• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Me waiting for this game right now
giphy.gif

AdanVC

Couldn't resist took one more, now I am officially done haha

1655456_10203498791089558_1214241031_o.jpg

This shot alones makes Watch_Dogs graphics looks like a PS2 game. The details on this screenshot and the atmosphere are incredible. It doesn't feel like that classic "gray" game, even if it's in a dark area, the colors on the streetlights and the Neon signs makes it stand out very beautifully. Man, I think I'm going to end up buying a PS4 much, much earlier than I expected just to play this game.

OsirisBlack

Banned
This shot alones makes Watch_Dogs graphics looks like a PS2 game. The details on this screenshot and the atmosphere are incredible. It doesn't feel like that classic "gray" game, even if it's in a dark area, the colors on the streetlights and the Neon signs makes it stand out very beautifully. Man, I think I'm going to end up buying a PS4 much, much earlier than I expected just to play this game.

I have been trying to avoid comparing the two but Ubisoft aiming for the lowest common denominator (ps3,XB360,WiiU) has come back to slap them in the face hard. The fidelity gap between the two is downright embarrassing.

I am convinced Ubisoft nuked PS4 version of Watch Dogs to match the Xbone version. All the shaders and shininess is gone, manabyte is probably right about it

Loudninja

Someone who isn't using TV speakers comment on the audio mix please.
Hard for me to tell what all the ambient sound is because of the sound of the rain. But you can hear the pedestrians talk from time to time, but they're not really chatty, you can hear cars and horns and car alarms while running on the streets and rooftops.

The music that plays when you're in the city is simple and low tones, not loud.

This was one area that I was worried about after reading previews, but I'm happy to say I am pleased with it, Destruction sounds good and so does the fireball, the shotgun like shot sounds great and the melee is pretty good.

All in all I feel like it definitely has enough oomph and more than the previous two for sure.

leng jai

Thanks, missed that. Certainly sounds better than 2. That game sounded like 80% of the ambient sounds were missing.

I'm using 5.1. Seems like I have to put my speakers at a higher volume than normal. Think I'm at like -15db; when I'm usually around -22db.

I feel this has more to do with the PS4 itself. KZ4, Resogun and Dead Nation all need to be turned up higher than usual for me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I am convinced Ubisoft nuked PS4 version of Watch Dogs to match the Xbone version. All the shaders and shininess is gone, manabyte is probably right about it

Makes more sense that Watch Dogs is being held back by last gen versions. I hope folks aren't still expecting the PC version to look like E3 2012.

WD
5 years in development
~500 people

SS
2.5 years in development
~80 people

Man, what the heck is Ubisoft doing.

hydruxo

The thing that is blowing me away about that screen is that this is an open world game, and that we're not even 6 months into this gen yet but we're already getting graphics like this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I almost want to make a new thread titled "look at this shit"

holy god this is next-level
These shots are also compressed as hell since they're just from the Share button and this is a launch window open world game from a studio who wasn't known for tech and graphics last gen. Just amazing.

Top Bottom