• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Blade |OT| Free Updates TF2 Style, First Update Next Week

LCfiner said:
I disagree because the ”father, I will avenge you” scene is always hilarious to me whenever it repeats.
especially when you know the son is going to get his ass kicked really badly by the god king once you get there.:D

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Radogol said:
Regarding the ending:

Am I to understand that the hero becomes the God-King after he learns of "an even greater danger", but his son thinks he's dead and comes to the citadel to avenge him? Or is the ending an actual ending, but you continue with another bloodline because "Hey, it's just a game"?

Wow, I never thought of that :lol

pretty cynical but cool

Tokubetsu

I'd love to see an xbla action adventure game using these designs and UE3. Having a lot more fun that I probably should with this :lol

Radogol

LCfiner said:
I disagree because the ”father, I will avenge you” scene is always hilarious to me whenever it repeats.

Well, when you put it that way... :lol

subversus said:
Wow, I never thought of that :lol

pretty cynical but cool

He has everything he needs -
The Infinity Blade, kick-ass technology AND about 20 years to become a tyrant detached from humanity.

In general, I think the game's universe is really cool and very well designed visually. I hope it's not the last we see of it.

heringer

LCfiner said:
It's even more hilarious when you kill the God King. In the next bloodline your guy repeat the line and you ask yourself if the God King is his father.

I wonder if whoever kills the God King becomes a new God King? At least it would make more sense, since your son would think that you were killed.

Radogol

heringer said:
I wonder if whoever kills the God King becomes a new God King? At least it would make more sense, since your son would think that you were killed.

Oh my! What an interesting thought!

Radogol

heringer said:
Whatever. The game doesn't explicitly laid it out, so it's not all that obvious. :p

Just teasing you :)

Not saying it's obvious, only that we've been discussing it across several posts, including one directly above yours.

heringer

Radogol said:
Just teasing you :)

Not saying it's obvious, only that we've been discussing it across several posts, including one directly above yours.
Oh, sorry, I missed that. Sometimes I just enter a thread and read random posts without any particular order. :lol

Radogol

Tokubetsu said:
What do you get for mastering equipment?

A skill point. You lose the ability to level though, which is a great mechanic to keep things varied until you hit a wall and get negligible amounts of experience just for that one accessory you didn't manage to master yet. Oh well, I guess that's what DLC is for.

Zomba13

So I managed to beat the God King on my 4th bloodline. I first took the 'bad' ending though, didn't wait till after the credits on that one (will next time though).
I liked how the god king pretty much sets up the DLC/expansions. Am I the only one who thinks the God king was good? I mean he had a bunch of nasty minions but he tells you
That there are other deathless things out there more powerful than him and he needs you to help stop them
I also like the scene after the credits
Does the God King have an iphone/touch on his throne? Where can I get the giant holographic globe app?

Keio

For a Finer World
I have now killed the God King
three times, last being level 150, using maxed out Infinity Blade
and I wonder if there is any "complete ending" for grinding it out a few more times? Anything on the net?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
subversus said:
242 000 on leaderboards( well, approximately). Pretty cool.

Unfortunately, a whole lot of those are pirates.

Especially the ones with a billion kills to their name. A BILLION!!

Khanage

How To Perform Combos - Epic Games Community Forums
How To Perform Combos :

There are 3 types of combos, 3, 4, and 5 hit combos. They are labeled huge, mega and super. the combinations for these are relative, meaning they can be performed starting from any side, right, left, up or down. For example a 3 hit combo can be up-down-up, or the same one mirrored down-up-down, or starting from right or left: right-left-right or left-right-left. The same goes for 4 and 5 hit combos so I'll only give the combination starting from up, but you can start anywhere and adjust your combination.

3-hit combo :

up - down - up
down - up - down
right - left- right
left - right - left

4-hit combo:

up-up-down-down
down-down-up-up
right-right-left-left
left-left-right-right

5-hit combo:

up-down-left-right-up

If you perform all 3 combos in one fight, you will get an achievement.

This really should have been documented in the game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
McBacon said:
Unfortunately, a whole lot of those are pirates.

Especially the ones with a billion kills to their name. A BILLION!!

Ouch. Is it bad on Idevices?

Maxed out every single piece of equipment, really don't feel like killing the Level 200 God-King, will wait for update and/or expansion to play more.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Curiously, I have most of the combo-related achievements, save for the very first combo achievement.
Is my game bugged?

Khanage

Mejilan said:
Curiously, I have most of the combo-related achievements, save for the very first combo achievement.
Is my game bugged?

I think that may be more to do with game centre than it is to do with the game. On a couple
of games I have missing achievements. Like in Cut the Rope, crystal shows that I have all the
achievements for the initial boxes but game centre is missing an achievement.

Mejilan

Yes, or you'll stop getting exp for that class of equipment.
You're not really gaining exp for kills, but instead draining exp from un-mastered equipment.

Vyer

fuuuuu I almost had that god king bitch down during my 3rd bloodline, but i went for the Heal at just the wrong time. He had a sliver of health left and so did I. GRRRRRR

My poison sword thing (slither?) and health and shield ring really went to town on his ass, though.

Skilletor

Just beat the god king. This game is great. I will purchase any new areas released.

My achievements are messed up, too. The combo, parry, and blocking achievements.

Khanage

Infinity Blade Review - Edge

Review Score:
8 out of 10

Like Rage, in other words, Infinity Blade’s a fearsome advert for a publisher’s middleware, but Epic’s offering is smart enough to go further than that, too. The maker of Shadow Complex has delivered a game that’s sufficiently humble to allow itself to be fundamentally shaped by serious study of the platform, yet possessed of enough self-assurance to offer weighty, bone-jarring thrills despite the thinnest of mechanics. As we wait for the first of the promised updates, then, there’s plenty of reason to hope that this is the beginning, after all –the beginning of something rather special.

Orgun

I just picked this up - it's really good. So good that my leg went numb from playing it on the loo for too long :lol

Mejilan

I think I'm getting near the end of the game.
I'm almost done with Bloodline 9, and am basically grinding out gold and experience in order to tackle the level 150 God-King. His level 50 and level 100 forms went down in Bloodlines 4 and 8 respectively, if I'm not mistaken.

Purchasing and mastering the final equipment sets will definitely be a slog, however.
Game's surprisingly easy.

It really irks me that I've got almost all of the combat/performance related achievements except for that stupid "perform a combo attack" achievement, which just hasn't registered. Blah.

LCfiner

I think this is noteworthy. not all hit games need to be 99 cents.

Infinity Blade Is The Fastest Grossing App Of All Time

Infinity Blade, Epic Games’ Unreal-powered iOS debut, has become the fastest-grossing app on the App Store.

Apple Game Center statistics show that the game has 271,424 recent players. At $5.99 a copy that means the game has grossed $1.625 million in just four days on sale.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/infinity-blade-is-the-fastest-grossing-app-of-all-time

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's the point of
joining the God King?. It shows his speech, then the credits and just restarts the battle with him. I have yet to kill him, so I guess it's just a different ending?

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Infinity Blade: a very good looking version of Punch-Out for the iPhone.
With some RPG elements. Nothing wrong with that, the game is really fun.

Another recent even more direct Punch out clone I've been enjoying is Beast Boxing.

Mejilan

Bodes well for future support, then. Good on 'em.
There's a core of a really good game in here, it just needs to be fleshed out a lot more.
Liu Kang has it right. It's basically a (slower) Punch Out with swords, magic, and light looting and leveling elements.

Minsc

Gold Member
LCfiner said:
I think this is noteworthy. not all hit games need to be 99 cents.

Infinity Blade Is The Fastest Grossing App Of All Time

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/infinity-blade-is-the-fastest-grossing-app-of-all-time

Game Center #s are bound to be low though right? You can play the game and never make a Game Center account, surely a bunch of people do just that.

I agree with Mejilan, the numbers bode well for updates! Wish we knew what the dev costs were for the engine/game.

BKXB

Economist
Lord Error said:
What's the point of
joining the God King?. It shows his speech, then the credits and just restarts the battle with him. I have yet to kill him, so I guess it's just a different ending?

Yeah, Chair did something similar with Shadow Complex. Instead of rescuing the girl, you could just
hop in your truck and drive back home.
It gives you an achievement for going with the alternate ending.

Oli

This game is really awesome. I love the soundtrack. Can't wait to see what the multiplayer is like.

hyp

LCfiner said:
it's been out less than a week!

we're fucking insatiable :lol

:lol the instant gratification factor of the app store has made me a beast. what can i say. ;]

Mejilan

The quick-turnaround is certainly nice, but new equipment sets with no new locations is merely extending the end-game slog. Not exactly compelling. Ah well, better than nothing!

Top Bottom