most other music games I've played. Much like Samba, it's easily accessible, greatly adding to its appeal.

The only advantage Konga has over Samba is that it's easier to setup - I don't have the room to keep my maracas out all the time, but I can just throw my Bongos with the rest of my controllers.

Now Jungle Beat, there's something that's on the same plane as Samba. Sure it's a different genre, but it doesn't matter - JB is simply a blast.

Top Bottom