• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Maintenance was meant to happen earlier but got post-poned due to the DDoS attacks.

Hope they fix the goddamn EU pre-order issues.

truth411

This "prime benefit of going digital" and that games unlock at midnight isn't something I've ever experienced. Granted before now I've only ever preordered/preloaded digital games on Steam... But that's the way it works there too. Games unlock at noon release day.

Honestly it doesn't bother me, it's just 12 hours.

I haven't caught up on the whole thread yet, but if that's the case, what's the point of going all digital? Considering all the cons, like no trade value, data caps etc.... You could just go to the store and pick games up quicker and trade it in when your done.

I'm playing InFamous First Light right now.

IdMqwMo.jpg

Rydk7dA.jpg

if you liked Second Son, I think First Light is a no-brainer.

Strider

I haven't caught up on the whole thread yet, but if that's the case, what's the point of going all digital? Considering all the cons, like no trade value, data caps etc.... You could just go to the store and pick games up quicker and trade it in when your done.

the number one reason to go digital is so you always have access to your games library and dont have to worry about switching discs, etc.

That's it. I only go digital when I have to on consoles because the perks of physical copies are much better as you mentioned. I'm just pointing out I'm not bothered by an extra 12 hours. It's really not a big deal to me.

Really hope people don't let reviews affect their purchase. Second Son is a fantastic game and it scored in the low 80's on average. It is predictable this is scoring the same or less.

It is $15 and has the production values of a full retail release. Try it for yourself and decide.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really hope people don't let reviews affect their purchase. Second Son is a fantastic game and it scored in the low 80's on average. It is predictable this is scoring the same or less.

It is $15 and has the production values of a full retail release. Try it for yourself and decide.

This series has never been a review darling but I love it anyway. I'm sure I'll enjoy this.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why didn't it unlock at 9pm PST like PvZ did? It said 13 hours of something last night, kind of frustrating.

This series has never been a review darling but I love it anyway. I'm sure I'll enjoy this.

Ha I was going to mention that seemingly everyone in the press does not care for the franchise, and that has to affect their opinion somewhat. I remember listening to some literally say meh without having played Second Son prior to its release.

One reason or another most people have made up their mind on this franchise and is why both likely and unfortunately SP last Infamous entry for awhile.

tanooki27

the horde mode sounds like filler to me. then again I'm not much of a high score guy. I'll get this anyway cause neon makes for fun traversal.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Am I reading this correctly is the city of Seattle included?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hadn't heard about Freedom Cry. Looked it up and the setting is my island! My eyes swelled up when I saw the Dominican flag on a gameplay video. I'm buying this for sure in a few weeks. Thanks for the tip!!!

Any other AAA stand alones worth checking out?

Hey that's pretty cool. Glad you found that then, enjoy :).

Salz01

No way should this cost 15 bucks if you own the main game. I can see if you don't, that it's a viable pricing option. But I'll wait till it hopefully goes on sale. Saw some gameplay videos, and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

VanWinkle

No way should this cost 15 bucks if you own the main game. I can see if you don't, that it's a viable pricing option. But I'll wait till it hopefully goes on sale. Saw some gameplay videos, and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

What? That seems so bizarre to me. It seems like such generous DLC. New character, new story, new stuff to do, even some new areas. It's far better in visuals and production value than most if not all $15 games. And what does it matter if you have Second Son? This isn't Second Son.

hawk2025

Yes, no way the DLC-priced standalone with more content than 99% of similarly-priced DLC expansions is worth the money.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I would love to buy this, but I keep getting a Bad Gateway message when I try to add funds to my account.

This is so fucking stupid.

I never have these problems when dealing with Xbox Live.

hohoXD123

Eh? The amount of new content here beats most other similarly priced DLC easily.

Suirrad

Anyone else don't see the option to purchase this? I can't add it to my account on PS4 and the online store says I'm "unavailable to purchase this item".

Edit: It seems to be working now

Top Bottom