• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Willeth

Do you get the bonuses from owning Second Son if it's attached to a different account? I bought it from the Hong Kong store because it was a ton cheaper, but I don't know if I should jump through hoops to get First Light from there too or not.

Osahi

Finished it today. Here are some shots I took (spoiler free)

i81HInQigx2uV.jpg

ibldXQ7WNi6Ekz.jpg

ik17qFdDSkLb4.jpg

i3OanxJxecWY1.jpg

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
Her melee is amazing, way better than Delsins.

Indeed. I really like the finisher she has. Very reminiscent of the "Biotic Charge" from Mass Effect, easy to get in close while at the same time creates some distance between you and the enemies. I also like the skill tree better than Second Son too. I felt in SS there was breadth, but no depth.

jpbonadio

Banned
Framerate is definitely better but I noticed way more aliasing. When I was playing SS I kept stopping to check out the graphics but it looked less impressive this time and I dunno why. Either it's because I played through main game already and got used to it or they downgraded some parts to make the file size smaller.

I think something is wrong with your eyes ... First Light is incredibly clean, perfect IQ, better then SS. There are upgrades on lightning and AA for sure.

TripOpt55

Just finished this. Really good game. I like Fetch better than Delsin and her neon powers are my favorite set of powers. Movement is amazing. I already loved Delsin's neon dash, but Fetch's moves are even cooler. They also did a better job with the side content I think. The arena are a great addition for this series. Looking forward to delving into them more.

LiK

I think something is wrong with your eyes ... First Light is incredibly clean, perfect IQ, better then SS. There are upgrades on lightning and AA for sure.

I don't think my eyes can create aliasing. It's far from perfect. Agree to disagree.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Reading that it take 3 hours to beat is a huge disappointment.

I love Infamous 1 and 2, I have the awful comic, I2 CE, Festival of Blood and I bought PS4 just for Infamous Second Son (and still the only PS4 game I own) and despite of being a step back in almost everything from Infamous 1/2 (the story, supporting characters, villains, powers, city, climbing, platforming are all not as good as Infamous 1/2) but I still liked it. but for this standalone dlc to be 15$ for just 2~3 hours is just unacceptable even for me. there are many cheaper dlc and cheaper games that offer more than 3 hours of gameplay.

I guess I'll wait for this to hit $5 or something (good thing it's on disc here so it'll drop in price super fast)

jediyoshi

but for this standalone dlc to be 15$ for just 2~3 hours is just unacceptable even for me. there are many cheaper dlc and cheaper games that offer more than 3 hours of gameplay.

That's a weird way of looking at it. Do you disregard the side missions and collecting as gameplay in the other Infamous games as well? How about other open world games?

DryvBy

This is my favorite shot I took last night. I'm really loving this stand alone, and I wasn't a fan of the SS game.

BwApMd-IAAEv9wu.jpg

Dragon

Banned

I love Infamous 1 and 2, I have the awful comic, I2 CE, Festival of Blood and I bought PS4 just for Infamous Second Son (and still the only PS4 game I own) and despite of being a step back in almost everything from Infamous 1/2 (the story, supporting characters, villains, powers, city, climbing, platforming are all not as good as Infamous 1/2) but I still liked it. but for this standalone dlc to be 15$ for just 2~3 hours is just unacceptable even for me. there are many cheaper dlc and cheaper games that offer more than 3 hours of gameplay.

I guess I'll wait for this to hit $5 or something (good thing it's on disc here so it'll drop in price super fast)

The main story may be 2-3 hours I don't know, but the challenge rooms definitely take more than that!

LiK

Main game can last 4-5 if you collect everything. And there's the challenge rooms which can take a while depending on skill. I think it's a good value.

Sucker Punch says you have to finish the story first, and then it is apparently only usable in the arenas...

Awww what? booo :(

Edit: I guess in terms of context it makes sense though...wearing a DUP outfit in the DUP detention center. Why would she be wearing a DUP outfit 2 years before she's captured :)

But still I would have liked the choice

LiK

Sucker Punch says you have to finish the story first, and then it is apparently only usable in the arenas...
Terribly vague tweet. I got a better response from someone on twitter when I asked them.

"When you select a game mode for Fetch you have the option to choose Curdan Cay, Seattle or D.U.P Fetch."

aro52

Awww what? booo :(

Edit: I guess in terms of context it makes sense though...wearing a DUP outfit in the DUP detention center. Why would she be wearing a DUP outfit 2 years before she's captured :)

But still I would have liked the choice

Right? Forget continuity. (especially post-story) Second Son had outfits in free-roam...

Can anyone help me out here? I've ran into a bug that will not let me progress, its on the mission called 'assault the motherland'.

The part where you have to open the container doors, the touch pad is not opening the door at all, she just does an animation and that's it, then it tells me to shoot R2 to open container for some reason. I do this and still nothing happens. Watching YT videos of this part shows that all you need to do is press the touchpad.

video here

My touchpad is working for everything else, I saw someone on reddit have the same problem, but no solution to it.

Anyone else run into it? I've tried the mission 10 times now, restarted the game, same problem.

LiK

Can anyone help me out here? I've ran into a bug that will not let me progress, its on the mission called 'assault the motherland'.

The part where you have to open the container doors, the touch pad is not opening the door at all, she just does an animation and that's it, then it tells me to shoot R2 to open container for some reason. I do this and still nothing happens. Watching YT videos of this part shows that all you need to do is press the touchpad.

video here

My touchpad is working for everything else, I saw someone on reddit have the same problem, but no solution to it.

Sounds like a glitch. Tried restarting the mission?

Fee

I just now finished up the plat and am over all pretty satisfied with the game. I had been looking forward to the story content before release, but that ended up being just ok. What surprised me though is how much I enjoyed the arenas, going for those score challenges forces you to fully utilize all your abilities in a way that even in the base game on the hardest difficulty i never needed to do. It was a whole lot of fun.

Asbear

Banned
I beat the game an hour ago. It was meh to be honest. Fun but meh because I cared most for the story and it was pretty boring to me.

And as I mentioned ealier, how did Suckerpunch end up reusing Travis Willingham for one of the major characters once again? In the same frigging timeline and story as Delsin Rowe's and they didn't even try to hide it by stylising Shane's character design?

Also, like someone said,
this did seem to retcon Fetch's killing of Brent since it was much more coincidental and innocent here, whereas in SS it seemed that she was actually guilty of doing it.
- I mean, honestly this is pretty silly. Sucker Punch makes a downloadable standalone game that shows us the prequel to SS but then it retcons it. Eh, I like Nate Fox, but I think they should consider giving him a co-writer or more editors so he doesn't constantly write nonsense.

Another thing I have to say though: GAF, please. Stop deluding yourselves. This game might have been optimized a little but it's still your average of 38 frames per second and not 60fps - it doesn't look better, it doesn't look worse, it just has some extra film-grain that makes it look different when you play as Fetch in her flashbacks.

But I have to say, I wanna play a whole game where you're Fetch in the DUP combat suit. That was almost straight outta Metroid and I loved it.

I don't understand this. If you go see a movie and get maybe a small drink or popcorn it'll cost you 15 bucks for a 2 hour movie. This is 15 bucks and main story is like 3 hours. All the extras including challenges and all is probably like 6 or 7 hours. I don't know why people are open to paying to see a movie for a couple hours but aren't open to paying for a game that will take a day or a whole night to beat.

(Yes, I am assuming that you go to the movies on occasion)

f@luS

More than a member.
Im 26% in , after 1h something.

Framerate seems almost always 60 . Very good.

But gfx seems worse than SS. More pop in , and some grain filter on the screen that im not really in love with.

Just done 3 story mission, collecting lumens and co....maybe to early to tell but i would also give 6/10 about what i played.

love her neon abilities, but , the first hours in infamous SS was much more spectacular imho

Dereck

Im 26% in , after 1h something.

Framerate seems almost always 60 . Very good.

But gfx seems worse than SS. More pop in , and some grain filter on the screen that im not really in love with.

Just done 3 story mission, collecting lumens and co....maybe to early to tell but i would also give 6/10 about what i played.

love her neon abilities, but , the first hours in infamous SS was much more spectacular imho
Yeah, why is there pop in?

def sim

This was an enjoyable platinum. I didn't think the challenge mode was for me, but it turned out to be a fun distraction while listening to some podcasts.

Lucent

As I sort of mentioned in a previous post, which was sort of a mini review of how I felt about the game, I think $15 is perfectly fine. Besides having one power set instead of 4 (which, honestly, isn't bad since neon was the best power and the final power in Second Son was a let down) you have plenty to do. The price is definitely right. Especially if you enjoy the arena challenges. Second Son was only about 3x as long and 4x the price. The only reason it can be built up much more is because of all the repetitive side missions. I don't necessarily call an extra play through on evil or hard making more time since it's more or less the same story and slightly different cutscenes. Same with powers.

All in all, I loved both. But I feel like I would've been totally find just having First Light after playing Second Son. They just need to take what they've learned and really increase the focus on a good story, add much more enemy variety, and make side missions that are fun.

GavinUK86

So wait, how does one get the costume DLC from the European store now that my pre-order was cancelled? :(

according to my ps4 it's unable to download it and gives me the error code CE-32920-6 but after i finished the main campaign the dup outfit was available to choose for the challenge rooms. **shrugs**

I lost steam with SS shortly after getting the third power. My completionist tendencies sort of defeated me because I'm the guy that unlocks all districts. However, on vacation I helped my nephew play the game, taking over when he got to a frustratingly difficult part and I really miss the superhero-y stuff!

So...haven't finished SS but thinking about picking this up. Worthwhile?

GavinUK86

I lost steam with SS shortly after getting the third power. My completionist tendencies sort of defeated me because I'm the guy that unlocks all districts. However, on vacation I helped my nephew play the game, taking over when he got to a frustratingly difficult part and I really miss the superhero-y stuff!

So...haven't finished SS but thinking about picking this up. Worthwhile?

definately. it's a lot of fun. i don't want to play as delsin now i've played as fetch though. she's a much better protagonist.

Top Bottom