• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Just finished it, and I gotta say I wish this was developed as the main game instead of Second Son. All of the side content is better. The battle Arena is fun as hell. Fetch's neon is the best power in the game. Lumens are way more fun to get than Shards.

Also, is anybody else unable to access the DUP Fetch costume?

Lucent

I thought the more pressing issue was the lack of content in the review that talks about the actual game. There's no discussion about the new powers or arena mode, he just simply states that they exist. Kevin VanOrd gave the same score but actually substantiates his argument within the review.

Yeah, well, I just wanted to point out what I did. I'm not sure if he was just trying to avoid spoilers or what, but there's always room for improvement. You just said it was awful without really saying why.

Just finished it, and I gotta say I wish this was developed as the main game instead of Second Son. All of the side content is better. The battle Arena is fun as hell. Fetch's neon is the best power in the game. Lumens are way more fun to get than Shards.

Yeah, Fetch is much more likable. I mean, I liked Delsin, but the way he came off sometimes irritated me a bit. My main complaint with Second Son is that there wasn't a whole lot of enemy variety. Was really surprised when I found out that, for the most part, you're just fighting a lot of DUP guys. Kind of a let down after some of the cool things I fought in the first couple of infamous games. Though I didn't really like having a bunch of ugly monsters from infamous 2, unless they could pull them off better here.

I'm hoping now that Sucker Punch has a foundation to build off of with these games, they'll be able to focus more on making awesome powers and enemies and stuff if and when they make another infamous. They got the engine down (though I wouldn't mind improvements), they just need to spruce up everything else.

Just finished playing a bit of it. Man, the melee combat is a step up from SS. I'm having a ton of fun with it. Fetches powers are great too. I'm not really feeling the boost orbs scattered around the world, they look out of place. I would of rather had the boost ability faster and have it able to be toggled while on the ground.

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
So how do the pre-order bonuses work? I pre-ordered just before release, but didn't get a code or anything and can't access the DUP Outfit.

Do they just take some time to send the codes or what?

So far I'm definitely enjoying it, though I wish it connected more to Second Son. Hopefully we do get some DLC that adds on to the main campaign.

EDIT: I think I mixed up my outfits. The pre-order one isn't the DUP one, but I do believe there's supposed to be one for pre-ordering.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The DUP outfit is available after completing the story, I think. The game took me to selection screen, had me choose my outfit, and dumped me into Arena mode.

Not played either of the infamous games, is it recommended to play the main game first ? Does this spoil anything from the main game ?

Ascenion

Not played either of the infamous games, is it recommended to play the main game first ? Does this spoil anything from the main game ?

This takes place before the main game so, no you don't have to play it but this would make more sense as a framing device if you had played SS. It doesn't spoil anything either aside from maybe like a bit of the opening few minutes sorta.

This takes place before the main game so, no you don't have to play it but this would make more sense as a framing device if you had played SS. It doesn't spoil anything either aside from maybe like a bit of the opening few minutes sorta.

Cool thanks. Will try this and see if i like the gameplay , which in turn might get me to buy the maingame :)

LiK

finished it, really enjoyed it. fun game and Fetch is great. A bit on the short side but it doesn't overstay its welcome. Good satisfying ending.

There's a nice bonus for people who own the main game.

grapetile

Neo Member
I just spent wayyy too much time in the arena.

bOgXZNW.jpg

This game is great.

Also, is anybody else unable to access the DUP Fetch costume?

I really didn't care for the lumens. Outside of the moving ones (which were fun) they were all found bynsimply going to the tallest nearby building and gliding over to it.

To me the world just seemed even more empty, silent, and dull than in second son.

grapetile

Neo Member
HOLY SHIT! I died just as I reached 500k. Any tips?

Just rotate getting missiles. I had fully upgraded missiles, and I used them almost exclusively. I'd focus and just R2 somebody if my multiplier was about to run out, but that was about it. Prioritize living over getting more missiles, but remember that getting neon does give you health back.

Basically just keep moving and rotate around the map getting neon, dumping missiles where enemies are clustered, getting neon, dumping missles, repeat.

Good luck!

LiK

just make sure to switch to Home Theater in Options. It defaults to TV Speakers. I played half the game without knowing that and was wondering why the surround was so bad. It wasn't a huge improvement with HT mix but slightly better.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Just rotate getting missiles. I had fully upgraded missiles, and I used them almost exclusively. I'd focus and just R2 somebody if my multiplier was about to run out, but that was about it. Prioritize living over getting more missiles, but remember that getting neon does give you health back.

Basically just keep moving and rotate around the map getting neon, dumping missiles where enemies are clustered, getting neon, dumping missles, repeat.

Good luck!

Yeah, once you get powered up, the challenge goes away. It's like keeping a beach ball up in the air. It's really about how much time you want to invest to grind out a high score. No way I do this for over an hour!

Tahnit

Banned
Finished it but
WTF is with the ending? In second son you are made to believe that fetch killed brent because of withdrawl from the drugs. But in first light the drugs are just a backdrop. It only really happens at the end when she is syringed. Only then does she end up killing brent because the hallucinations made her think she was being attacked. It ended up being kinda a retcon.

Other than that I really enjoyed it. Beat it in one sitting however. May mess around with the arena combat though.

f@luS

More than a member.
What are thé bonuses If u have SS already , coz i still cant order since they canceled my preorder on eu psn so I lay grab it on us psn just if the bonuses aren't worth it. As my Ss save is from a PAL game

finished it, really enjoyed it. fun game and Fetch is great. A bit on the short side but it doesn't overstay its welcome. Good satisfying ending.

There's a nice bonus for people who own the main game.
Delsin is hilarious in the arena

"UH, when did I get captured?"

scoobs

Fetch is such a better character than Delsin. Hope they have the balls to make their next game a female lead and she's as good as Fetch (or Fetch again, thats cool)

Really annoyed, cus of the Lizard Squad nonsense last night I couldn't pre-order this so I've missed out on the DUP costume. Is it worth contacting Sony support about that?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Finished it but
WTF is with the ending? In second son you are made to believe that fetch killed brent because of withdrawl from the drugs. But in first light the drugs are just a backdrop. It only really happens at the end when she is syringed. Only then does she end up killing brent because the hallucinations made her think she was being attacked. It ended up being kinda a retcon.

Other than that I really enjoyed it. Beat it in one sitting however. May mess around with the arena combat though.

That bothered me too. Filling in the blanks attempts to remove her from responsibility... is that supposed to make her more heroic? I had more sympathy for Fetch because of how tragic the death of Brent was in Second Son...

damidu

just spent an hour or so and loving it.
as said before fetch is much more relatable character than delsin and side stuff is more fun than main game.

and a question
some of the collectibles look quite out of reach. do you get them after some power upgrades or am i missing something?

just spent an hour or so and loving it.
as said before fetch is much more relatable character than delsin and side stuff is more fun than main game.

and a question
some of the collectibles look quite out of reach. do you get them after some power upgrades or am i missing something?

Once you upgrade your jump and glide you can get all of them. Just look around for the tallest building, sprint then jump and glide.

Lucent

Finished it. The end makes the beginning of Second Son make more sense. I was wondering why
Fetch and Eugene's powers were all over the place near the crash site. For some reason I just thought they wanted to make that place flashy and make you go "WTF?" lol. Didn't realize they were all in the truck together.

Top Bottom