• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could have one remake...... LIST IT HERE!

The first Persona desperately needs one, as it is, even the PSP version is very tedious. The game play is just very simple and there is very little animation. The stories there are good though and could really use a modern version.

vx4vXJ4.png

playXray

-No pink/purple haired liberal snowflakes virtue signaling in the games
-No day one DLC
-No multiple pages of legal crap I have to cycle through before I even play the game
-No day 1 glitches, bugs, patches, etc. Just like Nintendo, you turn the game on and it works.

Even with all the crap above I would eat a live frog to get a remake of Morrowind or Deus Ex.

JCK75

My dream game would be the original Hidden and Dangerous remade with modern graphics and controls with a lot of polish and no jank..

Banjo64

cumsessed
There’s only one remake I’m actually remotely interested in.

Zelda II.

I’m happy to play something like LTTP no problem. But Zelda II just looks dog rough.

I’d love for them to give it the Link’s Awakening graphically overhaul but also to change the combat. I think a 2D side scrolling Zelda could have insane potential.

MacReady13

The PS1 versions of Doom and Final Doom with the updated lighting effects, sound effects and amazing Aubrey Hodges soundtracks. We got it with the N64 version of Quake, so why not these versions???

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Battlezone_Coverart.png

One of my childhood favorites. First person mix of RTS and vehicle combat. Fighting in hover tanks against communists and then aliens on the Moon, Mars, and across the solar system. There’s an entire genre here that never took off.
Battlezone gold is as close as we'll get I'm afraid.

Kindjal

SJPlLgZ.jpeg

Not some shitty loot box infested shell of game that doesn't even have good loot or mags, but the original online 3D diablo style game.

So much darker than what ever the hell PSU and PSO2 was. Using modern tech would really bring some of the environments to life and make them as disturbing as I remember them.

It would require modern SEGA to not overmonitise and force in things they can charge for, which is impossible, but a man can dream.
This was my choice too.
Just give me current graphics and at least 60 FPS and you can leave the rest just as it is.
I started playing again in Ephinea a couple of weeks ago and it is just as good as I remembered it from when I first played it on DC.

simpatico

Gold Member
Has there ever been a good remake? I was thinking about this the other night and coming up with very few clear cut "good remakes". The track record is so spotty I don't really want to tempt fate with any of my precious favorites.

Comandr

sEZMDGk.jpeg

If ever there was a game that deserved a second shot at life, it’s this one. The excellent writing, charming characters, the only real negative I have to say about the game is the decision the player has to make and the subsequent endings are unsatisfying. Great opportunity to fix that.

Akuji

Starcraft BroodWar remastered is essentially perfect so thats good.
Now my 2nd pick would go to Secret of Mana, a modern 2d pixxelart remake, not the 3d they gave us.
With gameplay overhaul making it deeper. Gameplay was fine but magic with its 100% slowdown etc was to powerfull.
Artstyle like Sea of Stars please.

Any of these:

Chrono Trigger

Madden 2005 for all current consoles. More arcadey than todays games. More fun too!

Full House Poker

Luigi Mansion 1 open world

Zelda Link to the Past

Zelda OoT

Metal Gear Solid 1

Goldeneye (again)

1080 Snowboarding

Cool Boarders

Twisted Metal

FFVII (again, this time turned based)

Rally Sport Challenge 2 or Project Gotham Racing 2

Motorstorm

Ridge Racer 4 or Ridge Racer

Darkstalkers

Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate

ICO

Blue Dragon

1v100

Closer

Hear me out
R2GEXJ.png

Remake this. Fix the combat, don't touch the story. Update visuals without taking out the atmosphere.

I want to feel feels again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom