• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

I wonder how much fun the multiplayer is. Right now I think I'm pretty good at outmaneuvering the AI. I'm not saying the AI is particularly bad or anything, but there are definitely a lot of gaps in their set-up. I think playing against someone that reacts a bit more flexible and clever could be really fun.
Too bad the multiplayer is local-only.

hipgnosis

Keio said:
Amazing. Ordered English version from Finnish online store http://www.konsolinet.fi on Friday, arrived today via regular mail to Amsterdam. Impressions later.
That is where I bought my copy as well. Was the cheapest option. They are sold out at the moment though. Man this game is hard to find here in Finland, it's basically imppossible to find it in stores and online is your only option at the moment. Weird release for this title.

NCSX is working obtaining English language copes to be imported into the US. Hopefully they're able to pull it off.

NCSX said:
Inazuma Eleven DS (Scandinavian and Dutch)
Level 5's Inazuma Eleven was released in Europe last week but only the Dutch and Scandinavian versions of the game are in English. We had the option of purchasing the French version but that one doesn't have English. We're checking with different suppliers for the possibility of importing the Dutch version of the game into the States and we'll post an update soon.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Mdk7 said:
Damiano, the game is definitely OUT in Italy, son don't believe that shit.
It's available at ALL Gamestops (every store got like 4 copies each), at GamesRush and at Saturn.

Anyway, i'm really having a blast with it.
Due to the flu i got (i've had a fever for 2 days) all i did in the last hours was playing it... i'm currently at 15 hours, it's just crazy good.
It's got that sweet, sweet surreal atmosphere à la Captain Tsubasa (or better to say "alla Holly & Benji!) that i had been missing since my childhood, with astonishing over the top tricks and simple, yet enjoyable and distinctive characters.
Oh and the gameplay is just ace as well.
I REALLY REALLY hope it sells well, i wanna play the sequels too.

BTW: how is the Wii game? Does it have the same RPG structure, or is it an arcade soccer sports game?
Grazie mille buddy, didn't notice your reply until now.
Amazon.it still ain't got any stock and I can't seem to find it here in stores (I'm not in Milano this month), so I went ahead and deleted my Amazon order after reading your post, and just ordered the english version from gamebasement. Same price, I'm more than ok with the english version but it sucks that with no Multi 5 option I won't be able to sell it in case I want to :(
Thanks again!
How the hell did you remember my name out of the blue, you've got a pretty fucking good memory mate! :D

I finally beat it last night. It took me little over 20 hours and once you get a hang of the controls it's fairly easy all the way through.

Loved
• The general art direction and sprites are great.
• Fun and unique 'combat'. The concept of defeating villains with football is hilarious.
• Stylus controls work absolutely great.
• Respawning chests make coming back to old areas exciting.
• Everyone in your club gain experience. No need to grind individual players.
• Very user friendly. You always get directions where you need to go next and you can save anywhere.

In between
• Music is quite good, but also extremely repetitive. I had to turn it off after a few hours.
• Story is alright, although very predictable. It's obviously being aimed at a younger audience. I'm assuming it's mostly typical shōnen tropes, but I'm not an anime expert.
• Not all games need minigames, but it'd be nice to change up the gameplay with something else once in a while.

Hated
• Like most DS games, the 3D graphics are quite terrible.
• Most of the 1000 players are very generic and boring. Unless you suffer from a serious case of OCD you won't find the need to scout for most of them.
• Not enough cutscenes or voice acting.
• Only local multiplayer. It be nice with more online features. The WFC store is pretty weak. All you get is a name to search for with Celias help.
• No statistics or achievements.
• Player customization is barebones.
• Unskippable dialogue, cutscenes, and animations.

Overall
★★★★ (out of five)
A fun, lighthearted and accessible game that I wholeheartedly recommend for anyone who enjoys either football or RPGs.

Keio

For a Finer World
I've put in a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it.

Sure, the story is naive, but I love it – it's heartening have something like that to counteract the effect of all the dudebro most games throw at you.

I can imagine if you have no idea at all about football the combat feels weird at first, but then again it's no hardcore simulator. The special moves, the rock-paper-scissors (or actually fire-wood-water-earth) mechanic etc. make the most difference.

Anyway. Buy it. Now :)

Oxx

I'm sure that NOE just set it to a random date because they haven't decided yet, but if you're depending on a UK release, this is what it says on the UK site at the moment:

uhoh.png

Haunted

I feel terrible about nitpicking this, but it drives me nuts that I can't sort my inactive players manually. Or at least according to their position.

This oversight along with the absolutely unnecessary extra hoop to switch active <-> inactive players is bugging me. This is such an essential thing to do for a game where you catch em all assemble and manage a large amount of players.

Q: Are there any differences between this and the Japanese version?
A: Yes, your football club can now hold 100 players instead of only 32.
Woah, allowing only 32 players would be awful. I stopped recruiting new players since I didn't use them anyway, but if you were into collecting dudes a cap of 32 would be terrible. :lol

Also thanks for the stats explanation. They are pretty self-explanatory for the most part, but it's cool to have some clarification.

Mdk7

Dash Kappei said:
Grazie mille buddy, didn't notice your reply until now.
Amazon.it still ain't got any stock and I can't seem to find it here in stores (I'm not in Milano this month), so I went ahead and deleted my Amazon order after reading your post, and just ordered the english version from gamebasement. Same price, I'm more than ok with the english version but it sucks that with no Multi 5 option I won't be able to sell it in case I want to :(
Thanks again!
How the hell did you remember my name out of the blue, you've got a pretty fucking good memory mate! :D
There's like 3-4 Italian Gaffers that regularly post around here, and you've got a not-so-common name... so that's why i remember. :D

Anyway, i had a blast with Inazuma... i beat it in 20 hours, now i'm writing a very positive review about it.
And i'm already waiting for the sequels, so PAL people buy this shit!

Oxx

JustAnotherOtaku said:
I chose free delivery. It was posted on Monday and postman has just been with no game :( So 3 days assuming it turns up tomorrow.

Same. It did say 3-5 days for delivery, but you do worry if Gamebasement are the kind of site to take your money before procuring the stock.

Oxx said:
Same. It did say 3-5 days for delivery, but you do worry if Gamebasement are the kind of site to take your money before procuring the stock.

Ugh, I really hope not :( I'm glad to be getting it in English at a decent price, but I have little else to play right now and it would be great to have it tomorrow!

GhaleonQ

It's weird seeing people like and dislike different things than I do now that they've played it. When I talk about things more recently than I've played them, I solidify an abstraction of my experience. It's nice to chip away at it by reading comments, and I wonder how you all would take 2 or 3.

Oxx

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll start to worry.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm already worried.

Oxx said:
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll start to worry.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm already worried.

I was hoping you would say yours arrived and mine was just a bit late. Is yours showing as despatched when you login to the site?

Oxx

Haven't been to the site recently, but I had an email saying it had dispatched on Monday morning.

I mean it's still within the delivery estimate, but there are just so many things that could potentially go wrong with this situation (Gamebasement might be untrustworthy... Nintendo UK might crack-down on any people selling the game in the UK... If Gamebasement are sourcing their stock from Scandinavia they might have problems on that end...)

Oxx said:
Haven't been to the site recently, but I had an email saying it had dispatched on Monday morning.

I mean it's still within the delivery estimate, but there are just so many things that could potentially go wrong with this situation (Gamebasement might be untrustworthy... Nintendo UK might crack-down on any people selling the game in the UK... If Gamebasement are sourcing their stock from Scandinavia they might have problems on that end...)

Mine shows as despatched on the site and I got the email on Monday too. Has anyone else in the UK ordered the game (or anything else for that matter) from them? How long did it take?
4 days to the UK is admittedly a little concerning, unless they used 2nd class post.

Oxx

Well, it is the Royal Mail.

Free delivery, 3-5 day estimate, can't really complain (yet).

This should probably be the incentive I need to make some progress with Ghost Trick.

Beat the game. Final impressions:

The Good

- Great, great presentation. I really like the 2D/3D graphics and the colorful art style. I think it's remarkable how many unique and interesting character designs there are between the hundreds and hundreds of players. Never did I think one of those guys was downright generic. I also liked the music -- there are some truly RPG-ish tunes. Was all of that Mitsudas work?
- I love the gameplay -- and I want more of it. It's nothing you immediately "get" -- since it's so unique -- but it's something that made me very addicted to it as soon as it clicked with me. The touchscreen controls work great and make sure you have the ball on your feet. One-two's, pass into the path, volley...everything is there and works as it should.
- Silly story. I like silly stories. Maybe it's a bit too simpleminded at times, but it's just something I didn't have since...I was a child I guess. :p
- Good end game content; I think? I just took a little peek, but it looks like something I want to do.

The Meh

- The UI is a bit too complicated and overlapped. It's not terrible, but managing players and equipment should've been easier.
- I wish the game explained...well, pretty much everything better than it did. There's nothing that I necessarily need to know to play the game, but there sure is some stuff I want to know and the game just didn't offer those information anywhere (not even in the manual).

The Bad

- Level 5 created quite a few nice looking locations, but they are nothing more than a pretty backdrop for the most part. There's really not much reason to visit any of these places if the game isn't telling you to do so. I kinda expect an explorable world in my RPGs I guess.
- Putting so much effort into creating 1000 recruitable players, but not making them really worth your time is probably the greatest letdown of IE. Collecting dudes and creating a personal, winning team should've been one if not the biggest time killer in the game, but there's just no good reason to bother with any of this. It's definitely no Pokemon.

So yeah, there is some stuff I hope Level 5 improved in the sequels which I probably never get to play, but I still really, really like the game. 4/5

slaughterking said:
Beat the game. Final impressions:

The Bad

- Level 5 created quite a few nice looking locations, but they are nothing more than a pretty backdrop for the most part. There's really not much reason to visit any of these places if the game isn't telling you to do so. I kinda expect an explorable world in my RPGs I guess.
- Putting so much effort into creating 1000 recruitable players, but not making them really worth your time is probably the greatest letdown of IE. Collecting dudes and creating a personal, winning team should've been one if not the biggest time killer in the game, but there's just no good reason to bother with any of this. It's definitely no Pokemon.

So yeah, there is some stuff I hope Level 5 improved in the sequels which I probably never get to play, but I still really, really like the game. 4/5

Im with you in this. The locations are no more that simple backdrops, and the atrocious invisible walls around nearly all the scenery dont help either.
Persona did the map zone system much better. I hope this changes in the future sequels.
Put some interesting things to do in the locations after every chapter (not only looking for new respawn chests), some quests and make NPC a little more interesting. Im not saying change them much, only reflecting the pass of time with ALL NPC, not only a few, for example, its great talking with an NPC that changes dialog in the game (there are some like that in this, even if they are not important) but some of them always repeat the same, heck, they are even zones were all NPCs never change what they say. And some buildings are there for decoration, for example the pharmacies. They are two in the game, and you cant do anything in them, why put them?

And also the 1000 character thing is a little bit stupid. Even if they would have been all interesting will be stupid. There are simply too much of them. Make something like 300 hundred interesting players and use the resources to:
1. Make to the important characters more reaction faces. In this game they are complete shit and most of the time they dont even go with what the character is saying. More Persona like, please. Also more voiced dialog during important scenes, even with the graphics of the game. You see this at the start of the game, with some characters talking with ingame graphics, but then PUFFF it dissapears forever. Professor Layton uses it all the time, I dont know why they dont use it here, apart from not having more space in the card. I know that some people prefer not having the voices, but Im really enjoying the spanish dub in the game.
2. More animated videos during the important matches (one at the start, presenting the rival, and one at the end, with the ending of that chapter). That includes more dialog.
2. With having 300 instead of 1000 you can do more interesting characters. 300 players is a lot, and collecting them would be as engaging, if not more.

I hope this changes for the next game, the game is awesome, but those faults are a little bit surprising in some cases becuase they are very easy to be to fix.

So Ghaleon, what things are fixed from my list, and which ones are left the same in the sequels?

GhaleonQ

Midterms again, so, briefly:

locales: more varied by necessity (there's a lot more travel); not exploration-based; many more things to do, I think; dialogue changes more often in locations

characters: nope; there are even more and are basically there to put faces on statistics and specials; they do get more varied but they aren't fleshed out as much as Pokemon

animation, dialogue, pictures: a TON more, especially in 3; this is especially true since the show came out after 1, I believe

SpacePirate Ridley said:
And some buildings are there for decoration, for example the pharmacies. They are two in the game, and you cant do anything in them, why put them?
Yeah, those are super weird. It seems like they were supposed to have a purpose, but Level 5 eventually decided to remove whatever function they had. I almost suspect they were originally selling drugs and steroids there to enhance the abilities of your players. :lol

GhaleonQ said:
Midterms again, so, briefly:

locales: more varied by necessity (there's a lot more travel); not exploration-based; many more things to do, I think; dialogue changes more often in locations

characters: nope; there are even more and are basically there to put faces on statistics and specials; they do get more varied but they aren't fleshed out as much as Pokemon

animation, dialogue, pictures: a TON more, especially in 3; this is especially true since the show came out after 1, I believe

Well, thats good to know.

Thanks a lot Ghaleon, and good luck with the exams!

slaughterking said:
Yeah, those are super weird. It seems like they were supposed to have a purpose, but Level 5 eventually decided to remove whatever function they had. I almost suspect they were originally selling drugs and steroids there to enhance the abilities of your players. :lol
I even thought that it could be censorship. Buying things from a pharmacy, as they are esentially drugs, being a kid maybe was bad for NoE, so they censored them and you cant buy anything. Is very strange because even the old ladies that suposedly sell things in the pharmacies say something like "welcome, what would you like to buy?" but then theres no pop up menu.
I know it would be idiotic, but stranger things we have seen with censorship and games.

Or it could be laziness from Level 5, who knows.

Haunted

In another one of my "small design decisions I wish Japanese developer would start getting right already"editions, I absolutely love how they give you the option to increase your random encounter rate right at the start, but the option to not get into any random encounters only after you're 99% done with the actual story mode.

Give me both at the start at let me decide how to play and balance this, Level-5. :mad:

This would've rectified so many of the balance issues with recruiting people. *sigh*

archnemesis said:
I added a FAQ section to the OP. Let me know if you want anything else.
32 players? That's insane. Basically impossibly. How are you supposed to fulfil some of the latter requirements (like beating a Wood-only team with only Wind players in your own squad) with that small a squad?

slaughterking said:
I think I'm in the last chapter now. I don't want it to end. :(
The post-game content is pretty damn substantial. It's basically another two tournaments worth of extra-tough matches. I won't call it New Game+ since you actually continue from before the last story match but you're definitely not done with the game
by just beating Zeus.

duckroll

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Uh-oh. In my eagerness to have an English copy ASAP and order from GamesBasement, I didn't read up on them. My game still isn't here and these comments aren't filling me with confidence :(

http://www.zath.co.uk/games-basement-enters-the-games-marketplace/
Here's another link for you: http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.gamesbasement.co.uk

I'm going to leave the link to GamesBasement in the OP for now, since several people already have gotten their orders.

archnemesis said:
Here's another link for you: http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.gamesbasement.co.uk

I'm going to leave the link to GamesBasement in the OP for now, since several people already have gotten their orders.

Could those people, assuming they're in here to see this, post how long it took for them to get their order and where they are based? There's at least 2 of us in the UK who have heard nothing and it would be interesting to see if it's just us and how long we should expect to be waiting :/

duckroll

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Could those people, assuming they're in here to see this, post how long it took for them to get their order and where they are based? There's at least 2 of us in the UK who have heard nothing and it would be interesting to see if it's just us and how long we should expect to be waiting :/

The only people in this thread which seemed to have ordered from that garbage site are:
StylusX
ShadowNinja64
Domstercool
Oxx
Tranced Shadow

Out of those people, only StylusX seems to have gotten the game.

I could have sworn I'd seen people on other sites receiving their orders, but now I can't find any other than StylusX. Maybe they ran out of stock. One of the Swedish retailers put up a notice a few days ago that a new batch would arrive within a week.

StylusX

I ordered it on Friday got it the next day, used the free delivery option. I live in London. It seems i must have been extremely lucky, feel kinda bad now for recommending it :(

Haunted said:
The post-game content is pretty damn substantial. It's basically another two tournaments worth of extra-tough matches. I won't call it New Game+ since you actually continue from before the last story match but you're definitely not done with the game
by just beating Zeus.
I know. It's cool that they not only want you to fight strong teams, but also want you to participate with a team that fulfills certain conditions. The game now actually forces you to get new players. I could barely assemble a team of 11 earth elemental guys with my current roster, but it's somewhat unfavourable to have four goalies on the field... :lol

Haunted

slaughterking said:
I know. It's cool that they not only want you to fight strong teams, but also want you to participate with a team that fulfills certain conditions. The game now actually forces you to get new players. I could barely assemble a team of 11 earth element guys out of my current roster, but it's somewhat stupid to have four goalies on the field... :lol
I now wish I wouldn't have removed weaker players from the roster to stay around 40 players total to make managing a squad easier. >_>

Didn't expect the game to come up with such restrictions, but I'm liking it. Off to recruit some more people I go!

GhaleonQ

I AM A GENIUS. *throws notes in air*

...But good luck to those of you who have yet to get what you ordered.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
duckroll said:
The only people in this thread which seemed to have ordered from that garbage site are:
ShadowNinja64

I did receive an email from them saying it had been dispatched on January 31st, which was only like 4 days ago. If I get the game, great, if I got burned by a bad site, too bad for me for being impatient.

Its possbile Games Basement had to send their stock back (or just plain run out due to being the only people with stock) as apparently Nintendo UK sent the stock out in error (so don't expect any restocks to happen). We can enjoying waiting until "later in the year". My real question is why was the stock even made if its not to be sold. Warehouses cost money to put stuff in hence why you're careful with these things...more money then sense comes to mind.

So yeah for people who "bought" off Gamesbasement get in touch with your bank 31 days after you put the order in and file for refund. You might like to do the other things said in the reviews of that retailer. Also feel free to send a letter of anger to Nintendo UK blaming them for all you've gone through saying that nobody should have to go through this and it wouldn't have happened if they knew what releasing games was etc etc...(at least thats how I feel about it, people were forced to use Gamesbasment due to no other viable choice)

If there is a Nintendo UK rep at the 3DS event I'm going to tomorrow I'll ask them, not that say anything as it will probably be "sorry 3DS questions only" but if a lot people were to do it maybe it would show that there are people that actually want to buy the game now and find it patronising and insulting Nintendo UK are taking the decision that they are, as its pretty much saying "we have zero confidence in this selling at all without the cartoon" or maybe its a case of "we want to avoid a pre-emptive bomba of it price crashing beofre the series is even out".

All thats going to happen is the interested players are either going to obtain the games through other means or just forget about it and be like "WTF, its out already, thnkas but I stopped caring 6 months ago". So roll on the Scandinavian retailers (I have a strange feeling it'll be easier, but far more expensive just to order from NCSX when they get stock) or maybe I'll just wait and see if I still care whenever the anime airs on TV...not that it'll do anything for sales since I'm sure Jetix/Fox Kid/4Kids TV would like to kill off another anime in the UK by opressively censoring it (driving ratings down) and airing it the same time as Eastenders or was it Coronation Street (i.e. the most popular show on weekday TV) as they like to cut thier nose and spite thier face "we've got to get this so Cartoon Network (or whatever its called these days) can't have it". Btw, all the channels I just mentioned require a paid subscription to watch which is another reason why it won't help sales.

Starwolf_UK said:
My real question is why was the stock even made if its not to be sold.
They were probably made for the Nordic countries. The little colored triangle in the corner of the spine is green (=UK) and the game, manual, and cover are all in English.

Oxx

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Uh-oh. In my eagerness to have an English copy ASAP and order from GamesBasement, I didn't read up on them. My game still isn't here and these comments aren't filling me with confidence :(

http://www.zath.co.uk/games-basement-enters-the-games-marketplace/

Yeah, I read some dodgy stuff about them and still placed an order. More fool me.

I just assumed that every single site is going to have fucked-up at some point and of course those people are going to bitch about it online. I've had some pretty bad experiences with sites like Amazon before.

But it does seem that it's not the fuck-ups that matter, its how they attempt to resolve them. In that respect it seems like Gamebasement are severely lacking.

archnemesis said:
They were probably made for the Nordic countries. The little colored triangle in the corner of the spine is green (=UK) and the game, manual, and cover are all in English.
Ah, I didn't know the Nordic countries used green. Is it light green or the slightly darker one (I've seen 2 shades in the UK, IIRC the darker one tends to be 5 in 1 but back on box in English).

Top Bottom