• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

Just tried out IB1 on my iPhone 4 and it runs just fine. Sure, it's not as buttery smooth as my iPad 2, but it's definitely playable. I'm not sure why anyone would have troubles running it on an iPhone 4. Maybe close some of your apps running in the background?

Zeth

4 more hours!

For me at least.

After watching the quick look I'm sort of disappointed to see the return of equipment-based XP. In some ways it's a good idea, but too often it becomes annoying when some of your gear has been mastered and you end up grinding away for only a fraction of the total XP you should be earning.

Medalion

Banned
I haven't been able to play Infinity Blade on my iPad 1 in awhile, it keeps crashing

Hopefully IB2 won't have this issue

Oxx

I'm attempting to download even though I'm probably not going to play it until I wake up in the morning.

Oxx

I haven't managed to get beyond the beginning of the opening cinematic before crashing. Restarting device doesn't help. Cripes.

4th gen iPod Touch.

Mifune

Mehmber
4 more hours!

For me at least.

After watching the quick look I'm sort of disappointed to see the return of equipment-based XP. In some ways it's a good idea, but too often it becomes annoying when some of your gear has been mastered and you end up grinding away for only a fraction of the total XP you should be earning.

Once I master something I just move on to a new piece of gear. By then I usually have enough money to get a shiny new treat.

Vire

I haven't managed to get beyond the beginning of the opening cinematic before crashing. Restarting device doesn't help. Cripes.

4th gen iPod Touch.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I had a similar problem with Cut the Rope Experiments.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's not up on the US store right? :(

Here's a countdown timer for the US release

t1322712000z4.png

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Any ideas how this might run on an original iPad? I'm worried it'll be chugtown, what with these kids and their fancy iPhone 4S and iPad2s running around.

Great idea. I think I'll REplay it on my phone since there's no cloud saves between devices.

So dumb, I wish Apple would enforce this shit in universal apps. Game Center + cloud saves, shouldn't be an option. I like Where's My Water on the iPad but I'm much further along on my phone, I hate having 2 separate saves.

Sinthetic

Plays really nicely, looks better than the first, lots more customization and choices.

It recommends you upgrade to iOS 5, I'm still on iOS 4 and it runs just fine.

I only played half an hour and I was already fast forwarding all the pre-battle stuff, but one cool beast I came across looked just like a Locust! Mwahahahahaaaa.

Could this actually be the first iphone game that i play that isn't crap outside of puzzle games? I'm really tempted to try it tonight.

There's a lot of not-crap on the system...The first Infinity Blade being a good place for starters...

I'm referring to stuff on the level of a AAA 3DS or PSP title. If this is anywhere near as good as Mario 3DS or Peace Walker, I'm interested. If not, I'll go play my portables that are designed for video games.

Vire

I'm referring to stuff on the level of a AAA 3DS or PSP title. If this is anywhere near as good as Mario 3DS or Peace Walker, I'm interested. If not, I'll go play my portables that are designed for video games.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

:rolleyes

Seriously? I only have so many hours in the day. Why would I want to choose that playing something that's clearly inferior? I'm not saying Infinity Blade IS inferior, but merely questioning IF it's up to the quality of portable games designed for portable gaming exclusive machines. Fair question, no?

Vire

Because he's a contrarian. Doesn't mean I'm not right ;)

The two aren't even really comparable. One is focused on bite sized chunks that can be played in 5 minute bursts and the other are for a prolonged meaty experience. One also costs 40-50 dollars versus the other average iPhone game costing 99 cents. I can have 50 unique games such as Where is My Water to the one game on a traditional handheld. iPhone games are also much more experimental and free to take risks - these are indie made games that have some of the most interesting new and fun gameplay mechanics I've seen in games in years. If I wanted a steak and potatoes type game - I'll go play it on console. Sitting down with a 40 hour experience on a handheld game like Pokemon just isn't practical to my lifestyle anymore and isn't what I want from an on the go experience.

Fusebox

Banned
Seriously? I only have so many hours in the day. Why would I want to choose that playing something that's clearly inferior? I'm not saying Infinity Blade IS inferior, but merely questioning IF it's up to the quality of portable games designed for portable gaming exclusive machines. Fair question, no?

This is the wrong thread for your wrong opinion.

Could this actually be the first iphone game that i play that isn't crap outside of puzzle games? I'm really tempted to try it tonight.

The misconceptions about iOS gaming being nothing more than cheap-o clones and shallow futzing around are quickly extinguished when you take the time to check out what's on offer these days. Some deep strategy titles, fantastic board and card game iterations, a growing number of good adventure games and the list goes on.

I used to laugh at iOS gaming, but then I found it catered to many of my niche appetites and relish the opportunities this platform affords. More gameplay risks are taken on iOS than any other platform bar the PC indie scene, so if you enjoy fresh experiences, chances are you'll find something interesting here.

And if you're after triple A titles, as the days go by, iOS has more and more titles equivalent to that on the handheld counterparts - and at a fraction of the cost.

Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff on the Appstore and it's a shame when people brush it aside and assume it's all Angry Birds clones and puzzle games.

mujun

I couldn't disagree more. It's stupid to have games like that on handhelds if you ask me, they should be full console releases (imo of course). I tried several times to get into traditional handhelds and never stuck with it for more than a couple of days. iOS on the other hand has been part of my daily gaming menu for more than a year now. And BTW the quality is there, it's just more bite sized. Don't mistake quality for scope.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies

PCs aren't designed for video games but I think most people consider it a pretty viable gaming platform. This argument against iOS gaming doesn't hold water.

I feel like such an idiot for waiting around for Infinity Blade II instead of studying or doing something "productive." But dude

Top Bottom