• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

thenexus6

This guy is currently streaming on the PS4, no idea how it got it early though. His name isn't the same on twitch so I can't post a link.. It's the first on on live from playstation though.

Edit: I thought this was out in September?

Maybe the digital version is already available. It can only have like 12 or so hours left on the countdown. Can't wait to get home.

f@luS

More than a member.
fuck this fucking bug really

preorder canceled , so even if they fix people in same situation wont have pre order bonuses

JayHayabusa

preorder canceled , so even if they fix people in same situation wont have pre order bonuses

After preordering in Europe a couple of days ago, got an email from sony a few hours later stating that my preorder has been cancelled. No reason given other than a vague technical problem.

Now when I got to the game's page it shows that the game is unavailable for purchase!

Can everyone in this situation identify themselves so we can see if it gets resolved when the game unlocks?

Jinjo

In the email they also say they will send you a code for the pre order bonus when the game releases.

After preordering in Europe a couple of days ago, got an email from sony a few hours later stating that my preorder has been cancelled. No reason given other than a vague technical problem.

Now when I got to the game's page it shows that the game is unavailable for purchase!

Can everyone in this situation identify themselves so we can see if it gets resolved when the game unlocks?

Same here. I e-mailed Sony EU yesterday asking them why the hell they're preventing me from buying their games. No answer yet.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Same here. I e-mailed Sony EU yesterday asking them why the hell they're preventing me from buying their games. No answer yet.
You are not the only one. I wonder if some Sony guys over here can help...

Well, my friend was lucky and he got this :
Consumers whose Pre-order will be cancelled by our engineers, will have to manually purchase the game from PSN Store once it releases (they will not be able to pre-order again). They should be notified of this by email shortly after the cancellation occurs.

These affected consumers will not be missing out on the bonus Fetch's Costume DLC because they will still receive the DLC if they make the manual purchase from the Store during the first week of release AND they will also receive an email including a voucher code for this DLC, so they will still be able to get it should they not purchase the game during the first week.
So, you will be able to buy it when they release it.

ocean

Banned
If the game were to release simultaneously in digital and retail, we'd get midnight unlock right? Otherwise it'd be quicker to just buy it at a brick and mortar, defeating one of the prime benefits of going digital.

I'm thinking destiny. I've got a digital pre order and if it makes me start later than I'd otherwise have I'll be pissed. Anyone know how this has been handled in the past?

Mumford

If the game were to release simultaneously in digital and retail, we'd get midnight unlock right? Otherwise it'd be quicker to just buy it at a brick and mortar, defeating one of the prime benefits of going digital.

I'm thinking destiny. I've got a digital pre order and if it makes me start later than I'd otherwise have I'll be pissed. Anyone know how this has been handled in the past?
Destiny seems to be a huge release, so I have a feeling that it will be a bigger priority for Sony to unlock ASAP. I could be wrong, though. I haven't preordered any games digitally yet.

Strider

This "prime benefit of going digital" and that games unlock at midnight isn't something I've ever experienced. Granted before now I've only ever preordered/preloaded digital games on Steam... But that's the way it works there too. Games unlock at noon release day.

Honestly it doesn't bother me, it's just 12 hours.

Hoje0308

Banned
Yup. I don't know what it was, but a very dumb decision to not release this at least at midnight pacific.

I was completely unaware of the fact that the game wouldn't unlock at or near midnight. I just assumed the countdown timer was a placeholder giving them (Sony) room to breathe if any issues came up. What a joke.

jimbosimbo43

Neo Member
Just finished the main game a few days ago, cant wait for this.

Hope her neon powers are noticeably different (more powerful?) to Delsin

Our review has just gone live. If you like inFAMOUS: Second Son, then you'll really like this. If you didn't like that game, though, this will do absolutely nothing to change your mind. I really like the frantic nature of the Battle Arenas -- and Fetch is very fun to play as.

Push Square - 7/10

inFAMOUS: First Light is never going to set the world alight, but if you’ve been gagging for more of Sucker Punch’s superhero series, then it will fill that hole until a full sequel charges onto store shelves. Fetch’s fast-paced take on the neon power set makes her an entertaining protagonist to play as – especially in the frantic Battle Arenas. In many ways, this represents the brand stripped back to its very basics – and you’ll need to decide whether that’s enough for you.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/infamous_first_light

/ Shameless self promotion

From what im seeing from streams, first light is what second son should of been. Forget the open world just concentrate on having interesting abilties and varied missions.

Oh and the crackdown/saints row 4 shiny collectibles are a big plus.

In fact, the game looks like a serious saints row 4 more than infamous.

ron_bato

Game Informer gave the game an 8/10

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/i.../26/a-familiar-but-powerful-origin-story.aspx

Infamous First Light lacks some of the punch of Second Son in its campaign battles and familiar narrative marks, but is still a welcome addition to the series. Fetch is a fantastically written character, and the conclusion to her origin story is worth seeing in its entirely – even if you already know what happens. Sucker Punch did a phenomenal job with the finale.

SirCrush

"Fetch...a far more interesting and likable character than Delsin Rowe."

Yet another example of "WTF?"

I like Delsin. And thought he was quite interesting, even engaging. Fetch is also interesting but Delsin is cool as shit and has some depth to him, if not so much as Cole McGrath, he has more of a backstory and his plight felt more "real" as he discovered his powers. Maybe that's why some people dislike him as a character? Not "comic book" enough?

I give up trying to understand some
most
people.

anddo0

Reviews are disappointing :(
Sounds average at best.

Oh well, it's already purchased.
I enjoyed the base game, so I'm sure there will be some fun to be had.

Jinjo

You are not the only one. I wonder if some Sony guys over here can help...

Well, my friend was lucky and he got this :

So, you will be able to buy it when they release it.

Is that so fucking hard to put in the email in the first place? Nice lack of communication there Sony. Still kinda dumb they can't fix this bug, I pre-ordered because I wanted to preload.

I like Delsin. And thought he was quite interesting, even engaging. Fetch is also interesting but Delsin is cool as shit and has some depth to him, if not so much as Cole McGrath, he has more of a backstory and his plight felt more "real" as he discovered his powers. Maybe that's why some people dislike him as a character? Not "comic book" enough?

most
people.
I bet they wouldn't say it to Troy Baker's face

Seriously though, I thought he looked kinda douchey before playing, but his character was perfectly likable in game (for me at least). Second Son has some definite issues (cutscenes not really matching up with moral choices, backstory of Delsin not having much weight to it, etc) but I hardly think the character of Delsin is an issue

Super speed is a great power, and all the most important aspects, like endless speed, are unlocked from the get-go.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Making the coolest traversal power in Second Son so limited for like 80% of the game was such a stupid decision.
Wait this isn't open world? If not I'm gonna pass on this
It seems to still be open world, but without as much padding as Second Son had.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Couple disappointing scores, but I am still excited to play this tonight after work.

Most sites didn't review second son all that high either but it is still one of my favorite PS4 games and was my first platinum. Just enjoy the game and try not to take reviewers too seriously.

TMC

Most sites didn't review second son all that high either but it is still one of my favorite PS4 games and was my first platinum. Just enjoy the game and try not to take reviewers too seriously.

Congrats on the first platinum! I remember my first one. It was Burnout Paradise and it was a glorious feeling!

I'm sure I will enjoy it. More inFAMOUS is always a good thing and the hunt for the platinum will tide me over until Destiny.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Congrats on the first platinum! I remember my first one. It was Burnout Paradise and it was a glorious feeling!

I'm sure I will enjoy it. More inFAMOUS is always a good thing and the hunt for the platinum will tide me over until Destiny.

Yea I think Ill more than likely plat this one also but I have to do it pretty quickly. Destiny in two weeks then Shadow of Mordor. Then the next month im picking up Drive Club and Alien Isolation. Great time to be a gamer.

Oh and to Delsin/Fetch debate above I think Delsin was a very good character just mad he wasn't as native as his concept art. That hair with some of those powers would have been glorious.

This. For $15 it's a steal considering it's a stand alone title. Still open world and also get to play as my favorite infamous character.

I preordered and preloaded mine, and the unlock counter is showing 1hr 27min remaining.

When did you preorder? because im another one struck by the Tech issues and canceled order. and i pre-ordered it thursday. I think its shit we cant do anything because pre-load would of been nice.

most
people.

Delsin never strikes me as a character, he strikes me as a bucket filled with post-it notes. Like "Native American" and "does street art." Might be a consequence of the morality system, but his motives are typically simplistic and his overall character isn't meaty enough to say I "like" him in any capacity.

Fetch is a well-written character who I believe is a real person with real motivations and choices.

NateDrake

For the price & the fact it is standalone I'll give the game a shot. Wasn't impressed with Second Son but still had fun with the game.

Awesome gamersyde pics

image_infamous_first_light-26107-2996_0008.jpg

image_infamous_first_light-26107-2996_0014.jpg

Top Bottom