• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising |OT| Gods and Monsters and Callistos, Oh My

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
vwax0QI.png

Platforms (everything, basically):
JaHPvOI.png

PC PC
PlayStation 4 PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5
Xbox One Xbox One
Xbox Series X Xbox Series X
Switch Switch
Stadia Stadia

Price:
$59.99

Editions:
wf09OYi.png

lVGo62f.png

RiaISGS.png

Reviews:
Thanks J JORMBO

Trailers:
Launch Trailer

Deep Dive

Post-Launch and Season Pass

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't expecting to like this game, but been watching it on streams to get a feel for it and it looks really fun actually. I can definitely see some Zelda in it, but that's not a bad thing at all. I've always wanted to play that, but I don't have a Switch. I'll probably pick this up when it's a bit cheaper. I enjoy the art style, and it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Still prefer the name Gods & Monsters though, shame they weren't able to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenpachii

Didn't know what to pick the gold edition seemed a bit steep on price as it was a bit more then what i paid for with ac valhalla, but as i love those games and specifically mythology and love botw this just seems like a no brainer. The DLC china and greek part also seem interesting and puzzles everywhere is exactly what i want to have. So lets just go the full mile anyway. And after all i got some more money to blow on games for the simple fact i can't get my hands on any gpu anyway for the upcoming time so why not.

Also i love there 20% discount 100 uplay coins system.

8a2cb7d7ba61c73c7d2670e67f8800a4.png

Let's go.

Also game is only 30gb it seems so, pretty small which is nice.

0bfb60052773b7c239f46bb5ba676c02.png

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Played it for 5 hours today will continou tommorow.

So far:

• Game is incredible demanding on highest setting drops to low 60's constantly.
  • Game is visually amazing really.
  • I like the humor as it basically departs from odyssey on this front.
  • Lots of magical stuff happening and lots of puzzles so far really like them
  • Currently gold edition is bugged it seems like, no armor or extra qeust is delivered probably will get fixed tomorrow i guess.
  • combat so far is interesting and better then zelda or assassin creed for that matter so far.
  • Skill upgrades also seem interesting unlike valhalla which really didn't had much to offer on this front.
  • God tier menu music
  • main character u can make yourself completely and tailor and frankly i like my main character.
  • I also like the guys talking the background to fill in story and move with you.
  • Game basically runs on odyssey engine.
  • voice acting good so far.
  • Story solid nothing special so far tho.
  • really like the mount and how it summons sadly mount is a bit slow, but maybe its upgradable.

Things i got issue's with so far.

- map wish u could zoom in more.
- incredible confused by all the icons and stuff u can pick up
- map has to much clutter with icons luckely u can turn them off so its not much a issue, but rather had a more like ac map style.

Every corner u turn your arse around there is something going on, so the world feels far from death.

Conclusion.

Like it so far, will see how it keeps up.

Here's a few screenshots i made

GaEtG8V.jpg

fI0g2OD.jpg

9MhK26d.jpg

Rwti0mQ.jpg

NsPoeWS.jpg

7CaXIid.jpg

qCOgN2P.jpg

wPbLR85.jpg

sjTWQwK.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying it on PC. SimplyGames only got 50% of their deliveries in for the game, so shipped it out late (today) so not arriving until tomorrow or Saturday.

I've been playing it on PC where it has cloud saves. Anyone know if you can transfer them between PC and PS5?

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Very fun. Glad I bought this. I don't mind it copying stuff from great games if it results in something this fun.

Had one little bug: all of a sudden the voice acting was gone, to never return. Only noticed it when there was a cutscene. Even the subtitles disappeared. Exiting and restarting fixed it, though. Ps5 version.

Kreen101

How quickly do Ubisoft games like this usually drop in price? I'm interested in the game but not at full price. I know that Nintendo's own games never drop in price, but what about Ubisoft's?

Nester99

Anyone else getting a ton of crashes via UBI+ version on PC?

5 in my first hour. on VERY HIGH and HIGH settings. Using a 2070 and R7 3700X so should be fine.

Its a resource hog for sure.

First hour was fun even with the exception of the crashing.

DjMystix

Played 2 hours on PS5 and loving it. And I am coming from playing and completing Watchdogs and Valhalla back to back. And yet it still feels fresh and so much fun to play.

You can safely call it a Botw clone but it does a lot of stuff much much better dare I say. I got really frustrated with Botw's Divine Beast navigation, ultra fragile weapons and so far, I don't see that in this game (granted I just started) but the combat is so much fun!

The loading on PS5 is pretty good, 2-3 seconds to vault and 5-6 seconds back to open world. Looking forward to playing more of this.

DjMystix

You guys like the attack buttons being on the shoulders? I'm changing that as soon as i see the title screen.

Yes. it is the same all recent AC games. They "borrowed" this idea from FROM SOFTWARE games I think and it does work well. There are two attacks, R1 for sword and R2 for Axe. I don't recommend changing that. R1 + L1 is parry so there's that. and it is easier to dodge with face buttons when the attacks are on shoulder.

Anyone else getting a ton of crashes via UBI+ version on PC?

5 in my first hour. on VERY HIGH and HIGH settings. Using a 2070 and R7 3700X so should be fine.

Its a resource hog for sure.

First hour was fun even with the exception of the crashing.

Its definitely some kinks

My Ubi+ subscription is paid up for example and it kept telling me itwas expired when I tried to launch it on PC - but all my other ubi games were booting up just fine. I logged out and logged in like 3 times and it worked :messenger_tears_of_joy:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Despite the prettier graphics on PC and consoles, I opted for the Switch version of the game since I typically have a few extra hours every day to play on the Switch.

We'll see how it goes. Considering the cross-save abilities, I might end up double-dipping on the Xbox for playing at home with a better setup.

Despite the prettier graphics on PC and consoles, I opted for the Switch version of the game since I typically have a few extra hours every day to play on the Switch.

We'll see how it goes. Considering the cross-save abilities, I might end up double-dipping on the Xbox for playing at home with a better setup.
Let me know how this plays, just picked it up for the pc but would like to grab it on switch as well if things are running smoothly

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I'm over 100 hours into Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and really just bored with the game...so much so that I've even started skipping through dialogue scenes as quickly as possible.

I'm probably going to get this today- It just looks so much more charming. :)

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Feels stiff or something and jumping feels like you weigh 500 pounds. Not feeling the controls at this point and it runs fairly bad on the 2080ti
In case the in game tips didn't tell you, you can hold jump button to jump higher. You can also change that to just press the button, making it feel like moon walk...

ManaByte

Love this game. Ubi's best new IP since the original AC.

I don't know what the reviewers were on when they complained about the humor, I LOL'ed at the Ms. Cleo joke and loved how they poked fun at Assassin's Creed waiting 5 hours into the game to show the title screen.

jshackles

OK finally got the game installed and played it for the first hour (Switch version). Game seems pretty good so far. The customization options for the character creator were a bit limited I felt, but it's fun that Zeus comments on anything you change. In fact, a lot of stuff in this game is just kinda... fun.

As for the Switch version specifically - it's okay but it's pretty obvious that the textures have been downscaled for this release, and the draw distance is obviously horrible. Button inputs / timings seem really good and precise though.

iorek21

I want to play this, but I feel so burned with AC Valhalla that I'm a little cautious.

For those who played both, what are your thoughts? Does it feel like two different experiences?

jshackles

I want to play this, but I feel so burned with AC Valhalla that I'm a little cautious.

For those who played both, what are your thoughts? Does it feel like two different experiences?
So far it feels like the only thing the same is the combat and the fact that both are open world games.

I suppose it depends on why exactly you feel burned out with Valhalla.

iorek21

So far it feels like the only thing the same is the combat and the fact that both are open world games.

I suppose it depends on why exactly you feel burned out with Valhalla.

My biggest problem with Valhalla is that I think it is too damn long, the game just drags on and on.

jshackles

My biggest problem with Valhalla is that I think it is too damn long, the game just drags on and on.
I've heard similar complaints about this game in the reviews, unfortunately

However, lots of reviewers have said that if you focus on the main story you're looking at right around 25 hours, so it seems like the people who are reporting longer playtimes are actually enjoying themselves and engaging in the side content even though they're not forced to.

Top Bottom