• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade II |OT| Swiping never felt so good

Mrbob

Is there no real exploration aspect to this game? I mean it is fun (even with technical issues), but I feel like I'm playing more an incremental upgrade than a full blown sequel. New areas to fight in, but the structure of the game hasn't changed at all.

iPhone 3GS performance impressions:

As someone who consider IB1 to be only barely playable on the 3GS, IB2 is definitely playable. The framerate is way more stable and has alot less stuttering. That said the graphics are scaled down massively compared to what the game looks like on the iPad 2/iphone 4S. All the cool effects are not present. It looks like IB1 with maybe slightly worse texture quality.

I am not complaining tho, it is still a technical marvel to see a game like this running well on a 2 years old+ phone. I also dont play that many games on my phone but i found IB1 and Battleheart to be awesome, so i caved for IB2.

Isn't the Iphone 3GS the same as the touch 3G? I have to completely disagree with you unless my 3G touch is busted. The game is so framey at times in fights it won't recognize a swipe I make. IB1 ran a lot nicer.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Game runs great on my iPhone 4. Rebooted and closed all apps before playing just to be safe. Looks like I'm gonna waste a lot of time on this game.

Is it easy to do iCloud saves? Got an iPad 2 and want to give it a try

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You can still sell equipment, but only items you have more than 1 of.

iRnSS3aOCjU4g.png

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yup, people need to chill. You can sell duplicate equipment but not your final copy of something.

guina

Is there no real exploration aspect to this game? I mean it is fun (even with technical issues), but I feel like I'm playing more an incremental upgrade than a full blown sequel. New areas to fight in, but the structure of the game hasn't changed at all.

Isn't the Iphone 3GS the same as the touch 3G? I have to completely disagree with you unless my 3G touch is busted. The game is so framey at times in fights it won't recognize a swipe I make. IB1 ran a lot nicer.

The game gets framey here on the finish bonus and the killing animation, but other than that it is definitely running better than IB1, especialy on outside areas. The game not recognizing a swipe also does not happen here. Maybe it is because i am still on iOS4 and the game is not showing all the graphics i dont know.

Game runs great on my iPhone 4. Rebooted and closed all apps before playing just to be safe. Looks like I'm gonna waste a lot of time on this game.

Is it easy to do iCloud saves? Got an iPad 2 and want to give it a try

The cloud saves are pretty damn seamless. If you check the iCloud settings, you'll see the IB2 even has a special listing under "documents & data". Right now my save file us 10 kb .

eznark

Banned
Seriously? Worst co-branding ever. Sticks out in the game universe like bile. They didn't even slightly bother.

Fuck lazy ass marketing retards, and fuck Spike.

Shouldn't you be pissed at chair for putting it in the game?

Oxx

I redownloaded the game and it still dies as soon as it leaves the title screen.

I'll wait until Chair sorts something out rather than jump through hoops to get it to run.

Mrbob

I am on IOS5, could this be the problem? I just got done fighting a titan and the frame rate was so bad during an up close attack I couldn't do anything.

Also, do you not keep keys from each play through?

I got a medium key in my first blood line. Now in my 2nd I can't open a medium key chest? I also just got a small key from a titan one room after there was a small key chest that I can't go back and get. :/

Edit: NM I didn't realize I had to buy them after I found them. Weird setup.

deduce

This is the first game I've bought for my iPhone 4S. Game looks great and is a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, my character just hit level 15 and now the game locks up right before every new fight. I have to close the game from the dashboard, restart the game,and then I'll be able to fight the current enemy. When the next fight encounter happens, the game will freeze and I'll have to go through the steps again. Restarting my iPhone doesn't fix the problem. :-/

Spruchy

Shout outs to my character going back to level 1 from level 4 but being in the same area. Really cool glitch that I'm guessing involves cloud saves.

KingJ2002

I downloaded this game last night and OMG... such an improvement over the original... and they finally addressed the dodge button size.

Chair created the best iOS title ever with this game.

Oxx

Hey hey! Managed to get the game running on my iPod Touch. But then it froze when I looked at the achievements a few fights in.

GDJustin

If you're playing IB2, please take 2 seconds to answer this poll. It's literally one question:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/121/1213743p1.html

I'm trying to find out how widespread bugs are, and on what devices. If you're not experiencing bugs, please also answer. Would be good to get a sense of what % of people are experiencing issues.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The cloud saves are pretty damn seamless. If you check the iCloud settings, you'll see the IB2 even has a special listing under "documents & data". Right now my save file us 10 kb .

So I just login to my iCloud with my AppleID? We share a iPad2 around here so I'm not sure how that would work

So I just login to my iCloud with my AppleID? We share a iPad2 around here so I'm not sure how that would work

Oh... you share an iPad 2. Hmm, not sure how iCloud works with multiple users on one device. I assume that each iDevice remains logged into an AppleID account at all times.

Mrbob

What the hell. I rebooted my itouch to see if that would help with the frame rate and I lost my save file? Now I gotta start over? Ugh.

Just disabled iCloud's documents and data option, signed out of GC and turned on aeroplane mode and the game lasted perhaps a whole extra half second before crashing again.

I'm in the same boat as you, Ipad1 not working. People are saying you can get around it by playing the intro on another device and loading the iCloud save on your iPad1. Apparently the bug is only during the intro of the game. Unfortunately I can't test this, because my iphone is a 1g iphone :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Crashes after title screen on My touch 4G.

I'd love an easy way to switch iCloud and game center accounts for multiple users

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
307da7a3.jpg

This sequel has a lot of distinctive character/creature designs like the first game. I think Ealoseum, the book-reading Deathless from part one, is still my favorite so far.

My iPad 2 on OS 5.0.1 has all of the light shafts and shadow effects; I'm not sure if 5.0+ is a requirement for that.

exYle

What the fuck? Game refuses to save for me. Everytime I remove the app from Multitasking it starts me over at the beginning. I've seen the intro three times now.

Yup, people need to chill. You can sell duplicate equipment but not your final copy of something.

but besides grabbing a duplicate from a chest, selling isn't really as applicable, unless there is a benefit of having duplicates.

In the first one, you buy a decent weapon, and you sell that to save you like 30%-50% or so on the next awesome weapon.

it is a notable difference.

And I'm really having a hard time blocking 'non weapon attacks' with heavy weapon.

Which direction do I need to block headbutts?

Mrbob

Shame the game is so buggy upon release. Chair should have done more QA. Despite this, if you get the game to run it is very very fun. Even if it runs poorly like on my 3G touch!

Can't wait to see how this runs and plays when I get my Ipad 3.

Synless

307da7a3.jpg

This sequel has a lot of distinctive character/creature designs like the first game. I think Ealoseum, the book-reading Deathless from part one, is still my favorite so far.

My iPad 2 on OS 5.0.1 has all of the light shafts and shadow effects; I'm not sure if 5.0+ is a requirement for that.

Yeah, I noticed all the effects on my iPad as well. What was effects were exclusive to the iPhone version?

urge26

ipad one.... ios 5, completely unplayable. I'm really glad I decided to give chair my $6.99 day one to not play this game. Christ, test this shit.... seriously. Don't say this is playable on iPad one and then release it with a game breaking bug (on IOS 5.01, iCloud turned off).

Zeth

Game is incredible on iPad 2 and 4S. Cloud syncing is seamless, didn't have to do anything. The dual wielding stab combos are my favorite, haven't tried heavy weapons yet.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fuck, I just lost my save file trying to do iCloud. Oh well, at least I only lost like a hour of gameplay. I guess I'm not trying it again.

- J - D -

The hilariously low-res assets in the inventory screen seem so out of place with the rest of the game.

I suppose it may not be as noticeable on an iPhone screen, nut on iPad it's quite unsightly.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What happened?

My game restarted at the beginning on my iPhone. Could be the saving bug that people are getting though, not sure.

Actually, looks like the bug is in full effect. Just played for 15 minutes, rebooted and it restarted at the beginning.

Edit: just went to my character slots and my save file is magically there..wtf. I'm nervous to play this game right now...I think I'll just play IB1 and grind for that level 100 achievement

Mike M

Nick N
Had a chance to play this during myumch break today. Game seemed determined to crash everytime I opened it, but resetting my phone and closing background applications got it running.

Overall, it's shaping up to be pretty god damned awesome, though it really struggles on my 3GS from time to time (the fight in the narrow corridor when you first enter the castle in particular demonstrates a profound inability to register inputs).

Not sure how I feel about not being able to sell equipment outside of the jewels... There's really no reason to keep most of it when there are other items that just outclass those items in every way. At least there's a LOT of gold lying around to make up for it.

The only thing I categorically HATE is that you get penalized for dodging. Hate hate hate that. There doesn't seem to be any indicator that I can determine that let's you know when you've used up dodges before "exhausted dodge" sets in and starts eating hit points, or how to restore "exhaustion" or upgrade it, etc. Total misstep there, if they wanted to force the player to dodge less, make exhausted dodges leave titans open for fewer hits or something. Not this bullshit.

Alex

Great stuff, no issues on iPad 2 except a frown at more aliasing than the original. Looks good despite, though. Was a little sad about the UI too, for as nice as the art is in this the menus the ilk look so off.

Vire

Man they really need an update or something for the framerate. It crawls to around 10 FPS on iPhone 4 on this dude whose dual wielding in this small corridor. Super frustrating.

Not sure how this is getting perfect scores and this is coming from a huge Chair fan. (Loved Shadow Complex and IB1)

GDJustin

Dodge is now a stat certain equipment can buff... you'll see it frequently on armor.

You CAN see your dodges or "dodge power" depleting the more you dodge - it's the arrows inside your on-screen dodge buttons. It refills when you land strikes & over the course of the battle.

The trick is just to parry more. I parried pretty much everything in the game besides kicks, headbutts, and shield bashes. Parrying is much more effective and consistant than IB1.

Parry Parry Parry... MASSIVE DUAL WIELD COMBO. Feels good man.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So this save data bug...every time I boot, it restarts to the begining. I go to character slots and my old save isn't there. But if I create a new character then go back to the character slots menu, my old save reappears. Annoying.

I've had zero issues aside from random FPS drops on my iPhone 4. It sucks that you dudes aren't able to enjoy the game due to save state issues.

Einbroch

Banned
I don't get dual wielding. I do left right left and just keep going left for the "combo", but it does pitiful damage. Seems terrible compared to the damage of two handed weapons and sword and board.

bodine1231

I don't understand the whole Mastering thing. Do you get a stat bonus or something when fully leveling up an item? I don't see any difference.

Mike M

Nick N
I don't get dual wielding. I do left right left and just keep going left for the "combo", but it does pitiful damage. Seems terrible compared to the damage of two handed weapons and sword and board.

What's the attack stat of your dual weapon compared to your light and heavy ones?

I don't understand the whole Mastering thing. Do you get a stat bonus or something when fully leveling up an item? I don't see any difference.

Just means you've extracted all the XP they can give you (may still increase resale value when you get duplicates you can sell?)

Einbroch

Banned

No, mastering an item gives you a stat point to put into your character. It basically forces you to change weapons and weapon types to level up your character.

What's the attack stat of your dual weapon compared to your light and heavy ones?
Dual wielding weapons have much lower attack, but I'm getting more strikes in so it should be comparable, right? It's not. Takes forever to kill an enemy with dual wielding, which is why I think I'm doing something wrong.

Top Bottom