• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Anyone know how costumes work in this game? I prefer the DUP retainee outfit over the main one with the ripped jeans.

jediyoshi

Preordered and preloaded. Ready to play this to pass the time till PAX

Anyone know how costumes work in this game? I prefer the DUP retainee outfit over the main one with the ripped jeans.

I imagine once you're doing with the main quest, they'll allow you to switch manually

Hadn't heard about Freedom Cry. Looked it up and the setting is my island! My eyes swelled up when I saw the Dominican flag on a gameplay video. I'm buying this for sure in a few weeks. Thanks for the tip!!!

Any other AAA stand alones worth checking out?

The big relatively recent one is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare is worth a pick up too

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The ones who preordered it before the cancellation last week are unable to place the preorder again, because of a fault in Sony's system.

I send them a report about this issue but no reply...if they don't fix this until tomorrow, I wont buy this DLC at all

Kolgar

Oh, goodness. This game has Laura Bailey? The incredible voice actress who was my president in Saints Row IV?

INSTABOUGHT

VanWinkle

(From the game manual). Looks nice.

i6h5Qrl37L62f.PNG

Why the fuck can I not play this right now

It's fucking August 26th right now

I already bought the damn game

Stupid Sony and their inconsistent midnight digital releases

Sucks that I bought the code before launch and won't be getting the preorder goodies.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Yeah I ended going with Amazon because I won some giftcards from Kraft. Free GCs versus paying 15.

I wish someone would post the link from the cancellation e-mail though. I want to see if I can add the Pre-Order costume to my queue!

Stackboy

First time I was going to pre-order something on PSN and I get the EU issue.

Oh well, will just have to wait til launch (Thursday here in Australia).

OsirisBlack

Banned
So have they done anything new with Seattle? Have they done any graphic/framerate improvements or is it just the exact same engine? Are there any new times of day?

Basically I'm just wondering how new this will feel, or if it's more of a character skin on the same world we've already played.

I also want to chime in and say how stupid it is that this is inexplicably only playable at 1PM EST instead of midnight or at least in the morning.

Some of the videos they have shown show Fetch running in the snow.... I am sure that will look pretty amazing.

Lingitiz

Pretty excited to play this. Fetch as a main char, neon as the only power...it's pretty much focused on the best parts of the main game IMO.

1337Sauce

Has anybody seen/read anything about the length of just the story part of the DLC? I don't expect it to be very long, but a rough idea would be nice!

I am admittedly pretty stoked for this. Infamous Second Son was the first game I've ever bothered to Platinum, I liked it so much that I went back and bought Infamous 1, 2 and Festival of Blood. I had played Infamous back when it first came out, but never played Infamous 2 or Festival of Blood. I replayed Infamous on the good side, continued that good playthrough in Infamous 2, doubled back on Infamous for an Evil/Hard playthrough (missed the Platinum by 3 trophies) and did the same in Infamous 2 (getting the Platinum). I'm almost done Festival of Blood but I can't play any of the UGC content because of the DDoS. Once I beat/100% First Light and the first Infamous I don't know what I'm going to play. I'll be all out of superhero simulators.

Sorry if lttp on this issue, but why does my PSN preorder still say there's 9 hours and 38 minutes until it unlocks? It's 2:22AM here.

Edit: After reading a few pages back now I see that this isn't being released until noon. The hell? Why is this one different than any other preload? Double edit: thanks Mr Wallace, that's super lame though.

HeelPower

Do you actually gain access to free roaming the city with this DLC ?

I didn't buy Second Son but I think i am getting this.

The character design for the character is brilliant and the price is so attractive.

Number45

This might be in the OP, but it's heavily image based and I'm at work so a quick question: do we know how it detects SS save data? I platinumed the phyiscal version and traded it in, removing the 'bubble' in the process. The save itself is still on the PS4 though.

Lucent

Do you actually gain access to free roaming the city with this DLC ?

I didn't buy Second Son but I think i am getting this.

The character design for the character is brilliant and the price is so attractive.

I think I read somewhere we only get access to part of the city, besides the island Fetch and the other conduits are on.

This might be in the OP, but it's heavily image based and I'm at work so a quick question: do we know how it detects SS save data? I platinumed the phyiscal version and traded it in, removing the 'bubble' in the process. The save itself is still on the PS4 though.

It'll probably just look for a save I'm sure. I doubt you need the installation of the game.

Earl_Grey

Murdered By StarCreator
I thought Fetch was another victim of the game's hilariously infantile, black and white morality (spoiler: she murdered her brother in a druggie rage and that's not her fault at all. Drugs are bad, yo.) but she was infinitely preferable to Delsin, the patron saint of dickheads.

kubus

^ you might wanna spoiler tag that. Just putting "spoiler" in front of it won't stop people from accidently reading ahead.

Jinjo

This is ridiculous, I pre-ordered as soon as the game became available and it looks like I won't be able to play this immediately on release, because I can't buy it again. What amateur bullshit by Sony.

Konosuke

^ you might wanna spoiler tag that. Just putting "spoiler" in front of it won't stop people from accidently reading ahead.

Yep, I got spoiled. Thanks junior.
2 years in the forum and can't even use spoiler tags? There's even a button for it now! I'd expect more from a gaming journalist. Stick to lurking man.
See, it's not hard. You can even click it.

Labadal

I have the physical copy pre-ordered. It's more expensive than the PSN version, but I have promised myself to not purchase any digital games on the PS4.

Top Bottom