• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

Yoshiya

People at touch arcade said they had to turn off game centre and icloud to get it to run on ipad 1

Just disabled iCloud's documents and data option, signed out of GC and turned on aeroplane mode and the game lasted perhaps a whole extra half second before crashing again.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Oh dang!

I totally forgot this game was coming out! I heard so many great things about the first game, that I held off picking it up for the sequel.

Giddy-up!

PittaGAF

WOW!!!!

My very first hour with Infinity Blade 2 on iPhone 4S was nothing but FREAKING AWESOME.

They improved everything on every possible level...

I strongly suggest reading the book (surprisingly good) to understand the story (which is pretty cool imho), or you won't even understand the very first cutscene nor the intro (they really should have made something about that ingame).

Can't wait to play more but...WOW!!!

Yes, in spanish, the translation is a fast google translate.

Light weapons are translated as "armas de luz", taking the "opposite to shadow" sense instead of the "small weight" sense.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
WOW!!!!

My very first hour with Infinity Blade 2 on iPhone 4S was nothing but FREAKING AWESOME.

I strongly suggest reading the book (surprisingly good) to understand the story (which is pretty cool imho), or you won't even understand the very first cutscene nor the intro (they really should have made something about that ingame).

You really think so? They improved upon the mechanics they built in the first game but I feel they failed to fully realize the potential here. I would love to have seen a bit of light exploration in the game and, perhaps, some actual environmental and navigational challenges. Something beyond the battling.

WOW!!!!

Wtf is this?, this reads as a PR statement, do you work for Chair Entertaiment?

Wtf is this?, this reads as a PR statement, do you work for Chair Entertaiment?

Several people in the iOS Gaming thread (including me) have been accused of working for companies when they post positive impressions about a game. However...some do go curiously overboard. The dude is probably just pumped about the game. I doubt Chair has (or needs) a presence here.

guina

iPhone 3GS performance impressions:

As someone who consider IB1 to be only barely playable on the 3GS, IB2 is definitely playable. The framerate is way more stable and has alot less stuttering. That said the graphics are scaled down massively compared to what the game looks like on the iPad 2/iphone 4S. All the cool effects are not present. It looks like IB1 with maybe slightly worse texture quality.

I am not complaining tho, it is still a technical marvel to see a game like this running well on a 2 years old+ phone. I also dont play that many games on my phone but i found IB1 and Battleheart to be awesome, so i caved for IB2.

oh geez. you can't sell your gear unless you have a duplicate? I guess this is the difference when you add in iap gold late in the game for IB1 vs having it in mind while making the game =/

Fuck it. I'll grind away until I'm bored. Luckily there is icloud save this time.

dark10x

As someone who consider IB1 to be only barely playable on the 3GS, IB2 is definitely playable. The framerate is way more stable and has alot less stuttering. That said the graphics are scaled down massively compared to what the game looks like on the iPad 2/iphone 4S. All the cool effects are not present. It looks like IB1 with maybe slightly worse texture quality.

I am not complaining tho, it is still a technical marvel to see a game like this running well on a 2 years old+ phone. I also dont play that many games on my phone but i found IB1 and Battleheart to be awesome, so i caved for IB2.

Screenshots? I'm curious to see what it looks like on the 3GS.

Marleyman

Banned
Several people in the iOS Gaming thread (including me) have been accused of working for companies when they post positive impressions about a game. However...some do go curiously overboard. The dude is probably just pumped about the game. I doubt Chair has (or needs) a presence here.

Agreed. I have played the living shit out of the first one so this is a must buy. I got an Iphone 4S but from what I have heard/read it seems like I may hold off a bit on this one. I mainly only play my games during shit breaks at work and random lunch breaks, but when I get a good one the "shit breaks" increase.

GeekyDad

Bless you, bless you, my good man. That is awesome news.

Can you tell me how big the game is after install?

gentlemanfinn

Neo Member
I just lost my save :( Makes me a little mad because I now have to replay the first 2 hours :(( Has anyone else experienced this? (iPhone 4 iOS5)

Vibri

Banned
Seriously? Worst co-branding ever. Sticks out in the game universe like bile. They didn't even slightly bother.

spike.jpg

Fuck lazy ass marketing retards, and fuck Spike.

dark10x

Wow, it does look pretty bad there. Still, in motion, I'm sure it looks quite reasonable. Hitting a playable framerate is more important than adding graphical niceties.

The game is really quite striking on the 4S, though. Really looks like a high-end console game. I'm not convinced they could pull off these visuals while delivering the kind of action we see on consoles, though.

Appleman

I'm not getting light shafts and dynamic shadows on my iPad 2... Is it because I'm not on iOS5 yet, or are those features 4S only?

hwalker84

I also have no audio when striking. It's strangely peaceful and took me a moment to realize what was missing. iPad 2.

I only played for a few minutes because I was in bed when it released and the women wanted to sleep but I also didn't have any sound effects for the first fight.

Skilletor

I'm pretty upset that this game won't even launch on my iPad. I can play it on my iPod 4g, but the framerate is pretty horrid.

Seriously? Worst co-branding ever. Sticks out in the game universe like bile. They didn't even slightly bother.

spike.jpg

lmfao. Just be happy that rings don't change siris's appearance in any way.

Also that the vga ring is kinda crappy, which is accurate!

Vibri

Banned
'Joke' items still make some attempt to maintain the look and feel of the game's universe.

There's a big difference between a holiday themed magic ring with IB2 appropriate art, and then some fucking BLING GOLD SPIKE VGA BRANDED piece of shit.

This just smacks of coke headed marketing idiots with zero appreciation of the game itself.

IB2 is a premium priced mobile game - shitty, poorly thought out modern co-branding is unacceptable. On top of that, the VGA brand is one of the biggest jokes in gaming.

GeekyDad

spike.jpg

Aha! Wouldn't call it lazy. Shameless and repulsive, yes. Confusing as well, since we are paying for the game. Advertising in a product you already paid for is pretty fucking low, I agree. Funny, I didn't read anything about this in any of the reviews I checked out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Aha! Wouldn't call it lazy. Shameless and repulsive, yes. Confusing as well, since we are paying for the game. Advertising in a product you already paid for is pretty fucking low, I agree. Funny, I didn't read anything about this in any of the reviews I checked out.
Ever heard of IGA? It's not wrong if it's done right.
As for the ring, I forgot about it right after I changed it to something else, but yeah, it wasn't pretty.

Vibri

Banned
It's lazy in that they really could have come up with a more creative brand integration, instead of something that sticks out like bile in an otherwise great game.

Not to mention - as mentioned above - it has absolutely no place in a product we're already paying premium price to gain access to.

Having done a fair bit of work in branded gaming/media integrations I'm just sort of staggered that Chair, who seem like a diligent and creative team would let something so stupid sully their hard work.

Smells like Epic/Spike money to me.

Vibri

Banned
OH - and taking out the central mechanic from the first game allowing you sell unneeded items, feels like an immensely cynical ploy to encourage in-game real money spending. Specially considering Mark Rein's comments about how much money they 'lost' from not allowing you to use real money to get ahead initially in the first game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
OH - and taking out the central mechanic from the first game allowing you sell unneeded items, feels like an immensely cynical ploy to encourage in-game real money spending. Specially considering Mark Rein's comments about how much money they 'lost' from not allowing you to use real money to get ahead initially in the first game.
Not being able to sell equipment is a pain, but I for one feel like you get money/better equipment much faster than in the first game. Almost all pieces of equipment that I find are better than the ones I already own, which never happened to me in IB1 - I just picked tons of cheap stuff.
And remember - you can still sell gems.

FGMPR

Banned

This annoys me as well (I mean, apart from the fact that after my first game, IB2 now crashes every time I try and run it - did they not test this?). I would be willing to pay more money upfront if it killed this balance killing feature. I can't help but think its going to be a real grind to upgrade your items, for no other reason than greed.

This game deserves better than that.

I already said it in my impressions on the 3rd page but up until now I had no problem at all. I'm at level 20 and lots of equipment I got from fights and treasurechests that I haven't mastered yet.

Top Bottom