• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

SSReborn

I hate, HATE, that Photo Mode is assigned to R3 instead of L3. There's a lot less you can do, because you can't easily use the face buttons while going into it now. It doesn't make any sense why they did this.

I think it's because you use l3 alot more in the gameplay and that's takes precedent plus they didn't want to run into those problems you just mentioned.

To those who own and have played it, is this basically just neon powers reskinned in the same area? Or is it a different setting and a completely different move set? Kinda bummed there is only the same exact power on a new character honestly. Really enjoyed second son enough to get platinum but playing with neon powers again doesn't sound like enough to get me to spend 15 bucks.
She plays and feels totally different than neon Delsin in terms of combat it doesn't feel like a retread

JayHayabusa

Things have progressed here. While I still cant buy it, the annoying message that the action is unavailable and how i already own it just disappeared. Not sure when the store updates here. It is currently 00h17 here in Paris France.

Frillen

Things have progressed here. While I still cant buy it, the annoying message that the action is unavailable and how i already own it just disappeared. Not sure when the store updates here. It is currently 00h17 here in Paris France.

I'm in the same time zone as you (Norway) and I just bought it, so the problem seems to be fixed.

Quick

Banned
To those who own and have played it, is this basically just neon powers reskinned in the same area? Or is it a different setting and a completely different move set? Kinda bummed there is only the same exact power on a new character honestly. Really enjoyed second son enough to get platinum but playing with neon powers again doesn't sound like enough to get me to spend 15 bucks.

Having played it differently, she plays different than Delsin.

You can actually do the neon dash she does in Second Son, that Delsin can only do partially.

Same sort of mechanics in terms of the Karma Bomb, where you build up a special move by taking out enemies, though. But that's a fraction of it.

KorrZ

Having played it differently, she plays different than Delsin.

You can actually do the neon dash she does in Second Son, that Delsin can only do partially.

Same sort of mechanics in terms of the Karma Bomb, where you build up a special move by taking out enemies, though. But that's a fraction of it.

You can do the full Neon Dash as Delsin if you go the Evil route. Is there anything else different to her move set?

Razia

God damn, controlling Fetch feels so fucking good. And she can phase through Goddamn fire escapes. Glorious.

Melchiah

Little easter egg.

iGXzsNH5MNzPz.jpg

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Already completed story on expert, 100%. Played the first arena and only stopped because of phone call. But even that seems like a cakewalk. I'll have platinum by tomorrow.

Was hoping for something a little more substantial...

OsirisBlack

Banned
Most fun I have had on my PS4 in a while outside of Diablo III. The controls and fighting seems much tighter and the framerate is much better. I do have a question and wonder if anyone could help. I preordered this and it says I have the Fetch DUP in my addons but I do not see the costume anywhere where in the absolute hell do I equip it?

Asbear

Banned
This is not really a big spoiler so I won't mark it.

Why the hell is Travis Willingham in this one too when he is not Reggie, and as a major character?? They didn't even stylize his design or anything, It's just Reggie but with different hair and a really fake accent.

Gray Matter

This is not really a big spoiler so I won't mark it.

Why the hell is Travis Willingham in this one too when he is not Reggie, and as a major character?? They didn't even stylize his design or anything, It's just Reggie but with different hair and a really fake accent.

Yup. At first I thought it was just Reggie working undercover.

it can still be him. I haven't finished the campaign yet.

nikos

So tempted to buy this even though I haven't played Second Son yet. I only own the first inFamous, and though I never finished it, it was fun.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finished it. It wasn't the greatest game I've ever played. I did like Fetch, but I felt like the story it told would of been better in a 4-6 minute video clip. I had fun, but nothing felt new. The graphics are fantastic! Even as a sandbox game I felt it was just simply DLC. I give it a 7/10.

I like the neon colors. I just felt they used certain side missions that they've used before and made this. I don't see a lot replay value to it unless you absolutely love it. I loved the first two, but just this DLC didn't quite amaze me. Again, the graphics and lights are great. I hope to see more of that this gen.

Some things felt better than others. It felt like it was taking place during the slow parts of Infamous 1 and 2.

DirtyLarry

Most fun I have had on my PS4 in a while outside of Diablo III. The controls and fighting seems much tighter and the framerate is much better. I do have a question and wonder if anyone could help. I preordered this and it says I have the Fetch DUP in my addons but I do not see the costume anywhere where in the absolute hell do I equip it?
You can enable it in the Arena mode, when you revisit that mode it gives you the option to choose which costume you want, that is one of them.

So I just played Arena mode for a good 45 minutes with Fetch, then I realized there was another option to play it with Delsin fully pimped out (I am guessing because I beat Second Son, but not sure). Honestly love just the arena mode, as it is quite a challenge for my 39 year old self, the reflexes are just not what they used to be, so I am really enjoying it. Just good old fashioned ass kicking, but with an arcade aspect, so really, I am not sure what is not to like.

I am wondering if the leaderboards are messed up though, I have 40+ people from Gaf on my friends list from the various GAF spreadsheets, yet not a single person is showing up when I try to sort by friends on the Leaderboards. The global leaderboards work though, so perhaps it is just a possibility no one from Gaf that I am friends with is playing that mode yet. I am quite sure I will be at the bottom of the list once they are.

Barely touched the actual story mode, going to save it for Friday since I have off from work.

It is more Infamous. For $15, seems like a steal to me.

Lucent

Reads like it was written for a college freshman writing class.

I don't even care about the score, but that review is awful.

I kinda disagree with the end of it. I don't think it makes sense to dismiss it if you haven't played Second Son. I feel like this game is a good thing. Like a bite-sized chunk of what you can expect in Second Son. At one fourth of the price, the amount of gameplay hours and content seems acceptable to me.

It's also possible that it may not be something you'd want right away even if you loved Second Son since, for the most part, it's a lot of the same. Either way, I don't think you can really say who it's for in that way.

JLeack

Banned
I kinda disagree with the end of it. I don't think it makes sense to dismiss it if you haven't played Second Son. I feel like this game is a good thing. Like a bite-sized chunk of what you can expect in Second Son. At one fourth of the price, the amount of gameplay hours and content seems acceptable to me.

It's also possible that it may not be something you'd want right away even if you loved Second Son since, for the most part, it's a lot of the same. Either way, I don't think you can really say who it's for in that way.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I agree with you and will improve in the future.

Lucent

So I just played Arena mode for a good 45 minutes with Fetch, then I realized there was another option to play it with Delsin fully pimped out (I am guessing because I beat Second Son, but not sure). .

I think you just had to have a save from it period, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I agree with you and will improve in the future.

No problem. =D

Alucrid

Banned

I thought the more pressing issue was the lack of content in the review that talks about the actual game. There's no discussion about the new powers or arena mode, he just simply states that they exist. Kevin VanOrd gave the same score but actually substantiates his argument within the review.

How hard was it to complete all the challenges?

I don't have it yet, but it's really not that hard. Getting 500k points is easy as in surviving and rescuing. Right now the most challenging one is air to air kills...I have like, 5.

Top Bottom