• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Dineren

Banned
platypotamus said:
!!

How did you put your address in? Did it actually display on the site as County, USA or whatever? Rather than City, State?

I'm so ready to order this now that someone got it (probably sold out at Gamebasement now...)

I put my actual county under county and my city under town. I think my address showed up as something like 100 Main St, County Name, City Name, State Zip. I checked on their site and I guess it'll let you use a blank space for county which might be better. I ordered it day one and just got it, so it takes awhile. I think they have a paid shipping option that allows tracking, might be a good idea to do that if you're worried.

Oxx

Damn, I didn't even see that GB had a thread dedicated to their incompetence.

It has been 31 days since they apparently shipped my copy. I've asked them for a refund, but we'll have to wait and see.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oxx said:
Damn, I didn't even see that GB had a thread dedicated to their incompetence.

It has been 31 days since they apparently shipped my copy. I've asked them for a refund, but we'll have to wait and see.
Something big happened yesterday morning, I finally brought them before my knees (and to their knees). I've been fucking hardcore with this matter :p kinda proud of myself, after being rightfully ashamed to have dealt with such scammers in the first place just because of a videogame like I was a chubby kid trying to reach for the cookie jar.
More details later/tomorrow.
One thing stands: stay the fuck away from Game Basement guys.

john tv

Dash Kappei said:
Something big happened yesterday morning, I finally brought them before my knees (and to their knees). I've been fucking hardcore with this matter :p kinda proud of myself, after being rightfully ashamed to have dealt with such scammers in the first place just because of a videogame like I was a chubby kid trying to reach for the cookie jar.
Tell us more. :)

Dash Kappei said:

Nice one! Can't wait to hear more ;)

slaughterking said:
It seems he's one of the "secret" characters: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25826634&postcount=386

And yeah, that should be a girl. She is remarkably boy-ish, though. Not to say...flat. :p
http://666kb.com/i/br8falxuxz8cpstp3.jpg

In the spanish anime dub he has a boys voice :lol

squall23 said:
ALL IE2 characters have been confirmed to be in the Europe version of IE1 with their moves! The only matter right now is actually unlocking the data for them to be usable. Can't wait to use Fubuki and Tsunami.

BUT HOW!?
Does that means they are planning to bring Inazuma Eleven 2 here?

Wizpig

SpacePirate Ridley said:
BUT HOW!?
Does that means they are planning to bring Inazuma Eleven 2 here?
Could it mean that they DON'T plan to bring Inazuma 2 here, but wanted to make the fans happy with some new characters, and they will unlock those in Inazuma 1 via WiFi Connection?

Wizpig said:
Could it mean that they DON'T plan to bring Inazuma 2 here, but wanted to make the fans happy with some new characters, and they will unlock those in Inazuma 1 via WiFi Connection?
It gives them that option too. Given the battles play out like IE2 its possible they've put the characters in for link battle purposes but could fall back to what you said.

Wizpig

squall23 said:
Team Kanon, Mamoru's grandson's team from the future
confirmed to also be in IE1 Europe version.
This doesn't make any sense, there shouldn't be all these Inazuma 2-3 characters if they really wanted to bring those games here.

It'd be "spoilers".

I still hope i'm wrong about the WFC thing.

Dash Kappei

john tv said:
Tell us more. :)

Eh, it's been a long, and infuriating, 45 days of battle against those passive resistance pricks, thank god I won't have to waste my time like this anymore.
Basically I've gathered a couple of friends from a forum who had been screwed as well, then with all the informations, all my emails and my recepits plus those of my friends, I've contacted Visa for chargeback, ISIS to report GB as well as UK's Office of Fair Trading.
After fifteen days of work with ISIS and faxes to my Visa issuer, I've got a call from GB...  first they refused to aknowledge who I was talking to from GB, then they told me all kind of bullshit to drop the thing immediately, and I've confronted them point per point on each and every of their poor excuses and outright lies... And they just hang up on me and put the answer machine on all day (hahahah, shameless)
So I went ahead with the Visa chargeback process.
Four days ago I've been contacted by my VISA issuer to tell me they had registered a refund to me from GB for part of the money they owed me and asked me if I still wanted to proceed for the rest of the money.
A day later this thing on the pic showed up on my mailbox, and today my friends got one too:
-
inazumafightyourbattles.jpg

-

KO, PERFECT, I WIN!

:>

Wizpig

Dash, I didn't follow the whole story, but why didn't you buy the Italian version instead of going trough this mess? o_O

Dash Kappei

Wizpig said:
Dash, I didn't follow the whole story, but why didn't you buy the Italian version instead of going trough this mess? o_O
Because I'm a spoiled brat? :p
I had the preorder on Amazon.it when it was delayed to the week after, so I decided it was a clear sign (lol) I had to buy the game in english as I usually do; since JustAnotherOtaku (iirc) was lucky enough to receive his copy from GB I didn't think twice about placing my order there.
I can see how NOE/it localization are of high quality, but I kinda despise their sugarsweet approach (oh god Zelda TWW) and always play my games in english, the only one I could enjoy from NOE/it was Sunshine's.

Thanks for the support guys :)
Oxx, I know there are still people without the game so you're not the only one, but I just want to let you know that they're just witholding it from you since as soon as the shit hit the fan I had the game in my hands in three days tops. Dunno where are you based but if you don't receive it by this week I'd say it's looking bleak :(

Oxx said:
Congrats.

Am I the only one who hasn't received a copy of the game yet?

Me, but I haven't ordered one yet either, since GB didn't seem to work out for you guys, and I didn't trust them to get the game to the USA

Wizpig

Since I didn't care much about the actual plot of Inazuma i bought the Italian version without thinking twice.

Translation is pretty damn good, by the way, as usual... though i can see where you are coming from when you say sugarsweet.

The perfect example is Paper Mario 2 on the GC.

Dash Kappei

Exactly, spot on on Paper Mario TTYD.
Btw, I'm gonna start the game tomorrow after lunch or before dinner, any advice before I go in?

squall23

Wizpig said:
This doesn't make any sense, there shouldn't be all these Inazuma 2-3 characters if they really wanted to bring those games here.

It'd be "spoilers".

I still hope i'm wrong about the WFC thing.
Well, to be fair, it's not really a spoiler if the character doesn't have any, well, character. In this game, they're just data, with no background to them whatsoever.

At first, I thought it was just some guy's smart idea of taking IE2 and 3 character data and importing it into IE1. But that's impossible because in IE2 and 3, the characters get upgrades of moves, which don't exist in IE1.

Now the question becomes whether IE1 Europe has all the IE2 combo moves.

goober

Been playing this game casually and it's fun! How do you unlock those characters mentioned? Only through WiFi updates?

depward

Crazypanda_85 said:
I'm still looking for an English copy of this game but sadly, most sites are sold out :( Anyone have any ideas of sites to check out?

I've been checking Ebay. Unfortunately, they're going for quite a bit (upwards of +$60) and I wouldn't like to pay that:/

Wizpig

goober said:
Been playing this game casually and it's fun! How do you unlock those characters mentioned? Only through WiFi updates?
No.

Right now, you can unlock some items (only one, actually -_-) and new characters, but these new WiFi characters are random and common. (i will find different ones than you every week)

Xater

well I bought a 3DS and remembered that I can now play Inazuma Eleven and 999. So I just picked up IE and fuck me that German intro song is awful.

Xater

I played through the first chapter now and this game is great. I am totally in love with this weird concept already. Boy do I hope we get the other games translated as well, or at least the new 3DS title.

PumpkinPie said:
This is fucking ridiculous, FOOTBALL the sport of Europe and this game gets a limited release!
"Its not a game of football its a game of an animated cartoon series that happens to be about football...and like anything based off an IP it has zero appeal outside of fans of the IP but given its not out in England no English release erm not sure, why did we translate it into English then?"

Well I imagine thats the Bean Counters thoughts on it anyway. That reminds me, I need to send another e-mail to Codestorm as I can't seem to find the game on Nintendo.co.uk at all now (which is odd as other mainland Europe only stuff like the English Training games do show up) which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence over the game ever coming out (not that I'm sure I'm interested anymore, NOE are good at this...wearing me out rather than releasing games). I wonder if NOE actually care how many sales are literilly walking out by thier stance of "cartoon or bust, if we have an idea of when cartoon will happen we're not saying" when it should be "let's try it from a different angle, its by the creators of professor layton etc...".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm starting to lose hope that this will ever come to the UK. I think with the 3DS out, Level-5's growing desire to self-publish in the West plus NoE's usual incompetence, the game will be left as a mainland curio. This franchise could have been huge. Hopefully any new games will receive better treatment.

UK version released on 26th August

Japanese sales success Inazuma Eleven will hit UK shelves on August 26th, three years after its original release.

It’s an RPG-style football game for DS with over-the-top moves and over 1,000 in-game players to choose from. It originally went on sale in Japan in August 2008 and entered the sales charts at No.3.

Since then the series – developed by Professor Layton studio Level-5 – has sold well in Japan. The third title went on sale last year and topped the Japanese All Formats chart at release.

Inazuma Eleven is also a manga TV series that broadcasts in Asia and parts of Europe. It aired for the first time in the UK yesterday on Disney XD.

The DS title features four-player multiplayer, Nintendo Wi-Fi connectivity, an RPG-style storyline and special moves such as flying ice kicks and strikers that can teleport across the pitch.

Oxx

I wonder if 'Site-that-shall-not-be-named' will finally fulfil my order when they have the UK version in stock...

Top Bottom