• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Dawg

Reviews are disappointing :(
Sounds average at best.

Oh well, it's already purchased.
I enjoyed the base game, so I'm sure there will be some fun to be had.

Festival of Blood only got 78% as well, and I enjoyed that DLC a lot.

In fact, I just checked and Eurogamer gave FoB a 6/10, just like First Light.

K' Dash

downloading right now because of amazon code... how is it possible that you can't start preloading with the code? shit needs to be fixed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played a little so far and the framerate seems a lot higher than the main game. Must be because it's a smaller overall area. It's not 60 but it's more consistently high.

S1kkZ

short first impressions:

-looks fantastic, maybe even slightly better than second son
-fetch plays great. i love her melee combo and the air dash
-framerate seems better. the annoying stutter (from second son when playing with unlocked framerate) is gone. its not solid 60 frames, but it feels a lot better than ss.
-there is some cool motion blur on fetch legs when she runs. never noticed that in ss.
-the arena with the challenge stuff seems cool

The End

short first impressions:

-looks fantastic, maybe even slightly better than second son
-fetch plays great. i love her melee combo and the air dash
-framerate seems better. the annoying stutter (from second son when playing with unlocked framerate) is gone. its not solid 60 frames, but it feels a lot better than ss.
-there is some cool motion blur on fetch legs when she runs. never noticed that in ss.
-the arena with the challenge stuff seems cool

HMMMM

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
My god. This is fun. Fetch plays way better than Delsin. And there's a lot of really cool feeling touches here and there.
downloading right now because of amazon code... how is it possible that you can't start preloading with the code? shit needs to be fixed.
Probably just a technical issue. The code isn't for a pre-order, it's for the game.

K' Dash

My god. This is fun. Fetch plays way better than Delsin. And there's a lot of really cool feeling touches here and there.
Probably just a technical issue. The code isn't for a pre-order, it's for the game.

I bought the code before the game was launched, that sounds like a preorder to me, they should let me redeem it and preload, that's it.

Anyway, next time I'll just buy a $20 prepaid card and be done with it.

Slaythe

So thanks sony for not letting us re preorder the game so that we can't preload and get it.

Seriously how can they poop on us so hard ?

kubus

When the credits rolled I was really surprised to see (character name and VA "spoilers")
Ashley Johnson
credited as
Jenny
. I played
The Last of Us
before this and I really didn't recognize the voice actor at all. Pretty amazing.

S1kkZ

i wondered why the city, despite beeing the same, feels so different. there are no (really minor spoiler)
dup buildings/concrete constructs. probably also the reason for the slightly better framerate.

Melchiah

WTF?! There's no option to buy either of the versions on the European store for those, whose pre-order got cancelled. Really nice, if we don't get to play this on the release date. I sure as hell won't be paying a full price later on.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I bought the code before the game was launched, that sounds like a preorder to me, they should let me redeem it and preload, that's it.
Anyway, next time I'll just buy a $20 prepaid card and be done with it.
Hey, take that up with Amazon. I have no idea what you think you bought (or Amazons wording) but it seems like you pre-ordered a code for the game. Not the PSN pre-order. But yes, just buying PSN Credit should always be a simpler move.

Slaythe

WTF?! There's no option to buy either of the versions on the European store for those, whose pre-order got cancelled. Really nice, if we don't get to play this on the release date. I sure as hell won't be paying a full price later on.

Well you preordered the game so it means you wanted the game first, it's normal that you get it last (or not at all since it says we "own it" even though we don't), logic right ?

Oh yeah wait no. Thanks sony. Really nice.

Nugg

How do I check if a game has started preloading? For Diablo, I had the game available at midnight and I didn't even noticed it had downloaded in the background

hawk2025

How do I check if a game has started preloading? For Diablo, I had the game available at midnight and I didn't even noticed it had downloaded in the background

For First Light, it showed up as an icon on my main bar with the download progress and a countdown to unlock, once preloading started.

All other pre-orders show up with a countdown clock under Library.

shwimpy

Does it by itself whenever Sony makes it available as long as the console is on or in standby. Pre-loading is awesome. ;)

You can check the status of the download of the preload in the notification section under downloads.

collected all lumens and did all mini-games on the map in less than an hour. There seems to be around 10% remaining in each district, something labeled unkown. Anyone know what that is or when you unlock that yet?

VanWinkle

Enjoying it so far. Graphics are pretty great (not as blown away as I was when Second Son first came out, mind you), Fetch's neon powers are more fun than Delsin's. Melee is fast and awesome. I really like the lumens as the collectibles.

Also, the title screen is really nice. It's in motion, too, not just a static picture.

10644353_10154514529415626_790982297594933255_o.jpg

Goddammit, I should have pre-ordered. I was just gonna DL it after work.

Can I still get that somehow?

Possibly,

If someone who got a cancellation e-mail can post the Sony Store web link that is included in the e-mail.

We can see if it allows us filthy Non-Pre-Orderers to see if we can Queue it up possibly free of charge.

(I Pre-Ordered from Amazon...)

*Edit*

Link doesn't work for me, Maybe because i'm in the U.S.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/cid=EP9000-CUSA00897_00-INFFL00PREORDPSN

nauWINX.png

gM31bJz.png

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait this has been released? What about physical release I ain't had any shipping notices.

Top Bottom