• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven |OT| Thread of Blitzball 2.0

Tranced Shadow said:
Goddammit JAO, I read this and got my hopes up, went home, only to find a parcel which turned to just be a stinkin' copy of INAZUMA ELEVEN! :D
So relieved! Probably won't be using GB again but oh man...

Domstercool said:
I got mine as well :) Just saw my post on the floor when I got in and there it was, didn't have to sign or anything. :)

Great news! So it seems to have just been GB doing things the hard way (seriously, using a courier, it taking longer than standard Royal Mail times to arrive and no email to explain this) and nothing more sinister. Won't be in a hurry to use them again though!

Oxx said:
Boooo. I still haven't received my copy.

Hopefully this is just a case of yours going out slightly later than the rest of us, or your postie being lazy.

Oxx

We'll see.

My dispatch email says 'Your item is being delivered by Royal Mail' but obviously it isn't best to trust anything that that company says.

Haunted

GhaleonQ said:
Haunted, did you prefer regular or scripted matches more?
The tightly scripted ones at the beginning were a bit annoying because I was still coming to grips with the basic mechanics and wanted to just go out and experiment a bit more at the time. Also, some were done better than others.
Occult was more annoying than anything, but Zeus not using up any TP in the first half was a good setup for an epic comeback in the second half. :D

All in all, I'd say I prefer both the straight up games as well as the matches which restrict your player pool to the scripted story ones, but most of them flowed nicely and kept the gameplay varied. The restrictions coming in after you beat the main game changed up the (at that point familiar) way you played the game in a good way.

What's your take on this? And towards which mechanics do the sequels skew, if any? If what I read about the upcoming plot is true, I guess we can expect things to just get wackier as it goes along. :eek:

Which.. I dunno, I'm not sure I'm 100% looking forward to it because I was expecting a bit more actual football in this RPG. You know, basic stuff like yellow/red cards, a proper ref, stricter substitution rules etc. >_> Although in hindsight, none of that would actually improve - or fit, really - with what's going on on the field. Just something I felt as a football aficionado while playing. Of course it's a hybrid aimed at younger kids, so both the football and the RPG elements are appropriately scaled down and relatively shallow as a result.

I just did the math and discshop is so expensive. The game costs a whole 51 euros there :(

Sucks to have choices this narrow regarding where to get the darned game. Seems like NoE is crippling his own IP launch by obliging everyone interested to go out of their way for this one.

It's certainly selling locally, but damn, I wanted manuals in english and just overall english version… appropriately priced at that.

On another note, and seeing this whole "launch the game alongside with the anime" in UK, I sure hope they're not waiting for pigs to fly to translate inazuma eleven 2 (and then 3) I want them before my DS bites de dust. It's a trilogy for god's sake.

Haunted

Turns out that Erik
was the guy who unlocked the lock in the bottom right corner. Looks like there's a bunch of players lvl 45 and up beyond.

GhaleonQ said:
Don't watch, people, unless you really don't care or need a reason to buy it, BECAUSE THIS IS HIDDEN.
And the other people are on the team, too.
!

How do I get to that spot? I really need to get looking for a secrets FAQ on this. >_>

Well, beat the game story yesterday. What an incredibly fun ride!

Liked a lot the ending. The credits are "censored" in the PAL version as there is only an instrumental version of the theme the japanese one uses, which is a little bit strange watching
Celia, Silvia and Nelly sing
. Its seems that is really similar to the first ending of the anime, which strangely and amusingly its dubbed in spanish, so they could have used that song instead, like the opening in the game using Tachingariyo! instead of the original game theme. I suppose that is becuase only spain has the ending dubbed and the rest of the countries have the opening repeated again or no credits at all (correct me if im wrong).

Also I love how the credits are drawn professor Layton style instead of the more typical animezided they use in the game and the anime. They have more charm like this.

As a fun note (yep, you can laugh at me if you want) Ive been watching the anime as I played the game. Starting from chapter 5 I was curious how the anime was similar so I started to watch it from there. So I played a whole chapter in the game and then watched the episodes of the things that happened in that game chapter, lets call it, the intros that DS game does not have :lol
I have to say... I am pleasently surprised with it... yep. The even more fun thing is that instead of watching the japanese version with subs, ive been watching the spanish dubbed version (so it be similar to the game)... I liked it :lol Lots of nostalgia in it thanks to being the same dubbing studio that did the original Digimon here, which I saw a lot when I was smaller. The adult voices are great, the kids voices, and they are fuking lot, are some times good and sometimes mediocre, but not really bad. The voice of Jude is the best one of the bunch, really great. Mark does a better dub in the anime that in the game, and its the same person. The same with Axel (he was Tai in Digimon). Nathan (Matt's voice in Digimon), Kevin and Bobby are also really good. Theres even some tributes to Captain Tsubasa spanish dub, as you can hear the famous Benji voice (in Jack). The three girls have also good voices, Silvia sounds better in the game than in the anime though, were sometimes she souds strange. The better of them is Nelly.

And even if the anime follows the games plot its changes it in some places, and strangely the majority of this changes are much better than in the game. Lets say it has better flow and the characters are better presented. Some changes:

-The beggining is really similar up until the Otaku match, there is were it starts to change.

-The worst change in the anime, is ommiting characters as Samatha and her team or not talking about the Otaku trainer
(he is good in the anime, theres also no poison in the maiden restaurant part, nor sadly the hentai magazine Jack founds in the bin :lol)
, instead, they try to flesh more the character of Will (the one in the team with glasses), to be better. Also he is the one that puts the name tto the special moves in the anime, as his in nearly all the matches
(I think he only plays against the Otaku and thanks to him they win)
sitting in the bench.

-Characters are much better in the anime. Bobby is likeable from the start (has a really great and fun voice)
which makes the non betrayal better presented, also here past with Silvya and Eric is more fleshed
. Nelly starts as the game tsunedere, but she changes fast to her likeable self
which makes more belivable her passion for football and her later love triangle
. Her father is also much better presented in the anime. The trainer and
original Inazuma Eleven is a mix bag, some are more fleshed, like the trainer and funnily Nelly's butler, and others are worse, like the guy that trains the little kids. As a pack, they are better used.
ALL the team gains some shine, Nathan, Kevin (similar to him in the game), Jack, and even super secondaries as Max, Sam or Timmy. Which is more, the one that is the less important of all is Tod, he does absolutely nothing, and is really used in the game, probably the anime director hate him as he was a creep in the game.
Jude is MUCH better, in the game he is a whinny son of a bitch
even worst when he is recruited. Well, the part where he is recurited is much better explained, and also his adoptive father (that has an awesome Professor Layton character style), his past and his sister Celia, the football magazine and his later friendship with Mark.
In the anime, apart from having the best voice of all, he is at the start cool and typical respectfull enemy and then he becomes really likeable, and he doesnt whine, thank god.

-The surprising
love triangle, in the game and the anime. Yep, that was really surprising, never thougt they were going to do something like that in a kids football game or in a kids anime, is a little more fleshed. I dont know how it finsihes (ive yet to see the Zeus match) and I dont know at the moment if is good or bad, as it is know, really lighthearted, is not bad, but I hope it doesnt go to the typical anime love triangle whinning.

-There is a character that you can only recruit in the game if youve seen the anime :lol (or you have read the cheat somewhere). There is a character in the chess room that tells you he likes to be a commentator in the matches, like his father and you can recruit him if you tell his name to Celia. Well, he is the commetator for the first matches in the anime, and says his name too many times in it :lol He is also a really great and fun character in the anime (so I have leveled him up in the game :lol ). His father (another great character) is the commentator of the last matches.
You can recruit him giving Celia this name
Chester Horse Jr.

-The second part of the tournament is also better presented, instead of going to schools to play matches with a small audience, like in the whole game, it starts with a whole ceremony like a world cup, presenting the teams, and all the matches are in the same giant football stadium with lots of audience. Also instead of
Chester Horse Jr.
commetning the first anime matches, is his father
Chester Horse.

-
Eric,
that I dont know if his a secret character in this one or appears in the second game, jumps aboard in the match against
Kirkwood
, he has a backstory and is given lots of importance.

-Some special moves are changed place in the storyline and fit much better, like
the magic hand, that is going to be used against Zeus

-Ray Dark
is also better explained, with the detective better placed in the storyline. Props to how they explained the beams falling in the anime, in the game is stupid and looks like an acame cartoon :lol . In the anime, it looks like a real trap.

So yeah, even if both of the stories, the game and the anime ones, are lighthearted and really similar one to each other, I think is much better told in the anime than in the game. And is not that is not possible to have that type of story in the game as its only change some of the things that the characters say, and give a little more flesh to some of the chapters, even if its done with ingame graphics.
So if someone has time and wants to have a better fleshed story, I reccomend them watching the anime (i suppose in japanes with subs). Its a kid anime, but its lighthearted and fun.

But the game is aweome and Im really waiting for the second one.

carlos

SalsaShark said:
Well i got it.

Really enjoying it so far, except for one fact.

Early in the game the first real match against
The Occult
. I hate how the save system works and that i have to do scripted stuff in order to win the game (pass the ball to X player, make the shot with Y player). The save system issue comes from the fact that if i lose (or even draw) the game i have to start from my latest save point (thank god i saved before the match, there was no warning of this whatsoever) and have to sit through all the cutscenes and scripted dialog during the match, no way of skipping it or anything.

Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky and didn't save before the match (I wanted to scout, not play, damnit!). Lost over an hour of progress....haven't played the game since.

Not to mention I was ticked off at how annoying that particular match was

stupei

Just as GB is proven to be reliable enough that I'm willing to try to have them ship to me here in the US, they're now out of stock. Dammit.

stupei said:
Just as GB is proven to be reliable enough that I'm willing to try to have them ship to me here in the US, they're now out of stock. Dammit.

As reliable as they may be over there, their site doesn't seem to handle input of American addresses very gracefully. That's actually what held me back during the first wave of orders.

stupei

platypotamus said:
As reliable as they may be over there, their site doesn't seem to handle input of American addresses very gracefully. That's actually what held me back during the first wave of orders.

Made me nervous too, but I'm starting to feel desperate. :\

Is the last word from NCSX still from 9 days ago?

zoku88

platypotamus said:
I actually ordered when it was in stock. I'll let people know if I actually get mine in the US.

I'm worried about the county thing too, but they did ask you to submit a state code if you were in the US, so I assume they must have some experience with delivering here.

zoku88 said:
I actually ordered when it was in stock. I'll let people know if I actually get mine in the US.

I'm worried about the county thing too, but they did ask you to submit a state code if you were in the US, so I assume they must have some experience with delivering here.

Nice, I thought you were waiting for me to Guinea Pig it up. I hope it works out for you. Any package tracking option?

zoku88

platypotamus said:
Nice, I thought you were waiting for me to Guinea Pig it up. I hope it works out for you. Any package tracking option?
I was, but I gave up on that idea and took the leap.

No tracking options for the free shipping, but if you actually picked a paid option, I think there was tracking.

Mr Rivuz

After almost 3 years waiting, i finally have it in my hands T_T
And it is just like i dreamed, feels like following an anime serie. I've never seen the Inazuma Eleven anime, but i was a huge Captain Tsubasa (Holly e Benji here in Italy ^^) fan when i was a kid and being able to play a game like this it's like a dream come true ^0^

And it's really fun, too!
I'm really enjoying matches, especially because you can create nice actions just by ordering the right movements to the players without having to abuse special moves.

Really hope this to sell well, i want to play the sequels too :D

vareon

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Well, beat the game story yesterday. What an incredibly fun ride!

Liked a lot the ending. The credits are "censored" in the PAL version as there is only an instrumental version of the theme the japanese one uses, which is a little bit strange watching
Celia, Silvia and Nelly sing
. Its seems that is really similar to the first ending of the anime, which strangely and amusingly its dubbed in spanish, so they could have used that song instead, like the opening in the game using Tachingariyo! instead of the original game theme. I suppose that is becuase only spain has the ending dubbed and the rest of the countries have the opening repeated again or no credits at all (correct me if im wrong).

Also I love how the credits are drawn professor Layton style instead of the more typical animezided they use in the game and the anime. They have more charm like this.

As a fun note (yep, you can laugh at me if you want) Ive been watching the anime as I played the game. Starting from chapter 5 I was curious how the anime was similar so I started to watch it from there. So I played a whole chapter in the game and then watched the episodes of the things that happened in that game chapter, lets call it, the intros that DS game does not have :lol
I have to say... I am pleasently surprised with it... yep. The even more fun thing is that instead of watching the japanese version with subs, ive been watching the spanish dubbed version (so it be similar to the game)... I liked it :lol Lots of nostalgia in it thanks to being the same dubbing studio that did the original Digimon here, which I saw a lot when I was smaller. The adult voices are great, the kids voices, and they are fuking lot, are some times good and sometimes mediocre, but not really bad. The voice of Jude is the best one of the bunch, really great. Mark does a better dub in the anime that in the game, and its the same person. The same with Axel (he was Tai in Digimon). Nathan (Matt's voice in Digimon), Kevin and Bobby are also really good. Theres even some tributes to Captain Tsubasa spanish dub, as you can hear the famous Benji voice (in Jack). The three girls have also good voices, Silvia sounds better in the game than in the anime though, were sometimes she souds strange. The better of them is Nelly.

And even if the anime follows the games plot its changes it in some places, and strangely the majority of this changes are much better than in the game. Lets say it has better flow and the characters are better presented. Some changes:

-The beggining is really similar up until the Otaku match, there is were it starts to change.

-The worst change in the anime, is ommiting characters as Samatha and her team or not talking about the Otaku trainer
(he is good in the anime, theres also no poison in the maiden restaurant part, nor sadly the hentai magazine Jack founds in the bin :lol)
, instead, they try to flesh more the character of Will (the one in the team with glasses), to be better. Also he is the one that puts the name tto the special moves in the anime, as his in nearly all the matches
(I think he only plays against the Otaku and thanks to him they win)
sitting in the bench.

-Characters are much better in the anime. Bobby is likeable from the start (has a really great and fun voice)
which makes the non betrayal better presented, also here past with Silvya and Eric is more fleshed
. Nelly starts as the game tsunedere, but she changes fast to her likeable self
which makes more belivable her passion for football and her later love triangle
. Her father is also much better presented in the anime. The trainer and
original Inazuma Eleven is a mix bag, some are more fleshed, like the trainer and funnily Nelly's butler, and others are worse, like the guy that trains the little kids. As a pack, they are better used.
ALL the team gains some shine, Nathan, Kevin (similar to him in the game), Jack, and even super secondaries as Max, Sam or Timmy. Which is more, the one that is the less important of all is Tod, he does absolutely nothing, and is really used in the game, probably the anime director hate him as he was a creep in the game.
Jude is MUCH better, in the game he is a whinny son of a bitch
even worst when he is recruited. Well, the part where he is recurited is much better explained, and also his adoptive father (that has an awesome Professor Layton character style), his past and his sister Celia, the football magazine and his later friendship with Mark.
In the anime, apart from having the best voice of all, he is at the start cool and typical respectfull enemy and then he becomes really likeable, and he doesnt whine, thank god.

-The surprising
love triangle, in the game and the anime. Yep, that was really surprising, never thougt they were going to do something like that in a kids football game or in a kids anime, is a little more fleshed. I dont know how it finsihes (ive yet to see the Zeus match) and I dont know at the moment if is good or bad, as it is know, really lighthearted, is not bad, but I hope it doesnt go to the typical anime love triangle whinning.

-There is a character that you can only recruit in the game if youve seen the anime :lol (or you have read the cheat somewhere). There is a character in the chess room that tells you he likes to be a commentator in the matches, like his father and you can recruit him if you tell his name to Celia. Well, he is the commetator for the first matches in the anime, and says his name too many times in it :lol He is also a really great and fun character in the anime (so I have leveled him up in the game :lol ). His father (another great character) is the commentator of the last matches.
You can recruit him giving Celia this name
Chester Horse Jr.

-The second part of the tournament is also better presented, instead of going to schools to play matches with a small audience, like in the whole game, it starts with a whole ceremony like a world cup, presenting the teams, and all the matches are in the same giant football stadium with lots of audience. Also instead of
Chester Horse Jr.
commetning the first anime matches, is his father
Chester Horse.

-
Eric,
that I dont know if his a secret character in this one or appears in the second game, jumps aboard in the match against
Kirkwood
, he has a backstory and is given lots of importance.

-Some special moves are changed place in the storyline and fit much better, like
the magic hand, that is going to be used against Zeus

-Ray Dark
is also better explained, with the detective better placed in the storyline. Props to how they explained the beams falling in the anime, in the game is stupid and looks like an acame cartoon :lol . In the anime, it looks like a real trap.

So yeah, even if both of the stories, the game and the anime ones, are lighthearted and really similar one to each other, I think is much better told in the anime than in the game. And is not that is not possible to have that type of story in the game as its only change some of the things that the characters say, and give a little more flesh to some of the chapters, even if its done with ingame graphics.
So if someone has time and wants to have a better fleshed story, I reccomend them watching the anime (i suppose in japanes with subs). Its a kid anime, but its lighthearted and fun.

But the game is aweome and Im really waiting for the second one.

This is what I want to know, thanks!

I don't know those names since I watch the anime subbed, though. I just know Endou Mamoru = Mark Evans and Axel = Gouenji. Bobby is Kidou (guy with cape and goggles), I think?

When recruiting guys through the friends board can I dismiss guys I don't want and remain the gate access on the board?

Is there a way to recruit the guys from Inazuma Kids? Higgins is so cute :D

Other than that: I'm chapter 4 and the matches without scripting are kinda cool. It's great I can do them as often as I want to :)

edit: bobby is the guy from america. He doesn't have goggles IIRC. That's sharp

Haunted

Caesar III said:
When recruiting guys through the friends board can I dismiss guys I don't want and remain the gate access on the board?

Is there a way to recruit the guys from Inazuma Kids? Higgins is so cute :D
Yes.

Yes, but only very late into the game.

Haunted

Caesar III said:
thanks! Good news!
The downside being that when I got to that point in the game,
every team I could recruit from but two were waay too low-level to make it even worth the effort. :/

The recruiting balance in this game is totally messed up.

I figured this will be the case indeed :( But I can play a lot of friend matches and such later then.

btw why is the lvlup so different from player to player ? :( Wallside is lvl 17 still and Alex is 29 (both in 4 team)

Haunted

Caesar III said:
I figured this will be the case indeed :( But I can play a lot of friend matches and such later then.

btw why is the lvlup so different from player to player ? :( Wallside is lvl 17 still and Alex is 29 (both in 4 team)
There's different growth levels for some players, I think.

the_painted_bird said:
Has anyone in the U.S. successfully imported this yet?

ITT, I believe Zoku is the only American who has tried (through Gamebasement), but it hasn't arrived yet. The rest of us are waiting to see what happens with his order, or waiting to see if it comes up at another place that we know will work, like NCSX.

Holy mother of god the second season of the anime
The alien storyline
is just nuts! even for Inazuma Eleven level of story. I was all the time... REALLY? :lol
Only seen the first 3 episodes, so I dont really know how is going to go about.

vareon said:
This is what I want to know, thanks!

I don't know those names since I watch the anime subbed, though. I just know Endou Mamoru = Mark Evans and Axel = Gouenji. Bobby is Kidou (guy with cape and goggles), I think?

Nope, Bobby is the guy that came in the first episodes, tall with grey hair and his kind of funny and seems to like Silvia (the main girl) and were friends in America (yep, becuase americans love their soccer :lol ). Kidou is Jude in the european version. The guy with cape and glasses. He is really great in the anime (has an awesome voice in spanish), in my opinion the best of all, but in the game he is really bad storywise, and thats even telling the exactly same story.

Haunted said:
There's different growth levels for some players, I think.
Yep, Mark (and Jack) have a totally fucked up growth system. I undesrtand Mark, as his always in your team levelling up, but Jack? 2000 something experience points for level 26 to level 27 is incredibly shitty. Even more when guys like Axel go up level as if it was the easiest thing in the world.
Doesnt really matter for Mark, because if you make the right choices (and the match isnt scripted were they are scoring you a goal) is like a fucking fortress, that guy stops everything.

Haunted said:
Yes.

Yes, but only very late into the game.
I can recruit Samantha now? Fuck YES!

jdevil99

I also order from GB here in the states (NJ), and it was "disbatched" on the 29th. Still haven't received the game yet. Just throwing that out there.

Attention all who ordered the game from Games Basement. Check your bank account statements. A couple of GAFers are being charged a lot more than they should have been.
Dash Kappei said:
Guys, PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
I, like others on GAf, did an order from gamebasement.co.uk for Inazuma Eleven.
Order placed on 30Gen at £27 circa, after a Gaffer reported they were legit. After 4 days with the order under processing status, which was in stock and supposed to be shipped in 24h, I wrote 'em to cancel my order. Nothing for 4 days, so I wrote 'em again, but nothing still and it has been 10 days since my first email.
So yesterday, super pissed, I was to send yet another email when I decided to try ring 'em even if me not being in the UK meant $$$. Nothing more than an answer machine ALL DAY LONG.
Freakin' out, I looked around on the net and discovered the company is basically a FRAUD which only sometimes honors the orders.
And I don't mean the usual pro and cons with lots of good experiences that all retailers enjoy, I mean the kind of feedback you usually find for scammers. Half an hour ago I went looking under my account to see if anything changed and yes, it suuuure changed...
they FREAKIN' CHANGED MY ORDER to a £89 charge!!!
It doesn't even say what's in my order! I got copy of my order correct total, what item it was and everything, sent by them at the time of my order, and my VISA has yet to be charged.
WHAT CAN I DO? -_-
Help, please, I've been shopping online since 1996 and I've never had any problem, always been careful so I really don't know what can I do.
Oxx said:
HOLY SHIT, you're not kidding!

They changed my order to £86.97. Wtf!

Over from Nintendolife (for the few wondering what is going on with their order):
http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/02/nintendo_inazuma_eleven_not_officially_launched_in_the_uk#comment said:
"ALL Inazumas are out for delivery today. If anyone wants to track their order they need to type in the last six digits of their order reference number into www.thedx.co.uk on the right hand side and then their post code with a space in it"
Why in the blazes they can't tell their customers this vital info I do not know...apparently they are having staffing issues...

Once again I'll point the blame at Nintendo UK as much as the retailer...

Holy crap @ the games basement thing! I've seen people that got the game from there so I was actually quite close to ordering… but didn't.

I kinda hope they go all of business now. Whoever got ripped out, good luck plunking them onto the floor bottom, I support you (and root for you)

Seriously though; it's horrible.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oxx said:
Tracking currently unavailable.

Why am I not surprised?
Sad lol :/
Same here.
Keep me updated if you get any news, I'll do the same.
Tomorrow I'm calling the company that issued my Visa first thing in the morning, as soon as they open so to finally speak with a proper operator dealing with this kind of stuff for chargeback disputes.
I'll let you and everyone else know, I'm already out £28 with no game, hopefully we can at least avoid the £60 surcharge.

You know what sucks the most?
That I have no intention of buying this game anymore, not if I don't get my money back... And to think that I wanted this thing localized from when it was first announced by Level 5 back in the day...

Dash Kappei said:
You know what sucks the most?
That I have no intention of buying this game anymore, not if I don't get my money back... And to think that I wanted this thing localized from when it was first announced by Level 5 back in the day...
Indeed.

I want the game, I want it to sell so I get Inazuma Eleven 2 and 3; it seems to be selling, low stock everywhere due to it not being released in the UK (people that usually import are scavanging everywhere for it); but damn… Wy does it have to be so hard?

It's out on sale on my country, I've been to tons of stores and still haven't managed to secure a copy, it's sold out everywhere. And then we have these con artists selling the game. It's turning into quite a bit of a trainwreck; initially I even thought it was working for the game, creating buzz, but now it's being counter-productive.

f*ck this sh*t :/

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
lostinblue said:
It's out on sale on my country, I've been to tons of stores and still haven't managed to secure a copy, it's sold out everywhere. And then we have these con artists selling the game. It's turning into quite a bit of a trainwreck; initially I even thought it was working for the game, creating buzz, but now it's being counter-productive.

f*ck this sh*t :/

Stores here are literally flooded with copies of the game. So much that i couldnt resist buying it yesterday, despite wanting to play it in english. Also sucks about the whole game basement thing, hope things get sorted out.

Kandrick said:
Stores here are literally flooded with copies of the game. So much that i couldnt resist buying it yesterday, despite wanting to play it in english. Also sucks about the whole game basement thing, hope things get sorted out.
Wh… where are you from!? English text version of it?

Here (portugal) it's been quite the nightmare.

EDIT: ah, I guess the french/italian/spanish/german version? I won't bite those :X

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
lostinblue said:
Wh… where are you from!? English text version of it?

Here (portugal) it's been quite the nightmare.

EDIT: ah, I guess the french/italian/spanish/german version? I won't bite those :X

Yeah, Switzerland here. I picked up the french version specifically. Paid a bit more since the games cost more here, but i did not want to go through all the trouble to find a website that has english version and dont rip me off in a way or another.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oxx said:
Tracking currently unavailable.

Why am I not surprised?
ISIS, internet shopping is safe, a secure trading body program run by IMRG.org where Games Basement is affiliated (oh the irony!) are helping me out A LOT in trying to get the money back and taking them down for the fraud. As soon as I've contacted them GB wrote me their first email (full of lies but that's another story) in a matter of hours.
Just write your order number with Games Basement, what happened and that you can provide email of the order confirmation and even internet links where people are experiencing the same issues:

http://isisaccreditation.imrg.org/8...975EA22798F7ABCC8025741F006A7829?OpenDocument

Yep, english copy seems to be rare.

While spanish, french and german seems to be lots of them.

I can talk for Spain that the game is selling really well. The store were I bought it has been asking nintendo for more copies, and getting them, and flying again off the shelves.

Kids are really loving it, so thats good news for the second one.

People will just have to wait for the UK to air the anime to get their version.

EDIT:
Just heard the english opening...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKjN92WXN6M
What the mother of fuckity fuck!
Why does the singer sing without any passion, and WHY the fuck he changes the speed of the vocals to the point of not going with the rhythm of the song?

Having heard all the opening minus the french one I can say:
-Japanese (obviously)
-Spanish (the guy goes off sometimes and other times it really works, and the song has a similar translation)
-Italian (the translation is totally different, it goes more with the Holly and Benji style, but using the same theme, but I think the song is really cacthy)
-German (Similar translation of the Japanese one, sometimes it sounds strange, other sound better)
-English (horrible, the translation is different, and the vocals try to dont go with the rhythm of the song, also sings without passion).

The German OP is preeeetty bad. It's like they took an awkwardly literal translation of the Japanese song and altered it with some obscure phrases and words ("schlammverkrustet" :lol ) to make it rhyme and keep its rhythm. The singer isn't really into it either.

slaughterking said:
The German OP is preeeetty bad. It's like they took an awkwardly literal translation of the Japanese song and altered it with some obscure phrases and words ("schlammverkrustet" :lol ) to make it rhyme and keep its rhythm. The singer isn't really into it either.

And thats why is better when you dont understand anything I suppose
Ignorance makes happiness :lol

GhaleonQ said:
^.

Also, it's lame that they use subsequent anime songs for it instead of the original, phenomenal opening.

Ah yeah, the original opening was awesome. It probably was cheaper to stick the anime opening and call it a day.

Dont know what they are going to do if they release the second game in europe. I suposse it has a new opening and the spanish anime, at least, hasnt dubbed any more openings for the second season, nor endings. They just have left the originals, with the horrible thing that the images of the opening arent even changed so the original villians and characters still appear in it.
Not even they tried to change the images if they just still used the same song.
Fucking cheap bastards.

In my times openigs usually changed here :mad:

The game entered the weekly Top 10 charts in Italy. :0

2ziy2o3.png

Italy:
Week 5, 2011

01 (__) [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo)
02 (04) [WII] Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
03 (01) [PS3] Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (Electronic Arts)
04 (04) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board (Nintendo)
05 (__) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
06 (07) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
07 (__) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
08 (__) [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Nintendo)
09 (10) [PS3] Call of Duty Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
10 (__) [360] Kinect Advetures (Microsoft )

Thanks to dabra: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25956040&postcount=30

Haunted

slaughterking said:
I mute the volume and spam taps as fast as I can so I don't have to hear any of it. The first line alone makes me fucking cringe. "Auf gehts auf gehts - rauf auf den raaasen"

I mean what the fuck

Wizpig

slaughterking said:
The game entered the weekly Top 10 charts in Italy. :0

2ziy2o3.png

Italy:
Week 5, 2011

01 (__) [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo)
02 (04) [WII] Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
03 (01) [PS3] Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (Electronic Arts)
04 (04) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board (Nintendo)
05 (__) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
06 (07) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
07 (__) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
08 (__) [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Nintendo)
09 (10) [PS3] Call of Duty Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
10 (__) [360] Kinect Advetures (Microsoft )

Thanks to dabra: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25956040&postcount=30
Just Dance 2? jesus christ, Italy.

Good for IE though.
Kids are really loving it, so thats good news for the second one.
Nah, I don't think we'll ever see the second one.

What I think is they will release the 3DS one and/or the Wii spin-off. :\

edit. One question about the localized openings: when you actually score a goal in the game, you hear part of the opening again.
Is that the same song as the Japanese one or...?

Haunted said:
I mute the volume and spam taps as fast as I can so I don't have to hear any of it. The first line alone makes me fucking cringe. "Auf gehts auf gehts - rauf auf den raaasen"

Let's not forget the great "Inazuma Eleven" in the menu. In German version it sounds like robot voice.

Top Bottom