• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

one and a half hour for EU

kSITkwG.jpg

I'm in Ireland and it's showing 4 hours :/

Why can't these digital games just bloody release at the same time

The title screen is so sexy.

This is the infamous game that you loved early in the year.

Fetch has more meaty attacks, and more graceful neon movements.

Kyoufu

First impressions: Dat framerate.

I think I actually enjoy the racing sidequests more than the main story missions so far. I'm not far in, but the sniping part was frustrating.

Fetch is very fun to play as. Way better than Delsin's Neon, which is no surprise as she's the Neon queen.

SSReborn

If this is how much more advanced Fetch's neon is in comparison to Delsin imagine how much stronger Hank's smoke is. Considering Delsin is just a power sponge he can't even really claim smoke as his power it is still a weaker variant.

Anyways I wouldn't mind if Sucker Punch just kept putting out little standalone Infamous titles on PSN. Would love to see a whole bunch of characters explored and kinda of have their own comic conduit universe in game. But I guess that wouldn't actually work seeing as the reason this works is that they have Seattle already modeled and they can't really have the whole universe only take place in that location.

Also they should've really used that idea I was talking about with Delsin and being able to switch powers on the fly with the touchpad especially for this arena mode it would add to the fun so much; or at least make it a mode that's selectable.

If this is how much more advanced Fetch's neon is in comparison to Delsin imagine how much stronger Hank's smoke is. Considering Delsin is just a power sponge he can't even really claim smoke as his power it is still a weaker variant.

Anyways I wouldn't mind if Sucker Punch just kept putting out little standalone Infamous titles on PSN. Would love to see a whole bunch of characters explored and kinda of have their own comic conduit universe in game. But I guess that wouldn't actually work seeing as the reason this works is that they have Seattle already modeled and they can't really have the whole universe only take place in that location.

Also they should've really used that idea I was talking about with Delsin and being able to switch powers on the fly with the touchpad especially for this arena mode it would add to the fun so much; or at least make it a mode that's selectable.

This makes me wanna play more Infamous Standalone Prequel(Or sequel) DLCs.
Would like to play Eugene because he could be the most interesting one when it comes down to missions variety.

S1kkZ

Should you play First Light before Second Son? I'm thinking about picking this up. Is there a good deal?

both games in a row... i dont know about that. you might get burned out after you finished ss. its hard to say if you can start with first light, since i havent finished it yet, but if you dont find ss for a good price, first light seems like a decent way to jump in.

One of the Arena Challenges requires a savegame from Second Son. The problem is when I try to copy my savegame from the online server, it cannot complete because it says Second Son is not installed. Any workaround to this problem? I don't have Second Son anymore.

SSReborn

This makes me wanna play more Infamous Standalone Prequel(Or sequel) DLCs.
Would like to play Eugene because he could be the most interesting one when it comes down to missions variety.
Yeah he could have some great missions manifesting different things maybe some inspired by the game he plays a game within a game lol and Hank could as well I could imagine him pulling bank robberies and having a storyline centering around his daughter and life of crime.

Frillen

So I have to wait until 1am now, then manually download the game, then bed time. Fuck you Sony, will not be able to play until tomorrow.

Ricky_R

Should you play First Light before Second Son? I'm thinking about picking this up. Is there a good deal?

I would start with SS regardless of First Light being a prequel. I think it's better to experience any changes/improvements made to FL after playing Second Son.

That's just me though. I always prefer going with order of release.

Grisby

Wowzers. You forget how good Infamous looks. Only played about 40 minutes or so before I had to get off. Fun time just neon running.

Haven't played Second Son since completing it a few days after release so HEY PHOTO MODE is pretty freaking cool. Little cumbersome but a much appreciated feature.

I hope it is not much of a fuss to get Platinum

the problem I see so far are the challenges. Looks like it could be dozens of hours of grinding. Stuff like kill 150 of a certain type of enemy. And besides the story challenges, each arena has its own set of challenges...you have to complete all of them

VanWinkle

I hate, HATE, that Photo Mode is assigned to R3 instead of L3. There's a lot less you can do, because you can't easily use the face buttons while going into it now. It doesn't make any sense why they did this.

FiveEyes

Banned
No way should this cost 15 bucks if you own the main game. I can see if you don't, that it's a viable pricing option. But I'll wait till it hopefully goes on sale. Saw some gameplay videos, and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

This is great value. $15 is two maps in Call of Duty.

Lucent

I love Fetch's outfit here (her brown coat and stuff). Looks much better. I also love her melee attacks more than Delsin's so far. She doesn't use a weapon, she just punches them with neon-infused fists. =D

Dragon

Banned
So this lumen race, where the hell does it go when it gets to the statue? It just disappears and I lose every time...

No way should this cost 15 bucks if you own the main game. I can see if you don't, that it's a viable pricing option. But I'll wait till it hopefully goes on sale. Saw some gameplay videos, and it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I love that you haven't even played the effin game and you make a decision on its value for everyone else. Seriously what the hell?

Lucent

So this lumen race, where the hell does it go when it gets to the statue? It just disappears and I lose every time...

I love that you haven't even played the effin game and you make a decision on its value for everyone else. Seriously what the hell?

I dunno because I've got it twice (first one when they introduce it to you and then another one I did on the side). If you lose sight of it just look at the mini map and guide your dot towards it. Helps me while still running through the hoops to build speed. I've caught it while still seeing more hoops in front of me.

And yeah I don't get the complaint about the price. This seems to have a considerable amount of playtime for the price. And the graphics and gameplay are not downgraded at all. This is like a nice chunk of a full game. Very worth it to me so far.

anddo0

I allowed my nephew to start a playthrough on my PS4. I'll make my own save file later.

The game definitely looks and runs better. I'm not sure how they pulled it off.
Gameplay looks solid. The opening tutorial gives a great overview of how the challenge mode will play out.. No regrets, more Infamous is always a good thing.

Lucent

Playing with Fetch is definitely smoother than Delsin.

Anyway, good game.

Yeah. I kinda like how she plays more than him already. Her stance seems more solid, too. And her hand to hand combat is more satisfying than beating people with a chain. I love the kick she does to send people flying.

Slaythe

Can the people who got the preorder gtlich please start getting angry ?

Cause we "already own this product and it can not be purchased", so it's not just a preload issue, we can't buy it at all.

Top Bottom