• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

definately. it's a lot of fun. i don't want to play as delsin now i've played as fetch though. she's a much better protagonist.
I'm thinking a 4-5 hour game would hold my attention better anyway. I WILL finish SS but not platinum it (I never play evil - I was raised on Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and Sega - evil just 'feels' wrong).

GavinUK86

I'm thinking a 4-5 hour game would hold my attention better anyway. I WILL finish SS but not platinum it (I never play evil - I was raised on Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and Sega - evil just 'feels' wrong).

i've done both but evil never feels right. it didn't in past games and it didn't in this one. one good thing about first light is that there's no morality meter.

It actually towards the end gave me a rather Uncharted vibe, like felt almost note for note like something out of ND. That isn't a bad thing either. The story was far more compelling than most of Second Son.

The challenge rooms are pretty rad too. There is almost no reason to chose Delsin in them, if only because of of Fetch's consistently great mobility. Screw those challenges, though. Some of those free roam mid-air kill ones can suck it.

Shin-Ra

This cracked me up.

iFwBecQbDzF4z.gif

Shame only the lower half of the face animates properly.

Grisby

Game is too pretty.

It actually towards the end gave me a rather Uncharted vibe, like felt almost note for note like something out of ND. That isn't a bad thing either. The story was far more compelling than most of Second Son.
I like Fetch's drug angle better. Felt like Delsin basically had a joke for everything and while his relationship to Reggie was alright, I ultimately didn't feel that attached to him.

I don't know what it is exactly but I'm in love with Fetch's character design and face. It just feels totally different from any other female character I've seen in a game. More...real/normal? I don't know. But I think she's beautiful regardless, I'd welcome more game characters of both genders that don't look like they could be a Calvin Klein model.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't know what it is exactly but I'm in love with Fetch's character design and face. It just feels totally different from any other female character I've seen in a game. More...real/normal? I don't know. But I think she's beautiful regardless, I'd welcome more game characters of both genders that don't look like they could be a Calvin Klein model.
She looks like a real person, not a Hollywood actor. Roughed up but still capable and strong.

Liamc723

I finished the main story earlier and made a start on the battle arenas, and the game is okay, I guess. It's just more inFAMOUS really, nothing more, nothing less.

LiK

you like her face eh?

the voice actor:

actor_164.jpg

so, the title of this thread, is based off of the prerelease threads with people not liking fetch and one specific person saying "Sucker punch, stop trying to make fetch happen" no?

Seems like they succeeded based on the opinions in here now

Just running around in the city feels so much more fun than in Second Son. I love the speed boosts and that Fetch will actually go through obstacles when she's climbing up buildings. That would annoy the hell out of me in the main game when Deslin would just stop completely. Overall the gameplay just feels so much tighter and smoother, and so far I think this is absolutely worth the price.

Lucent

so, the title of this thread, is based off of the prerelease threads with people not liking fetch and one specific person saying "Sucker punch, stop trying to make fetch happen" no?

I like her. So they failed. =p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

"Stop trying to make fetch happen," is a line from Mean Girls.

DrSaibotPhd

Neo Member
Finished this earlier and loved it, I'm really digging these smaller stand alone games, really liked Freedom Cry too but back to First Light, the challenge mode is so much fun and Fetch is a much more interesting character to me than Delsin was, also D.U.P. Fetch looks awesome, like an actual superhero.

Shin-Ra

I noticed a couple of inFAMOUS 1 music tracks so far, Fetch's (bros) ringtone and the battle arena music. Might be more tracks in the arena, haven't really got into that beyond the compulsory story visits.

Lima

Bought this today and just got the platinum trophy. Was even easier than the main game on expert because some of her powers are ridiculous.

I had much more fun too. Fetch is such a cool character. The way she looks and moves is much better than Delsin.

It really made me realize how much I disliked him. He is like Connor from AC3 level of bland.

They should have built the whole game around Fetch and oh I always like how these standalone DLC's don't have that karma system bullshit. Just get rid of it for the next game please if you continue to half ass it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This cracked me up.

iFwBecQbDzF4z.gif

Shame only the lower half of the face animates properly.

Fuck lol

The first thing I thought when I saw him was "REGGIE?!"

I honestly thought it would be Reggie before he cleaned up his act and became a sheriff. xD

Finished the story earlier today. Story was decent, a really strong 7/10. Voice acting and characters, especially Fletch were 9/10. Overall a great DLC. I'd like a bit more length, but that will come from the arena I think.

rossgagnon

Neo Member
Okay, someone else contacted me via YT comments, so now I know four people including me with the same problem.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

So get this, I deleted the game, redownloaded, and made a New save file, and it still won't open.

Edit: I had nodded my ds4 to have xbone sticks. I just tried to switch controllers, and it worked like a charm. Maybe I damaged the touch pad in the process?

Just finished the game and really miss the flexibility of Second Son as well as the amount of player choice. Really hated the entire final act where the game becomes little more than a corridor shooter.

Honestly, if you don't want to play in challenge rooms I would suggest waiting on this DLC. As an open world game it is rather boring, short, and lacking in any player choice.

Not too far in but I'm actually enjoying First light quite a bit. I'm a fan of the Infamous series, it isn't perfect but its unique. First Light is extremely beautiful and is more of the awesomeness that SS provided, with a better protagonist. Honestly, Fetch should have been the main character in SS, her back story is way more interesting and it could have filled in large need in terms of female protagonists (or antagonists depending on your choice).

If I get about 4 hours from my $15, I'll think its worth it.

Man, going back to Delsin in Arena is like a kick in the nuts. Fetch's movement around the arena is so much better, and I've taken a real liking to her mind control effect.
It is nice to have a lot more flexibility as Delsin, though.

Also, I noticed all of Delsin's DLC outfits from SS are in the My Add-Ons section, but I can't select them. Anyone else?

TripOpt55

Just got the platinum. Spent my day off playing this and really liked it. Arenas are great and Fetch is awesome. Her moveset is just the best. So much fun. Great job Sucker Punch!

VanWinkle

Fetch's gameplay model in this game is so much lower detail texture-wise than Delsin's in Second Son. Other than that, everything looks just as good.

nikos

So would you guys recommend this for someone who hasn't played SS yet since it's a prequel and only $15?

Played some of this earlier today. I like it a lot! Fetch is a great character, and Sucker Punch did good letting this entire DLC be about her. Sucker Punch seems to have done great with women this time around.

We went from:

to

Better character design, better character depiction, better acting, better, more three dimensional portrayal, it's quite great.

By the way, the entire first post has collapsed.

LiK

Played some of this earlier today. I like it a lot! Fetch is a great character, and Sucker Punch did good letting this entire DLC be about her. Sucker Punch seems to have done great with women this time around.

We went from:

to

Better character design, better character depiction, better acting, better, more three dimensional portrayal, it's quite great.

By the way, the entire first post has collapsed.

i wish the enemies were more like the first two games. we got generic dudes with guns. kinda miss the more comic book feel of the original games.

i wish the enemies were more like the first two games. we got generic dudes with guns. kinda miss the more comic book feel of the original games.

They're making use of the Akura here at least, they did fuck all in Second Son.

I guess with the transition into "the real world" those sorta of comic-booky things have been dropped, which actually, I don't mind so much. I vastly prefer these powered people running around in the real world instead of comic-booky Empire City or New Marais.

jediyoshi

Watched the Giant Bomb video... All those arenas are a disappointment. Going to hold off on grabbing this for now.

Scanned through the video, don't they only show off a single arena with only one of the objectives? To be fair, he dies at around 8000 points, which is about the same as making it halfway through 1-1 in Mario.

LiK

They're making use of the Akura here at least, they did fuck all in Second Son.

I guess with the transition into "the real world" those sorta of comic-booky things have been dropped, which actually, I don't mind so much. I vastly prefer these powered people running around in the real world instead of comic-booky Empire City or New Marais.

i wouldn't mind a more sleek less comic booky comic book-style group tho, heh

Grisby

Uh oh. Had an error screen with corrupted data come up. Kept coming every few minutes interrupting game play.

Restarted the game and used a normal save I had made and it seems to have fixed it. Been running around and did a mission and nothing coming up.

Corrupted data error messages give me the heebee jeebees mates.

Top Bottom