• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Starwolf_UK said:
Ah, I didn't know the Nordic countries used green. Is it light green or the slightly darker one (I've seen 2 shades in the UK, IIRC the darker one tends to be 5 in 1 but back on box in English).
All my European games have the same slightly darker green. I've bought about half of them in Sweden and imported the other half from the UK.

the-iek

Just won the last match, this one got truly challenging. I'm kinda disappointed by the length of the game, it only took me about 13 hours to beat the game. Now it's time to look into post-game stuff.

john tv

I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread because of all the different versions of the game. :) Bottom line -- is there a date for the EN version yet?

john tv said:
I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread because of all the different versions of the game. :) Bottom line -- is there a date for the EN version yet?
No, the UK version still doesn't have a date. You can buy the game in English in Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, and Sweden. The Portuguese version has a Portuguese cover, though.
stupei said:
But not if you're American, as they don't seem to ship to the US.
Did you try to order it? There's no notice about not allowing orders from the US.
Discshop's Terms of Delivery said:
2.2. Shipping costs to foreign countries
Delivery of orders to other countries costs SEK 100 (~ $14) incl. VAT of up to four products. For 5 items or more shipping costs SEK 500 incl. VAT. Before sending your order, you can see at the counter how the movies will be delivered and the freight will be added.
Edit: I checked out their website and apparently they only ship to other European countries. Sorry.

john tv

archnemesis said:
No, the UK version still doesn't have a date. You can buy the game in English in Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, and Sweden. The Portuguese version has a Portuguese cover, though.
Wait, really? The English version is out in those countries right now...?

john tv said:
Wait, really? The English version is out in those countries right now...?
Yes, in fact I already completed it a few days ago. However, it seems like the only sites that have it in stock only ship to other European countries.

Someone also posted NCSX is trying to see about those English versions as well. For now though the wait for this is most unfavorable but the positive impressions warrant the wait.

Well, I guess I could always pick up a few copies from Discshop and send them to you myself, if you're willing to pay the $65 + shipping.

Tranced Shadow said:
Gamesbasement update:

Ordered last Sunday, shipped Monday, didn't arrive today.

:(

Same :( Granted, my post hasn't arrived yet but it's a Saturday and I've come to expect a non-delivery every Saturday.

Someone else mentioned it may be a case of them having no stock. It would be nice of them to let us know what is happening. Their customer service is non-existent too - I emailed them before I ordered asking for language confirmation, again on the Monday before I ordered and then yesterday to see what was happening with the order and no response to anything.

Oxx said:
I have no idea what GB's definition of 'dispatched' is.

They use dispatched as code for "customers money safely in our bank account". I noticed that they took the money immediately after I ordered. Most places I use take a day or so.

Haunted

the-iek said:
Just won the last match, this one got truly challenging. I'm kinda disappointed by the length of the game, it only took me about 13 hours to beat the game. Now it's time to look into post-game stuff.
Content-wise, you're roughly
60% through after the game against Zeus.
But there's little fluff (I mean simply walking to and fro from one story trigger to the next) in the post-game content - it's all recruiting and playing, all the time. :D

the-iek said:

What the...
I dont really know how you do it guys.
Im in chapter 8 and have played more than 24 hours. I like to talk to every one with new phrases in different chapters, and look for some chests before going to the last match in that chapter. I also usually train once my HP and TP in the
lightining center
evry chapter, and play some matches to gain a little level. But Im going staright to the story and not grinding or anything like that, 13 hours seems like you really passed everything.

duckroll

Game Basement sounds like a scam. I wouldn't trust any retailer who charges the invoice without having the stock actually in hand and ready to pack.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
duckroll said:
Game Basement sounds like a scam. I wouldn't trust any retailer who charges the invoice without having the stock actually in hand and ready to pack.
They still have the game listed as in stock, those sonofabitch bastards.
My order has been "processing" for 5 days now.
I've requested my order to be canceled thru email, we'll see
:(

Dagon

Phew, these posts are making me glad I decided to wait. I still want to play the game but I can wait for an official release over here.

the-iek

SpacePirate Ridley said:
What the...
I dont really know how you do it guys.
Im in chapter 8 and have played more than 24 hours. I like to talk to every one with new phrases in different chapters, and look for some chests before going to the last match in that chapter. I also usually train once my HP and TP in the
lightining center
evry chapter, and play some matches to gain a little level. But Im going staright to the story and not grinding or anything like that, 13 hours seems like you really passed everything.
I figured there's really no need for additional training after the first few chapters because once you get how the system works, there's no real challenge anymore if your level is too high. And yeah, I don't see the reason behind talking to every NPC again, OCD much? :D

duckroll

You should really remove Game Basement from the OP. Why give them free advertising when they take money without delivering goods?

I dislike the save system so much. Why is there no auto-saving before important matches? :( It happened twice now that I forgot to save before triggering the match against ocult (I know, not very deep in the story) and now I need to do all I did before AGAIN :( Booo @ game over if lost.

duckroll said:
You should really remove Game Basement from the OP. Why give them free advertising when they take money without delivering goods?
I was originally thinking about waiting until Monday since they've said up to 5 days for delivery, but considering their reputation and awful customer service I think you're right.

Salsa

Man, im having trouble deciding if i should get this in Spanish or wait a bit longer..

I hate the fact that there's a full Spain's spanish dub :(

platypotamus said:
Smart idea to have a big "where to import" section in the OP. Bet it still gets asked a million times (even after a link is in there)

Yes, because I really want to get a hold of a some imports. I do want to try this game also.

I think I'm done with the game. I beat about half the teams from the post game and not having any new story and new stuff between and during the matches makes this nothing more than a repetitive grind. And since I don't want to ruin the gameplay for me for all eternity I better stop playing now. I wanna buy the sequel on day 1 after all. You hear me, Nintendo? Or Level 5? Someone? I'll buy your game; just bring it!

Haunted

slaughterking said:
I think I'm done with the game. I beat about half the teams from the post game and not having any new story and new stuff between and during the matches makes this nothing more than a repetitive grind. And since I don't want to ruin the gameplay for me for all eternity I better stop playing now. I wanna buy the sequel on day 1 after all. You hear me, Nintendo? Or Level 5? Someone? I'll buy your game; just bring it!
Same here.

One question: how far along are you in the recruitment tree? There's one lock I can't break, the description says
(in German) "Finde den rätselhaften Spieler", which translates to something like "find the mysterious player."

Any idea who this could be?

No, I didn't even know there were descriptions for each lock. :p
But the only player I noticed opening a lock was Peabody
(that little guy you have to harass until he joins your team)

Haunted said:
Any idea who this could be?
Try recruiting these guys.
Inazuma Eleven Board FAQ (first draft) said:
Where can I find the special recruits?
There’s a couple of players in this game that will join without having to go to Celia or Nelly to recruit them.

Peabody: Talk 9 times to him on the ground floor of the main building, 9 times under the club rooms, and 9 times to the left of the tennis courts.
Miles: Can be randomly found in the athletics club.
Boomer: Can be randomly found in the baseball club.
Jeeling: Can be randomly found in the tennis club.
Gaunt: Can be randomly found in the swimming pool changing room.
Jump: Can be randomly found in the gym, on the stands on the first floor.
Saggy: Find his sunglasses in the main building, at the bottom left area of the lockers by the entrance, and his boots above the building to the right of the tower, and talk to him in the electronics store. Both items aren’t hidden in chests, just press A when the star icon appears above Mark.
Erik: Enter the hospital with Bobby in your group on the day of the match against Kirkwood or later.

What is the guy in the chess club’s name?
His name is Chester.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943160-inazuma-eleven/58045400

I had both Peabody and Boomer in my team. Peabody is quite fast, and Boomer was one of my favorite midfielders.

Vamphuntr

Finally received mine today

b0oV2.jpg

Will play once I have the time ;)

If anyone needs the EU (FR) club nintendo code for this game PM me since I cannot redeem it anyway.

EDIT : Code is gone! Went to Shiggy!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Update on Gamebasement:

Dash Kappei said:
duckroll said:
They still have the game listed as in stock, those sonofabitch bastards.
My order has been "processing" for 5 days now.
I've requested my order to be canceled thru email, we'll see

My order has been processing for 8 days now.
I've requested to cancel it 4 days ago, no reply yet other than the insta-automated mail and the order's stil processing.
Is there anything you guys suggest that I do?
The game is also out here (in italian, but what the hell I'm ok with it at this point) and I could walk in a store and buy it even this afternoon.

Inazuma Get!

OK guys, this whole Games Basement thing is weird. I've already had my post today so imagine my surprise when I looked out the window to see some guy (in other words not a postman/Parcel Force/DHL etc) coming to the door with a package in hand to be signed for which turned out to be, yup, Inazuma Eleven!

I Googled the company name of the package and it turns out it's a local private courier. So, long story short, instead of sending it via the normal post and it taking a couple of days to get here, they've sent it by a private courier and it's taken a week. Of course, I don't mind the wait as I now know they haven't ripped me off, so hopefully the rest of you waiting on yours will see the same thing happen.
Also, again, this from what it seems is a local, Northern Irish courier. No idea if they use a bigger company for England/Scotland/Wales etc but this is good news for other waiting on their game.

Salsa

Well i got it.

Really enjoying it so far, except for one fact.

Early in the game the first real match against
The Occult
. I hate how the save system works and that i have to do scripted stuff in order to win the game (pass the ball to X player, make the shot with Y player). The save system issue comes from the fact that if i lose (or even draw) the game i have to start from my latest save point (thank god i saved before the match, there was no warning of this whatsoever) and have to sit through all the cutscenes and scripted dialog during the match, no way of skipping it or anything.

Are later matches in the game this scripted ?

GeekyDad

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Inazuma Get!

OK guys, this whole Games Basement thing...long story short, instead of sending it via the normal post and it taking a couple of days to get here, they've sent it by a private courier and it's taken a week. ...

Was that delivery to the U.S. per chance?

Haunted

archnemesis said:
Try recruiting these guys.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943160-inazuma-eleven/58045400

I had both Peabody and Boomer in my team. Peabody is quite fast, and Boomer was one of my favorite midfielders.
Awesome, will try some of these. I think I'm only missing
Saggy and Chester
from that bunch.

SalsaShark said:
Well i got it.

Really enjoying it so far, except for one fact.

Early in the game the first real match against
The Occult
. I hate how the save system works and that i have to do scripted stuff in order to win the game (pass the ball to X player, make the shot with Y player). The save system issue comes from the fact that if i lose (or even draw) the game i have to start from my latest save point (thank god i saved before the match, there was no warning of this whatsoever) and have to sit through all the cutscenes and scripted dialog during the match, no way of skipping it or anything.

Are later matches in the game this scripted ?
Nah, these scripted triggers are only in some of the main story games, usually when you get a new special move.
In one game, you have to overcome the opponent's special defense with your strongest shot before you can actually score. Think of it like tearing down an RPG enemy's special buff before you can hurt him. :p

Some of the later matches do have some other restrictions to keep the gameplay system interesting, but there's always the option to do some optional games (with tours as large as the Football Frontier itself) which are just straight-up matches.

edit: and yeah, as with all RPGs. Always save before the next big boss fight - in this case the 11 vs 11 story matches. :p

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Inazuma Get!

OK guys, this whole Games Basement thing is weird. I've already had my post today so imagine my surprise when I looked out the window to see some guy (in other words not a postman/Parcel Force/DHL etc) coming to the door with a package in hand to be signed for which turned out to be, yup, Inazuma Eleven!

Goddammit JAO, I read this and got my hopes up, went home, only to find a parcel which turned to just be a stinkin' copy of INAZUMA ELEVEN! :D

So relieved! Probably won't be using GB again but oh man...

Domstercool

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Inazuma Get!

I Googled the company name of the package and it turns out it's a local private courier. So, long story short, instead of sending it via the normal post and it taking a couple of days to get here, they've sent it by a private courier and it's taken a week. Of course, I don't mind the wait as I now know they haven't ripped me off, so hopefully the rest of you waiting on yours will see the same thing happen.
Also, again, this from what it seems is a local, Northern Irish courier. No idea if they use a bigger company for England/Scotland/Wales etc but this is good news for other waiting on their game.

I got mine as well :) Just saw my post on the floor when I got in and there it was, didn't have to sign or anything. :)

Top Bottom