• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

robotrock

Banned
It's the same actress in both games (Laura Bailey)

laura-bailey.jpg

I just realized that Laura Bailey and Troy Baker were both in Infamous: Second Son as well as the Persona 4 games

@Wreck

I remember commenting in a thread here that I liked how the devs weren't afraid to have a main female character, not looking like a model. It was cool to see a slightly chubby character and the not so innocent back story made her interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and could write recommendations that go on forever but this change is just silly.

What's next, Zac Efron coming in to play Reggie for his back story?

15030929925_ddbcb09810_o.jpg

not sure i see the difference.

only way to tell is to see the game models with the same expression. (side by side)

TyrantII

You know people lose/gain weight over time and even small weight changes reflect pretty clearly on one's face, right? Considering there's several years between the games and Fetch has lived a very harsh life that involves drugs and prison... And also, as others have pointed out, that picture on the left is a bit weird. Here's the official marketing material:

tVGG_14535.jpg

Promotional material is usually a bit different than the final character.

Seems to me they better represented the original design here, being more athletic. ISS Fetch is actually more pear shaped and a tad chubbier in game and in cinematics.

I can get behind the idea she was more lean when forced to train as DUP special weapon, but you're not going to burn away body type.

Could care less either way. Both models and takes on her look great.

JLeack

Banned
Anyone knows the review embargo for this?

Tuesday August 26th at 06:00AM PST

Several reviews will be after embargo because the game has been impossible to download to this point. Sony were supposed to activate the codes at 10:00AM yesterday morning, but the DDoS attacks resulted in that not happening. The last time I tried using my code was at 11:30PM PST last night, and it was still saying invalid code. The same applies to PlayStation LifeStyle and GameRevolution.

Can't wait for this. She gets the nose ring at some point in the dlc:

This is her brother Brent
image_infamous_first_light-25920-2996_0001.jpg

Brent_waalker.png

Here is the one with the nose ring.
ime_az_infamous_first_light_elso_kepei_3.jpg

kubus

Tuesday August 26th at 06:00AM PST

Several reviews will be after embargo because the game has been impossible to download to this point. Sony were supposed to activate the codes at 10:00AM yesterday morning, but the DDoS attacks resulted in that not happening. The last time I tried using my code was at 11:30PM PST last night, and it was still saying invalid code. The same applies to PlayStation LifeStyle and GameRevolution.
Wow, lucky that EU got the review code three days ago. That sucks for reviewers in NA :(.

I remember commenting in a thread here that I liked how the devs weren't afraid to have a main female character, not looking like a model. It was cool to see a slightly chubby character and the not so innocent back story made her interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and could write recommendations that go on forever but this change is just silly.

I'm really not seeing any significant difference.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I never thought Fetch was "slightly chubby" as you put it. The only differences I can see are facial expression, no coat, and different lighting which would all the model seem a bit different.

The End

Seems like a bit of a no brainer after how much I enjoyed ISS, but gunvolt is on friday and I've got a bunch of stuff to finish up before Destiny.

Sigh.

Damn, I can't wait for this. That shot above with her brother, hhhhnnnnggghhh. I forgot about her backstory with her brother, how she got captured in the first place.... prepare for the feels.

edit: unlocks at 10am tomorrow? boooooooooo

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

You're blowing this ay out of proportion. Pretty sure it's at most a slightly adjusted character model, not a drastic change like you're making it out to be. If anything, she now resembles her voice actress even more.

lefantome

Bought the european boxed edition, can't wait.
Her character was interesting but underdeveloped like all the supporting cast of Second Son.

Looks perfectly reasonable and realistic to me considering that this takes place before SS.

Ascenion

1pm unlock? Between this and Diablo 3 releasing at 3am last week... Sony pls

Was just about to come complain about that. The hell is the point of pre loading if I can't play at 12:01 am? I wanna blame the attack but somehow I feel it was that way before the down time. It can't be that hard to have the game unlock by time zone.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Was just about to come complain about that. The hell is the point of pre loading if I can't play at 12:01 am? I wanna blame the attack but somehow I feel it was that way before the down time. It can't be that hard to have the game unlock by time zone.
Hohokum and CounterSpy both unlocked at 1pm as well after preloading.

Pretty much. Why even both with a preload when it unlocks in the middle of the day when most people are at work?

Ugh. I'll probably be playing TWD finale on Tuesday anyway, Infamous might have to wait until Wednesday now

Hellshy.

I just came in to complain about this myself. I feel like this pre-load is more about easing their servers and much less about giving us instant access. 1hr after the day starts is not the end of the world but its a smack if the face when you now have the game installed but have to wait 13hrs after release date to play. It feels like a joke , one that I am on the wrong side of.

Ascenion

Hohokum and CounterSpy both unlocked at 1pm as well after preloading.

Didn't pre-order those, but that doesn't surprise me now. Why 1 pm though? Such a random time. I could understand 12 am PST and 3 am EST but 1 pm? Plus like most people I assumed this would work like steam does.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anyone else having trouble getting the Fetch costume to download? Keeps saying download failed.

Go to your library, look at the add-ons for First Light. It should say the costume was installed.

I've seen people say this is a common issue for some PS4 unlocks. The notification says the download failed, but it's fine.

f@luS

More than a member.
So all Of us that preordered on eu psn that has the shitty bug won't be able to get the preorder bonus ? Way to go ...

Top Bottom