• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Concord Players Are Jumping Off Cliffs In-Game as They Desperately Grind for the Platinum Trophy Before Shutdown

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
WX5D0vB.png

Sony’s shock announcement of Concord’s shutdown just two weeks after it went on sale has sent its remaining players into overdrive as they desperately try to secure its Platinum trophy before it’s too late.

Soon after that announcement, reports indicated that Concord players were throwing Rivalry matches in a bid to earn experience points as fast as possible. Rivalry mode sees two teams of five players battle for dominance across best-of-seven single-life rounds. At least, that’s how it’s supposed to work. Now, players are starting a match and immediately running off a platform to their doom, resulting in a win for the opposing team and the end of the round.
Rivalry matches are the perfect choice for this tactic. Win or lose, it rewards players with more experience points than other game modes. And because it’s the best-of-seven single-life rounds, as long as the whole team gets in on the act and each round takes about 30 seconds, you can finish a match in just a few minutes — again, as long as all players follow suit and you lose or win four matches in a row.

Thus, this is the quickest way to earn experience points in Concord, and thus the quickest way to earn that Platinum trophy (you need to get to reputation level 100, which takes hundreds of thousands of XP), with just two days left before the game shuts down. But be warned: your win percentage will take a hit if you keep deliberately losing. Still, that might not be much of a concern given Concord’s impending doom.

IGN has verified that Rivalry matches are currently being played out in this fashion. The race, it seems, is very much on.

Some Concord players are saying there’s not enough time to grind to the Platinum trophy, so it might escape them. Others are holding out hope that Concord returns in free-to-play form, although there’s no guarantee it will return at all. As a result, the Concord Platinum trophy may go down as one of the rarest in PlayStation history.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Ah yes, but the terrible gamers you should be aware of and stay very away from are those with a brain and some taste in chara design, instead. Definitely not these people who are wasting their time on this earth doing retarded things to chase an award for a game nobody will remember for anything else than its spectacular failure. And no, getting that plat will not get you laid, you synapse-lacking morons.

dotnotbot

The trophies are more than likely going to get removed with the game, what a waste of time

Why would they be? I don't know of any game that has had it's achievements/trophies removed from profiles after it has been shutdown/delisted.

This will probably be the rarest, no longer obtainable, platinum trophy out there.

Even games that were cancelled before release like NBA Elite 11 never got their trophy lists removed:

Even some test trophy lists with close to 0 owners stay forever on their servers:

Sony never did that before. What Concord devs can do though is change requirements for trophies (happened for Rocket League recently) or remove some of them from the list (for example Max Payne 1 had one trophy removed just before release).

Last edited:

Mownoc

Have you ever heard of a game costing 100 million dollars being shutdown after two weeks? Exactly
What kind of logic is that lmao. A game getting shutdown because no one plays it happens all the time, but never this quickly. A games trophies/achievements being removed because it's been shutdown has never happened and there's no reason to do so.

Last edited:
Why would they be? I don't know of any game that has had it's achievements/trophies removed from profiles after it has been shutdown/delisted.

This will probably be the rarest, no longer obtainable, platinum trophy out there.
I think because of the refund, not the shutdown.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I've never understood the fascination people have with trophies or achievements. I mean do what you want but it seems silly to me. What you gonna do? Brag about how good your trophy collection is :messenger_smirking: (and make yourself look like a loser)? Or look at it and think yeah I'm such a good gamer! :messenger_sunglasses:

Whenever I get a pop up saying I've done something noteworthy I get annoyed and seeing them in my profile is just a waste of space.

And of all the games... you want Concord trophies? I'd be embarrassed to have that game in my library or on my profile. But then I'm not the kind of person who this game appeals to (and neither are most people) and the game will be killed off soon enough so you could go to all that hard work and not have anything to show for it lol.

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
We should all agree to never name anything with Concord in it again. First the plane and now the game = dead.

That Mario game has a lot to prove now lol.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The joke is people where doing this before the shutdown, it was in the subreddit like 4 days ago.

Just now there all doing it because there's no other way to grind out 100 account level just by playing.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ign gave concord a 7/10 the game is good to a certain extent what is the deal with the internet, what do they want? How about unreal tournament? Oh last of us 3 with online multiplayer? There’s a ton of options.

StueyDuck

Top Bottom