• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Bebpo

Banned
Hmm, so people here are saying it's not that substantial and feels like DLC episode. I thought it was supposed to be meatier than Festival of Blood?

I found FoB really satisfying, but SS itself kind of weak (great graphics/combat, nothing much to do; was hoping FL would take SS's city and make it feel more game-like and interesting). Is this worth $15?

Strange question perhaps, but is playing this going to be "enough infamous" for somebody who isn't really fussed on the series?

Strange question perhaps, but is playing this going to be "enough infamous" for somebody who isn't really fussed on the series?

I'm hoping the same , never really liked second sons main guy so if I can experience the whole city minus a few powers I will gladly do so.

jediyoshi

Finished it. The end makes the beginning of Second Son make more sense. I was wondering why
Fetch and Eugene's powers were all over the place near the crash site. For some reason I just thought they wanted to make that place flashy and make you go "WTF?" lol. Didn't realize they were all in the truck together.

Hrm,
I'm pretty sure they were already explicit on everything that led up to their getaway in SS including them being in the same vehicle and bald dude being the one who initiated it.

Lucent

I'm hoping the same , never really liked second sons main guy so if I can experience the whole city minus a few powers I will gladly do so.

I would say it's enough for the price. I beat the campaign in about 4-5 hours or so, but I was also doing all the side things. And taking pictures. lol.

Fetch is definitely more fun to play as somehow. And I like her character. They did a really good job with her here. She has the power that was arguably the best one in Second Son, but they're much better with her. Her hand to hand is a lot more fun and can whoop some ass.

You don't get the whole city to explore. I think it's pretty much the first city. You can't go to the other side at all. But it's big enough for what you're doing in the game anyway.

The arena stuff you unlock as you play is pretty fun, too. That is something you can keep replaying, especially if you're into trying to beat other people's scores on the leaderboards. You can even play as Delsin in the arena if you have Second Son (might only need a save file from it). I think you can unlock him somehow even if you don't have the game but I'm not sure. And when you pick him, you pick between good and evil form. There's also power sources all over the arena for him to draw his different powers from.

After playing both First Light and Second Son, I would probably say I would've been okay just having First Light. Yeah, you can go through a good path and evil path with Delsin, and you end up with four different powers, but the variety in enemies and the things you do are pretty much what you can do in First Light. Just less of it, which isn't so bad. Basically just makes for less collecting and side things.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Second Son for what it was, but I feel like it was a bit overpriced after playing First Light. Just hoping that the next infamous will build off of the amazing graphics and satisfying combat in these and make a more interesting story and more things to do and fight.

Hrm,
I'm pretty sure they were already explicit on everything that led up to their getaway in SS including them being in the same vehicle and bald dude being the one who initiated it.

Ah. It's been awhile since I've played Second Son. Guess I forgot or didn't really notice they said anything about it. Just thought they said they escaped from that prison but I didn't know it was at the same time. Still gotta finish the evil playthrough sometime.

ocean

Banned
I got this, and having never played any other infamous it's been great fun. One question though:

The beginning of the story gave me the impression that I was supposed to keep my powers discreet. However there seems to be no adverse consequence to run around the city at lightspeed. The first time I was able to freely roam the city, it took me a very long time to get where I was going because I thought I was supposed to keep my powers secret. Are bystanders and non-playable characters in the city just going to ignore the blazing neon lights rushing just passed him?

Haven't done much. Only got around to doing the first arena bit and wanted to make sure I got the DUP outfit by doing a challenge. It showed up so everything is fine now

jobrro

I got this, and having never played any other infamous it's been great fun. One question though:

The beginning of the story gave me the impression that I was supposed to keep my powers discreet. However there seems to be no adverse consequence to run around the city at lightspeed. The first time I was able to freely roam the city, it took me a very long time to get where I was going because I thought I was supposed to keep my powers secret. Are bystanders and non-playable characters in the city just going to ignore the blazing neon lights rushing just passed him?

The most the citizens will do is heckle you, just enjoy your powers as much as you want.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

The NPCs are almost braindead in this game. They barely care about you or your powers. Next gen crowd behaviors were a missed opportunity.

LiK

Is it me or are the graphics not quite as good as SS? For some reason I remember the main game looking cleaner. Maybe it's just my memory.

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
I would say it's enough for the price. I beat the campaign in about 4-5 hours or so, but I was also doing all the side things. And taking pictures. lol.

Fetch is definitely more fun to play as somehow. And I like her character. They did a really good job with her here. She has the power that was arguably the best one in Second Son, but they're much better with her. Her hand to hand is a lot more fun and can whoop some ass.

You don't get the whole city to explore. I think it's pretty much the first city. You can't go to the other side at all. But it's big enough for what you're doing in the game anyway.

The arena stuff you unlock as you play is pretty fun, too. That is something you can keep replaying, especially if you're into trying to beat other people's scores on the leaderboards. You can even play as Delsin in the arena if you have Second Son (might only need a save file from it). I think you can unlock him somehow even if you don't have the game but I'm not sure. And when you pick him, you pick between good and evil form. There's also power sources all over the arena for him to draw his different powers from.

After playing both First Light and Second Son, I would probably say I would've been okay just having First Light. Yeah, you can go through a good path and evil path with Delsin, and you end up with four different powers, but the variety in enemies and the things you do are pretty much what you can do in First Light. Just less of it, which isn't so bad. Basically just makes for less collecting and side things.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Second Son for what it was, but I feel like it was a bit overpriced after playing First Light. Just hoping that the next infamous will build off of the amazing graphics and satisfying combat in these and make a more interesting story and more things to do and fight.

Ah. It's been awhile since I've played Second Son. Guess I forgot or didn't really notice they said anything about it. Just thought they said they escaped from that prison but I didn't know it was at the same time. Still gotta finish the evil playthrough sometime.

Agreed.

I played the arena as Delsin for one round and immediately went back to Fetch. Her speed, maneuverability, melee, etc. are all MUCH better than Delsin as far as power sets go. I wish we can get some additional DLC from one of the other characters, preferably Hank or Augustine, as it's apparent that Delsin in a sense got the "gimped" version of their powers. But as Sucker Punch is a one-game-at-a-time studio, and they just suffered layoffs, I assume they're either starting on the next inFamous game or moving on to a new IP.

Good DLC though and worth the $15.

LiK

I'm pretty glad Fetch got her own lil thing. Was disappointed how her and the other Conduits weren't full fleshed out in the main game. This sorta fixes that,

delSai

I kinda liked it more than the Maingame... i don't want to know how many hours i'll be putting into the Arena.

Also sorry if someone already asked this (pretty sure someone did) but my DUP Fetch Costume seems to be installed but i can't use it, how can i fix this?

Stormus

Nice, I'll wait for a box release. :) I wasn't a big fan of the main game, but Fetch was my favorite NPC so I'll give it a second chance.

My question is, will the EU version of the game be essentially the same as the NA version? Will it be in English? And there will be no territory lock to prevent me from playing it, right?

Thanks ahead of time.

grapetile

Neo Member
Speechless haha. Its crazy that the differential from you and second place could land you around the top 10 alone. Impressive stuff

I totally expect to be knocked off the top of that arena once people put more time in, but it feels good for now haha. Had fun while I was doing it too, so it was win-win.

Liamc723

My question is, will the EU version of the game be essentially the same as the NA version? Will it be in English? And there will be no territory lock to prevent me from playing it, right?

Thanks ahead of time.

The EU version will be exactly the same as the NA version and will be in English as long as you buy it from a UK retailer.

SerTapTap

Didn't like Fetch much at all in the main game. She's great in this. Was super worried when Shane started calling but Fetch giving him shit is great.

Just got to the part where you can collect lumines and...stopped doing everything else. Fetch's movement is great. So glad you "morph" through awnings and balconies when running up walls now, with Delsin that was the most annoying crap because you'd get stuck. Did they fix that in the main game or is it only for Fetch?

Gameplay-wise you're missing quite a lot, and over half of the city, though the prison is all new. I personally wouldn't say it's "enough", but if you're being cheap it's probably enough to hold you over until Second Son hits $20-$30 on sale this holiday maybe.

jpbonadio

Banned
I played First Light yesterday. What an amazing looking game. The graphics are even better than Second Son. Better IQ, better lightning, better AA, better framerate.

Second Son was the game with better graphics ever, but now First Light takes its crown.

Dave_6

LOVE this. Started it up late just to try it out and wound up playing it for over two hours. Fetch is a great character and her powers are awesome.

Sirolf

I played First Light yesterday. What an amazing looking game. The graphics are even better than Second Son. Better IQ, better lightning, better AA, better framerate.

Second Son was the game with better graphics ever, but now First Light takes its crown.

Is it me or are the graphics not quite as good as SS? For some reason I remember the main game looking cleaner. Maybe it's just my memory.

#GAF

LiK

Graphics seem a little better IMO and the frame rate as well.
Framerate is definitely better but I noticed way more aliasing. When I was playing SS I kept stopping to check out the graphics but it looked less impressive this time and I dunno why. Either it's because I played through main game already and got used to it or they downgraded some parts to make the file size smaller.

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda liked it more than the Maingame... i don't want to know how many hours i'll be putting into the Arena.

Also sorry if someone already asked this (pretty sure someone did) but my DUP Fetch Costume seems to be installed but i can't use it, how can i fix this?

I had the same problem and I used the recommendation of restoring licenses in a previous post and that worked for me.

Just go to "Settings" -> "PSN" -> "Restore Licenses" and that should do the trick.

So I contacted Sony support about getting the DUP costume despite not being able to pre-order it, as Lizard Squad had the PSN/PS Store down until a few hours before launch.

They said
no
, which is a shame. I get that it's just a costume and all but I like having all those options - especially for photo mode. Oh well.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Got the DUP outfit working

irE1lDs9K1iMQ.jpg

Go into the PSN section of settings and restore your licenses

Did you finish it?

Thank you, For anyone else having this problem this solution worked for me and 3 of my buddies.

What caught my attention was objects in the distance are somewhat blurred out.
But the game still looks amazing.

LiK

What caught my attention was objects in the distance are somewhat blurred out.
Ah yea, DOF was way more prominent. I noticed that when looking at the Space Needle. It was pretty blurry in the distance and wasn't as blurred in SS, iirc.

dock

I expect the game will be a 6/10 for me, but I'm still planning to buy it. I'd never buy Second Son, but a smaller experience suits me just fine.

I want a fancy PS4 game when I get my PS4 in a couple of weeks, so this seems like a solid candidate as a standalone game, and it's probably about as much patience as I have with their content.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ah yea, DOF was way more prominent. I noticed that when looking at the Space Needle. It was pretty blurry in the distance and wasn't as blurred in SS, iirc.

Was probably how they got the frame rate closer to 60, either way game looks and plays amazingly. I personally think the combat is much more refined this time around.

Fetch's movement is so good. Neon already had the best movement in second son, but the speed boosts and the fact that she phases through certain objects while running up buildings...so smooth

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So what are the Infamous SS bonuses? I have been waiting for SS to go down in price or hit PS+ but hate to miss out on anything cool if I grab this first.

Top Bottom