• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idina Menzel confirms Frozen 2 in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...he-sequel-is-happening-says-Idina-Menzel.html

Frozen 2 is on its way, according to Idina Menzel, the star who voices Elsa.
After months of speculation about a sequel to the Disney hit, Menzel appeared to confirm that a second feature-length film is planned.

Asked in a Telegraph interview what she could say about rumours of a sequel and a stage musical - in addition to a six-minute short due to show in cinemas this Christmas - Menzel said: “That they’re all in the works."

This is kinda unusual considering that most Disney film sequels have been direct to video and not been released to theaters.

jwk94

Frozen 2 is on its way, according to Idina Menzel, the star who voices Elsa.
After months of speculation about a sequel to the Disney hit, Menzel appeared to confirm that a second feature-length film is planned.
I hate when articles do this crap

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I mean it grossed 1 billion do you not expect FROZEN 2

Well anyway I consider the crap going on "ONCE UPON A TIME" Frozen 2 anyway

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Where can you possibly go with the story? The first movie was a mess, plot wise, but at least it didn't tease a sequel.

I guess the positive is that the sequel will likely focus more on Elsa, and not Anna.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
What? This seems really weird, Disney has never made a threatical sequel to one of their animated features except Winnie the Pooh and The Rescuers. Especially since Frozen ended pretty great.

Gibbo

I usually balk at the idea of sequels for animated movies- but How to Train your Dragon 2 has proven me wrong

Yeah this is the first true sequel by the Feature Animation department since Rescuers Down Under, yeah they did Pooh but that was... weird, hell the original Pooh was made as shorts, not a feature film.

So where the fuck were they when Lion King killed it and they left the sequel to Disney Toon Studios? Yeah I'm not downplaying their post TLK movies like Hunchback, Hercules, and the like, but FUCK The Lion King is my all-time fav film and it's sad that it didn't get the sequel it truly deserved. Even if I do like TLK2 and to a lesser extent 1 1/2.

Chao

I'm in Tokio at the moment, and the first thing I saw when I switched on the hotel TV was a Toyota (I think it was Toyota) commercial with "Let it go" as the background music.

There's Frozen merchandise everywhere you go here (that and youkai watch of course)
It is THAT big.

Not

Banned
Where can you possibly go with the story? The first movie was a mess, plot wise, but at least it didn't tease a sequel.

I guess the positive is that the sequel will likely focus more on Elsa, and not Anna.

Hope it doesn't become cool (harharhar whoops) to hate on Frozen. While not a great movie, it's definitely a good one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hope it doesn't become cool (harharhar whoops) to hate on Frozen. While not a great movie, it's definitely a good one.

I didn't hate it. I just thought it was very sloppy. Especially compared to Disney's previous two films. "Wreck it Ralph" was amazing, and "Tangled" is all around a better film than Frozen.

Forkball

Disney is going to turn Frozen into a cinematic universe.

Frozen
Olaf: The First Snowman
Frozen 2: Age of Elsa
Kristoff: The Winter Soldier
Frozen 3 Part I: The Cold War

Why? I understand that it would make money, but there's no need for a sequel.

You've answered your own question.

I personally don't understand the hoopla over the movie. It's like there is some type of Illuminati message encoded into it that zaps the minds of people.
Or everyone is secretly thinking about Elsa and Anna naked. Either one is equally plausible to me

Monocle

I'm down with this if they somehow manage to come up with a decent plot.

Elsa has to repel an invasion by the Fire Nation.

The backlash is already strong. It's popular so it sucks or something. But whatever, great film.

Frozen 2: Global Meltdown

3905301_o.gif

Not

Banned
I didn't hate it. I just thought it was very sloppy. Especially compared to Disney's previous two films. "Wreck it Ralph" was amazing, and "Tangled" is all around a better film than Frozen.

I mean, I liked all of those movies better, and now Big Hero 6 is my fave of the four (even with the minor plot issues that has)

Frozen still should get a pass IMO

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Once Upon a time is basically frozen 2 right now people

royalan

Carry On! Carry Onnnnn!
Milk the ever-living-crud out of Thhhhiiiiiiissss!

Carry On! Carry Onnnnn!
Don't let it go for Shhiiiiittt!

FLAguy954

I usually balk at the idea of sequels for animated movies- but How to Train your Dragon 2 has proven me wrong

How to Train your Dragon 2 wasa Dreamworks movie, and Dreamworks simply makes better animated movies (in the past 12 years anyways).

HeelPower

Would love disney to try making adult themed movies like Pocahontas and Hunchback in 3D.

Probably highly unlikely since these movies aren't generally beloved by the average Disney viewer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom