• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hohokum and CounterSpy both unlocked at 1pm as well after preloading.
Rogue Legacy unlocked at 11pm CST. The times the game unlocks is fucked and random. I thought the store gleamed some insight into when they do but I feel like it's never been right.
Wow. Shes so beautiful.
Yeah...
500px-LauraBailey3.jpg

lt519

I feel like people's $/hour standards are getting more and more ferocious as the years go by.

I blame Apple.

The main SS game took about 6-7 hours for a semi-speed run through hard and 12 for 100% on normal + photography. If they are claiming this to be 4-5 hours I'm guessing for me it'll be even less, I'll still pick it up, but maybe around Christmas time since there is so much else right now and my Holiday games list is laughably small.

U2NUMB

Guess I always thought this was something that required the disc... I shall now buy it and enjoy it! Thanks for the info in the OP

DrM

Redmond's Baby
i managed to preorder on the eu psn store and download it. now it has a countdown clock until i can play. what issues are others having?

A lot of us, who preordered in advance, had preorder cancelled due to issue at Sony. We received preorder cancellation email, but the problem is that we cannot re-order the game - PS Store says 'Unavailable' and when you click 'Tell me more' all we get is text that we already own Infamous: First Light

GavinUK86

A lot of us, who preordered in advance, had preorder cancelled due to issue at Sony. We received preorder cancellation email, but the problem is that we cannot re-order the game - PS Store says 'Unavailable' and when you click 'Tell me more' all we get is text that we already own Infamous: First Light

ohh ok, gotcha.

Lime

i managed to preorder on the eu psn store and download it. now it has a countdown clock until i can play. what issues are others having?

The ones who preordered it before the cancellation last week are unable to place the preorder again, because of a fault in Sony's system.

firsto3kzn.png

When you click "Tell me more"
first2yqk7g.png

LAA

The ones who preordered it before the cancellation last week are unable to place the preorder again, because of a fault in Sony's system.

firsto3kzn.png

When you click "Tell me more"
first2yqk7g.png

Have the exact same problem...No idea whats gonna happen or what to expect...

I did also notice in the download list, it lists both First light and the fetch costume with the status "Pre order payment failed", and had an option to remove it. Thought that meant I'd be able to pre order again, but it just removed it from the download list (of course!), so...hope I can play this day 1, otherwise, simply put, what a cock up.

Been screwed for digital pre-orders the same amount of times its gone well for me now. LBP Vita digital I was screwed for, downloaded the game but couldnt activate/play it, and had to wait a few days for a refund and buy it again... Now this. Only Sly Copper and Tearaway have been fine for me pre-order wise.

truth411

I don't understand why this game can't start being played at midnight. It makes know sense that my countdown says it's playable @ Noon tomorrow ugh...

I don't understand why this game can't start being played at midnight. It makes know sense that my countdown says it's playable @ Noon tomorrow ugh...

Yeah, it says 1pm EST for me.

I hope this isn't a trend. I pre-ordered Destiny digitally because I wanted to play it the earliest I could. Would be upset if I could have gone to pick up the physical version quicker.

ocean

Banned
I hope this sells a lot. It could send a message to publishers that there's a market for shorter, cheaper AAA experiences. At US$15, these things are almost impulse buys. With engines and assets used in mainline titles, this monetization avenue is a lot more consumer friendly (sadly, probably not more profitable though) than cosmetic DLC in my opinion.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Didn't realize preorders don't get paid for immediately. Preordered this but then this afternoon I got an email from Sony saying I had insufficient funds. I have auto-funding turned off and this was the reason. I've added credit to the wallet so should be ok now, but I'd like an option to pay outright when I place the order.

Darknight

Quick Q, is that Fetch pre-order DLC ever gonna become available to purchase or no? I really dislike preorder DLC that can never be gotten anywhere else after its out. Even for .99, they should offer it later on. (I liked the PvZ:GW DLC but I aint paying $40 for that)

sjay1994

I love Nate Fox's story of what went down during the mo cap recording of fetch's corruption route.

Laura Bailey is Fetch
Travis Willingham (Reggie) is Laura Bailey's husband
Troy Baker (Delsin) is Travis's best friend and first man at his wedding.

Travis was losing his shit during the scene.

aro52

I love Nate Fox's story of what went down during the mo cap recording of fetch's corruption route.

Laura Bailey is Fetch

Acting is weird.
"We're gonna pay your wife to make out with your best friend, and you have to watch!"

Laura Bailey is Fetch

Lol I was actually wondering how awkward/unsettling that must of been for Travis after watching that scene.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope this sells a lot. It could send a message to publishers that there's a market for shorter, cheaper AAA experiences. At US$15, these things are almost impulse buys. With engines and assets used in mainline titles, this monetization avenue is a lot more consumer friendly (sadly, probably not more profitable though) than cosmetic DLC in my opinion.
Exactly my thought as well. I know Ubi has been doing it lately and I would love other devs and publishers to join in.

I assume that the 10am PST unlock (Sucker Punch and PSN QA are West Coast based) is to ensure any issues that arise aren't essentially ignored until the next day.

If it DOES release at midnight EST, though... I hope I don't stay up too late :p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

yea, it's not as easy to up-sell since it doens't really have much of a retail presence. Season Passes are easier because the majority of attach rates are done at the register when fans come in to pick up their pre orders. You have a sales person whose incentivized to recommend it.

That gets a little lost with these stand-alone add-ons. Hard to really get the message across that you don't need to own the full game, and it's only $15. It's very similar to Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry. It's a really good idea but I'm not sure it really brings in enough revenue yet either.

K' Dash

I just bought a code from amazon to download this and it's not working, please don't tell me the fucking code won't work until the game is released?

ocean

Banned
yea, it's not as easy to up-sell since it doens't really have much of a retail presence. Season Passes are easier because the majority of attach rates are done at the register when fans come in to pick up their pre orders. You have a sales person whose incentivized to recommend it.

That gets a little lost with these stand-alone add-ons. Hard to really get the message across that you don't need to own the full game, and it's only $15. It's very similar to Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry. It's a really good idea but I'm not sure it really brings in enough revenue yet either.
Hadn't heard about Freedom Cry. Looked it up and the setting is my island! My eyes swelled up when I saw the Dominican flag on a gameplay video. I'm buying this for sure in a few weeks. Thanks for the tip!!!

Any other AAA stand alones worth checking out?

VanWinkle

So have they done anything new with Seattle? Have they done any graphic/framerate improvements or is it just the exact same engine? Are there any new times of day?

Basically I'm just wondering how new this will feel, or if it's more of a character skin on the same world we've already played.

I also want to chime in and say how stupid it is that this is inexplicably only playable at 1PM EST instead of midnight or at least in the morning.

So have they done anything new with Seattle? Have they done any graphic/framerate improvements or is it just the exact same engine? Are there any new times of day?

Basically I'm just wondering how new this will feel, or if it's more of a character skin on the same world we've already played.
There's a whole new area to play in and her powers will be different than Delsin's.

Top Bottom