• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones 5 for July 19th, 2019 with Spielberg and Harrison Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
last chance for an adaptation of the fate of atlantis. needs some radical changes to accommodate old indy, though.

kris.

Banned
i'm all in on this if it's more of a passing of the crown to someone younger and George is not involved at all.

Harrison Ford is gonna be like 75 when they film this shit. The worst scene in TFA was when he had to move around and get physical. He was already doing the bare minimum of action in Kingdom and that was in his 60s.

Like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was so aggressively mediocre, with Ford being even older and Spielberg seemingly lost his facility for this kind of pulpy adventure if Kingdom is anything to go by...there's no reason to be optimistic about this.

StoopKid

Isn't Harrison gonna be kinda
flabbynsick.png

he should meet James Bond in Europe. And get recasting tips from him.

It'd blow my mind if they don't announce Chris Pratt sooner or later. I can see him being a charming and likable sidekick type that ends up taking over, and he has way more star power and fans than Shia did, which is mainly why that one didn't work out. But Pratt is a different story and less people would mind that happening.

Like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was so aggressively mediocre, with Ford being even older and Spielberg seemingly lost his facility for this kind of pulpy adventure if Kingdom is anything to go by...there's no reason to be optimistic about this.

And like TFA, he probably won't be in that much action here but was still a great character. In fact TFA developed him as much if not more, arguably, than the other Star Wars movies. The script can make it work, that's what it's all about and we know nothing about this.

last chance for an adaptation of the fate of atlantis. needs some radical changes to accommodate old indy, though.

Disney didn't buy Indiana Jones to do adaptations of fanfics... They're going to nuke the EU (Indy 4 already did anyway) and do their own brand new story.

Blader

Plus I remember Ford saying that one of the conditions for him signing up for Episode 7 was that he got to play Indiana Jones again.

I don't know if he ever actually said that, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I know I've definitely said that a few times :lol

Isn't Harrison like 80 years old? He really can't be doing this.

As the old man in the group with younger people running around doing the dirty work you can make it work. It's not really the Indiana Jones we know at that point.

Think of something like Doctor Who with the first Doctor. Though Hartnell was 55 and just looked like he was 80.

Tookay

Frankly, watching Ford do action in TFA was kinda hard to watch and he wasn't even the main character.

Of course, he could do very limited action in this one, but then there'd have to be someone else to do the heavy lifting. But by that point, I don't know why we wouldn't just reboot the whole thing.

deleted

Make it like Indiana = Scrooge McDuck in the Beginning of Don Rosas Life and Times...
Have him tell a tale of Adventure to his grandchildren through flashbacks where he's played by a younger actor and can fight against the Nazis some more and have a present plot in the 1970s where he shows that he isn't all tell without action and takes the hat and whip for one last go around with an old enemy that's back for no/some reason.

A like bit like Lone Ranger, but a lot better.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Disney didn't buy Indiana Jones to do adaptations of fanfics... They're going to nuke the EU (Indy 4 already did anyway) and do their own brand new story.

if spielberg is directing and kennedy and marshall are producing, i find it unlikely that disney will have total artistic control.

LiK

No Lucas or Shia. Hopefully TFA made Spielberg go back to think about what made the original trilogy so special.

Ithil

He was already too old to really make it work in 2008 with number 4. How's he supposed to be doing Indy 11 years on from that?

I like how one meh installment makes some people not think they can't do better next time.

Most movie franchises are like restaurants. It only takes one bad personal experience of food poisoning and you never go there again, no matter what changes they claim they made in the back.

Star Wars and Indy might be the exceptions though. I hated Crystal Skull. Hated it far more than any of the SW prequels, personally. And yet, I'll go see this if it ever comes to fruition because it's Indy and while I expect the worst, I can hope for the best.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm still seeing Chris Pratt posts. C'mon people, he's the inferior Chris to take on the Indiana Jones role.

Chris_Pine_2,_2013.jpg
I'm sure Disney is eager to give a huge franchise to this guy. Pine as a lead hasn't been able to open any movies outside of Star Trek.

hpkomic

Neo Member
My pitch for Indy's successor has always been Short Round. Indy raised the kid and put him through college, and was pretty active with him for a while.

I could see a movie where Short Round goes on his own quest, using the name Indiana Jones, since it has a reputation, in his search for whatever the macguffin is. That of course causes problems for Henry Jones Jr. at home, so now HE is on Short Round's trail, in a sort of "Catch Me if You Can" sort of chase. Movies ends with Henry Jones Jr. letting Short Round use the Indiana Jones name and allowing for the adventures to continue.

dafuq!? give the man a break or move on Harrison!!! at a certain point they're just gonna freeze his body and bring it out anytime they need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom