• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Domstercool said:
Just ordered from Games Basement, thanks for the heads up :)

Anyone order to America? It almost looks like it's about 46 bucks with free shipping(??), but it displays my address all weird even when I enter it correctly, and I'm not confident it'll get to me.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
OH YES! I finally got the hang of the game, and it feels really awesome.
Heh, yeah, the game is soo good when you know what to do and even better when you succeed. :p

Even though I have to say the game isn't giving me every information I want to know. None of the stats, tackle moves and special powers are explained anywhere. Sure, it's not terribly difficult to guess what Defense or Speed stands for, but I really want my RPGs to tell me exactly how each stat influences my characters abilities. Only very few games do that, though. :I

GhaleonQ said:
There is the Pokemon predicament (LEVEL 80 VENUSAUR VERSUS THE ELITE 4, YEAH!), but the 1st definitely suffers the most from it. Do you know The Mighty Ducks' movies? Same thing. In the 1st, you carry your bad team to the top. The 2nd is more mercenary, and the 3rd even more so. Believe me, even if this game, there are plenty of amazing players for people who just want those. That's especially true during the endgame. I want to see if they left a certain player in, especially because of something that someone's already posted in the topic.

!
Oliver?! (Captain Tsubasa)

Chris1964 said:
Officially Inazuma Eleven Strikers is Mario Strikers clone.

Does it have also the RPG bit (walking thorugh school, story...), because that would be really awesome.

slaughterking said:
Heh, yeah, the game is soo good when you know what to do and even better when you succeed. :p

Even though I have to say the game isn't giving me every information I want to know. None of the stats, tackle moves and special powers are explained anywhere. Sure, it's not terribly difficult to guess what Defense or Speed stands for, but I really want my RPGs to tell me exactly how each stat influences my characters abilities. Only very few games do that, though. :I

Yep, that would help a lot. So many stats, and some of them I dont know for what they are.

GhaleonQ

SpacePirate Ridley said:
!
Oliver?! (Captain Tsubasa)

I'm honestly surprised that people don't know, because I think the secret being posted on big English websites was 1 of the 1st times I heard of the game. You don't get to see it and get it until you've beaten the main game, though.

Don't watch, people, unless you really don't care or need a reason to buy it, BECAUSE THIS IS HIDDEN.
And the other people are on the team, too.

slaughterking said:

Yep, there ought to be a special move "database," too. I mean, there is on Japanese-language websites, but that's obviously not useful here. Again, I think they wanted the Pokemon sense of surprise, but it's just annoying.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
This looks the most appropriate thread for this. Possible Inazuma Eleven 4 screens

93317605.jpg

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/2358238.html

StylusX

Dagon said:
Great news! So it's the Scandinavian version you got?

Even though I'm in the UK and the English version will be coming out here eventually (I assume), I think I may jump on this now. Game looks and sounds like good fun.

I presume so...some pics of the cover and back:

P290111_22470001.jpg

P290111_22470002.jpg

Everything in English, the fat booklet and all the extra shit they put in there.

I had zero problems with the site i ordered it yesterday (free delivery) and it came today.

Mdk7

GhaleonQ said:
No one knows, officially, but it looks like it changed to the Mario Strikers' style.
Mmm... nice to hear this.
I hope they'll bring that one over here as well!
When is it coming out in Japan?

Another question to you, who had the chance to play all the 3 games... which one is your favorite and why?
Are there any changes in the mechanics of the match between the 3 titles?
Thanks!

Dagon

StylusX said:

Everything in English, the fat booklet and all the extra shit they put in there.

I had zero problems with the site i ordered it yesterday (free delivery) and it came today.

Cool. Thanks for the follow-up info.

I'm debating whether to pick this up now or wait for the UK release to help show Nintendo that there is support for the game over here. I'm still playing through Dragon Quest IX so I suppose I could wait. I'm going to be pissed if it sells out and they don't bring it here though.

zoku88

platypotamus said:
Anyone order to America? It almost looks like it's about 46 bucks with free shipping(??), but it displays my address all weird even when I enter it correctly, and I'm not confident it'll get to me.
If you do order, please tell us how it works out. :)

StylusX said:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/SoulOnIce55/P290111_22470001.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/SoulOnIce55/P290111_22470002.jpg[IMG]

I had zero problems with the site i ordered it yesterday (free delivery) and it came today.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity what is the colour of the triangle on the spine. The fact the back of the box says UKV has me baffled (even moreso if the spine is not a sort of green)...unless that is what is said on the back of all packaging primarily in English regardless of destination country...

GhaleonQ

Mdk7 said:
Mmm... nice to hear this.
I hope they'll bring that one over here as well!
When is it coming out in Japan?

It's supposedly out this spring, but it's been in and out of the public eye before recently reemerging. Who knows?

Mdk7 said:
Another question to you, who had the chance to play all the 3 games... which one is your favorite and why?
Are there any changes in the mechanics of the match between the 3 titles?
Thanks!

I apologize for repeating it, but 3's definitely my favorite while 2 will be most people's. 1's the most soccer-like, 3's the most story-based and overpacked, while 2 strikes a nice balance.

2 adds MUCH more of a Pokemon aspect by dealing more in collecting and calibrating players. There are also single-player training sessions to earn special abilities or bring underleveled players up to speed. It's like 1, but bigger, somewhat smarter, but with less of the small-town, sports comic/show sharm (you battle against aliens). It doesn't reward good soccer play as much, but it does reward pre-game and post-game strategy.

3 has a lot of story missions and "challenges." You're on a world tour, basically, so 1/2 of your team will get lost and you'll have to play with your substitutes or you can only score headers or other things like that. You still do a lot of regular games and challenges; the game's just packed. The other 2 games do the same sorts of things, but they aren't as difficult or feel as integrated. It could annoy people who just want to play a soccer R.P.G., however. It also has many more group techniques (I don't think 2 had double-passes or mid-shot defensive blocks.) The benefits of them are like, hm, Golden Sun? Strategizing around them isn't as useful as it is in Chrono Trigger, but more useful than doing so in Chrono Cross.

StylusX

Starwolf_UK said:
Out of curiosity what is the colour of the triangle on the spine. The fact the back of the box says UKV has me baffled (even moreso if the spine is not a sort of green)...unless that is what is said on the back of all packaging primarily in English regardless of destination country...

It's green.

Mdk7

GhaleonQ said:
It's supposedly out this spring, but it's been in and out of the public eye before recently reemerging. Who knows?

I apologize for repeating it, but 3's definitely my favorite while 2 will be most people's. 1's the most soccer-like, 3's the most story-based and overpacked, while 2 strikes a nice balance.

2 adds MUCH more of a Pokemon aspect by dealing more in collecting and calibrating players. There are also single-player training sessions to earn special abilities or bring underleveled players up to speed. It's like 1, but bigger, somewhat smarter, but with less of the small-town, sports comic/show sharm (you battle against aliens). It doesn't reward good soccer play as much, but it does reward pre-game and post-game strategy.

3 has a lot of story missions and "challenges." You're on a world tour, basically, so 1/2 of your team will get lost and you'll have to play with your substitutes or you can only score headers or other things like that. You still do a lot of regular games and challenges; the game's just packed. The other 2 games do the same sorts of things, but they aren't as difficult or feel as integrated. It could annoy people who just want to play a soccer R.P.G., however. It also has many more group techniques (I don't think 2 had double-passes or mid-shot defensive blocks.) The benefits of them are like, hm, Golden Sun? Strategizing around them isn't as useful as it is in Chrono Trigger, but more useful than doing so in Chrono Cross.
Thanks man, very interesting read!
I hope we get the sequels as well, sooner or later.

GhaleonQ said:

Sounds awesome.
Aliens lol, what will be next? Nazis?!
yep, ive seen the 4th game trailer

Does it any of the games (or during the saga), like in Captain Tsubasa, feels you are going thorugh a soccer life (school competitions, university leagues and then real life leagues)?

GhaleonQ

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Does it any of the games (or during the saga), like in Captain Tsubasa, feels you are going thorugh a soccer life (school competitions, university leagues and then real life leagues)?

No, but that's what the whole series feels like so far, especially because you can transfer players from 2 to 3. School->aliens->World Cup->coaching is a nice story.

GhaleonQ said:
Oh sounds great; I so wish we eventually get at least this game. :(

StylusX said:
Games Basement (UK) - International shipping.

I can confirm it's English!!!!!!!!!

My copy just came now :)

I would take pics but i'm just about to head to my brothers...i know what i'm going to be doing on the train :)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! :O

Ordered! :D

Thanks for the info!

If anyone is getting it from games basement( I tired but no USA dice) and willingly to ship it to me here in the states I can the conversion rates and shipping.

Urban Scholar said:
If anyone is getting it from games basement( I tired but no USA dice) and willingly to ship it to me here in the states I can the conversion rates and shipping.
So, let me get this straight. They accept orders from Australia, but not the US? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Other

archnemesis said:
So, let me get this straight. They accept orders from Australia, but not the US? That makes no sense whatsoever.
He probably had the same problem i had. the store asked me to pay in a specific currency(euros) but wouldn't give me the option to change to euros so i couldn't get past the 'address' part of the checkout. they should be able to take orders from the States since their site says they ship worldwide and that they do take USDs but their store just doesn't work at all.

Damn... :/

I was caught by surprise. The game is really easy to play until
the match against "Occult team"
(end of chapter 2 spoiler). Tough match, I still can't win it, I suck at real time match :/

Does grinding pay in this game?

hipgnosis

BrainZEROX said:
Damn... :/

I was caught by surprise. The game is really easy to play until
the match against "Occult team"
(end of chapter 2 spoiler). Tough match, I still can't win it, I suck at real time match :/

Does grinding pay in this game?
I was really struggling with that match too, pretty damn hard. Finally beat it with my fourth try. Try to score a goal with Axels Fire Tornado on the first half. On the second half try to pass the ball to Kevin as much as possible and put those shots in.

spidye

how does this game work? I saw some videos and heard some tidbits about stats and techniques but I still don't understand the game mechanics. if someone would be so kind and explain the gameplay, I'd be grateful.

hipgnosis said:
I was really struggling with that match too, pretty damn hard. Finally beat it with my fourth try. Try to score a goal with Axels Fire Tornado on the first half. On the second half try to pass the ball to Kevin as much as possible and put those shots in.
OK, that's what I'm trying to do but I struggle to reach their goal. My problem is that few players of my team are displayed on the screen, most are offscreen and by the time I move the camera my player looses the ball to the defense players... It doesn't help that Axel is completely nailed by the defense.

Also the time limit makes things really tough here, especially because "special moves" eat a lot of time...

And finally something I'm a little bit affraid of... I made quite a lot of training and my players are now around level 18-21. I'm affraid the level of the team we play against matches our own level and, if the strategy to beat Occult team is to exhaust its goalkeeper's "magic" bar, grinding makes thing more difficult as I have to exhaust a gauge that is bigger within the same amount a time...

Sorry if my wording is confusing, english is not my native language.

God this game and it's non-exisistent way of telling players anything. How the hell do I change players from my main battle team? I can't for the love of me move people from the other pages where I have players to the main team page.

Anyone care to explain how to pull it off?

Volodja

BrainZEROX said:
OK, that's what I'm trying to do but I struggle to reach their goal. My problem is that few players of my team are displayed on the screen, most are offscreen and by the time I move the camera my player looses the ball to the defense players... It doesn't help that Axel is completely nailed by the defense.

Also the time limit makes things really tough here, especially because "special moves" eat a lot of time...

And finally something I'm a little bit affraid of... I made quite a lot of training and my players are now around level 18-21. I'm affraid the level of the team we play against matches our own level and, if the strategy to beat Occult team is to exhaust its goalkeeper's "magic" bar, grinding makes thing more difficult as I have to exhaust a gauge that is bigger within the same amount a time...

Level 18-21?
That seems...incredibly high.
Do what Hipgnosis said for the general strategy.
If there is nobody you can pass the ball to then try making your team go up a bit by passing the ball to the midfielders right at the beginning instead of rushing ahead instantly?
Also use the pause button (upper right) to organize plays with ease and calm; I often find myself outnumbered but there is always at least one player I can pass the ball to.
And triangulations seem to destroy the enemy defense pretty handily.
Specifically for the Occult match I only used Kevin's shots, the one that gets so easily countered in the second half is not in the first or at least it wasn't for me, so you can use that considering that the Special Points (or however they are called) on him get replenished.

hipgnosis

BrainZEROX said:
Actually you don't have to exhaust that gauge. Just shoot two times with Kevin in the second half and you'll do a combo shot with Axel. That shot will always score.

Volodja

Vinterbird said:
God this game and it's non-exisistent way of telling players anything. How the hell do I change players from my main battle team? I can't for the love of me move people from the other pages where I have players to the main team page.

Anyone care to explain how to pull it off?
If you mean switching players from the blue pages to the red ones, I think you have to talk to the man in front of your club room otherwise you can't aside from some situations where you have to include a character for story purposes.

Volodja said:
If you mean switching players from the blue pages to the red ones, I think you have to talk to the man in front of your club room otherwise you can't aside from some situations where you have to include a character for story purposes.

I hate this game and it's ways of not telling me anything (or making sense in terms of userexperience)

Volodja

Vinterbird said:
I hate this game and it's ways of not telling me anything (or making sense in terms of userexperience)
The game never tells you about that man outside?
I talk to everybody I see in rpgs by default so I don't really remember if I just talked to him by myself or if the game prompted me to.
I suppose it just expects you to because he is always there.

hipgnosis said:
Actually you don't have to exhaust that gauge. Just shoot two times with Kevin in the second half and you'll do a combo shot with Axel. That shot will always score.
Yay! I did it! ^^

Finally I could score before their damn spectral move. End score is a mere 2-1 but I won. Take that weirdos ^^

I scored strangely though... A far shoot from Kevin straight in the corner of the goal, the masked goalkeeper screwed badly and let the ball in.

Volodja said:
The game never tells you about that man outside?
I talk to everybody I see in rpgs by default so I don't really remember if I just talked to him by myself or if the game prompted me to.
I suppose it just expects you to because he is always there.

Even the simple fact that such a key feature is put away into a character I have to actively seek out is not user friendly. They have tons of menus, use them for stuff like that where it is actually logical to place it.

Maybe one day Japan will get a visit from a useability expert and their world will explode into actual clever thinking.

GUYS, I have a problem. The game tells me their is a move called "fury" or something like that, for all the team, that you can only use once per match. The enemy team always use it one time in their matches (when the music changes and they are overpowered)
The shitty tutorial says I have to press L or B buttons (or L and B, or something like that) to activate it, but for the life of me, I cant.
Im crushing the enemies right now, so I dont need it, but I would like to know how to use it to score things like 10 goals (I can usually score teams like occult in repetitions 5 goals per match).

BrainZEROX said:

Seems you are playing it wrong, like me at first.
No, it doesnt seem that the levels of the enemies try to level with yours in this game, the thing is, you are trying to move to much your camera, and possibly are also using too much the drawing lines to move your characters.
The level you have is so great you can beat the next team after the occult easily.
I beated the occult with a much lower level than you and in my first try.

Some tips:
-Look how your team is placed (the strategy they use before the match) which one are you using? If I remember correctly I beated them with the diamond formation, though im using others right now that work better.

-Use Kevin a lot, and I mean a lot. Is the best player with Axel in your team. So have both passing the ball to each other while advancing destroying their defenses. If you need someone for help in the middle use the orange hair guy with red nose.

-You are possibly doing, like I did, passing the ball to the players feet. That, I have experience, is the worst possible way to play this game, as there will be always one enemy behind you that will let you not advance. ALWAYS, while trying to go for a goal, pass the ball infront of them (2 or 3 meters max), they will unexpectedly turn like flash, leave the enemy behind, and go for the ball. DO NOT DRAW A LINE FOR THEM, they do it automatically, if you draw it, it will not work.

-Do direct fast passes, lots of them. Its easier using at least 3 team mates. Shoot the ball to a teamate, then, BEFORE this teamate hits the ball, pass it to another one, or to the one he just passed. You will see letters above the player that say "direct". This will turn stupid the defenses of the enemy. ITS ALSO VERY USEFULL TO SCORE A DIRECT GOAL WITH IT. They are very easy to score them this way, even without using any power. For example, near the area pass from axel to kevin, repeat if necessary, so that the goalkepper doesnt no what to do, and before the player that is going to shoot to goal has the ball, hit the goal. This will make a direct goal, changing you commands, instead of shooting, it will say in one of them soemthing like "head hit". Max power to it and easy goal. I probably mark them like this 75 percent of the time. Theres only a draw about fast passes, they will not give you additional experience as they dont count as "good" passes.

-For taking the ball use the majority of the time (the same for stopping an attack with the ball) the right command, the kick one. At the start of the match the stupid, and random, referee, will shout usually fault. When he does like 3 or 4 of those (to either side) he usually doesnt appear again, even if you are commiting faults all the time. At first I thought faults were only if you tried to kick someone from behind, but nope, I later discovered you can also get them from the front, sides, and even using things like tackle or power moves, or not even get them doing a lot of this things. Yep, the referee in this game is stupid, and its random.

-If they have to throw a fault from their part, or the goalkeeper needs to kick becuase it went out or it has been a bad pass the game stops. Use this at you advantge and place your team in between the one that is going to shot the fault and the one that can receive that ball. You will, the majority of the time, get an easy ball and even be alone with the goalkeeper to score and easy goal. I have never used the stopping the match command.

-In this match, YOU NEED to score a goal before they use their special move and score a free goal. In the second part of the match try scoring easy goals with kevin with the tips I gave above.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
GUYS, I have a problem. The game tells me their is a move called "fury" or something like that, for all the team, that you can only use once per match. The enemy team always use it one time in their matches (when the music changes and they are overpowered)
The shitty tutorial says I have to press L or B buttons (or L and B, or something like that) to activate it, but for the life of me, I cant.
You need to hold either L or R for about five seconds.

Edit: I'm in chapter 5 and I finally nailed the combat system. The last two matches were both won with 4-0 on my first try.

Haunted

1000 recruitable players sounds great until you realise that 980 of them are worse than the 11 you have in your team already. :/ I want to recruit more people (via the friends network, since you can't look up their stats beforehand otherwise), but the effort is getting hard to justify when each one of them is worse than my best 16.

Minor gripes aside, I really like the game, it's so addictive. Took me a while to get a hang of the various sub-systems, but now it's been smooth sailing for a while. The scripted/directed "main" 11-on-11 games do a good job of keeping the gameplay relatively fresh, although there's quite a bit of repetition within the random encounters. The German dub is terribad, but that was to be expected.

Whoever's publishing, Nintendo or Level-5 - please bring the next ones over ASAP! :D

SpacePirate Ridley said:
-You are possibly doing, like I did, passing the ball to the players feet. That, I have experience, is the worst possible way to play this game, as there will be always one enemy behind you that will let you not advance. ALWAYS, while trying to go for a goal, pass the ball infront of them (2 or 3 meters max), they will unexpectedly turn like flash, leave the enemy behind, and go for the ball. DO NOT DRAW A LINE FOR THEM, they do it automatically, if you draw it, it will not work.
That's exactly what I did... :/

I completely missed that part in the manual. They do say it's possible to pass the ball an let the player run for it. I didn't do that and often lost to the opposing defense because of that. Thanks for the tip ;)
I should RTFM more often :)

Also I can't perform the "double tap" thing described in the manual but it's probably me screwing something up.

-Do direct fast passes, lots of them. Its easier using at least 3 team mates. Shoot the ball to a teamate, then, BEFORE this teamate hits the ball, pass it to another one, or to the one he just passed. You will see letters above the player that say "direct". This will turn stupid the defenses of the enemy. ITS ALSO VERY USEFULL TO SCORE A DIRECT GOAL WITH IT. They are very easy to score them this way, even without using any power.
This is exactly what I did to score before the spectral move thing. Not exactly what I intended to do but it worked. That's how I understood the benefit I could get from direct passes.

Anyway, thanks for the help, now it's time to move on to chapter 3.

Haunted said:
The German dub is terribad, but that was to be expected.
I'm sure the french opening beats it... OMG it's atrocious.

archnemesis said:
You need to hold either L or R for about five seconds.

Edit: I'm in chapter 5 and I finally nailed the combat system. The last two matches were both won with 4-0 on my first try.
Holy thanks, i thought my dsi was starting to work bad becuase I discovered while playing Glden Sun that soemtimes the R button didnt work correctly (didnt make contact). Now it worked well, but I thought it started going wrong again.
So 5 seconds... Is that said in the tutorial, I dont remember anything about that.

BrainZEROX said:
That's exactly what I did... :/

I completely missed that part in the manual. They do say it's possible to pass the ball an let the player run for it. I didn't do that and often lost to the opposing defense because of that. Thanks for the tip ;)
I should RTFM more often :)

Also I can't perform the "double tap" thing described in the manual but it's probably me screwing something up.

This is exactly what I did to score before the spectral move thing. Not exactly what I intended to do but it worked. That's how I understood the benefit I could get from direct passes.

Anyway, thanks for the help, now it's time to move on to chapter 3.

I'm sure the french opening beats it... OMG it's atrocious.

No problem ;)
I read also that thing, but they dont explain it too well to so it didnt work well. Until I did it once, and now I now were the sweet spot is.

The double tap thing is shit. Is very hard to do and consumes lots of vitality points, to work well you need to tap IN the player (that sometimes is difficult) and that the enemy is not very near you.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
So 5 seconds... Is that said in the tutorial, I dont remember anything about that.
No, but I'm pretty sure the English tutorial at least told you to hold the button instead of just pressing it.

Volodja

Haunted said:
1000 recruitable players sounds great until you realise that 980 of them are worse than the 11 you have in your team already. :/ I want to recruit more people (via the friends network, since you can't look up their starts beforehand), but the effort is getting hard to justify when each one of them is worse than my best 16.

Minor gripes aside, I really like the game, it's so addictive. Took me a while to get a hang of the various sub-systems, but now it's been smooth sailing for a while. The scripted/directed "main" 11-on-11 games do a good job of keeping the gameplay relatively fresh, although there's quite a bit of repetition within the random encounters. The German dub is terribad, but that was to be expected.

Whoever's publishing, Nintendo or Level-5 - please bring the next ones over ASAP! :D
I have yet to really go into the recruiting thing myself because I have no reason to. After a few levels all your starting eleven but one have special moves that help a lot and they become good enough or flat out great.
I also have yet to pay any attention to the player type stuff or anything that influences Advantage in any given action. Right now it looks if advantage is for me, I go for it without anything special, if it's not or if I am too much near my goal, I use a special action.
Maybe in the following chapters it will be more important and I'll have to pay more attention to these sub-systems.

hipgnosis

So I'm 5 hours in and I'm enjoying the game a lot. It's just so charming and the concept is so unique and fresh. The football mechanic was a bit hard to get used to, but it'll get a lot more enjoyable and easier once you get hang of things. The game gets really addicting.

The plot seems interesting enough and I like the characters as well. Haven't watched the anime so the plot is completely new to me.

hipgnosis said:
So I'm 5 hours in and I'm enjoying the game a lot. It's just so charming and the concept is so unique and fresh. The football mechanic was a bit hard to get used to, but it'll get a lot more enjoyable and easier once you get hang of things. The game gets really addicting.

The plot seems interesting enough and I like the characters as well. Haven't watched the anime so the plot is completely new to me.

Im surprised by Axel's character.
If you saw little things from the game and the anime you would thought that this would be a Naruto-sasuke shitty character duo.
So I always thought that Axel would be like shitty Sasuke, that was copied (very) badly from Slam Dunk (BTW Naruto is a piece of shit and must be burned, and if any of you here havent read Slam Dunk, please do, because its awesome), but instead, after the first hour, when he starts to talk, is a great guy.
And Mark is more similar to Tsubasa (oliver/Holly) than to Naruto, thank god also for that.

The girls also surprised me as not being cringeworthy, besides the typical tsunedere Nelly, but I can coup for that becuase we all know how she is going to change by the end of the game.

And one think that makes me laugh, is the futblog. Facebook about football with typical creeper included :lol
That guy is so stereotypical, we have a friend that does the same thing in facebook, stalk girls she likes commenting everything they do and put in all things "like it". So watching this guy in the game is hilarious, and sad :lol

Top Bottom