• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Festival of Blood |OT| What karma choice? Bite or stake 'em!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Maastricht said:
I'm past the 4 hours story mark, and not quite sure how I should progress the story. Am I required to do the next UCG mission by SuckerPunch? Or should I (keep, cleaned up one already) hunting for vampire lunch boxes (i.e. people in cages)?

You need to do a couple of UGC missions.

Grisby

Does this only save after big missions or something? I spent some time tooling around the city and it seems like it saved some stuff (bites, etc) but I had to do the whole tutorial bite section again.

edit- I forgot how Infamous's saving worked. Nevermind.

Grisby

Beat it. Was pretty fun. I liked th wacky nature and the short slice of it. Infamous 2 kind of disappointed me but since this was so short I had a good time with it.

Stinks that it was a 3 gig dl and I hope sucker punch works on compression for any future thingys. Congrats to them though as it was a fun piece of DLC.

Raonak

Banned
Grisby said:
Stinks that it was a 3 gig dl and I hope sucker punch works on compression for any future thingys. Congrats to them though as it was a fun piece of DLC.

Yeah, thats because we had to download the whole first island. :/

It would've been nice of them to make this both DLC and a seperate download (ie: when you buy it, you get 2 downloads, the DLC and standalone; so if you already have the game, you can just download the new content instead of redownloading the city.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Square Triangle said:
V_Ben is saying this is now the fastest selling PSN title ever. Very impressive and welcomed if so!

I can see why. you can beat it in a couple of hours, but even then, it is great value and a huge amount of fun..

darkwing

Square Triangle said:
V_Ben is saying this is now the fastest selling PSN title ever. Very impressive and welcomed if so!

yup I read it on IGN too, amazing, congrats to Sucker Punch, i have to get this after this glut of full games

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Beat it last night - I'm a big whore for Infamous so I was biased going in, but damned if I didn't have an absolute blast playing this. Focused storyline, great new powers, and it lasted just long enough to not get tiresome. Great job, SP.

Agent X

kai3345 said:
How is the UGC in this game?

(Never played inFamous 2)

I haven't tried making any missions in inFamous: Festival of Blood yet (although I did make one for inFamous 2), so I don't know what's changed with regard to the editing functions. One of the new features is a cut-scene editor, where you can create comic-style "panels" showing one or more character or objects in various poses, and add speech bubbles or thought bubbles as well.

With regard to the quality of UGC, there are some truly excellent user-created missions out there. There are also some lousy ones as well, but that's why the 5-star rating system comes in handy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I started playing this yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic. I wish I had known it was this good earlier since it would have been the perfect Halloween game.

Just finished it (many things to do before i came back to FoB ).
It was 'as expected'
Story was good, new powers were awesome ..flying bat thing was good enough to make me forget ice launch and lighting tether.NIce set of ennemies ..i had way more fun with them than with the big turtles like thing in infamous 2 even when their long range attack was similar.
Final boss fight was really well done. Ending was alright ..
this is my personal candidate for BEST DLC ever..

Love the new way to tell stories with UGC .. Veyr well done congrats SPyou guys have improved a lot of things ..this is awesome.

9/10

now i've got possibly a bug with mary 10th teaching ..will get back to it later

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Finished it tonight and it was great. Just have the 10th Mary Teaching, a few more civilians to bite, and the UGC stuff and I'll have all the trophies.

wouwie

Bought this one yesterday but haven't played it yet. Normally i'd be very excited about new inFamous content, but for some reason i still don't understand, i didn't like inFamous 2 at all, despite loving the first one. I hope this smaller DLC can get me back into the franchise. The PSNStores reviewer felt the same way and ended up loving this DLC so i'm hopeful.

100%'d this bad boy a little while ago and really enjoyed it. It warms my heart to see developers pack tons of new content in stand-alone downloadable titles; there are so many new assets, new music, everything!

There are some surprisingly good UGC missions to be found too, if you have the patience to sort through all the EASY TROPHY!!!!!11 ones. All in all, great value for its price.

Sucker Punch have something really sweet going on with this franchise, I just love their style. Congrats to them for making the fastest selling PSN game in history, well deserved. :)

EDIT: Man, I'm just now realizing how much I'll miss Shadow Swarm when I get back to replaying inFamous 2. Such a painless and badass way to traverse the city.

Found something weird last night .
i found a mary teaching a followed the arrows ...

i arrived on the back of a house ( the one where kuo was held hostage in infamous 2 ) ..there was many ennemies and humans in cages and a mary teaching in the middle.

Now i kill the ennemies .. and the mary teaching is saying : "place a human on the circle" ( or somethinig like that ).

so i free the human from their cages .. but none are following me.and the red circle is gone ..

the blue dots that are supposed to show me the way are gone ...

What happenned ??
it was supposed to be the 10th mary teaching but it's gone and it's not showing anymore ? (i am f***ed ? )

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
iKeepPlaying said:
After you finish this, can you roam around the city freely right?
And if you can, you can do as much user missions as you want?

Yes x 2.

BTW, my PlayStation Move analysis is up for those interested. Well, the first half actually.

inFamous_Move.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmI0eKe-uwg

Just finished.

Ha, that ending w/ her being a vampire. And I'm surprised that they didn't let you stay as a Vampire somehow, ah well, really liked it and for $10 it was great.

First 3 UGC missions I try after beating the game have about 100 enemies on screen when you start effectively killing you within a minute or so if you can get behind a building.

So they waste my time and don't give me credit b/c they're impossible to complete, awesome.

Tokubetsu

I couldn't find the regular IF2 thread so I figured I'd ask this here, I just got the game a couple days ago and I have to ask, is there a faster/better way of dealing with the choppers and the burrowing monsters? I use sticky grenades on the burrowers but it takes quite a few and I just keep zapping the choppers with magnum bolts.

teiresias

I couldn't find the regular IF2 thread so I figured I'd ask this here, I just got the game a couple days ago and I have to ask, is there a faster/better way of dealing with the choppers and the burrowing monsters? I use sticky grenades on the burrowers but it takes quite a few and I just keep zapping the choppers with magnum bolts.

I always tried to throw a car at the choppers, that usually took them down fairly quickly, if not with one hit if I remember correctly (admittedly, it's been a while since I played Infamous 2 though, and I have yet to play this DLC at all - waiting to get a Nav controller so I can play it with Move).

Throwing a car at a chopper is 1 hit KO
Same with inonic storm

2 lighting rockets ( triangle ) does the job quick too

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Finished the story last night, great game for $7.99! The last fight was frustrating due to the cramped location. I loved the vampire powers, loved the city partying all night. I have a couple things to finish off before I'm 100%, the largest being 18 more UGC missions.

It was not too short either (unless you just blast through the missions). Great deal, better than many $60 games IMO.

How great is this? I spent most of last night playing this and can safely say I enjoyed it significantly more than the main game. The campaign was a just the right length, the new power was great (so awesome flying through the city) and the story was well narrated by Zeke.

The only downsides were the lack of enemy types (just two is not cool, was hoping/expecting to see a lot more freaky monsters) and locking out powers was kinda annoying (but understandable, having them from the off would have left you very overpowered).

Anyway, just wanted to recommend this to anyone who hasn't played it. Buy it, you will not regret it.

Also, what are the chances of another episode? Would love an sci-fi themed episode.

iNvid02

i bought it and haven't even played it yet, god damn i gotta complete it before the year is up

how long did it take you?

i bought it and haven't even played it yet, god damn i gotta complete it before the year is up

how long did it take you?

4-5 hours, but I did spend at least an hour clearing out a few vamp dens and trophy whoring.

If you stick to the main campaign (which isn't that hard as there's only one diversion - clearing out vamp dens), shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours.

Card Boy

Banned
I clocked this acouple days ago after picked it up from the PSN for half price acouple weeks ago. Awesome stuff.

I actually prefer not having all this experiance point bullshit poping up when you kill a enemy. Hopefully inFamous 3 (if it ever happens after that infamous 2 ending) does away with the EXP system.

Loved all the new powers Cole has, that flying power seems awesome. The UGC community missions seemed better overall this time around.

Recommened.

I have finished the game but haven't had the all powers trophy pop up yet, so I must be missing something. I got all Mary's Teachings, spiked the vampires, staked the hidden ones, got all the blood jars - the only thing I didn't do was bite civilians, does this unlock something? Or is it by playing UGC?

(Trying to gauge whether it is worthwhile to try for all trophies.)

Anyway, great game!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I was just snooping around the PSN store and this showed "Free" to me with no Plus symbol. Can anyone else verify that it is free? I already own it, but that should never changed the listed price.

I was just snooping around the PSN store and this showed "Free" to me with no Plus symbol. Can anyone else verify that it is free? I already own it, but that should never changed the listed price.

Because you've got permission..so it's ok

Seriously it's because you already own it that the price changed
Those of us who preordered the game got it "Free" from the store too.

Picked up the game at half price and I'm really digging it so far. Since I skipped I2 this was the perfect opportunity to get to explore a new city.

rkrpzl.jpg

Haha

Can't say I care much for Cole's voice this time around, different VA I assume?

Played through this whole thing in a couple of hours. This was a great little expansion that got me pumped to go back and finish Infamous 2. But my favorite part wasn't a moment but the inclusion of flight.

crozier

Got this as part of the PSN sale.

WOW! Much better than I was expecting. Took me close to six hours because I simply flew around, enjoyed the sights, the cleared vamp nests for no good reason. Damn sham the player content is such crap. Everything is either designed for a 5 second finish (trophy!) or has no explanation what to do or where to go.

I'm thinking about starting my own with three doors that shut behind the player once they choose. One has the insta-trophy prize, the other they face a firing squad the likes the allies didn't even face on Normandy. Wonder if it's possible to randomize what's behind each door...

Anyhow, well worth the money. Has anyone tried going through without killing anyone? Pretty sure it's possible, although not sure whether there's a reward coded in.

NIGHT-

Just finished this! Definitely the best infamous yet. Loved the darker feel and being a vampire. Wish they had a full game based on this

M.D

Finally bought this in EU PSN sale, I've waited too long... Infamous is one of my favorite franchises

I just started playing and the game is great so far, but one thing I'm really noticing is really rough frame rate, and I didn't have a problem with that in Infamous 2

Does the game just have a bad frame rate or is there a problem with my PS3? I've not turned it on for a month but everything was fine last I played a game on it

Top Bottom