• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMDB has a 'Top 250 TV Shows' list

Status
Not open for further replies.
215. The Big Bang Theory (2007)
225. The Adventures of Pete & Pete (1992)
231. The Wonder Years (1988)

A_JiQdhCEAAnBIi.png

Similar to Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB is just a popularity site. Sure, some are good shows but then you're stuck with Attack of Titan and other dumb animes that are popular and generally not quality works.

Top 250 movies is more solid but is mis-ordered (as many would agree). Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality. Look at the big movies of the year and you will see that. Also, look at the big animes of the year.

Jonm1010

Banned
I rarely say it but this list is all kinds of bad. So much wrong. In so many places.

Number 1 is fine but that is about it.

Linus

Neo Member
I find the top 250 movies list very useful but for some reason I've found the ratings of TV shows to be very high in comparison and I think it's because fans tend to obsess a little more and become attached resulting in losing their rational judgment.

Frog-fu

Banned
Who else never includes anime or cartoons in discussions about TV shows?

Also, lmao at GoT and BB that high on the list.

I think there's some sort of cutoff where if there aren't enough user reviews (guessing 5000+), it doesn't make the list even if its score is high

Parch

Extremely biased towards recent shows from the last couple of decades, but that's not surprising.

I wouldn't put a lot of worry into the order. How much "better" is a show rated 0.1 differently. Or even a 1.0 difference. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I like the list. There's a few shows on there that I never really thought much about but now I might check them out.

#1 is definitely correct.

MST3K should be higher than 85. Such a revolutionary and amazing show.

Cowboy Bebop at 24 is pretty awesome :).

Extremely biased towards recent shows from the last couple of decades, but that's not surprising.

I wouldn't put a lot of worry into the order. How much "better" is a show rated 0.1 differently. Or even a 1.0 difference. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I like the list. There's a few shows on there that I never really thought much about but now I might check them out.

Quality, dramatic television only really began in the 80s+

A few exceptions before that though.

Breaking Bad, GoT, and Sherlock are way too high. Seinfeld is too low.
Also, Breaking Bad and GoT higher than The Wire is shameful.

Rich!

Dexter is higher than Blackadder, The Simpsons, Father Ted, Fawlty Towers and 24

What the fuck

Edit: oops, Simpsons is higher. But still

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Arrested Development being that high. A quarter of the show (the entire last season) was absolute trash.

I just counted, and I have seen 92 shows on that list. I feel bad.

But this thing is really bad. According to this, TBBT is good comedy and shows like Deep Space Nine, B5, The Americans, etc. are nowhere to be found. User ratings can be straight garbage, just look at the Nolan movies

Parch

Star Trek TNG at 106? Star Trek TOS in the 200's? Are they taking the piss?
Whenever something gets mainstream popular there's always going to be dicks who will give it a 0.0 just because they think it's cool to be a rebel.

It's like Metacritic games. User ratings are worthless.

marrec

Banned
List is too heavily weighted to current running TV shows.

And Futurama being at 121 is ludicrous. *flips table*

Brakke

Banned
Solid top run. They forgot to include any shows about women tho. 🙅

Stopped reading at Attack On Titan lmao what are you doing putting trash on a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom