• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idina Menzel confirms Frozen 2 in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Hope it doesn't become cool (harharhar whoops) to hate on Frozen. While not a great movie, it's definitely a good one.

I liked Frozen but there's no denying it was a mess plot wise, there's a lot that feels like leftovers from previous versions, there are quite a few odd scenes and tonal shifts throughout the movie.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I liked Frozen but there's no denying it was a mess plot wise, there's a lot that feels like leftovers from previous versions, there are quite a few odd scenes and tonal shifts throughout the movie.

Oh please you are just a hater /s

RetroMG

Elsa and Anna meet the Snow Queen please. And not the Once Upon a Time version where she's their aunt either.

I had no idea that this was going on in OUAT, (I quit watching forever ago,) but it seems like a decent enough story for a sequel.

Not doing a sequel would be better, but c'mon, this is going to make a bajillion dollars even if it's awful.

kirby_fox

Banned
Just when you thought everyone singing Let It Go was over, comes a new film that will make your ears bleed money. Frozen 2: Meet Your Ice Age. Follow Elsa and that other chick no one cares about, as they follow a plot outlined with a song every five minutes your kids, uncles, aunts and everyone in the world will try to cover on YouTube horribly.

Follow the enchanting tale as Elsa and the rest meet new characters your kids will want stuffed animals of next Xmas- because was timed the release of the movie and DVD so you can't ever forget about the fact this movie exists. Ever.

Frozen 2: Meet Your Ice Age. Coming to theaters literally as fast as we can make it so we don't lose out on this opportunity.

LaNaranja

I hope Big Hero 6 gets a big screen sequel too. That movie actually left the door wide open for future installments. Then again so did The Incredibles (yes it's Pixar but still) and that was 10 years ago.

Violet_0

Banned
I don't have high expectations

Wreck-It Ralph 2 would have been neat and that movie actually has some genuinely emotional moments

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I hope Big Hero 6 gets a big screen sequel too. That movie actually left the door wide open for future installments. Then again so did The Incredibles (yes it's Pixar but still) and that was 10 years ago.

Frozen and Incredibles didnt need sequels in the way I think Big Hero 6 does.

Dice//

Banned

Yeah, that was my biggest criticism as well.
I cringed a bit when "Love Experts" came up as a contrived attempt to get the main twosome to talk about 'luv' and bring it up again somehow.
There's also the song the troll people sing going from the most uplifting/funny song to Anna getting a very sudden and painful case of the chills..

That said, I'd love another movie and have 0 reason against more of the Frozen World

Jigorath

Banned
So between Frozen, Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel, Disney is basically going to be able to control an entire generation of kids. Thank God they don't have Harry Potter or they could take over the whole world.

brian577

Banned
Not a good sign. Aside from one fluke (The Rescuers Down Under and it helped that the original was mediocre) Disney sucks at sequels. With the exception of the above I can't think of one sequel, live or animation, that was better than the original. This movie can only disappoint.

Hmm interesting, I felt Frozen ended perfectly. Let's see what Disney will be able to bring to the table in the sequel since most of their sequels are meh.

Bold One

It's a competent film, but by god it has to be the most overrated film I can remember in the last decade. It had one good song, Mulan was way better.

Soriku

Not a good sign. Aside from one fluke (The Rescuers Down Under and it helped that the original was mediocre) Disney sucks at sequels. With the exception of the above I can't think of one sequel, live or animation, that was better than the original. This movie can only disappoint.

Frozen 1 isn't very good, so they can only go up...I think.

.GqueB.

Banned
Saw Frozen for the first time fairly recently. Asked my little cousin if she had seen it and she basically laughed in my face. Forgot how's big of a deal it was, lol. Not surprised it's getting a sequel.

They let Brad Bird decide when or if he wanted to make a sequel, and it took him 10 years to say yes. I consider that more of a special circumstance (i.e. if I were just up to Pixar we'd have had Incredibles 2 a long time ago), seeing as we already have 3 Toy Story movies, 2 Monsters movies, 2 Cars movies, and are about to get the Finding Nemo sequel.

Anna and Cristoph are solid characters but I don't think they have much more going for them. eh whatever its all the songs anyway

A-V-B

does frozen 2 even need to be confirmed? frozen 1 made a billion dollars, it's as important as star wars and guardians of the galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom